Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,740,932 members, 6,500,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 September 2021 at 07:37 PM

Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero (26890 Views)

Adebisi To Become Wema Bank CEO As Oloketuyi Retires / Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by Swissheart(f): 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
doctorgold:
Swissheart, come and see my one of my ancestors.
Hmmmn, Ade' this is a very beautiful piece. Some lines got my attention and I haven't stopped ruminating over them...Hardabc wink
Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by fuke(m): 4:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Efon Alaaye if in Ekiti state.
Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by NovusHomo(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
dominique:
Nice info but was she really the first entrepreneur in Ibadan? Meaning there was no one doing business prior to her time in the 19th century?

He/him. He was a man.
Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by DamiG(f): 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
lovely story,such a shame am just hearing about him for the first time sad
Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by Mbediogu(m): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Such men live meteoric lives. They come once in a long while and are soon gone from a sinful world. Inspiring story.
Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by delpee(f): 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
Wow! I've heard about Adebisi Idikan before. Glad to read his story. Impressive!

Efunsetan Aniwura was also a successful Ibadan businesswoman though very tough and sometimes classified as wicked because of the way she treated her slaves. I think she lived in the same era with Madam Tinubu (another successful trader) of Lagos.
Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by naughtylagosguy(m): 2:21am On Apr 03, 2017
Aunty Bisi olubee22, come and see your namesake.
Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by Olubee22(f): 8:15am On Apr 03, 2017
naughtylagosguy:
Aunty Bisi olubee22, come and see your namesake.
It's not easy nah.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by Moneybath2016: 10:58am On Apr 03, 2017
An inspiring story, I am impressed. It is good that African writers write about Africa because nobody can ever tell the story of a land like the natives. However, Efon Alaaye is not in Ondo State, but Ekiti State.
Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by Nikkybrainz(f): 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
Wonderful piece! I couldn't stop reading till the very end...I was particularly fascinated at his request to pay tax for all the men in Ịbadan. These are that kind of stories that we should always use to remind ourselves of the long lost golden past. We had great, humane people who cared. We still can.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by tomsy2: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
Moneybath2016:
An inspiring story, I am impressed. It is good that African writers write about Africa because nobody can ever tell the story of a land like the natives. However, Efon Alaaye is not in Ondo State, but Ekiti State.
Note that at the time Adebisi Idikan lived Efon Alaaye was neither in Ekiti nor Ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Ibadan’s First Entrepreneur, Enigmatic Adebisi Idi-ikan: An Unsung Hero by arishkapoor(m): 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
Am going to be build my house like Adebisi own. If care is not taken, you might not be able to build anyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi / Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes / Google CEO, Sundar Pichai Visits Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.