Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

My Love Convenant With A Mami Water - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Love Convenant With A Mami Water (4475 Views)

'From Mami Market During NYSC To The Altar' - Lady Shares Her Love Story. Photos / What Do You Know About Mami-water (mermaid) / My Encounter With Mami-water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
My life was a very simple life…. Everything was in modesty and I was contented. I was a driver in Thompson And Grace Investments Limited, an oil and gas company in Eket, Akwa Ibom state. Earning about N40,000 a month and a little more than that if you consider the tips I get here and there most times.

Everybody liked me or maybe it was pity they felt for me considering the fact that I was a graduate, fluent in English and polished in character, but underemployed probably because I was not indigenous to the Niger Deltan States. Sometimes I get lots of gifts, cash inclusive from just going on simple errands. I looked and dressed good too. Amongst my colleagues (Drivers) I stood out in appearance and articulation. This made me to become a center of envy among them. But I still remained my humble self, guided by integrity and decorum.

Within 3 months of working, I was able to move out from my single room which I rented after my NYSC program, to a self-contained apartment. I was also able to furnish it to my very own taste. I had a satellite TV, microwave oven, washing machine and a host of other cool stuffs. I was the only driver entrusted to take the companies vehicle home on weekdays and sometimes on weekends. Life was good to me.

A man isn't yet complete without someone to love…. There was love in the air, nothing too concrete though, just a little kick start. Her name was Rita Effiong. She was in Admin department at the company I worked. Sometimes she brings home made meals for me at the office, specially packed. She was a good cook and she was fond of me. I liked her too but we were never intimate…not yet.

Around 4:30pm one Thursday, my boss decided to leave work for home early, so I had to drive him home. His home was about 15 minutes drive from the office. The sky was threatening and I had to hasten my driving cause there was no umbrella in the car. While I was driving, I noticed a lady waiting by the road side, she wore a white long gown and had a luggage beside her. I felt so sorry for her, but there was no way on earth I could have picked her while my boss was in the car.

I reached his home and he highlighted. He then said. "Jonny boy!! Why don't you come have supper with us?"
I said. "So grateful sir, but no sir. I don't want to drive in the rain."
He then said. "Okay, Jonny. You will come pick me up tomorrow the usual time."
Then I left.

As I was driving back to work to get some of my things, I came across the lady, whom I saw earlier. I decided to stop, in order to help her. So I parked away from the road just beside her, I then came down and went to meet her. I said to her. "Hello, my name is John and I believe you are stranded."
She looked a bit relaxed and said. "No. I am fine. I am only waiting here for someone. I will be okay."
I then said. "Please, the sky is heavy with rain, there will be a down pour any moment and I wont forgive myself if you end up in the rain. Please you need to know, I am only trying to be of help"

After much persuasion she then decided to enter the car, so I led her to the back seat and placed her luggage in the boot. As soon as she was seated in the car the rain started to pour.
I asked her. "Sorry, may I know your name?"
She answered. "My name is Amanda."
I then asked. "Amanda where are you heading to?"
She replied. "I am going to Kwa Ibo."

I pondered…. cause I have never heard of that place before. So I quickly went through an app on my phone: GPS driving route, so I could locate it. I then saw that it was about 22km from where we were. So we headed to Kwa Ibo. We journeyed for about 30 minutes until we got to the town. It was a quiet coastal town and the moment we entered the town, the rain stopped falling.

I dropped her off, got her luggage out and wished her well. She smiled at me and said. "Thank you so much John. I truly appreciate your kindness."
I said to her. "It's okay Amanda, I am glad you are safe at your destination. You take care of your self bye."
She then said. "It is well with you. Bye John."
I stood for a while, looking at her and admiring her beauty. Then I entered the car and zoomed off. It was dark and I decided to head straight to my apartment, there was no way I could go back to the office to pick up my things

As I got home, I helped myself with dinner, took a shower and headed straight to bed. That night, I had an unusual dream. Normally I hardly remember my dreams, but this one was quite peculiar. I bumped into a pretty damsel, she was so beautiful that I could term her angelic in appearance. She said to me. "Come with me."
Like I had an option? I followed her and we headed to a beautiful garden, in form of a court. In the middle of the garden there was a table and 2 chairs. We both sat and ate a variety of fruits. That was all I could remember, then I woke up the following morning and had to prepare for the day.

