Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

How To Witness To A Muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Witness To A Muslim (3549 Views)

"How Should I Witness To A Jew?" / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Witness To A Muslim by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31am On Apr 02, 2017
www.livingwaters.com

How to Witness to a Muslim

Every Muslim's desire is to make it to Heaven and (understandably) avoid the damnation of Hell. To try and achieve salvation they fast, pray, and do religious and other good works. In that respect, a Muslim is no different than the average Christian church-goer who hopes that God will allow him into Heaven because of his good works. And of course, we want to see both Muslims and church-goers make it to Heaven. So how do we talk to a Muslim without making it seem as though we are saying that his is wrong and we are right? I have a few thoughts.

What I'm going to say will at first sound almost blasphemous, but it's not. It is discretion. If I want to awaken someone who is sleeping soundly in a dark room, I wouldn't shine a flashlight in his eyes. That will be offensive. I would use a discrete light-dimmer. We can relate essential biblical truths is a way that doesn't compromise but says the same thing.

Here's goes: 1. I don't tell Muslims that Jesus is God.

2. I don't say that He died "on the cross" or that He is the "Son of God, and

3. ”I don't say, "The Bible says…" Jesus said it's the work of the Father to reveal that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. So let God handle that one. Besides, Muslims think it's blasphemous to say that God had a son. So be gentle, loving, and discrete.

Once the conversation has begun, ask him this very important question:

"If a man has committed very serious crimes (such as rape and murder), and he says that he is sorry and that he won't do it again, will the judge let him go? You want him to understand that no good judge will ever dismiss such a case. He would probably be indignant, and say, 'Of course you should be sorry, and of course you should not do it again.'"

Labour this point, because you are going to come back to it. Have him repeat his answer--that no good judge will dismiss a case just because the criminal says he is sorry and won't do it again. Help him to see that such a thought is ridiculous.

Now take him through the moral Law (the Ten Commandments). Show him that his Creator desires truth in the inwards parts—that God sees his thought-life and He sees lust as adultery (quote the prophet Jesus), and hatred as murder (watch NoahTheMovie.com and other videos to see how this is done). You are aiming (with God's help) to shut him up under the Law. You want to leave him up the river Niagara without a paddle, so that he will see that his salvation has to come from elsewhere. Pray that the Holy Spirit shows him that his sin is very serious in the eyes of a holy God.

Then ask him if he will be innocent or guilty on Judgment Day. Will he go to Heaven or Hell? He will almost certainly say that he will make it to Heaven because is repentant for his sin. He tells the Judge that he is sorry and that he won't do it again.

He reveals that he is trusting alone in repentance for his eternal salvation. That's when you remind him that a good judge would never dismiss a case on those grounds, and neither will God…not in a million years. Justice must be done….and that's why he needs Someone who can wash away his sins. He needs Someone to pay his fine. Thank God He provided a Saviour! The gospel is good news indeed for a works righteous Muslim.

Again, remember to labour your illustration (of being sorry and not committing the crime again) about not being grounds enough to dismiss a case. If you don't labour that point, you will regret it when he tries to cling to repentance as his sole hope of salvation.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 2 April 2014

See other related topics:

https://www.nairaland.com/1876086/arab-secular-woman-speaking-truth

https://www.nairaland.com/3251257/dramatic-construction-muslims-response-reading#47919171

https://www.nairaland.com/3649672/allah-what-origin-belief-allah#54041395

https://www.nairaland.com/2587564/10-things-muslims-dont-want#37836660

https://www.nairaland.com/2419874/comparison-between-jesus-muhammad#35373742

https://www.nairaland.com/3863695/richard-dawkins-reveals-why-islam#57552144

https://www.nairaland.com/3775716/6-big-reasons-why-islam#56141886

https://www.nairaland.com/3965454/quran-affirms-gospels-then-it#59123948

https://www.nairaland.com/4008987/relationship-between-muhammad-satan#59775791

https://www.nairaland.com/4013715/chronology-religion-peace#59841496

https://www.nairaland.com/4029079/satan-delivered-islam-muhammad-following#60071266

https://www.nairaland.com/2342685/prophet-how-islam-created#34179821

https://www.nairaland.com/4047486/september-11-day-infamy-throughout#60352458

https://www.nairaland.com/4016468/islamic-dilemma#59887926

https://www.nairaland.com/3718094/how-witness-muslim#55181646
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by emmayayodeji(m): 7:35am On Apr 02, 2017
Shut up

3 Likes

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by schwarzkopf(m): 7:38am On Apr 02, 2017
Mynd44 Just ban this bigot and let him go fan his ego somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2017
What a wonderful post. I can see the wicked already gnashing up there.

