Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? (6085 Views)

5 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Web Host Company / Can I Pay For Foreign Host With Gt Mastercard? / Can I Pay Monthly In Foreign Host (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by wizkidblogger(f): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2017
foreign for big projects and local for small projects...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by satchinonso(m): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2017
Compare both and my Candide advice are
1 what are you hosting.
Is it a entrepreneur idea potential money machine.
2 is it going to store sensitive information in the database.
Information like credit card number or personnel records.
3 prototypes for projected structures.
Blueprints for new products.
Anything very important.

Please just go for foreign reliable hosting company.

Please remember to go for hosting company with customized SSL configuration. Or ssh access.
And also remember to encrypt your form data using java objects not JavaScript.
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by NetBizguy: 8:24am On Apr 03, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:
does anyone in the house use bluehost company to host their wordpress blog? I want to register my wordpress with bluehost but I'm a bit confused. Does the payment for hosting also cover dormain name, or would you pay for domain name separately? what is their method of payment? And what is the difference between hosting on bluehost and paying for one of the plans offered on WordPress? Thanks

I think bluehost is a sister company to Justhost, I have been using justhost for over seven years now without problem, domain name and hosting are two different things, but what I know about their offer is free domain name registration for the first year, but subsequently you have to renew your domain, you can host multiple domain names in one hosting account and they provide easy WordPress installation, since the ban on international payment with naira mastercard I haven't renewed my hosting because I have five years hosting plan with them and I register my domain here in Nigeria with Upperlinks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by MisterGrace: 8:29am On Apr 03, 2017
sleeknick:
I have a word press blog that i want to turn to a .com domain name. I have already registered and bought the domain name on go daddy. My poblem is, how do i link it with my WordPress account to replace the .?

And also how do i create a domain email. I'm confused.

You can go to your control panel, click on emails and create one.

For your domain name: request for domain name transfer, change your dns settings and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by shegxzyl: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2017
Foreign Hosts for sure.

Even what we term Local Hosting companies are re-sellers of the foreign hosts but with limited capabilities.

A foreign host will allow you change your nameservers, lets you transfer domain etc while local Nigerian hosts hardly do it.
These days VPS are getting cheaper than Shared hosting but you should have DevOps skills to try VPS out.

You're entitled to $100/month on your GT Naira MasterCard. That's enough to pay for hosting na. You even have the option of paying monthly.
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by AreaFada2: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2017
Buy 9ja to grow the Naira.

Never mind those treating anaemia in "Rondon". cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:13am On Apr 03, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:
does anyone in the house use bluehost company to host their wordpress blog? I want to register my wordpress with bluehost but I'm a bit confused. Does the payment for hosting also cover dormain name, or would you pay for domain name separately? what is their method of payment? And what is the difference between hosting on bluehost and paying for one of the plans offered on WordPress? Thanks
don't host with bluehost. I hosted a website with them last week and they disabled my account after 2 days, asking me to send some documents for verification. I've sent the documents and until now they've not re-enabled my account and my client who owns the website I hosted on the account has been on my neck

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by yaksdavirus: 9:19am On Apr 03, 2017
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by jonnyboy4u: 9:46am On Apr 03, 2017
I use QServers.net as they are the best hosting company in Nigeria.... no BS.

Support is great and their uptime is awesome, my clients don't complain and I love that.

I can testify to their services.
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by jamih: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2017
MisterGrace:

For your domain name: request for domain name transfer, change your dns settings and you are good to go.

interesting
can you shed more light on this, is it that , you transfer your .WordPress domain name to godaddy and then change the name server to ns1. or DNS

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by sleeknick: 10:44am On Apr 03, 2017
MisterGrace:

Thanks bro. I still have some questions.

What is dns and how and where do i change it.
Where do i request domain transfer from? Godaddy or wordpress?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 03, 2017
foreign - godaddy .com or name .com
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by dwebwalker(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2017
Visit www.eclubhost.com you get to host on different country platform... With USA - UK and India...
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by wizedomain(m): 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
sleeknick:
I have a word press blog that i want to turn to a .com domain name. I have already registered and bought the domain name on go daddy. My poblem is, how do i link it with my WordPress account to replace the .?

And also how do i create a domain email. I'm confused.

you need to change the server name via its settings. Any problem message me
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by donblade85555(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Efewestern:
we have trashed this issue several times.

