Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,315 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? (4369 Views)

We Need More Support From Igbos To Propagate Islam In South-east – Igbo Muslims / Check Out 10 Prominent And Influential Igbo Muslims In Nigeria / Why Are There No Igbo In The Army Troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Kizmilz(m): 12:55am On Apr 03, 2017
I once Had an argument with someone that there is no Igbo man or woman that is a Muslim by religion.

I want to knw why this is so.

Oga Seun and Lalasticlala Pls move this to fp so we can get the audience view on this.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by mazizitonene(m): 12:56am On Apr 03, 2017
This your claim is doubtful......
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by gqboyy(m): 1:02am On Apr 03, 2017
Never say never
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Nathena(f): 1:13am On Apr 03, 2017
Do not argue things that are alien to you, cause they might be regular to others. There are Igbo Moslems of both genders. I have siblings that are Moslems and friends in the North that do not play with prayers. Jumat on Friday, and I see my friends geared up hijabed down to the toes. I am partially igbo too, and I'm supposed to be a Muslim, but I'm what I want to be.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by nwaanambra1(m): 1:26am On Apr 03, 2017
Nathena:
[s]Do not argue things that are alien to you, cause they might be regular to others. There are Igbo Moslems of both genders. I have siblings that are Moslems and friends in the North that do not play with prayers. Jumat on Friday, and I see my friends geared up hijabed down to the toes. I am partially igbo too, and I'm supposed to be a Muslim, but I'm what I want to be[/s].

there is 99.9% chances that any igbo you see practicing islam is an osu outcast. they are mostly people rejected by their kinsmen - (who happens to be staunch Christians) so some of them now seek solace in islam.

you will also notice they hardly visit their villages.

@op.

igbos don't do islam bc they value their head so much that they cant hit it on the ground 5 times a day.

it never occur to you that hitting head on the ground even once a day can do a lot of damage to the brain how much more of hitting it 5 times a day! thats enuf to reset your medulla oblangata and remove the human substance in you.

at least you can bear witness to the evil that those who hit head on ground always are capable of committing. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by true2god: 5:03am On Apr 03, 2017
nwaanambra1:

there is 99.9% chances that any igbo you see practicing islam is an osu outcast. they are mostly people rejected by their kinsmen - (who happens to be staunch Christians) so some of them now seek solace in islam.

@op.

igbos don't do islam bc they value their head so much that they cant hit it on the ground 5 times a day.

it never occur to you that hitting head on the ground even once a day can do a lot of damage to the brain how much more of hitting it 5 times a day! thats enuf to reset your medulla oblangata and remove the human substance in you.

at least you can bear witness to the evil that those who hit head on ground always are capable of committing. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I think there are few Igbo Muslims, roughly 1000 people (though I'm not very sure).

You can always see them when you do Google search.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by ObaEwuare: 5:35am On Apr 03, 2017
nwaanambra1:

@op.

Mr. Man you are not Igbo, which one be OSU cast people joining islam?
Afonjas claiming Igbos to mock Igbo,
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by khalling2008: 7:15am On Apr 03, 2017
Kizmilz:
I once Had an argument with someone that there is no Igbo man or woman that is a Muslim by religion.

Oga Seun and Lalasticlala Pls move this to fp so we can get the audience view on this.

Thanks
let me give u an assignment, go to umuahia in Abia state ask for Lagos street, when you get there just ask for mosque and ask for imam. I will categorically tell you that the imam is an igbo man, just for an assignment
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by joe4real12: 7:19am On Apr 03, 2017
at least you can bear witness to the evil that those who hit head on ground always are capable of committing.
Let me ask my friends in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, and Libya.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Kizmilz(m): 8:54am On Apr 03, 2017
Nathena:
Do not argue things that are alien to you, cause they might be regular to others. There are Igbo Moslems of both genders. I have siblings that are Moslems and friends in the North that do not play with prayers. Jumat on Friday, and I see my friends geared up hijabed down to the toes. I am partially igbo too, and I'm supposed to be a Muslim, but I'm what I want to be.

