Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, (21786 Views)

Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! / Breaking News: CIA, FBI storm Nigeria; quiz Muttalab snr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by egin(m): 9:21am On Dec 26, 2009
Saharareporters has identified the family of Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab in Nigeria. The 23 year old would-be bomber of Northwest airline flight 253 is the son of recently retired chairman of First Bank of Nigeria Dr. Umaru Abdul Mutallab.

The father of the bomber, Dr. Muttalab was born in 1939 in Katsina township, the home state of Nigeria’s sickly leader Umaru Musa Yar’adua.

Dr. Muttallab is currently the chairman of Nigeria first Islamic bank, Jaiz International Plc. He sits on the board of the bank with Dr. Rilwan Lukman, the Nigerian minister of Petroleum resources.
The Al-Qaida linked son, Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, is an engineering student at University College London.

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:38am On Dec 26, 2009
na wa oo! why would such an enterprising young man wanna put his life on the line?
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 26, 2009
hope he's not a NLer.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by SweetT1: 9:48am On Dec 26, 2009
Now we can see the face of the islamic terrorist. He may be the son of Soludo but he's nobody in the USA, send him down south let him get a taste of waterboarding. The rednecks in the south will love to get their hands on him.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Knight1(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2009
good people great nation ;d
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 26, 2009
his ass will be fckud real good in the US jail

grin
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by PapaBrowne(m): 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
Hahahahha!!!
Dr Umaru Mutallab!!! That is CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi's best friend.

Mutallab who has been Chairman of First bank for ten years single handedly appointed Sanusi as the CEO of First Bank in preparation for his posting as CBN Governor.
Mind you, both  Muttalab and Sanusi were also together in UBA and have been very close friends all these years.
In short, Muttallab is Sanusi's mentor.

Only last week, 15th December 2009 to be precise, Muttallab resigned his appointment as Chairman of First bank probably in preparation for the onset of his Islamic Bank- Jaiz International Bank.
Sanusi has been pushing for the establishment of Islamic banking, with Jaiz Bank as the first off shot.

Now his son is involved in an international terrorist attack!
No wonder Sanusi has been going about his job at CBN like a terrorist, causing unnecesary catastrophe in the whole banking sector!

ABOUT MUTALLAB

Dr. Mutallab was born on December 15, 1939 in Katsina Town, Katsina State of Nigeria. He is a Fellow of both the Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (FCCA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA).

Mutallab is a former Federal Commissioner of Economic Development (1975) and also of Cooperation and Supply (1976). He played a major role in introducing Islamic banking into Nigeria.

A versatile professional and businessman, he was the Executive Chairman & Managing Director of United Bank for Africa (UBA) and the recently retired Chairman of First Bank of Nigeria Plc

http://www.jaizinternationalplc.com/board_of_directors_management_staff.html

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by kuramo: 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2009
This is really serious, it's time we all recognise the potential dangers posed by closet terrorists we have in Nigeria i.e all the muslim fundamentalists based predominantly in the northern part of Nigeria including all those advocating for sharia law.

It is very unfortunate because Nigerians will now become terror suspects wherever they travel in the west and all this is due to the action of one sick and crazy bastard whose father happens to be a rich and influential northerner.

We need to worry about how far into hell these so-called katsina Mafioso will take the whole country. We are already grappling with the constitutional crisis fostered upon us by the moribund President Yar' Adua and his katsina goons lead by his evil and corrupt wife Turai.

A troubling time for the country which ordinary Nigerians did not ask for.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Jids(m): 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2009
Thanks Kuramo, we are trying to clear our 419 acts all over the world and now is a terror act.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by skfa1: 12:51pm On Dec 26, 2009
This guy handsome o, why u this now?  this time wey guys dey dance yahooze, dey enjoy life nah him u wan come kill urself.

But nah enjoyment naija guys like this days now, nobody wants to die. This guy just messed up big time  angry    angry    angry
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by kuramo: 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2009
The guy is a crazy b astard.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2009
According to Latest Sky News sources, the guy is living in a 4 million pounds rented property in Central London.

Meanwhile, Poster please take down that pic. It has been confirmed that the guy in th pic is not actually the guy. Saharareporters have taken down the pic on their site.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by real4life: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2009
Why all the hateful mails against the North? How many times have Nigerians of Southern origin disgraced this country abroad?

Can I conclude that all females from Edo and Delta guys are harlots or retired harlots who have retired from Italy?

Can I conclude that everyone from the South west is a fraudster, yahoo yahoo?

Can I conclude that all niger deltans are militants or terrorists?

Enough of the hate please, you should all cover your hateful faces in shame
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by tunku(m): 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
real4life when was the last time people from the south went on a killing rampage to forbid education? When was the last time a christian student killed a pregnant teacher for not allowing them to cheat on a test? please go screw yourself you terrorist apologist.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by real4life: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
you dont even understand my post.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2009
[size=14pt]. . .First bank also produced Lamido Sanusi. Something de deh?[/size]
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by morrow: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2009
Pls metal-gong or wat ever u call ur self,know the kind of words u use and mind ur tongue.Bcoz ALLAH is not someone u play with.u r passing ur boundary.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by coolier(f): 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2009
real4life:

Why all the hateful mails against the North? How many times have Nigerians of Southern origin disgraced this country abroad?

Can I conclude that all females from Edo and Delta guys are harlots or retired harlots who have retired from Italy?

Can I conclude that everyone from the South west is a fraudster, yahoo yahoo?

Can I conclude that all niger deltans are militants or terrorists?

Enough of the hate please, you should all cover your hateful faces in shame

True talk.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Hahahahha!!!
Dr Umaru Mutallab!!! That is CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi's best friend.