The Quran in no way states that the Bible is corrupt, but Muslims leaders have sold that lie to their followers that the Bible is corrupt so that they won't dare open the book to discover salvation. The ones that do always find it difficult accepting the words therein cos they keep viewing it with an Islamic mindset. That way, when they come across tonnes of verses that opposes islam, they immediately rubbish them as the corrupted part of the Bible. Am still glad that few struggle pass that level and get exposed to the truth that never ever make them look back to islam cos they've been saved by the true Messiah.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by Sunnymatey(m): 7:59am On Apr 02, 2017
Just b4 then, look around to make sure they is know dagger or machet around him.
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 02, 2017
i think the ideal way is to know their book(koran and hadith) so well that one corner such a muslim in any question he/she raises and what he/she doesnt knw.

like true2god, alBHAGDADI, marvisguy and other Christ-believers On Nairaland That Know Their(muslims) Books In And Out.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by analice107: 8:32am On Apr 02, 2017
2kaybiel:
i think the ideal way is to know their book(koran and hadith) so well that one corner such a muslim in any question he/she raises and what he/she doesnt knw.

like true2god, alBHAGDADI, marvisguy and other Christ-believers On Nairaland That Know Their(muslims) Books In And Out.
That is the best way.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by shadeyinka(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2017
emmayayodeji:
Shut up

Why?!
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by shadeyinka(m): 8:39am On Apr 02, 2017
2kaybiel:

True!

You can't witness effectively to a Muslim without knowing what he believes.

The rest is doing your part and praying for them.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by shadeyinka(m): 8:49am On Apr 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Nice Post.

We should also know that it is difficult breaking 20 years of daily indoctrination.

Daily repetition of Islamic chants actually block their power of reason.

I will add the following:
1. Respect their Prophet, the Quran and their Religion
2. Mix logics and scriptures for explaining bible truth
3. Love them. Its not their fault to be Muslims. If you were born in their environment, you'll probably be a Muslim too.
4. Whatever you do, explain How a person can be Born Again

Shalom

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by johntredon: 8:56am On Apr 02, 2017
Christinity and lies is like bread and butter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by haffaze777(m): 9:08am On Apr 02, 2017
I was expecting to see a good point but Wat u put up there is trash.sorry for ur lost op it's not our FOURTH

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by khalling2008: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2017
haffaze777:
I was expecting to see a good point but Wat u put up there is trash.sorry for ur lost op it's not our FOURTH
In fact, when I opened the topic my expectation was that they would show the quranic verses where it mentioned;
1. Jesus was crucified;
2. No christinity no paradise;
3. Jesus is god;
4. Jesus collected tithes and buy private jet
5. That Islam is not the religion

Without seen those I mentionend above in the quran, my friend I will just call lawma to pack your topic to dustpin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 10:27am On Apr 02, 2017
khalling2008:

In fact, when I opened the topic my expectation was that they would show the quranic verses where it mentioned;
1. Jesus was crucified;
3. Jesus is god;

Without seen those I mentionend above in the quran, my friend I will just call lawma to pack your topic to dustpin
Let me address your points.

1. You can't find it in the Quran that Jesus was crucified cos the Quran denies it. That single denial by Allah shows he's a deciever and a failure.

Quran 4:157

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

He's a deceiver in that he said in the Quran that he deceived the people on the day Christ was crucified by taking Jesus up and replacing him with someone else whivh made the crowd think they killed Jim. A true God won't need to deceive but will deliver Jesus right before their eyes and not create any need to replace him with someone else to be crucified.

