Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) (13661 Views)

The Moderator(s) On Politics Section Are So Lazy / Moderator(s) Why Did You Lock This Thread...https://www.nairaland.com/1363216/b ? / Moderator/s In Chief: Operation Nigeria Makeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Afam(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Nigeria is a tribal construct, you can't wish away injustice and inequality without tackling the root of the problem.

Why do these people feel they don't belong to what Awolowo termed 'a geographic expression.'

I know it is fashionable to be 'detribalised' but how do you stay detribalised in the face of such injustice for example:

The President of this country is a northerner,
The Minister of Finance, a northerner,
The Minister of Works a northerner
The Minister of Petroleum a northerner,
The CBN Governor a northerner,
The head of PHCN a northerner,
The head of NNPC a northerner

The country is lopsided, pointing this out does not make one a tribalist.

Not long ago the list was like this

The President of this country is a southerner,
The Minister of Finance, a southerner,
The Minister of Works a southerner
The CBN Governor a southerner,

Don't have any idea about those that headed NNPC and PHCN so cannot comment on them.

Out of the 7 listed above the southerners accounted for 4 so we should not blow issues out of proportion unless of course you complained in the last dispensation that southerners were too many.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2009
eyesonyou:

@kosovo

You have taken a positive stance and on that you should remain.
If anybody wants to promote hate, there are hundreds of hate sites that promote bigotry.
Nairaland is a place where Nigerians air their views for the betterment of their country.
Freedom of speech should be practiced with tolerance without promoting hate.

Thank you very much.
More cheesy
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2009
The President of this country is a northerner,
The Minister of Finance, a northerner,
The Minister of Works a northerner
The CBN Governor a northerner,

maybe it is possible that they are the most qualified grin grin grin

I thought people were against federal character, and just wanted the most qualified people. What evidence is there to prove that these are not the most qualified people.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
eyesonyou:

@kosovo

You have taken a positive stance and on that you should remain.
If anybody wants to promote hate, there are hundreds of hate sites that promote bigotry.
Nairaland is a place where Nigerians air their views for the betterment of their country.
Freedom of speech should be practiced with tolerance without promoting hate.

@ MandingoII

How would you feel if a KKK member used the "N" word to identify your people in the name of freedom of speech?
Hate is not good and should not be condoned. Black people all over the world are being subjected to cruelty by other races.
And here we are discussing if we should continue hating each other. Ask your self: Does it make any sense?
Why do we want to tear each other apart? This is the problem in the AA community as well -lack of brotherly love.
It beats me why anyone will want to deride their own. Just my 2 cents.

Nice contribution
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Bull, as much I don't like the alai ni kan se moderator, this was taken out of context. Someone insulted Islam, and the moderator was showing that violence is not just unique to Islam but also Christianity.

See these propagandist. NL has been infiltrated by secessionist and treasonous bas.ta.rds

I hope you know treason is a crime with extreme punishments? Positing seditious positions is a crime against the state.

Beaf:

Calm down!
Do you think we are under a dictatorial military regime? If anybody feels the solution to Nigeria's problems is secession, let them air it. Abi you no want solution?
If something isn't working, why keep it?

Can you honestly give one simple reason why Nigeria must be kept together (aside from blind "patriotism" or sentiment)? Where is our "president" (PDP's Northern rotation president)?

Don't mind them.Most of those who keep on insisting that Nigeria must be together are the Northern terrorist. They have been terrorizing  Nigeria since independence and they now want to ply their trade abroad. That is why they will insist on a comatose man to lead Nigeria. The biuld up to the break up of Nigeria is gathering momentum. When the southerner scream that they cannot co-exist with the radicalised and extremists north,the Western imperialist will grasps it better.  Now the north should tell which section of the country that

[list]
[li]Misruled Nigeria for 42 years?[/li]
[li]To add salt to injury labeled even everuyone of us terriost even Yar'Adua[/li]
[/list]
The other sad thing is that most people who log on to Nairaland live abroad and don't have a feel of what life is like,so don't expect much!
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

maybe it is possible that they are the most qualified grin grin grin

I thought people were against federal character, and just wanted the most qualified people. What evidence is there to prove that these are not the most qualified people.

Analysing the situation in the country, I very much doubt that they are the best qualified.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by asha80(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2009
Katsumoto:

Sapeleguy
You have just written about the problems of tribalism without insulting anyone. That is the sort of discourse we want; I am not advocating that we ignore the problems of Nigeria, I am only suggesting that we discuss issues without insults. Period

I seriously doubt that.Are we not nigerians again?Nigerians argue without insult?It is even the most educated nigerians that argue with lots of insults.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2009
We need to value the importance of simplicity, focus and living according to our values.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2009
Calm down!
Do you think we are under a dictatorial military regime? If anybody feels the solution to Nigeria's problems is secession, let them air it. Abi you no want solution?
If something isn't working, why keep it?

