Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) (13653 Views)

The Moderator(s) On Politics Section Are So Lazy / Moderator(s) Why Did You Lock This Thread...https://www.nairaland.com/1363216/b ? / Moderator/s In Chief: Operation Nigeria Makeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
^maybe because I just judged people by their personality. Now I have to be watching everyone in case they might think just like some people here. I group on in a different environment from you guys probably. However, I admit I learn more and more but what I learn isnt really good.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2009
The point has been proved beyond reasonable doubt that 'illegal mining of resources' is taking place in Western & Northern Nigeria. i.e. 100% resource control is already being practiced.

It is disingenuous of some people to ignore this fact. To borrow a phrase from becomrich some regions are 'still sucking bre.ast'.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2009
I DO NOT LIKE YOU!!!! Angry

insecurity has nothing to do with it.  You are cheesy.

Mandingo are you really an african american? I have always wondered why someone who is black could be so self-deprecating

The point has been proved beyond reasonable doubt that 'illegal mining of resources' is taking place in Western & Northern Nigeria. i.e. 100% resource control is already being practiced.

It is disingenuous of some people to ignore this fact. To borrow a phrase from becomrich some regions are 'still sucking bosom'.

Lol illegal mining doesn't mean 100% resource control. The state has no hand in it while no significant revenue is being obtained. However, I get your point.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by mekusxxx: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2009
SapeleGuy:

It is disingenuous of some people to ignore this fact. To borrow a phrase from becomrich some regions are 'still sucking bre.ast'.

This should be one of the main planks of argument of the oil-producing states. Why is the resources in Northern and Western Nigeria treated differently from oil? I wonder why nobody seems to make this analogy. Dumb, dumb, oil-producers (including my own state)
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

^maybe because I just judged people by their personality. Now I have to be watching everyone in case they might think just like some people here. I group on in a different environment from you guys probably. However, I admit I learn more and more but what I learn isnt really good.

You wouldn't learn the sorts of fundamental things you learn in the politics section, if say you only visit the technology or auto sales sections. It isn't NL, it is the politics section, here you learn of the ugly the realities on the ground in Nigeria. And boy! They are fu ck ugly realities!
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

This should be one of the main planks of argument of the oil-producing states. Why is the resources in Northern and Western Nigeria treated differently from oil? I wonder why nobody seems to make this analogy. Dumb, dumb, oil-producers (including my own state)

I think the states have made these arguments but the people who really need to make them are in the houses of reps and senate, that is where we can change laws. Bar one or two, the current crop of legislators are impotent and below par.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by MandingoII(m): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
Mandingo are you really an african american? I have always wondered why someone who is black could be so self-deprecating

Yes, Safeco, I am a BLACK MILITANT MAN living in Amerikka.

There is NOTHING about be self-depreciating.

You got me twisted. (and so do many many africans)

Just because I BELIEVE the African American culture started during the Slave Trade - You and other africans CANNOT UNDERSTAND this logic.

The connection was BROKEN to Africa. It got MIXED with ALL Tribes of africa during the slave trade.

WE then CREATED our own culture in America.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2009
^quite a culture

back to topic
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by mekusxxx: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
MandingoII:

Yes, Safeco, I am a BLACK MILITANT MAN living in Amerikka.

There is NOTHING about be self-depreciating.

You got me twisted. (and so do many many africans)

Just because I BELIEVE the African American culture started during the Slave Trade - You and other africans CANNOT UNDERSTAND this logic.

The connection was BROKEN to Africa. It got MIXED with ALL Tribes of africa during the slave trade.

WE then CREATED our own culture in America.

The bolded part is still on the basis of the AFRICAN culture. What do you know about African culture and to what extent is the Afr Ame culture different from Afr culture?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Onlytruth(m): 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I think the states have made these arguments but the people who really need to make them are in the houses of reps and senate, that is where we can change laws. Bar one or two, the current crop of legislators are impotent and below par.

They are more like a gang of thieves determined to protect their loot (the peoples mandate). They would do anything to protect their loots!
That is why I get worried when an election is stolen in any part of the country. The elections impose people who constitute themselves into taskmasters overseeing our collective toil, and smiling to the bank after each work day.