Well it's possible that there are some Igbo folks out there, it's just that have never seen or heard that so so person is Igbo and he/she is a Muslim. That's the point am driving at.

"Impossible is nothing "

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Kizmilz(m): 8:55am On Apr 03, 2017
khalling2008:
let me give u an assignment, go to umuahia in Abia state ask for Lagos street, when you get there just ask for mosque and ask for imam. I will categorically tell you that the imam is an igbo man, just for an assignment

I wish I can go there just to confirm this, maybe someday though.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Kizmilz(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2017
nwaanambra1:

@op.

Hmmmm, OK.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by nwaanambra1(m): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2017
ObaEwuare:

Mr. Man you are not Igbo, which one be OSU cast people joining islam?
Afonjas claiming Igbos to mock Igbo,

take it easy on the sambisa weed bro! cheesy
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by khalling2008: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2017
Kizmilz:

I wish I can go there just to confirm this, maybe someday though.
the countries in the whole world, you will see all the religion especially Islam, Christianity and atheism either by majority or minority
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by ObaEwuare: 3:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
khalling2008:

the countries in the whole world, you will see all the religion especially Islam, Christianity and atheism either by majority or minority

In Japan, Islam is not up to minority
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by tsolah247: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2017

at least you can bear witness to the evil that those who hit head on ground always are capable of committing. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/quote]

That is why you see them with the highest crime rate wherever they go because their is no guardian in their heart.
You can't hit your head on the ground for your creator even once a day because their is pride and arroganc in your heart and blood, Something Jesus that you call your savior and the prophets before and after him did several time and did not have brain damage.
Wait a minute, you can dance Sangolo, Kolomental and all this Latest dance of nowadays by shaking your head over and over without having Brain Damage.
Islam is a religion that as been in existence since THE CREATOR created us and no issue/report was/is been raisedas to Bowing head in Islam is the cause of brain damage.
Go and read Islamic and other religion source, May be you can see for youself why over 1billion people are putting their head on the ground 5times daily for the creator of their soul and never have brain damage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by EvilBrain(m): 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
Islam spread through Africa primarily because of the slave trade. The main slave route in Nigeria was from the South West through Kano, then up to North Africa and the Middle East.

Islam doesn't allow the enslavement of anybody whose religion has a magic book (ie Muslims, Christians and Jews). That meant that people who were being terrorized by slave traders had a strong incentive to convert and to teach their children to recite Muslim stuff to reduce their chances of being kidnapped.

Since Ibo areas were outside the main slave route, they got raided less and therefore didn't have much incentive to convert to Islam.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2017
i use to belive there is no muslim igbo or ibo as my tribal men we called it.

i meet this guy by the name musa daniel.you can google it. he is a football coach and muslim by faith.

he hold a degree in hadith(the sayings of the prophet muhammed saw)he speak arabic fluently and he even propargate islam
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Demmzy15(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2017
true2god:
I think there are few Igbo Muslims, roughly 1000 people (though I'm not very sure).

You can always see them when you do Google search.
You've started concocting figures from your pelebe head abi? angry undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Demmzy15(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
ObaEwuare:

But it's growing and growing fast.

Christianity is not even up to decimal point in saudi arabia! grin tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nathena:

I strongly doubt you have any igbo gene in your veins..

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
nwaanambra1:

@op.

Ndi okpo isi ala grin
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by FearlessDapsin(m): 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
Well OP, I tell you with authority that there are Igbo muslims. My partner in crime during my sec school days is an Igbo muslim from Imo state to be precise. Infact, his father was the former SO1 Imam for the Nigerian Army.
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by mauriceju2(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
An Igbo man cannot be a true Mumum slem, if you see any Igbo man claiming to be a mumu slem know that he's there for money sake, an Igbo man cannot do the things of the mumu slem like killing his children, wife and his kins men for renouncing Islam, it's only Hausa cow that do those things( killing his children, wife and his kins men for renouncing Islam), an average igbo man has enough sense to know how dangerous islam is, an igbo man will never kill himself for a demonic gods of Islam etc etc etc etc , if u see any igbo man near them he's there for money

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by EvilBrain(m): 9:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
Demmzy15:

That's because Saudis are automatically labelled as Muslims at birth and the government will literally murder you if you admit that you've changed your religion.