Secondly, his action of replacing Jesus has led to one of his biggest mistakes today. If he had rescued Jesus with the crowd seeing it, there won't be anything like Christianity today. But the fact that he made the crowd to think the impostor they were killing was Jesus is one big mistake he still hasn't been able to erase till today. That mistake of his led to the biggest religion in the world today, cos Christianity is based on the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

2. You can never find such in the Quran. But is is expressly written in the Bible that you can't make paradise without Yahshua the Messiah.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

3. Once again, the Quran is a book that opposes the Bible that was written centuries before it. So, the Quran can never contain any verse that says Yahshua is God. But which would you rather believe- The Bible book that was written by those who saw Jesus and lived with him, or a Quran that was written 600yrs after and by people whose fore fathers went born yet?

4. What has tithe and jets got to do with this discuss?

5. How can islam be the true way to God when all it is about is terrorism and backwardness with no freedom? The lack of freedom in islam shows that God's spirit is not in it.

2 Corinthians 3:17

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

That's why the entire Islamic world love to subjugate women and behead opposing opinion makers.

Pls, islam is not the way cos Christ is. And you Muslims love to say each prophet were the way for the people of their time. But for mohammad who died centuries ago, you still claim he's the way for we of today. How can a terrorist, murder, pedophile, rapist and liar be the way to God? See what Yahshua the Messiah said below

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

3 Likes

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by haffaze777(m): 11:42am On Apr 02, 2017
khalling2008:

1. Jesus was crucified;
3. Jesus is god;

don't mind those troll,if u see d way am laughing at their mumu for here
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by khalling2008: 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Let me address your points.

1. You can't find it in the Quran that Jesus was crucified cos the Quran denies it. That single denial by Allah shows he's a deciever and a failure.

Quran 4:157

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

He's a deceiver in that he said in the Quran that he deceived the people on the day Christ was crucified by taking Jesus up and replacing him with someone else whivh made the crowd think they killed Jim. A true God won't need to deceive but will deliver Jesus right before their eyes and not create any need to replace him with someone else to be crucified.

Secondly, his action of replacing Jesus has led to one of his biggest mistakes today. If he had rescued Jesus with the crowd seeing it, there won't be anything like Christianity today. But the fact that he made the crowd to think the impostor they were killing was Jesus is one big mistake he still hasn't been able to erase till today. That mistake of his led to the biggest religion in the world today, cos Christianity is based on the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

2. You can never find such in the Quran. But is is expressly written in the Bible that you can't make paradise without Yahshua the Messiah.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

3. Once again, the Quran is a book that opposes the Bible that was written centuries before it. So, the Quran can never contain any verse that says Yahshua is God. But which would you rather believe- The Bible book that was written by those who saw Jesus and lived with him, or a Quran that was written 600yrs after and by people whose fore fathers went born yet?

4. What has tithe and jets got to do with this discuss?

5. How can islam be the true way to God when all it is about is terrorism and backwardness with no freedom? The lack of freedom in islam shows that God's spirit is not in it.

2 Corinthians 3:17

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

That's why the entire Islamic world love to subjugate women and behead opposing opinion makers.

Pls, islam is not the way cos Christ is. And you Muslims love to say each prophet were the way for the people of their time. But for mohammad who died centuries ago, you still claim he's the way for we of today. How can a terrorist, murder, pedophile, rapist and liar be the way to God? See what Yahshua the Messiah said below

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
all these are rubbish, if you cant provide evidence for me from the Quran about those questions I pointed out, Oga go and hug transformer because you don't have a point

In the Quran, Allah made us understand that no Islam no paradise; “…This day have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion…” (Quran 5:3)

Also in another verse;

“If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him.” (Quran 3:85)

if you can bring me same verse in the Bible where your god assured you that no christinity no paradise, in fact I will believe you and follow you to church

7 Likes

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
khalling2008:

all these are rubbish, if you cant provide evidence for me from the Quran about those questions I pointed out, Oga go and hug transformer because you don't have a point

In the Quran, Allah made us understand that no Islam no paradise; “…This day have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion…” (Quran 5:3)

Also in another verse;

“If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him.” (Quran 3:85)

if you can bring me same verse in the Bible where your god assured you that no christinity no paradise, in fact I will believe you and follow you to church
It is written in the bible that believe in Jesus Christ leads to eternal life. But you Muslims reject the word of God cos God calls Jesus His son, a thing Allah can't wrap his head around.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Islam is a liar to have preached that Jesus was not killed nor resurrected. Islam preaches another Jesus, and below is how the Bible has judged islam.

