Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) (9790 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / My Take On Chimamanda "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Does Anyone Feel The Same Way To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Rick9(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2017
Jsaviour:
I think beheading is not okay. Their penis should be cut off so that they will see ladies everday of their life but can't touch them.
I concur
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Rick9(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2017
Azeequeen:
She combed the entire house in search of her daughter all to no avail. She was about to call for a search team again- the second in a week when she found a weird looking envelope on the floor. She looked at the end product of a tree lying at the other edge of the centre table and moved closer to the object that was not there the day before. She hesitated before moving closer to the table. With a trembling body, she moved closer to the table to confirm whatever is in the envelope. She shuddered in fear as she remembered the Dele Giwa issue but shook the thoughts away from her mind. A man dies once. She picked up the envelope and discovered a letter was in it and it was addressed to her. She could recognise the handwriting anywhere in the whole world. It was written by the one person in the universe who could address her as 'Dear Mother'.

Dear Mother,

I did not mean to let it happen this way but it cannot be changed. Mother, I was just tired, I was fed up. I was tired of the look of pity everyone was giving me including you too, Mother. It was not my fault that a calamity befell me, was it? Everybody was sounding notes of warning to their children at my own detriment.

'Tola, if you do not want what happened to Yewande to happen you, listen to me...'
Mother, does it really have to be like that? My heart was burdened, I felt my whole world crashing and no one seem to care. I felt guilty. I felt I was taking the whole blame for whatever happened.

If I had stayed, I would still be suffering in silence and nobody would know. I doubted it if everything was going to be same again. Words cannot really express how I feel. Is it the constant nightmares? The air passing through my legs every time to remind me of what happened? Or the throbbing pain accompanied with it? I hear those sounds everyday. I hear the voices now and then. I still the flicker of light being flashed through my face. I will never forget the chilly weather that night. The muffling of the dry leaves, the creaking sound of the animals, the grip, virtually everything. Everything. At times, what I needed was someone to tell me 'God loves you' but everyone was too immersed in self-pity that they did not know what always happen behind closed-doors.

I wish I could turn back the hands of time, then it would be the time I was coming to this world and I will tell God not to allow this kind of situation to happen to me. It was more than I could bear. The weight was too much and I was already suffocating. I couldn't keep up with the motion so I just gave up. I gave up everything since it is useless for me to stay anyways. The fact that I would not be around is irrelevant and I am certain that only few people will miss me. It is one thing to be void of emotions, it is something else to be feeling empty. The latter is what I feel. It feels like value has gone out of me and the worth is no longer there. I could not lift my head among my peers anymore even though I really wanted to. I, that was the cynosure of all eyes and prided myself among my contemporaries now became more or less a subject of ridicule. I, that was once the role model of the young ones now became the one parents are using as an example to them because of somebody else's pleasure. I cried and cried till tears could no longer come out so I watched till my whole heart was completely shattered into pieces.

Mother, just like I've said, I never wanted any of these to happen but probably it was destined to happen in that way. I am so sorry. Check the back of the banana tree at the backyard, you'd see my body there that's if the animals are not too fast. Please live a good life without me.
Your daughter,
Yewande.

Like a rabid dog, she ran to the backyard and true to her daughter's words, she found her lying helplessly on the ground. She prayed as she moved closer to the body that she should just be unconscious and not dead. She got there, knelt beside her, checked her pulse and she knew.

She knew she was gone.

Gone.

She felt her tears fall. 'What is a good life without you?' As if compliance with her thoughts, she felt her heart tighten and her breathing ceased and in a matter of seconds, she was gone too.

THE END.

To all victims of rape, may the Lord heal your broken heart completely. Amen

#Saynotorape

Alternate Ending. Azeequeen sorry I had to do this, the story is too interesting to just end like that

Mother, just like I've said, I never wanted any of these to happen but probably it was destined to happen in that way. I am so sorry. By the time you have finished reading this letter, I would be somewhere far away, I just had to leave mum, I need to start a new life. Please live a good life without me.
Your daughter,
Yewande.

Like a rabid dog, she ran to her room she had packed all her luggage,
Truly, She knew she was gone.

Gone for good, she broke down in tears " Oh My Daughter"!

* Continuation Plot *

She travelled Abroad to start a New Life, she couldn't fall in love until she met Prince Charming, would she let go of her past ? FIND OUT !!!!!!

Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 4:12pm On May 28, 2017
Jtmanager:

What kind of interesting Intriguing and sad story is this

Well let's discuss 08134810083 please try and flash me
Thanks dearie. I'll try
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 4:15pm On May 28, 2017
Rick9:
Azeequeen Plz nau, it can't end like this na its too short oh. But you did a good job.
I know it is short. A short story, remember?
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 4:19pm On May 28, 2017
Jsaviour:
I think beheading is not okay. Their penis should be cut off so that they will see ladies everday of their life but can't touch them.
Bae, that's not so nice but sincerely, the trauma that comes with rape is so severe
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 4:22pm On May 28, 2017
I'm through with it ooo Hadampson, Adesina12 still waiting for the popcorn OluwabuqqyYOLO, Miss P is through Bimberry1307, kimbra
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:58pm On May 28, 2017
Azeequeen:
OluwabuqqyYOLO
You are welcome back, moonlight. I'll read later though, got to observe iftar.
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:18pm On May 28, 2017
OH, that's sad, dear. Rapists should have their balls broken. You did well for a first-timer. Well done, you can do better.
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Adesina12: 10:51pm On May 28, 2017
Dear Azeequeen I am personally waiting for part two ok

How is ramdhan treating you

All the best
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Rick9(m): 10:55pm On May 28, 2017
Azeequeen:

I know it is short. A short story, remember?
sad my dear I know and I liked it much much, but a part of me just wished it would continue
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 9:35pm On May 29, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
OH, that's sad, dear. Rapists should have their balls broken. You did well for a first-timer. Well done, you can do better.
For real

Thanks dear
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 9:36pm On May 29, 2017
Adesina12:
Dear Azeequeen I am personally waiting for part two ok

How is ramdhan treating you

All the best
Part two kwa??

I'm not fasting. Got converted

1 Like

Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 9:39pm On May 29, 2017
Rick9:
sad my dear I know and I liked it much much, but a part of me just wished it would continue
I wanted to continue as well but I am extremely busy and lazy in typing. If you can do the typing... lol
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Adesina12: 10:01am On May 30, 2017
Azeequeen:

Part two kwa??

I'm not fasting. Got converted

Ohh realy?

All the best.
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 30, 2017
Azeequeen:

I wanted to continue as well but I am extremely busy and lazy in typing. If you can do the typing... lol
Dis geh sad. We are waiting.....type na tongue grin

I finished late....sorry ma
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Seunfunmi18(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2017
cry cry cry cry

So touching.
[code][/code]I stand against rape
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by WHOcarex: 8:39am On Jun 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Dandeedadrunk(m): 9:38am On Jun 29, 2017
Azeequeen:
This work is a pure fiction. All names and resemblance to either the living or the dead are just coincidental to the imagination of the author. The use of this work without the permission of the author attracts legal actions.

©Azeezat O. Adekanye

I Private chat u

Dedicated to all rape victims. It is my prayer that the Lord heal you completely. Amen.

Hmmmm *clears throat* This is actually my first here,your views and opinions will be highly welcomed. I need to invite all my ogas here,those that I look up to and my 'tile tile' people.

LarrySun,the man I think he is not human,still waiting for Black Maria
Oyinprince,remember the lady who wanted to play Tara's role?
Repogirl n AudreyTimms,'ma'ams' It's been a while
Divepen1,this somebody needs you
Skarlett,it's been a while
Bibijay123,Twine is still fresh in my memory
OluwabuqqyYOLO,Miss Pretty rings a bell?
Chumpzypinky,mummy triplets,I hope you drop by
Rachaelfst,I want to start like you too

My tile tile
Hadampson
Kimbra(sorry for dragging you outta R section)
Photoshoot
Jagugu88li
Adesina12
Cerowo
AlamienDagash
comelyjummy
sammyfreshsmooth
bimberry
TheBlessedMan

Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Jaidoo01: 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
Azeequeen:

Thanks so much, I am really grateful

This is my first time I'd b commenting on story like this... madam azeequeen u rock it. Keep it up ma'am
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by RapportNaija(m): 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nice one OP...

Y all catch my latest short story: Fresher Girl Part 4 Here too!!!
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by EvaJael(f): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2017
I just stumbled on this today. It's a very good piece azeequeen
Re: Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
EvaJael:
I just stumbled on this today. It's a very good piece azeequeen

Babe, thanks so much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kola Onadipe's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace / Nmeri's literary junkyard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.