There are religious minorities there, they're just hiding because they don't want to be killed by insecure fanatics.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by impossible27(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
Truth be told. Igbo see islam as a taboo. The usually term muslims as 'ndi na akpo isi ala', or ' ndi alakubar' or ' ndi boko haram'. U will agre with me on this if u have been in the east.

If u eventually convert to islam, everyone arnund u, even ur parent wil see u as a lost daughter\son and that how u wil be an outcast to the extent that they wil use u and be making jest and topics when u walk ' le onya bu kwa onye boko haram o, ze ndu gi o' (look this guy is a boko haram member o, run for ur life o) and the society wil be using a long spoon when associating with u. Some wil say u are not even igbo. Lol

The reasson why it hard for islam to spread in the east is because the northerners has already painted the religon black by the progons and other attrocities they comitted. They see it that the religon (islam) teaches them(northerner) to kill because they cant see the reason why human lives looks easy for them to take. Pls i am not a tribalist, if u have been in the east, u wil know what am saying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by impossible27(m): 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
And as it is now, igbos are one of the tribes islam will find it very hard to spread fast. 'Kedu onye cho ka ya ko nnwa ya kpo isi ala?' unless they use force (God fobid)

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by ObaEwuare: 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
Demmzy15:

There is no freedom of religion in Saudi,
Islam is not growing in Japan, Japanese hate islam, they are mostly atheists, some practice Shintoism and Buddhism.

Japan have stopped taking refugees from middle East because they are Muslims,

I'm not a Christian

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by cybriz82(m): 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
Kizmilz:

Thanks

una sit down 1 plc dey argue...y una no gather money travel round d continent to find out una go just dey disturb people with noise...i knw an ibo guy..is now a muslim n a don..emeka by name in sokoto..dude is always on kaftan..speak hausa like no 2moro..love anytin on skirt..
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by lepasharon(f): 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
impossible27:
Truth be told. Igbo see islam as a taboo. The usually term muslims as 'ndi na akpo isi ala', or ' ndi alakubar' or ' ndi boko haram'. U will agre with me on this if u have been in the east.

If u eventually convert to islam, everyone arnund u, even ur parent wil see u as a lost daughter\son and that how u wil be an outcast to the extent that they wil use u and be making jest and topics when u walk ' le onya bu kwa onye boko haram o, ze ndu gi o' (look this guy is a boko haram member o, run for ur life o) and the society wil be using a long spoon when associating with u. Some wil say u are not even igbo. Lol

The reasson why it hard for islam to spread in the east is because the northerners has already painted the religon black by the progons and other attrocities they comitted. They see it that the religon (islam) teaches them(northerner) to kill because they cant see the reason why human lives looks easy for them to take. Pls i am not a tribalist, if u have been in the east, u wil know what am saying.

Interesting to know..
Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by khalling2008: 5:02am On Apr 04, 2017
ObaEwuare:

But Islam is still there

Islamic Calling In Igbo Language With Former Reverend Levi Udemezue On ITV Abuja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uEUOGDSrG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luaqHegXIqo

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Igbo Muslims? by true2god: 5:09am On Apr 04, 2017
impossible27:
And as it is now, igbos are one of the tribes islam will find it very hard to spread fast. 'Kedu onye cho ka ya ko nnwa ya kpo isi ala?' unless they use force (God fobid)
They dare not use force in this modern era, the time of uthman dan fodio, when most of the then world was blind, has gone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Noisy Places Of Worship / God Is Black / Mery Christmas!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.