While I was cleaning the car, I realized there was a trinket on the back seat, it looked more like a tree made up of bronze or gold with a precious stone on it. I knew someone must have left it behind, but I didn't know who. My options were either my Boss or Amanda. I was in a dilemma, I couldn't ask my boss, because if it's not his, then I am in trouble. I am not allowed to carry any unassigned person in the company vehicle.

I placed the trinket on the dashboard in the car hoping that when my boss sees it he would claim it, That is if it belongs to him. When I got to his place to pick him up, he sighted the trinket and said. "Jonny boy!! That stuff looks girlie, what are you doing with it?"
I just laughed, and drove straight to work, knowing fully well that the trinket didn't belong to him.

On getting to the office premises, still in the car, my boss called my attention and as I turned to reach out to him, he counted N15,000 and handed it over to me. I then said. "Sir, what for Sir?"
He laughed and said. "Use it to by yourself lunch."

My boss had never given me such an amount before. I just assumed he was in a good mood. I then had to go to the office to get some of my things. Then I bumped into the chairman of the company. I have never met him one on one before, I only used to see his picture frame on the walls of the building. He caught my glimpse and said. "Young man come here."
I went towards him and said. "Good morning Sir."
He answered. "Good morning. What a good looking man. I never knew I had such a good looking man working for me here. What position do you hold.?"
I said to him. "I am a driver Sir."
He then said. "WHAT!!" As he took off his glasses and narrowed his eyes on me. "You mean you are a driver? Are you a graduate?"
I said to him. "Yes Sir, I am a graduate. I have a B.Sc. in Business Administration. I finished with a two one."
He then asked. "What state are you from?"
I answered him. "Kogi state Sir."
He said. "See me in my office in 30 minutes."

Rita then came to me and said. "John, today might be your lucky day." I just didn't understand what was going on in my life. First thing, I got a N15,000 tip from my boss and next thing my chairman wants to see me…. I was beginning to feel lucky.

30 minutes later, I went to see the chairman. He said. "Have a seat John."
I sat down with so much anxiety.

He took his time perusing some documents and after a minute he focused on me and said. "I am so sorry that you were underemployed. I had know idea about it. I really feel I should make it up to you. From your documents here, you are known for honesty and integrity. I think it's time we put good use of your qualifications and your character for our benefit."

I was shocked beyond expression. I then said. "Sir, I don't get you Sir."
He laughed and said to me. "Young man, I just feel you deserve a lot better. Would you mind if you are responsible in consolidating our sales operation in oil and gas? We had a little problem with the young man in charge and we need a replacement. Are you in?"

For a moment, it felt like a dream. But I was very aware of my environment and in tune with my senses. So I knew it was real. I then said. "Sir, I am ready to serve and I am more than willing to work with you to the best of my ability."
He said. "That's good, I am very glad you accepted the offer. The other guy, because he is from here, looted and when he was tired of looting he fled to the UK, that was just last week. So John, you need to prove yourself worthy for the task."
I then said. "Sir, I will not disappoint. I give you my word. So Sir when do I begin."
He then said. "Your work starts now. By Sunday, you should be able to move into your new quarters. It's a 3 bedroom flat fully furnished, you just need your clothes. My driver will take you to your point of duty now and there you will be briefed further on your package."

