Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1706348 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ServanTheG(m): 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It can never........ cheesy

And if it does, I shall resurrect on the 4th day........ wink
Good idea sir. Death by chunkie is a weird way to go
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by DUNKA(m): 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
For current users how durable and reliable are UMIDIGI Phones?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
ServanTheG:
Good idea sir. Death by chunkie is a weird way to go

It's my die nah...... Abi nah ur die......... grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
DUNKA:

Read all 1895 pages......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ServanTheG(m): 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
Not at all sir cheesy. Boss abeg I really need your help. School don resume and I no get shishi. Pls help me this one time sir. Anything will do
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by chris81964(m): 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
DUNKA:
They are fine. I consider them disposable. Expect 18 to 24 months from them
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
chris81964:

They are fine. I consider them disposable. Expect 18 to 24 months from them

Some people expect 180 - 240 months.......... cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Uzland: 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I refuse to become a conduit....... wink
That's so harsh!shockedangry

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Uzland: 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It can never........ cheesy
And if it does, I shall resurrect on the 4th day........ wink
You'll make a good preacher, you know.winkcheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by generaljosh1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kenny242:

Where's your location

Ondo
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by generaljosh1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
I don get badge as Umidigi top fan, abeg e get benefit?

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
generaljosh1:

E just be like make you make teapot, with chocolate........ cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
Uzland:

You'll make a good preacher, you know.winkcheesy

Just dey pay me the tithe and offerings.......... cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sleemoon(m): 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lexusgs430:

u can neva be caught unaware... cheesy cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by musco4me: 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2021
generaljosh1:
use am sew umidigi uniform. Lol
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by payman(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pls hw good is umi 7a pro,and what is d current price?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by showietee: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Read all 1895 pages......... cheesy

That is too harsh.. Considering the fact that you are one of the pioneers of this thread.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
showietee:

That is too harsh.. Considering the fact that you are one of the pioneers of this thread.

The beauty about this thread is, you would get honest opinions from lovers of Umidigi, haters of Umidigi and trolls of Umidigi........... grin

How do we help you decide.......... wink

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Uzland: 5:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Pastorpreneur.tonguelipsrsealed
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by pek(m): 6:17am On Jan 21, 2021
Hello. My front camera stopped working. Any solution please. Can't do video call.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by dollarnaira: 8:45am On Jan 21, 2021
A5 pro users with freezing screens.
Remove front screen completely with care and apply gum all over again.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by showietee: 9:00am On Jan 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

The beauty about this thread is, you would get honest opinions from lovers of Umidigi, haters of Umidigi and trolls of Umidigi........... grin

How do we help you decide.......... wink

Continue...

I think quite a number of people have complained about their Umidigi phone crashing, including myself, I even filed a complain on their page, its been a week but no response on the resolution for the problem, the kind of attitude that could bring setback for the organization if such trait persist.

Can we find a solution to Umidigi phones crashing here?

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by showietee: 9:06am On Jan 21, 2021
dollarnaira:
A5 pro users with freezing screens.
Remove front screen completely with care and apply gum all over again.

Mine is not powering on at all but one could feel it is charging as it gets warmer after awhile wen the charger is plugged on and when plugeed to a PC, it is not recognised.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by omoadeleye(m): 9:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Good morning bosses

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by CharlesJok3r: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Just passing by cheesy.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:38am On Jan 21, 2021
showietee:

Continue...

I think quite a number of people have complained about their Umidigi phone crashing, including myself, I even filed a complain on their page, its been a week but no response on the resolution for the problem, the kind of attitude that could bring setback for the organization if such trait persist.

Can we find a solution to Umidigi phones crashing here?

Download rom from Umidigi Community, and attempt flashing........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:38am On Jan 21, 2021
showietee:

Mine is not powering on at all but one could feel it is charging as it gets warmer after awhile wen the charger is plugged on and when plugeed to a PC, it is not recognised.

Are you using a proper data transfer cable...........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by showietee: 10:52am On Jan 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Are you using a proper data transfer cable...........

Yes.. Some times it will give the sound like it recognises a device connected but it doesn't show on the PC that a device is connected.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by 11Anonymous(m): 10:57am On Jan 21, 2021
I finally solved the screen freezing and malfunctioning on Umidigi A5 pro.

I initially took it to a repairer on Monday, I told him " I want to remove the front glass and glue it back". He said if he opens the phone, he might break something that I should keep managing it like that, I should order for the screen and give him to fix a new one. I left there because my screen is still good as new. Not yet broken.

Last night, I used a razor blade, the blunt edge to pull the screen a little bit up starting from the bottom at those lining to the top. I couldn't pull it so much up because it is attached to the panel at the back. I was careful when I got to the top left side, cox that's where the screen flex is, if it's cut the screen will go blank.

After slightly pulling all sides up, I noticed there was no freezing or malfunctioning whatsoever. I thought of to keep using it like that but it was a little ugly at the bottom, the screen lights were shinning out.

The next day, I took it to a repairer, I told him I wanted to use his phone glue. I pulled each side up using the blunt edge of the razor while he was applying the gum. I did it around all sides. He used a rubber band to tighten the screen, left it for 15min and cleaned the glue off using a chemical. I gave him #200.
I got home and cleaned it properly using à detergent and sponge. The screen looked new, Lol.

Now no more freezing or touch malfunctioning.

If you still love your phone, you don't wanna sell it because of how good it is and you're up for it, then you can try it out.

By the way, I'm on Android 11 with January security patch cheesy

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by limpopo: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2021
11Anonymous:

I initially took it to a repairer on Monday, I told him " I want to remove the front glass and glue it back". He said if he opens the phone, he might break something that I should keep managing it like that, I should order for the screen and give him to fix a new one. I left there because my screen is still good as new. Not yet broken.

Last night, I used a razor blade, the blunt edge to pull the screen a little bit up starting from the bottom at those lining to the top. I couldn't pull it so much up because it is attached to the panel at the back. I was careful when I got to the top left side, cox that's where the screen flex is, if it's cut the screen will go blank.

After slightly pulling all sides up, I noticed there was no freezing or malfunctioning whatsoever. I thought of to keep using it like that but it was a little ugly at the bottom, the screen lights were shinning out.

The next day, I took it to a repairer, I told him I wanted to use his phone glue. I pulled each side up using the blunt edge of the razor while he was applying the gum. I did it around all sides. He used a rubber band to tighten the screen, left it for 15min and cleaned the glue off using a chemical. I gave him #200.
I got home and cleaned it properly using à detergent and sponge. The screen looked new, Lol.

If you still love your phone, you don't wanna sell it because of how good it is and you're up for it, then you can try it out.

Android 11 with January security patch!!!!

Bruv, How
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by mattmogan88: 11:39am On Jan 21, 2021
11Anonymous:

Android 11

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Toluene15: 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
showietee:

Yes.. Some times it will give the sound like it recognises a device connected but it doesn't show on the PC that a device is connected.
It won't show na. The phone is bricked
You have to flash it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.