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

2 Corinthians 11:4

For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by Auki: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
Will you reject pure monotheism for polytheism? Will a loving and merciful God refuse to accept sorry for a sin mistakenly committed by His creation?

Islam preaches mankind to surrender to One God only. Muslim rejects worshipping of any created being like Jesus, Stone, Marry e.t.c.

To God that created me, any body that worship Jesus, idols, Marry, Personal desire will be the greatest loser before our Lord.

4 Likes

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by khalling2008: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

It is written in the bible that believe in Jesus Christ leads to eternal life. But you Muslims reject the word of God cos God calls Jesus His son, a thing Allah can't wrap his head around.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Islam is a liar to have preached that Jesus was not killed nor resurrected. Islam preaches another Jesus, and below is how the Bible has judged islam.

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

2 Corinthians 11:4

For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.
Mr man,you are still repeating the same thing, I asked you to give me Bible verses where your god promised you that if you do Christian as a religion,you will enter paradise, I mean where the word "CHRISTIANITY" appear in the bible verses.

let me give you one verses where your Bible said your god, Jesus Christ will enter hell fire according to the bible not according to the Quran;

Matthew 5:22: 
"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire."

N:B- Jesus said whoever says "you fool" will go to hell fire

Now let go to where Jesus called people a fool; 

Luke 11:39-40

39 Then the Lord said to him, “Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 
40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Question; according to the bible, where Jesus will enter?

5 Likes

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
khalling2008:

Mr man,you are still repeating the same thing, I asked you to give me Bible verses where your god promised you that if you do Christian as a religion,you will enter paradise, I mean where the word "CHRISTIANITY" appear in the bible verses.

let me give you one verses where your Bible said your god, Jesus Christ will enter hell fire according to the bible not according to the Quran;

Matthew 5:22: 
"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire."

39 Then the Lord said to him, “Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 
40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Question; according to the bible, where Jesus will enter?
Na wah for you o. Did you go to school at all?

You can't find it expressly written that you can only enter heaven if you are a Christian. But you can find verses that speak louder in that manner. Check the below verse

Jesus says he's the way to where God is.
Jesus says he's the truth you need.
Jesus says he's the life you need to live forever.

He also said you can't come to the Father or heaven except Through him, not through Mohammad or islam.

The above verse and write up shows you that Christianity is the way to heaven, God and everlasting life cos Christianity is a belief in Jesus.

You lack understanding for saying Jesus will go to hell for using the statement "you foolish people". Read the verse again and tell me if what the Pharisees were doing is not something foolish. To you, it means Jesus sinned, whereas your Quran said he was sinless. That means the Quran LIED. grin
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Auki:
Will you reject pure monotheism for polytheism? Will a loving and merciful God refuse to accept sorry for a sin mistakenly committed by His creation?

Islam preaches mankind to surrender to One God only. Muslim rejects worshipping of any created being like Jesus, Stone, Marry e.t.c.

To God that created me, any body that worship Jesus, idols, Marry, Personal desire will be the greatest loser before our Lord.
I have 2 questions for you, but I will be providing the answers cos i already know how your Muslim mind works.

1. Do you believe there's nothing Impossible before God Almighty?

Answer: Yes

2. Do you believe He can come to earth in human form?

Answer: No

If your answer to the 2nd question is NO, then it means there is something impossible for God to do.
That shows you that Muslims have limited God's power. Perhaps, their Allah is the one with impossibilities

But I thank YAHWEH cos there is nothing impossible for him to do.
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by khalling2008: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
You can't find it expressly written that you can only enter heaven if you are a Christian. [/quote]

[it means that your god don't recognise the meaning of Christianity because during the Jesus Christ and his disciples there is nothing like Christianity. they asked Jesus in the bible that what should I do to gain kingdom of god, Jesus answered that if you want to gain the kingdom of god, keep to the commandment of god
my question for you now is that what are the commandment of god which Jesus asked to keep? ]
alBHAGDADI:

Jesus says he's the way to where God is.
Jesus says he's the truth you need.
Jesus says he's the life you need to live forever.

