Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:44 AM

Rhema For Living Devotional - Understanding God's Purpose For Your Life. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional - Understanding God's Purpose For Your Life. (325 Views)

Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. / 5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema For Living Devotional - Understanding God's Purpose For Your Life. by Ken4Christ: 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
Saturday, April 1st.
Understanding God's Will or Purpose For Your Life.

"Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is". (Ephesians 5:17).

God has a purpose for your life. You are not a product of accident. God planned long ago for you even before you were born. You ought to know what God's will is for your life and align yourself with it. One of the greatest tragedy of life is to walk through this earth without fulfilling God's purpose for your life.

Discovering your purpose in life gives your life a meaning. It also gives you direction in life. It minimizes waste of effort and energy as you know where they should be channeled. It will also affect the choices you make and the people you relate with.

There is the general will of God and there is also a specific purpose for each individual. The general purposes of God are clearly stated in his word. For instance, it is God's will that you should take the gospel to lost souls. Anyone who is not involved in spreading the good news has made himself a misfit for God's kingdom. God also wants you to be consistent in all Church services and programmes.

The special purpose of God for your life could be to stand in the office of a Pastor. You can also be called into the ministry of helps. This includes all kinds of activities carried to facilitate the work of the gospel. It could be just ushering or singing. Most of the times, the moment you identify one area you know you should serve, there is the tendency to take up higher responsibility over time. So, it is not uncommon to see someone starting as an usher and ends up as a Pastor.

How do you discover your specific purpose on earth? It begins with obedience to the general purpose of God. You begin by committing yourself to any activity in Church. Make yourself available and serve in any capacity you possibly can. Get involved in any activity that releases your joy. As you do, over time, you will discover God's specific purpose for your life. If it is a high calling like any of the five fold ministry gifts, God can use another minister to confirm it.

Never take up any office of the five fold ministry gift because someone said you are called. You are the first person that should know that you are called. When certain prophets and teachers gathered together in Antioch, they ministered to the Lord and fasted. Then, "...the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them". (Acts 13:2). Barnabas and Saul received a confirmation for their ministry but they knew they were called.

When you just sit down warming the benches in your local church, you will never discover your specific purpose on earth. And it could cost you your salvation as you will be counted amongst the wicked and unprofitable servants. And when you have discovered your purpose, put your life into it as you will one day give account of your stewardship. Live your life with purpose so you can say like Apostle Paul, "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain". (Philippians 1:21).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Mighty God and father of glory, I exalt your holy name. I thank you for the purpose you have given me to fulfill. As I commit myself to fulfill your call upon my life, give me the strength I need to complete it in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You will do uncommon things that will amaze your generation. God will guide you with his very eyes through the journey of your life in the name of Jesus. Every door that have been closed against you shall be opened in the name of Jesus. Whatsoever you lay your hands upon shall prosper in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: John 4:34; 6:38; 2nd Timothy 4:7.
Daily Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 23-24; Revelation 9-11.

(1) (Reply)

Flee Adultery And Fornication: / Music Dj Gets Over 200 Death Threats For Inciting Muslims With A Song / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.