I didn't know whether to prostrate or give the chairman a hand shake, I just stood up and thanked him dearly. Next thing, the driver came in and we both left. On getting to my new office, it was a duplex and my office was on the ground floor. My new subordinates came in to meet me, they looked really obese and lazy, I knew they grew fat on "chopping money" So I had to dismiss them from their duties. I fired them and made sure they were paid their salaries in full. I then hired contract staffs, to takeover from them.

http://www.browngarri.com/my-love-covenant-with-a-mermaid/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by ITbomb(m): 4:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Sorry my fellow la click la bend crew, I have to click this one, the tori make sense
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by chieveboy(m): 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
Well....am a reader

Not a bad story!
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Splinz(m): 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
Mention me when you write the part three of it. Nice work of fiction. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by KennyID17(m): 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
ITbomb:
Sorry my fellow la click la bend crew, I have to click this one, the tori make sense

As in, I don't usually clink on external links, but this one is just too good to resist cheesy

Op, pls make sure u tag me when u finish d part 3. Great piece i must say smiley
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Divay22(f): 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
I'm just too lazy to read this one.. sad angry angry angry
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
ITbomb:

Make me sef apologize, e mabinu beht this story is bam. grin tongue

Make I go read chapter two.
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Splinz(m): 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Aderola15:

Make I go read chapter two.

Mbok, don't read everything. Reserve some for me. smiley
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by mrmrmister: 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
Damn!!!

I'm clicking that stupid link. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Splinz(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
Divay22:
I'm just too lazy to read this one.. sad angry angry angry

I have some magic words. Here, "Lala titi kin kong". Say it three times my dear, and watch yourself read up Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary in 30 minutes. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
ITbomb:

Thanx dear.... I have more stories in my blog
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
mrmrmister:
Damn!!!

I'm clicking that stupid link. grin grin

thanx grin

1 Like

Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please summarize this thing for me.
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Castleberry: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
Nice story op smiley
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
Castleberry:
Nice story op smiley

Thank you my good sir
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Castleberry: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
donfineboi:

Thank you my good sir

I'm not sir
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
Castleberry:

I'm not sir
ok ma
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Who can solve this puzzle?

http://naifizzy.com/story/1002

Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by kayalcomp: 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
You just want us to click your link. Are u a blogger? You would have put everything here now.
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
KennyID17:

As in, I don't usually clink on external links, but this one is just too good to resist cheesy

Op, pls make sure u tag me when u finish d part 3. Great piece i must say smiley
Summary pls grin
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by cutiedave(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
I smell plagiarism at work here....an very sure av read dis piece on nairaland before... Tho itx a long time ago
O.P be careful o
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by KennyID17(m): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Summary pls grin

Goan read it tongue cheesy grin
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
KennyID17:

Goan read it tongue cheesy grin
I tell you say i need glasses remember

Ok lets not derail
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
cheesy
Bumbae1:

I tell you say i need glasses remember

Ok lets not derail
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 12:21am On Apr 03, 2017
wink
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Nobody: 3:27am On Apr 03, 2017
did the mami water look like this

Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by Nobody: 4:25am On Apr 03, 2017
How we gonna know part 3 is ready angry

Only on nl can such a wack story get passed the le click gang! Wehdone Op!
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 11:07am On Apr 03, 2017
cheesy
BUTCHCASSIDY:
did the mami water look like this
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 11:09am On Apr 03, 2017
cutiedave:
I smell plagiarism at work here....an very sure av read dis piece on nairaland before... Tho itx a long time ago
O.P be careful o

Don't be ridiculous. I am the owner of www.browngarri.com how can I plagiarize my own work?
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by donfineboi: 11:10am On Apr 03, 2017
kayalcomp:
You just want us to click your link. Are u a blogger? You would have put everything here now.

Yes I am a blogger. And one of the best writers too....
Re: My Love Convenant With A Mami Water by cutiedave(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
donfineboi:

Don't be ridiculous. I am the owner of www.browngarri.com how can I plagiarize my own work?
Sorry for d accusation...
Bt am still very sure av read dis story on another thread here on nairaland...
Nice story tho

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which One Will You Marry?? (pic) / My Vaseline Comrades.....where At Thou / This Is How Money Ritual Works - ANSWER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.