Back to topic. I believe such imposition would be very difficult (if not impossible) if peoples choices are respected. I know for instance that APGA won most elective positions in the South East. APGA was rigged out because someone wanted to deny Ndigbo a political platform upon which to build their national agenda. You see, most things in Nigerian politics have tribal or sectional bases. There is an invisible line between politics and tribalism in Nigeria. Has been so since the "carpet crossing" incident.

So I still say that the sectional and tribal section of nairaland is redundant.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by mekusxxx: 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2009
^^^^^^
Correct. It is a dumb idea to try to separate politics from tribalism in Nigeria. People are refusing to face the reality.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2009
There is an invisible line between politics and tribalism in Nigeria. Has been so since the "carpet crossing" incident.

This has actually reminded me of one of the main concerns I wanted to bring up.

Why is "politics" as discussed on Nairaland discussed along tribal lines or supposed important news. Why is the absence of political philosophy and ideology rarely discussed.

I understand that the average Nairalander is not adequately equipped in discussing some sort of political philosophy but no attempt has been made. I haven't seen someone open a thread about how to improve our political sysem (not along geo-political terms) or why is it that no damn party back home is known for any real ideas. U know like Republicans in America are known as racist, rich-people loving, and corporate America friendly party grin while the democrats have been seen as liberal, excessive spending and prone to let american get runover by terrorist party  angry. No one talks about this- if your government is not built on some sort of intellectualism it will burn. So whats really political about the politics section except a place for people to discuss recent events and insult our leaders
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Onlytruth(m): 12:06am On Dec 29, 2009
SEFAGO:

Why is "politics" as discussed on Nairaland discussed along tribal lines or supposed important news. Why is the absence of political philosophy and ideology rarely discussed.

I understand that the average Nairalander is not adequately equipped in discussing some sort of political philosophy but no attempt has been made. I haven't seen someone open a thread about how to improve our political sysem (not along geo-political terms) or why is it that no damn party back home is known for any real ideas. U know like Republicans in America are known as racist, rich-people loving, and corporate America friendly party grin while the democrats have been seen as liberal, excessive spending and prone to let american get runover by terrorist party  angry. No one talks about this- if your government is not built on some sort of intellectualism it will burn. So whats really political about the politics section except a place for people to discuss recent events and insult our leaders

Haven't you seen an ideological topic on this section before? How many people posted there? Those die natural deaths here because they do not reflect the realities of our situation in Nigeria. So people simply ignore them.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 12:10am On Dec 29, 2009
Onlytruth:

Haven't you seen an ideological topic on this section before? How many people posted there? Those die natural deaths here because they do not reflect the realities of our situation in Nigeria. So people simply ignore them.
  was about saying the samething.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 12:12am On Dec 29, 2009
SEFAGO:

I have posted several such topics. They just sink down the page very fast and out of sight.
When you tone the content down a bit, it turns "tribal". In any event, Nigeria's politics cannot be fixed, it needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by mekusxxx: 12:15am On Dec 29, 2009
kosovo:

was about saying the samething.

You just helped kill one now by moving it

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-372835.0.html
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 12:21am On Dec 29, 2009
mekusxxx:

You just helped kill one now by moving it

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-372835.0.html
  You have actually be giving me much problems, your Thread tops The Moved Thread!
Pls , Don't always be in a hurry to post, always post at the Right section!
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 12:21am On Dec 29, 2009
Onlytruth:

But is that not at the core of the problems in Nigeria? We do not require our leaders to have any sort of political ideology (leftist, centrist, rightist, far right, far left). All we require is that the guy representing us is from our street, our town, our village, our state, or our tribe. This goes back to what I am advocating; a change of mind-set.

Why should some idiot just say, I will create 200,000 jobs', I will build more roads', i will bring electricity in 2 years', when they are unable to put forward any revenue generating ideas. If you ask 99.99999999% of politicians in Nigeria what political ideology they hold, they will stammer for like 5 minutes and say well ,

As long as politics is along sanctimonious lines, there will be no development even with the break-up of Nigeria or re-structuring into confederations.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 12:29am On Dec 29, 2009
Katsumoto:

But is that not at the core of the problems in Nigeria? We do not require our leaders to have any sort of political ideology (leftist, centrist, rightist, far right, far left). All we require is that the guy representing us is from our street, our town, our village, our state, or our tribe. This goes back to what I am advocating; a change of mind-set.