Can you honestly give one simple reason why Nigeria must be kept together (aside from blind "patriotism" or sentiment)? Where is our "president" (PDP's Northern rotation president)?

Can you give one sensible reason why Nigeria should be divided? I hope you are intelligent enough not to suggest silly things. The only reason I would support a secession from Nigeria of any kind is a proven case of genocide or possibility of an economically viable state. You cannot just allow countries start breaking because some tom, dick and harry are not happy.

Every country has their problems and if they all dealt with it by breaking up, then there would be a million countries. Moreover, there would not even be countries like the United States.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
Katsumoto:

Analysing the situation in the country, I very much doubt that they are the best qualified.

Best qualified? Mountain of excuses why the 6000mw has gone with the winds?
They are best qualified for fuel scarcity and orchestrating the Nigerian paradox. Plenty of raw materials for refineries that cannot work? Even the small countries of W.Africa are mocking us right now.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2009
Best qualified? Mountain of excuses why the 6000mw has gone with the winds?
They are best qualified for fuel scarcity and orchestrating the Nigerians paradox. Plenty of raw materials for refineries that cannot work? Even the small countries of W.Africa are mocking us right now.

So what is your solution?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Kx: 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

What evidence is there to prove that these are not the most qualified people.

The evidence that they are the most qualified are as follows.

1.For the first time in the history of the country,the annual budget is going to be
signed by nigerian president in saudi arabia sick bay.

2.Our refineries are refinning crude at over 100% installed capacity and fuel yapka everywhere in the counrty.

3.Our roads are in splendid and excellent states.

4.CBN is doing excellently well and the govnor is the worlds best cbn govenor going by his latest achievement.

5. NEPA is doing wonderfully well and power failure is history in nigeria.

6.Lately,a northernan has done nigeria proud by attempting to bomb america.

Can u now see why the north are the most qualified ppl in the land?
Their achievements speaks for them without being sentimental. sad sad sad
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2009
asha 80:

I seriously doubt that.Are we not nigerians again?Nigerians argue without insult?It is even the most educated nigerians that argue with lots of insults.

And we wonder whats wrong with our country if its the most educated who argue with insults.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2009
My solution.Does it matter.If the Northern terrorist cannot give Nigerians good roads and light with over $40bn annually. I will be the one to proffer the solution. In what capacity. When a dead man in hospital for 1 month 5 days has refused to let go, the north wants to subvert the constitution by pressuring Goodluck to resign. Am happy that the north are the ones sowing the seeds that will bring chaos to this country,when it happens and the south scream that they don't want Nigeria anymore,the Western imperialist will understand better.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2009
Afam:

Don't have any idea about those that headed NNPC and PHCN so cannot comment on them.

Out of the 7 listed above the southerners accounted for 4 so we should not blow issues out of proportion unless of course you complained in the last dispensation that southerners were too many.

Afam, thank you, you have just proved my point 4 over 7 is just over 50% that is balanced as opposed to 100% to one region.

Sefago -  LOL - Stop being facetious.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kx:

The evidence that they are the most qualified are as follows.

1.For the first time in the history of the country,the annual budget is going to be

2.Our refineries are refinning crude at over 100% installed capacity and fuel yapka everywhere in the counrty.

4.CBN is doing excellently well and the govnor is the worlds best cbn govenor going by his latest achievement.

Can u now see why the north are the most qualified ppl in the land?
Their achievements speaks for them without being sentimental. sad sad sad

Thank you so much Kx.You are a dahling.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by asha80(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
Katsumoto:

And we wonder whats wrong with our country if its the most educated who argue with insults.

That is why i do not get bothered when i see insults thrown around here and i largely ignore insults thrown at me simply because why should i expect better when you experience this in real life amongst Nigerians let alone being under the anonymity of the cyberworld.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

So what is your solution?

We start by admitting mistakes of the past, orientating our (Nigerian) self-defeating mind-set, and taking our country back from the useless, unenlightened, visionless bunch who are killing our country.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2009

Not enough proof.

Look at this:

1. Dora Akunyili despite her so-called rebranding campaign has been mired in several corruption scandals and her integrity has been called into question.

2. Our minister for foreign affairs Ojo Maduekwe is busy gallivanting around and spending billions of our money on foreign trips.

3. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala despite her pedigree was unable to achieve anything really significant for us except a loan forgiveness.

4. Obasanjo's government was corrupt like hell. Enough said.

5. Dimeji Bankole. Enough said

6. Michael Akhigbe during abdulsalami's interim government enough said.

7. The significant number of southerners during Obasanjo's government that didn't do crap. The situation under Obasanjo and Yar'adua are really not that different even though Yar'adua is presiding over a recession.

And it goes on- where these the most qualified peoople?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Can you give one sensible reason why Nigeria should be divided? I hope you are intelligent enough not to suggest silly things. The only reason I would support a secession from Nigeria of any kind is a proven case of genocide or possibility of an economically viable state. You cannot just allow countries start breaking because some tom, manliness and harry are not happy.

