Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

April Fool's Day (short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / April Fool's Day (short Story) (1825 Views)

A Fool At Twenty / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

April Fool's Day (short Story) by Divepen1(m): 8:38am On Apr 01, 2017
April Fool's Day ( An excerpt From 'Jettisoned')
Akintayo Akinjide

Teju's eyes flickered. The fan rolled. She felt the bed and turned towards where Chris was supposed to be. His phone was on the bed, lying faced down. That was very unlike Chris. There was no way he would go anywhere without his phone.

She sluggishly rolled off her bed and wrapped the bedsheet around herself. The estate was unusually silent. The estate wasn't used to noise, but this silence was different.

She hobbled towards the toilet. The alcohol she and Chris took before they slept still made her head pound. She could still use four hours of sleep. The previous day was her birthday and the party was so massive that many of them just left that morning. And immediately she and Chris made sure they were all gone, they gulped down another round of wine. This time she knocked herself out.

After knocking the toilet door severally, she opened it to meet an empty bed.
She trudged into the room and wore a bumper short and a T-shirt, then went out of the house. There was only one place Chris could have gone, to get his favourite drink. She hissed and returned to the room and climbed back into her bed.

To be candid, the reason she actually refused to leave the room was because of her fear. The parlour would be a mess and it would depress her, and would remind her of Aunty Nike, her maternal Aunty whose life was rigged with nagging. She had made her hate neatness; then finally love her.

Then Ada was calling. She smiled as she knew why she was calling.
' Hello Bae'.
' Teju help me oo', Ada cried. Teju's smile broaden. She knew why Ada was crying. Chris, her husband hadn't returned home.
' Calm down'.
' I can't find my baby oo'.
'Calm down. Chris must be somewhere chilling'.
' No... I'm talking about JayJay, my baby. I can't find him'.
Teju sat up. ' What- How did it happen?'
' I was on the queue...on the bench, I was sitting right there waiting for his ..his post natal care'.
' Yes...'
' That's when I can't find him'.

People wailed in the background. And that made Teju wondered if other women were crying on Ada's behalf.
' Did you give him to someone?'
' No- No. He sort of...' Ada said and burst into tears. Teju shook her head repeatedly. She had scolded Ada for always being emotional. Then, she remembered it was April 1st.
She hissed. ' Ada abeg. You no fit do April fool for me'.
' No- No. Jay jay disappeared'.

Teju was always skeptical about such things as this, so she contemplated on whether to believe Ada or not. Can that happen? Well, except if someone used metabolical power, which she didn't believe in. But maybe this would prove her wrong.
' Did someone by any chance hit you with something?'

' No-No. He just disappeared', Ada cried. 'His clothes are still in my hand. Ah! My baby'.
' Ada, no dey joke. You should have played your prank since morning'.
' Will I joke about Jayjay?'
' Yes. You know I'm his godmother'.
' No- No. It's not only JayJay that's gone. Many children are also gone'.

Teju was petrified. She turned stiffly to look at the side of the bed. Chris' clothes were all there. That was impossible. What was happening?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Wapapod(m): 9:08am On Apr 01, 2017
angryRapture?
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by dasilver20(f): 9:11am On Apr 01, 2017
My oga at the top i sight u o.Nice story
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by EvaJael(f): 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
I've always admired your works...another great one.
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Divepen1(m): 2:19am On Apr 02, 2017
Wapapod:
angryRapture?
Yeayea

1 Like

Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Divepen1(m): 2:19am On Apr 02, 2017
dasilver20:
My oga at the top i sight u o.Nice story
Thanks alot
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Divepen1(m): 2:20am On Apr 02, 2017
EvaJael:
I've always admired your works...another great one.
awawwnn.. Gracias

1 Like

Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by EvaJael(f): 5:57am On Apr 02, 2017
Divepen1:
awawwnn.. Gracias
Uwc
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Perfecter4real(m): 7:05am On Apr 26, 2017
Whoa. Dude Please come and continue
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Divepen1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
Perfecter4real:
Whoa. Dude Please come and continue
When it's ready I'll hint you.

1 Like

Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Perfecter4real(m): 4:34am On Apr 28, 2017
Divepen1:
When it's ready I'll hint you.
ok waiting in anticipation
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by ceedarlin1(f): 8:08pm On May 11, 2017
Like seriously divepen you can't do this to we reader Pls just end it well please..
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Divepen1(m): 1:33am On May 12, 2017
ceedarlin1:
Like seriously divepen you can't do this to we reader Pls just end it well please..
No fex.. The story will be fully ready in January. I'll make the full stories available by then.
Re: April Fool's Day (short Story) by Despirado121(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2017
Bt u shudnt av started sinz its not ready now!! I'm already imagining wats happenin nd wats gonna happen nxt!. Weldon bro!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Bad Boy I Was. / Shade's Unexpected Visit (A Short Romantic Story) / Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.