Mutallab who has been Chairman of First bank for ten years single handedly appointed Sanusi as the CEO of First Bank in preparation for his posting as CBN Governor.
Mind you, both  Muttalab and Sanusi were also together in UBA and have been very close friends all these years.
In short, Muttallab is Sanusi's mentor.

Only last week, 15th December 2009 to be precise, Muttallab resigned his appointment as Chairman of First bank probably in preparation for the onset of his Islamic Bank- Jaiz International Bank.
Sanusi has been pushing for the establishment of Islamic banking, with Jaiz Bank as the first off shot.

Now his son is involved in an international terrorist attack!
No wonder Sanusi has been going about his job at CBN like a terrorist, causing unnecesary catastrophe in the whole banking sector!

ABOUT MUTALLAB
http://www.jaizinternationalplc.com/board_of_directors_management_staff.html

They both sit on the board of an Islamic bank. Their colleague, Rilwan Lukman is now in Austria (even though ordered not to travel). Is there a link? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by tunku(m): 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
Fools! There is no moral equivocation between selling your body and trying to kill a lot of people.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by morrow: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2009
It is u wily or wat ever u called ur name that is a terrorist.U better mind ur business and stop gossiping
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by nduchucks: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
Beaf:

. .First bank also produced Lamido Sanusi. Something de deh?

oh boy, make you no start another unnecessary rumour.

The UK has become a breeding ground for these young terrorists. Additionally, the suspect's name was in a database indicating "a significant terrorist connection" although it did not appear on a "no-fly" list, said Mr King.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8430699.stm

My question is, what the hell did they do with that information?  The guy was given a visa to enter the USA, shouldn't the embassy officials have notified authorities of these guy's impending entry into the US? 

Someone should get fired for endangering the lives of everyone on the plane! How did he get past security in Amsterdam?

All Nigerians should be outraged by these kinds of act of terrorism!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by ChapelleS: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
tunku:

Fools! There is no moral equivocation between selling your body and trying to kill a lot of people.

You see why you people will continue to be terrorist. How I wish Africom will come and take like 1000 Nigerian Muslims to Guantanamo so that una go hear.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2009
This is where he lives in London. Oil money embarassed.

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by ezeagu(m): 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

hope he's not a NLer.

That's highly possible considering he's a student abroad and Nairalands demographics. The guy looks like 2face, let me be quiet.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by ezeagu(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
Beaf:

This is where he lives in London. Oil money embarassed.

Its what they deserve, I think they didn't care where the money he used for Uni fees came from? Now everybody is looking on London because of accommodating a terrorist.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2009
his apartment is really posh as the british would say- just saw it on cnn
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by real4life: 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2009

Mr tunku, what i am trying to say is that you cannot stigmatize all Northerners just because a few northerners engage in some negative acts. There are over 70million Northerners (rough estimate) in Nigeria. How many have been engaged in terrorist acts?

It is the same whether it is prostitution, 419, terrorism, etc. NEVER GENERALIZE!!!

If the person accused is proven guilty then he and he alone should take the blame.

I hope you understand my post now tunku
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by unfaded(m): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2009
real4life, you be correct guy.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by ezeagu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2009
real4life:

There are over 70million Northerners (rough estimate) in Nigeria.

undecided
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by grafikdon: 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

undecided

That's Nigeria's fraudulent census at work.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2009
I'm a Muslim and without any regrets, irrespective of the undoings of some bad eggs among us. As for those blabbing that every Muslim is a potential terrorist, I have grown beyond engaging those people and would rather ignore them.

Farouk's case is most likely to be a case of overzealousness or youthful exuberance or exaggerated piety. It is most condemnable and embarrassing.

As for his father, Alhaji Muttalab, I only pity the man. The man is arguably the north's most experienced banker and a former MD of UBA and until last week Chairman of First bank.

And the claim that he was the one that recommended Sanusi appears true. I remember reading the full story in, I think, TELL or Newswatch soem months ago. Yar'adua, worried by the situation in the banking sector, I read, contacted Muttalab as the north's leading and most experienced banker and asked him, who do you think can do the job effectively, and he advised yar'adua that he knew one boy, very brilliant and has a non-nonsense mien, hsi name is Lamido Sanusi. That was how Yar'adua invited SLS and spoke with him and got the job unsolicited.

Still on Farouk, the father had already raised alarm over some extreme religios views of the boy months ago, as reported in this Thisday report:
The older Mutallab was said to be devastated on hearing the news of Abdul Farouk's attempted bombing and arrest. A source close to him said he was surprised that after his reports to the US authorities, the young man was allowed to travel to the United States.

The family home of the Mutallabs in Central London, is currently being searched by men of the Metropolitan Police.
THISDAY checks reveal that the suspect, Abdulfarouk Umar Muttalab who is an engineering student at the University College, London had been noted for his extreme views on religion since his secondary school days at the British International School, Lome, Togo.

At the secondary school, he was known for preaching about Islam to his school mates and he was popularly called “Alfa”, a local coinage for Islamic scholar. After his secondary school, the suspect went to University College London to study engineering and later relocated to Egypt, and then Dubai. While in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, he declared to his family members that he did not want to have anything to do with any of them again.

On Sanusi, I have read much of Sanusi's writings on Islamic issues(many of which I still have on my system as I type now) and know his views and I'm pretty sure he will never approve suicide bombing of any form.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta / Ize-Iyamu Is My Younger Brother, He Respects Me – Gov Obaseki / Ugwuanyi, House Members, State EXCO, Pay Condolence Visit To Ekweremadu’s Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.