He also said you can't come to the Father or heaven except Through him, not through Mohammad or islam.

The above verse and write up shows you that Christianity is the way to heaven, God and everlasting life cos Christianity is a belief in Jesus.

[Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
He is the way to God. Every Prophet during his time was the way to God. At the time of Moses he was the way to God. The Children of Israel chose another way through golden calf, it wasn’t accepted from them. At the time of Noah he was the way to God. If you had to get saves, just get into the ark, that’s all ! At the time of Jesus he was the way to God. But today, it’s the time of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), he is the way to Almighty God.]
alBHAGDADI:
You lack understanding for saying Jesus will go to hell for using the statement "you foolish people". Read the verse again and tell me if what the Pharisees were doing is not something foolish. To you, it means Jesus sinned, whereas your Quran said he was sinless. That means the Quran LIED. grin
Mr man go back and re-read my comment, I said according to your Bible Jesus Christ will enter hell fire, Quran will never never say that rubbish bcoz it revealed from God while your said in Matthew 5:22:
"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire."
40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

6 Likes

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
Appropriate title for the thread: How To Lie to Muslim by Misrepresenting Christianity..

Though the op is a known pathological liar

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
khalling2008:
[b

[it means that your god don't recognise the meaning of Christianity because during the Jesus Christ and his disciples there is nothing like Christianity. they asked Jesus in the bible that what should I do to gain kingdom of god, Jesus answered that if you want to gain the kingdom of god, keep to the commandment of god
my question for you now is that what are the commandment of god which Jesus asked to keep?
Nice question. Before I answer, I'll like to quote the verses first.

Mathew 19:16 & 18 19

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"

Jesus answered him by telling him to obey the commandments which he kissed below.

18 "Which ones?" he inquired. Jesus replied, "'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony,

19 honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

How can islam be the way to God when islam tells people to break the commandments of God?

1. The Quran tells Muslims to murder infidels and anyone who leaves Islam. THIS IS AGAINST GOD'S COMMANDMENT.

2. islam permits adultery by telling Muslims to have sex slaves. Mohammad had sex slaves too.

3. Muslims are ready to dishonor their father and mother by killing them the moment they leave Islam.

4. Muslims don't love their neighbor like Christians and Jews cos the Quran uran tells them to be harsh to the unbelievers.

So you see, islam can never be the way to God

khalling2008:

[Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
He is the way to God. Every Prophet during his time was the way to God. At the time of Moses he was the way to God. The Children of Israel chose another way through golden calf, it wasn’t accepted from them. At the time of Noah he was the way to God. If you had to get saves, just get into the ark, that’s all ! At the time of Jesus he was the way to God. But today, it’s the time of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), he is the way to Almighty God.
All those other prophets are dead just like Mohammad. How come a dead man is still posing as the way I need to follow to God? grin I'll rather follow the one who died and resurrected.

khalling2008:

Mr man go back and re-read my comment, I said according to your Bible Jesus Christ will enter hell fire, Quran will never never say that rubbish bcoz it revealed from God while your said in Matthew 5:22:
"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever Insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire."
40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?
Don't you still understand? You can't call someone fool for no real reason. You are only liable to face judgment if you call someone fool without the person doing anything foolish to deserve such word. The reason why you will go to hell because of that is cos you've made false statement. But check the part where Jesus called those Pharisees fools, you'll see that they were doing something foolish and so deserved the title. Had it been they weren't doing anything foolish and he went ahead to call them fools, then your judgment would have made sense. Pls, remove the Islamic veil from your eyes and read to understand. You need to understand the usage of the word LIABLE in the verse you quoted. It means if you get angry at your brother or insulted him, you will have to face judgment to explain why you were angry at him or insulted him. If you had no just reason, then you will have to face punishment. Likewise if you call someone a fool, you will end up in hell if you gave judgment and unable to give a just reason for that.
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by petra1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
www.livingwaters.com

How to Witness to a Muslim

Every Muslim's desire is to make it to Heaven and (understandably) avoid the damnation of Hell. To try and achieve salvation they fast, pray, and do religious and other good works. In that respect, a Muslim is no different than the average Christian church-goer who hopes that God will allow him into Heaven because of his good works. And of course, we want to see both Muslims and church-goers make it to Heaven. So how do we talk to a Muslim without making it seem as though we are saying that his is wrong and we are right? I have a few thoughts.