First of all put it in the back of your mind that 99.9% of all hosting company in Nigeria are reseller hosting, And believe me Nigeria hosting is the least hosting am gonna consider, still haven't forgotten what smartweb did me.

Although Nigeria hosting is cheap and affordable, I prefer using foreign hosting, for safety and reliability. grin

I can't sacrifice my business on the alter of patriotism.
guy, can I pay monthly when using a foreign host?
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by donblade85555(m): 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
NubiLove:
foreign - godaddy .com or name .com
can I pay for a hosting plan monthly with foreign host?
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2017
ok... i get it. Godaddy allows monthly hosting plan.... I dont know of Name . com

donblade85555:
can I pay for a hosting plan monthly with foreign host?
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by Efewestern: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2017
donblade85555:
guy, can I pay monthly when using a foreign host?

yes.. all host accept monthly payment
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by noob03saibot(m): 4:49am On Sep 26, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

don't host with bluehost. I hosted a website with them last week and they disabled my account after 2 days, asking me to send some documents for verification. I've sent the documents and until now they've not re-enabled my account and my client who owns the website I hosted on the account has been on my neck
please what webhost can you kindly recommend?
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by clays: 9:19am On Sep 26, 2019
Foreign hosts all the way
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
noob03saibot:
I currently use namecheap
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by noob03saibot(m): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

I currently use namecheap
OK, thanks but got some quick questions I want to ask : 1. Are you using name cheap for both domain and web hosting? 2. Please what type of card works for payment on it, uba africard? Gt naira card? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by ecafehosting(m): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
noob03saibot:

e-Cafe Hosting Limited is offering her Bronze Plan which cost N3,500/year for N2,000/year only. This plan comes with 5GB Disk Space, 50GB Premium Bandwidth, Free SSL Certificate, Free .com.ng Domain and much more

We are providing free seo features, free domain registration, free migration, 24/7 robust support and weekly offside backup solution. We are offering SSD drives In all the plans we have. Faster SSD drives reduce the site loading speed tremendously.

Use this coupon Code at view page to get this offer: ECB2000 Order Link: https://www.ecafehosting.com/sharedhosting

We will refund you if we didn't meet up with our 99.9% Uptime.

Official Website: https://www.ecafebusiness.com

WhatsApp: 08032217036

Drop a comment for inquiry and questions, we will gladly attend to it.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2019
noob03saibot:
OK, thanks but got some quick questions I want to ask : 1. Are you using name cheap for both domain and web hosting? 2. Please what type of card works for payment on it, uba africard? Gt naira card? Thanks
I use namecheap for both hosting and domain.
I pay with my Access Bank visa card
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by noob03saibot(m): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

thanks for the response sir.
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by noob03saibot(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

thanks for the response sir
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
noob03saibot:
thanks for the response sir
you're very welcome
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by noob03saibot(m): 3:49am On Oct 05, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

please, I got some more questions. The access bank visa card, is it a prepaid card? If it is, please how does one load it? And also, do I have to open an account with access bank to enable me use it? And how much will it cost me to get this card? Am sorry the questions are abit many. Plan on getting it soon.
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2019
noob03saibot:
please, I got some more questions. The access bank visa card, is it a prepaid card? If it is, please how does one load it? And also, do I have to open an account with access bank to enable me use it? And how much will it cost me to get this card? Am sorry the questions are abit many. Plan on getting it soon.
the normal debit card attached to my bank. it's not any special card
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by noob03saibot(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

the normal debit card attached to my bank. it's not any special card
meaning, I must have an account with access in other to get the card?
Re: Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? by hostkobo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
tolajay:
Need Your Thoughts/Advice.

I am about hosting some domains, but contemplating whether or not to choose a Nigerian hosting company.

My experience with some Nigerian hosting company is that they are unstable, unpredictable and all that.

For the foreign platforms, I can trust a couple of them but for the ever flunctuating rate of the dollar.

What do you advice?

I'm a seasoned techie, I run my own servers, provide domain and hosting services, babysit my customers websites while they focus on their content.

As a customer, you can pay in Naira at a pretty affordable rate.

I provide premium support for my clients. Hit me up via my details in my signature, I'll get you online and would even help you learn the ropes, technically speaking.

Regards
HK

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Can Stop My Time From Counting In Cyber Cafe / How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland / Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.