Why should some slowpoke just say, I will create 200,000 jobs', I will build more roads', i will bring electricity in 2 years', when they are unable to put forward any revenue generating ideas. If you ask 99.99999999% of politicians in Nigeria what political ideology they hold, they will stammer for like 5 minutes and say well ,

As long as politics is along sanctimonious lines, there will be no development even with the break-up of Nigeria or re-structuring into confederations.

Our politics of theft does not require any ideology or philosophy.
As soon as we change the national architecture, you'll be surprised at how quality, ideologies and philosophies will flood in.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Onlytruth(m): 12:33am On Dec 29, 2009
Katsumoto:

Why should some slowpoke just say, I will create 200,000 jobs', I will build more roads', i will bring electricity in 2 years', when they are unable to put forward any revenue generating ideas. If you ask 99.99999999% of politicians in Nigeria what political ideology they hold, they will stammer for like 5 minutes and say well ,

The politics of 1950s and 60s were largely ideological in some forms. The NCNC was a national party (trying to create a united Nigeria). The NPC was a sectional party, openly promoting and defending the interest of the North. The AG was a sectional party masquerading as a national party, but was only defending the interest of the West.
All that became more prominent after the carpet crossing incident. The pogrom and civil war further sealed our fate politically. Ever since, nothing is discussed at the center without sectional fault-lines.  

It is really a vicious cycle, but I believe that we must courageously face the truth whatever it takes!
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Onlytruth(m): 12:37am On Dec 29, 2009
^^^
So, I guess my point is that the 50s and 60s were our golden years. The regions did great in all spheres. I wonder why confederation or regionalism should fail us now.
Anyway let me guess why: some people are too drunk from oil. grin
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by mekusxxx: 12:39am On Dec 29, 2009
kosovo:

You have actually be giving me much problems, your Thread tops The Moved Thread!
Pls , Don't always be in a hurry to post, always post at the Right section!

At least this was in the right section and you still moved it. We are talking of the political implication of appointing your brother to a position. It isn't about Education. It is about politics. Thanks.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Katsumoto: 12:52am On Dec 29, 2009
Onlytruth:

The politics of 1950s and 60s were largely ideological in some forms. The NCNC was a national party (trying to create a united Nigeria). The NPC was a sectional party, openly promoting and defending the interest of the North. The AG was a sectional party masquerading as a national party, but was only defending the interest of the West.
All that became more prominent after the carpet crossing incident. The pogrom and civil war further sealed our fate politically. Ever since, nothing is discussed at the center without sectional fault-lines.  

It is really a vicious cycle, but I believe that we must courageously face the truth whatever it takes!
Beaf:

Our politics of theft does not require any ideology or philosophy.
As soon as we change the national architecture, you'll be surprised at how quality, ideologies and philosophies will flood in.
Onlytruth:

^^^
So, I guess my point is that the 50s and 60s were our golden years. The regions did great in all spheres. I wonder why confederation or regionalism should fail us now.
Anyway let me guess why: some people are too drunk from oil. grin

If those are your arguments, why are we not seeing proper developments at the LG and State levels? Afterall, there are Igbo running Abia, Yoruba in Oyo, and Fulani in Sokoto.

Your argument is analogous to a man who mis-manages a $1000 loan from a bank but tells the bank manager that he will return above industry average if the bank manager lends him $100,000. Let us forget about the centre (Abuja) for now. Each state gets funds from the centre. What are the custodians of these funds doing with the funds at the state and LG levels? Stop deceiving yourselves into thinking that a different set of leaders will emerge once the structure changes. These senators, governors and their god-fathers are not going anywhere without a fight. If you want to get rid of them, then now is the time to do it. After George Washington, Ben Franklin, and others drove the English away, did a new set of leaders emerge?

If you have a SNC now, who will represent Abia, Anambra, Oyo, etc? Will it be the current political elite or a new set of leaders? My guess is, it will be the current elite. If they manage to get the disintegration of Nigeria or confederations, do you think they will just disappear?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 12:59am On Dec 29, 2009
If those are your arguments, why are we not seeing proper developments at the LG and State levels? Afterall, there are Igbo running Abia, Yoruba in Oyo, and Fulani in Sokoto.

lol, good point though
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Onlytruth(m): 1:11am On Dec 29, 2009
Katsumoto:

Because they are too small to survive on their own. Mind you that states were created as a strategy to divide the then Eastern Nigeria. States were created precisely to create disunity within regional blocks to enable whoever controls the center control all. That is why the states head to Abuja for stipends.