What I'm going to say will at first sound almost blasphemous, but it's not. It is discretion. If I want to awaken someone who is sleeping soundly in a dark room, I wouldn't shine a flashlight in his eyes. That will be offensive. I would use a discrete light-dimmer. We can relate essential biblical truths is a way that doesn't compromise but says the same thing.

Here's goes: 1. I don't tell Muslims that Jesus is God.

2. I don't say that He died "on the cross" or that He is the "Son of God, and

3. ”I don't say, "The Bible says…" Jesus said it's the work of the Father to reveal that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. So let God handle that one. Besides, Muslims think it's blasphemous to say that God had a son. So be gentle, loving, and discrete.

Once the conversation has begun, ask him this very important question:

Made some point though. I once battles with a Muslim girl who was brought for prayers over a demonic torment . And I said to her that she must receive jesus as lord first if not there's no point casting the demon out. Because it will come back . She said she believed in Jesus as savior but not as God . I explained and explained and began to get offended that she's proud . She needed the miracle and won't submit to solution . I eventually allow her to go without prayer thinking she will reconsider and come back. She hasn't till today. I was wondering if I missed God there. Maybe I should have just prayed . But conviction is the work of God. I can't force belief on a person
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by MuttleyLaff: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
petra1:
Made some point though.
I once battled with a Muslim girl who was brought for prayers over a demonic torment.
And I said to her that she must receive Jesus as lord first if not there's no point casting the demon out
No one has to receive receive Jesus as Lord first before demon can be cast out from them

petra1:
Because it will come back
This excuse, is not good enough

petra1:
She said she believed in Jesus as savior
Belief in Jesus as savior or not, is not a prerequisite to cast out demons
because a simple Matthew 9:28 or Mark 9:23-24 kind of belief will do

petra1:
but not as God
After first casting out the demon, that's when you would have crossed the proverbial bridge
then now be able to table the matter of Jesus being God the Son and then amicably resolve or settle it with her

petra1:
I explained and explained and began to get offended that she's proud.
She needed the miracle and won't submit to solution
And these signs shall follow them that believe;
In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues

- Mark 16:17

"Many will say to Me on that day,
'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,
and in Your name cast out demons,
and in Your name perform many miracles?'

- Matthew 7:22

Unfortunately, the reality is that we have some folks who are in the Mark 16:17 camp & have some other folks in a Matthew 7:22 camp
Want to believe, you obviously operate in the former camp (i.e. Mark 16:17)
so why hesitation & unwillingness at providing the Muslim girl with the deliverance & solution to her demonic possession

petra1:
I eventually allow her to go without prayer thinking she will reconsider and come back.
She hasn't till today
Mark 16:17 states that casting out demons are signs that follow
Have you noticed that when inter-city travelling driving on a motorway, the driver follows destination city signs
Conventionally, people usually follow signs to get to one place from another place
People follow signs and not signs following people
but here in a biblical speaking manner,
the bible in Mark 16:17 states that ''casting out demons'' are signs that follow a believer

So Mark 16:17 signifies that,
believers, if confident and up for it, are endowed with the gift and power, to use in Jesus' name and authority, for casting out demons
so again, I am still wondering, why did you balk at providing the Muslim girl with the deliverance & solution to her demonic possession
when a simple Matthew 9:28 or Mark 9:23-24 kind of will have been enough to give the solution
and especially when the Muslim girl already had the belief that Jesus can do it

petra1:
I was wondering if I missed God there.
Maybe I should have just prayed.
But conviction is the work of God. I can't force belief on a person
Yes, you missed an opportunity to do something, on behalf of God, for the Muslim girl
It is after the deliverance of catching the fish, that when descaling starts
- no one starts descaling a fish, to clean it, before it is first caught
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by khalling2008: 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Nice question. Before I answer, I'll like to quote the verses first.

Mathew 19:16 & 18 19

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"

Jesus answered him by telling him to obey the commandments which he kissed below.

18 "Which ones?" he inquired. Jesus replied, "'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony,

19 honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

How can islam be the way to God when islam tells people to break the commandments of God?

