Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop (1686 Views)

How To Track A Stolen Mobile Phone Using The IMEI Number / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How Can I Track A Stolen Laptop?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
My new HP laptop just got stolen in my hostel yesterday
Any means to get it back if possible??
Quick answers will be appreciated
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
JerryLegend:
what's the serial number or the imei
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
HP246ELEQ37ZNAFAMZ3660922
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

what's the serial number or the imei
that is it boss
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
Any help??
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
JerryLegend:

Does the laptop come with a tracking device? If it doesn't I don't think there is much you can do. Have you tried going to the police?

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2017
techgirlng:

Does the laptop come with a tracking device? If it doesn't I don't think there is much you can do. Have you tried going to the police?

Will the tracking device be pre installed? If no then i don't have any, just got the laptop from Jumia only the receipt containing the serial no...
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
JerryLegend:
that is it boss
Do you have the MAC ID?
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
JerryLegend:

Will the tracking device be pre installed? If no then i don't have any, just got the laptop from Jumia only the receipt containing the serial no...

Yikes, most likely not. The only thing you can do now is report it to the police. maybe they can help.
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
Do you have the MAC ID?
what is a Mac ID? And how do i get that??
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
JerryLegend:
what is a Mac ID? And how do i get that??
A media access control address ( MAC address ) of a computer is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications at the data link layer of a network segment. MAC addresses are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 network technologies, including Ethernet and Wi-Fi.

you can access it through CMD ...every COMPUTER /PHONE has a unique Mac... just like an IP address it can be use to track laptop or smartphones.

visit trackmylaptop.net

though your still gonna need mac id

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

A media access control address ( MAC address ) of a computer is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications at the data link layer of a network segment. MAC addresses are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 network technologies, including Ethernet and Wi-Fi.

you can access it through CMD ...every COMPUTER /PHONE has a unique Mac... just like an IP address it can be use to track laptop or smartphones.

visit trackmylaptop.net

though your still gonna need mac id
can i get the mac number from the ladtop manual or receipt?
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
JerryLegend:
can i get the mac number from the ladtop manual or receipt?
I doubt on the receipt.... try the manual (not sure though)
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
I doubt on the receipt.... try the manual (not sure though)
not thier
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
JerryLegend:
not thier
sorry, that would have been the only solution...since you don't have any tracking software installed on it
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by JerryLegend(m): 8:12am On Apr 02, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

sorry, that would have been the only solution...since you don't have any tracking software installed on it
embarassed it long gone??
Re: How To Recover Back A Stolen Laptop by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
JerryLegend:
embarassed it long gone??
Yeah, bro.....nothin' i can't do without the MAC ID

(1) (Reply)

Teclast X5 Pro Review - 8gb Ram Tablet / . / New Glo Data: The Real Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.