If you have a SNC now, who will represent Abia, Anambra, Oyo, etc? Will it be the current political elite or a new set of leaders? My guess is, it will be the current elite. If they manage to get the disintegration of Nigeria or confederations, do you think they will just disappear?

The people we elected under APGA were never allowed to win. They were all rigged out. So, stop mistaking those thieves in Abuja for my true representatives.  I know for sure that if we are allowed (by Abuja) to elect our representatives, you wouldn't be asking that question today. It took the direct intervention of Ojukwu for the PDP imposition of Andy Uba  in Anambra state to be halted. So, civil war characters are still representing our people more creditably even today.
Forget about those thieves you refer to.  angry
In a regional or confederal setting, none of them will see power because we the people can stop them without being shot at sight.  They are impositions and you know it.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by asha80(m): 1:19am On Dec 29, 2009
@Katsumoto

In your heart of hearts do you believe that in an independent western region that Adedibu Akala and Fayose will have a say in region that prides itself of having intellectuals?Did they not wield power because of the power they got from Abuja?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 1:23am On Dec 29, 2009
^ good point
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 1:37am On Dec 29, 2009
Katsumoto:

Your argument is analogous to a man who mis-manages a $1000 loan from a bank but tells the bank manager that he will return above industry average if the bank manager lends him $100,000. Let us forget about the centre (Abuja) for now. Each state gets funds from the centre. What are the custodians of these funds doing with the funds at the state and LG levels? Stop deceiving yourselves into thinking that a different set of leaders will emerge once the structure changes. These senators, governors and their god-fathers are not going anywhere without a fight. If you want to get rid of them, then now is the time to do it. After George Washington, Ben Franklin, and others drove the English away, did a new set of leaders emerge?

There is an old saying, "He who pays the piper, plays the tune". . . Abuja pays the governors and senators; Abuja plays the tune, they dance, they are not responsible to you.
Simple example, the most powerful in the ND have tried to bring Ibori to justice, but was thwarted by the FG http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4575:fighting-corruption-with-hometown-outrage&catid=81:external-contrib&Itemid=300.

The current system is broken and needs to be torn down. Saying we should hold our leaders to ransome is Abuja's trick; remove power from Abuja and the trick and its socerer practitioners will be gone.
A system built by thieves for thieves can never be fixed.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 1:44am On Dec 29, 2009
[/quote][quote author=Katsumoto link=topic=371915.msg5205312#msg5205312 date=1262044332]
What are the custodians of these funds doing with the funds at the state and LG levels? Stop deceiving yourselves into thinking that a different set of leaders will emerge once the structure changes. These senators, governors and their god-fathers are not going anywhere without a fight. If you want to get rid of them, then now is the time to do it.

Beautifully said, however it is shortsighted to only focus on the judicious use of 13% of funds at state level but ignore 87% at federal level, that is a false economy.

With regards the political actors, there will be changes but fear of what the future might hold is not a good enough excuse to stay in the past.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 7:09am On Dec 29, 2009
mekusxxx:

At least this was in the right section and you still moved it. We are talking of the political implication of appointing your brother to a position. It isn't about Education. It is about politics. Thanks.
Recommendation Invalidated.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 11:00am On Dec 29, 2009
@Chapelle.S
@Kosovo

I do not seek your time for any of your mad vituperation. You are the wrong man at the wrong place, admit it. That is the problem with Nigeria.If you want to try and see what am talking about. Open a popularity poll for yourself and see what happens to you. [/b]It is done in sane countries. Everyday Obama is concerned with his popularity likewise in other right and upward mobile country, not in a chaotic,sick and insane Nigeria where leaders don't even care if they are accepted. This is a political section and it does not deserve scumbags like you.

[b]  The demand to be loved by Everyone is the greatest of all arrogant presumptions.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by kosovo(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2009
we must realize that The desire to annoy no one, can equally well be the sign of a just as of an anxious disposition. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect / Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu / Chevron, Shell Pull Out Of Olokola LNG Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.