Also in Matthew 5:17-20

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Jesus taught salvation is attained by keeping the commandments, physical prayer, fasting, and observing the Law of Moses.

Are u fulfill the law or law of other prophet?

alBHAGDADI:

1. The Quran tells Muslims to murder infidels and anyone who leaves Islam. THIS IS AGAINST GOD'S COMMANDMENT.

“Whoever kills a person [innocent person]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

If Quran permit to kill the unbeliever, am very sure no one will still remain on surface of the earth

Let use Nigerian as a case study; there are millions of Muslim in south west and if Quran permit us to kill the unbeliever, am very sure no Christian will still remain;
Also in the northern part of the country where bokoharam are terrorising the people, if all Muslim's are terrorists according to anti-islam, no unbeliever will still remain there;
Go to Dubai, Oman, Saudi Arabia, there are many unbeliever there and am very sure if Muslim's are terrorise, no one will go there for job.

If you see some policemen who are thieves, you can't use it to generalize it that all police are thieves;
If you see some doctors who are killers, you can't use it to generalize it that all doctors are criminals

Unlike bible

Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were
alBHAGDADI:

2. islam permits adultery by telling Muslims to have sex slaves. Mohammad had sex slaves too.

3. Muslims are ready to dishonor their father and mother by killing them the moment they leave Islam.

4. Muslims don't love their neighbor like Christians and Jews cos the Quran uran tells them to be harsh to the unbelievers.

Adultery in Quran

Quran 17:32; And do not approach unlawful sexual intercourse. Indeed, it is ever an immorality and is evil as a way.

Unlike in the bible;

Numbers 31: 17-18
17. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Do good to parent in Quran

Surat Al-Isra 17:23-24
Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and be good to your parents. Whether one or both of them reach old age with you, do not say to them a word of annoyance and do not repel them but rather speak to them a noble word. Lower to them the wing of humility for them out of mercy and say: My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up when I was small.

Allah has commanded the good treatment of neighbours in the Qur'an:

{Worship Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good - to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the Companion by your side, the wayfarer [you meet], and what your right hands possess...} (Qur'an 4:36)

4 Likes

Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by heftycul: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
they are DEAF, DUMB and BLIND so, they will not turn back ISLAM IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by GoodMuyis(m): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2017
The book Ishmael My Brother is a good read
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 11:52am On Apr 03, 2017
khalling2008:
Also in Matthew 5:17-20

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Jesus taught salvation is attained by keeping the commandments, physical prayer, fasting, and observing the Law of Moses.
You read but do not understand. Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the Law and the prophets but to fulfil them.

The law: he fulfilled it by being sinless.

The prophets: he came to fulfil their prophecies about him. The verse didnt in any way say he came to stamp the law as the way to follow forever. Mind you, the law was for the nation of ISRAEL alone and not for the rest of the world.

khalling2008:

Are u fulfill the law or law of other prophet?

“Whoever kills a person [innocent person]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

If Quran permit to kill the unbeliever, am very sure no one will still remain on surface of the earth
Allah is a joke to have said below that Muslims should kill the unbelievers below. He has double mouth. grin

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
khalling2008:

Let use Nigerian as a case study; there are millions of Muslim in south west and if Quran permit us to kill the unbeliever, am very sure no Christian will still remain;
Also in the northern part of the country where bokoharam are terrorising the people, if all Muslim's are terrorists according to anti-islam, no unbeliever will still remain there;
Go to Dubai, Oman, Saudi Arabia, there are many unbeliever there and am very sure if Muslim's are terrorise, no one will go there for job.

Muslims in southwest are not really Muslims cos they've been exposed to education and too much civilisation to be fooled to kill their neighbors. That's why northerners don't go sided them as true Muslims. But check the North and see the way they kill Christians, from southern kaduna to Minna, Taraba, sokoto etc. They have brought their stupidity down south on the guise of Fulani herdsmen.

Pls, remove Saudi Arabia from that list. Add it to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Egypt, Iran Lebanon, Indonesia etc. All those countries make life difficult for non-believers.
khalling2008:

If you see some policemen who are thieves, you can't use it to generalize it that all police are thieves;
If you see some doctors who are killers, you can't use it to generalize it that all doctors are criminals
Police and doctors have their principle which shuns against. corruption. Any of them that goes against that should be blamed, not all of them.