Every country has their problems and if they all dealt with it by breaking up, then there would be a million countries. Moreover, there would not even be countries like the United States.  

I knew you wouldn't be able to answer my questions. grin
I'll answer yours. The most obvious reason is that the Nigerian population was not consulted before the country was created. The example you gave of the US couldn't be farther away from ours, that country's existence is based on treaty after treaty. What is ours based on aside from British interests and sentiment?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by ChapelleS: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Not enough proof.

Look at this:

1. Dora Akunyili despite her so-called rebranding campaign has been mired in several corruption scandals and her integrity has been called into question.

2. Our minister for foreign affairs Ojo Maduekwe is busy gallivanting around and spending billions of our money on foreign trips.

3. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala despite her pedigree was unable to achieve anything really significant for us except a loan forgiveness.

4. Obasanjo's government was corrupt like hell. Enough said.

5. Dimeji Bankole. Enough said

6. Michael Akhigbe during abdulsalami's interim government enough said.

7. The significant number of southerners during Obasanjo's government that didn't do crap. The situation under Obasanjo and Yar'adua are really not that different even though Yar'adua is presiding over a recession.

And it goes on- where these the most qualified peoople?

You are the biggest fool for the year 'Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala despite her pedigree was unable to achieve anything really significant for us except a loan forgiveness.' Do you know how many countries want to get their names off the debt lists? And you think that debt forgiveness is not an achievement? Am not trying to justify anyone but compare the 2.7bn spent by the slowpoke Ojo to the what $40bn would have achieved for us if it is utilized well. China built the three gorge dam to generate 10,000 mw with less than $15bn. Ok just give Nigerians one thing if it electricity and leave the rest for another president. Didnt Sanusi say the same thing? A sick man who cannot handle one point saddled himself with seven.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2009
Sefago - you're are pursuing circuitous arguments. What you want us to do is maintain the staus quo because 'the others are just as bad'.
We say no, we need to do things differently. We have multiple choices equality for all, resource control, confederations or outright breakup. Choose one.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2009

So the most important thing on the list is how many southerners dey?

The most obvious reason is that the Nigerian population was not consulted before the country was created. The example you gave of the US couldn't be farther away from ours, that country's existence is based on treaty after treaty. What is ours based on aside from British interests and sentiment?

So you want the "Nigerian" population to be given survey form by Lord Lugard to mark:

Do you want a country called Nigeria (cute name from my babe) [  ]          I dont want a country called Nigeria [  ]
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
We had a referendum for the Mid West region, It is never too late to consult the people.

The most important thing on the list is the presence of equality and balance.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2009
The problem with inquiring from Nigerians is that most of the people then were not educated enough to understand the idea of a nation so consulting about a group of nation with Africans wasn't really a viable option.

Let me start. Britain's decision to create a country called Nigeria might have been arbitrary but it is not unique or insumountable. Most people claim to have studied History but what type of history? How did cameroon start? How did Ghana start? Turkey? Most modern nations were geographical expressions and only through a wave of nationalism were these differences surmountable.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

So the most important thing on the list is how many southerners dey?

So you want the "Nigerian" population to be given survey form by Lord Lugard to mark:

Only slaves don't expect to be consulted in issues that affect the wellbeing of themselves and their families.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2009
Thread Locked!
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2009
Man wetin dey vex kosovo?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
kosovo:

Thread Locked!

Please stop locking threads for no reason angry.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2009
Man this was the few discussions I was enjoying on NL, now Kosovo want to spoil am. Anyways if i dont find anything intellectually stimulating I will go back to insulting people angry since that is the only thing NL is good for
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2009
Chapelle.S:

You are the biggest fool for the year 'Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala despite her pedigree was unable to achieve anything really significant for us except a loan forgiveness.' Do you know how many countries want to get their names off the debt lists? And you think that debt forgiveness is not an achievement? Am not trying to justify anyone but compare the 2.7bn spent by the slowpoke Ojo to the what $40bn would have achieved for us if it is utilized well. China built the three gorge dam to generate 10,000 mw with less than $15bn. Ok just give Nigerians one thing if it electricity and leave the rest for another president. Didnt Sanusi say the same thing? A sick man who cannot handle one point saddled himself with seven.

Okonjo-Iweala did not achieve that; the Paris club members had decided to cut the debt of third world countries due to pressure from various pressure groups in the western countries. It just so happened that she was the finance minister at that time. She be winch or she put jazz for mouth?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Man this was the few discussions I was enjoying on NL, now Kosovo want to spoil am. Anyways if i dont find anything intellectually stimulating I will go back to insulting people angry since that is the only thing NL is good for
    smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Nigeria, not yet ripe For State Police - IGP Egbetokun / Governor Ayo Fayose Preaching In A Church (Video, Photos) / Message From The Police On The 2019 General Elections In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.