But the principle of Islam is that Muslims should be harsh to the unbelievers but merciful to one another.

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are harsh against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves… (48:29 )
khalling2008:

Unlike bible

Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were
[/quote]That was a parable. Abi you no go school?

khalling2008:

Adultery in Quran

Quran 17:32; And do not approach unlawful sexual intercourse. Indeed, it is ever an immorality and is evil as a way.
But Mohammad killed a Jewish woman's husband and father then had sex with her that same day.

It seems Mohammad sinned. grin

khalling2008:

Unlike in the bible;

Numbers 31: 17-18
17. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."
First verse was for Israel. Second is wrongly quoted and not applicable to this discuss

khalling2008:

Do good to parent in Quran

Surat Al-Isra 17:23-24
Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and be good to your parents. Whether one or both of them reach old age with you, do not say to them a word of annoyance and do not repel them but rather speak to them a noble word. Lower to them the wing of humility for them out of mercy and say: My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up when I was small.
But the moment your father or mother leaves Islam, Allah orders you to disrespect them by killing them. Na wah o

khalling2008:

Allah has commanded the good treatment of neighbours in the Qur'an:

{Worship Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good - to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the Companion by your side, the wayfarer [you meet], and what your right hands possess...} (Qur'an 4:36)
Like I said earlier, Allah has double mouth. Below, he said muslims should be harsh to their unbelieving neighbors

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are harsh against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves… (48:29 )
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by khalling2008: 2:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

You read but do not understand. Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the Law and the prophets but to fulfil them.

The law: he fulfilled it by being sinless.

The prophets: he came to fulfil their prophecies about him. The verse didnt in any way say he came to stamp the law as the way to follow forever. Mind you, the law was for the nation of ISRAEL alone and not for the rest of the world.

you said the law was for the nation of Israel
My question is what is your business with the Jesus when he said; Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Jesus Only For Jews:
Matthew 15:22-24
"And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

Matthew 10:5-6
"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".]
alBHAGDADI:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

The historical context for the above passages (Quran 8:12 and 8:15) is that it was revealed at the battle of Badr. A battle in which the disbelievers (Pagans) of Makkah travelled 100s of miles to kill Muslims in Madinah. The pagans had 1000 soldiers, while the Muslims all they could gather to fight back in defence, had only 300 soldiers. Even though Prophet Muhammad (p) had left Makkah to find peace for its community without being persecuted, oppressed, they once again were trying to terrorize the Muslim community. To understand the verses,read from Q. 8:9 to 8:19,

If you read it and understand it, fine. I know that you people have been brainwashed with that verses
alBHAGDADI:

(Qur'an 4:36)Like I said earlier, Allah has double mouth. Below, he said muslims should be harsh to their unbelieving neighbors

in the bible also;
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.
Re: How To Witness To A Muslim by alBHAGDADI: 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
khalling2008:
you said the law was for the nation of Israel
My question is what is your business with the Jesus when he said; Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Jesus Only For Jews:
Matthew 15:22-24
"And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

Matthew 10:5-6
"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".]The historical context for the above passages (Quran 8:12 and 8:15) is that it was revealed at the battle of Badr. A battle in which the disbelievers (Pagans) of Makkah travelled 100s of miles to kill Muslims in Madinah. The pagans had 1000 soldiers, while the Muslims all they could gather to fight back in defence, had only 300 soldiers. Even though Prophet Muhammad (p) had left Makkah to find peace for its community without being persecuted, oppressed, they once again were trying to terrorize the Muslim community. To understand the verses,read from Q. 8:9 to 8:19,

If you read it and understand it, fine. I know that you people have been brainwashed with that verses
in the bible also;
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.
Do you know why I won't address your post? Not just because you quote the scriptures wrongly, but because you intentionally removed the parts of my earlier posts that you couldn't address cos they were pointing out the glaring falsehood of Islam. I can't continue to exchange argument with you when all you ever do is delete parts of my posts that prove how much of a lie islam is without accepting that fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does "In The Name Of Jesus" Really Work? / My Thoughts On Religion I / Prophet TB Joshua Releases Strong Prophecy On Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.