Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators (4041 Views)

Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB / Biafra: We Do Not Support IPOB - British Government / Begin Election Boycott Campaign In Your States — Bianca Ojukwu Tells Agitators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by pazienza(m): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2017
This is an old news, see. one of them
old ones too: https://www.nairaland.com/2733473/southsouth-voices-against-biafra-agitation

Here is SE governors condemning Biafra protesters:
https://www.naij.com/845285-anambra-state-supports-army-biafra-protesters-read.html

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/17/stay-away-from-our-state-enugu-government-warns-massob-ipob/

So what now? Enugu and Anambra are nolonger parts of Biafran struggle and should be excluded without giving the grassroots from there a chance to air thir opinions via a referendum?
We all know that most of the current Nigerian elites ( political, traditional and Religious title bearers) all over the country both the Igbos amongst them are in love with current status quo of things in Nigeria where they are receiving fat salaries, pensions, entitlements, endorsements, kickbacks, government inflated contracts, etc.
Only a fool expect any of them to want Nigerian demise or the system restructured to block the loopholes through which they gain from Nigeria. Or give all those benefits away over a new country they might end up not being at the top of the food chain as they currently are.

Personally, many Igbos like me prefer an independent Republic of Alaigbo, consisting of willing Igbo communities in present day SE, Rivers, Delta,Cross Rivers/ Akwa Ibom, Benue. That very sentiment is shared in my signature. But wouldn't mind a well structured country consisting of some non Igbo groups in Rivers state like Ogoni, and those in Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom through a referendum.

I personally had never fancied any union with Non Igbo tribes in Delta/ Edo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by PFRB: 10:02am On Apr 03, 2017
Who elected those people as leaders of SS people? ? ? ? ? ?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 03, 2017
Why are these idiots tagging me on a stale and outdated news. Una no get work angry . Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by uckennety(m): 10:31am On Apr 03, 2017
Blue3k:
All these SS or no SS threads are pointless. Nobody going to force anyone to join. Everyone gets option through referendum. I don't see why nairaland wants to argue about this to infinity. We don't even know if how popular idea is in reality. There's not much data to go on except wor around town.

If SS decides not to participate nobody will cry. Example Scotland decided the wanted to vote on weather to leave UK. Other parts of UK like Wales, North Ireland, and England didn't care to have one. Its honestly not a big deal. Nairaland needs to take chill pill on SS or no SS.

Please what is SS?

Or south south?
Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by uckennety(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2017
prince9851:
What are they saying?
I'm from ogba in Rivers SS and I support Biafra

Kini bu SS
Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by uckennety(m): 10:38am On Apr 03, 2017
HopeAtHand:
This Biafra issue has been overflogged on this platform and elsewhere simply because the stubborn IPoB never stops hallucinating.

Ive said it severally that a workable model for Biafra is that which is moulded within the 5 SE states framework. Anything other than that will simply be viewed with suspicion, be unacceptable and ultimately renounced.

IPoB come across as being unserious about Biafra as any serious minded organisation will do its diligence, make corrections where neccessary and forge ahead. The decision to stick to unwilling, diverse ethnicities shows they are just a bunch of noisemakers, intent on milking their nuisance value.

But igbos exceeds the 5 south-east framework!

Or you want to take away their lands

Give them their lands and watch them disappear

1 Like

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by uckennety(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2017
pazienza:

And who are you to give Biafrans instructions on how to go about Biafran agitation? Who solicited for your advice?

I'm yet to hear the Isobo( Cross Rivers), Ndoki and Asa, Egbema( Rivers) , Enu-ani( Delta), Umuezekhoha( Benue) stance on this issue.

You are the noisemaker here, thinking you can drown their voices under your nebulous SS tag.

Ikwerree,etche,omoku,agbor,abi,legbo, nko
Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by uckennety(m): 10:43am On Apr 03, 2017
pazienza:
This is an old news, see. one of them
old ones too: https://www.nairaland.com/2733473/southsouth-voices-against-biafra-agitation

Here is SE governors condemning Biafra protesters:
https://www.naij.com/845285-anambra-state-supports-army-biafra-protesters-read.html

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/17/stay-away-from-our-state-enugu-government-warns-massob-ipob/

So what now? Enugu and Anambra are nolonger parts of Biafran struggle and should be excluded without giving the grassroots from there a chance to air thir opinions via a referendum?
We all know that most of the current Nigerian elites ( political, traditional and Religious title bearers) all over the country both the Igbos amongst them are in love with current status quo of things in Nigeria where they are receiving fat salaries, pensions, entitlements, endorsements, kickbacks, government inflated contracts, etc.
Only a fool expect any of them to want Nigerian demise or the system restructured to block the loopholes through which they gain from Nigeria. Or give all those benefits away over a new country they might end up not being at the top of the food chain as they currently are.

Personally, many Igbos like me prefer an independent Republic of Alaigbo, consisting of willing Igbo communities in present day SE, Rivers, Delta,Cross Rivers/ Akwa Ibom, Benue. That very sentiment is shared in my signature. But wouldn't mind a well structured country consisting of some non Igbo groups in Rivers state like Ogoni, and those in Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom through a referendum.

I personally had never fancied any union with Non Igbo tribes in Delta/ Edo.

Bros you dey my mind!

1,000000000000000 likes

1 Like

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by HopeAtHand: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2017
pazienza:

And who are you to give Biafrans instructions on how to go about Biafran agitation? Who solicited for your advice?

I'm yet to hear the Isobo( Cross Rivers), Ndoki and Asa, Egbema( Rivers) , Enu-ani( Delta), Umuezekhoha( Benue) stance on this issue.

You are the noisemaker here, thinking you can drown their voices under your nebulous SS tag.
uckennety:

But igbos exceeds the 5 south-east framework!

Or you want to take away their lands

Give them their lands and watch them disappear
pazienza:

no one is drowning anyones voices. In Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa-Cross, the uninterested ethnicites have come out to denounce Biafra. It is now left for those other ethnicities who are interested in Biafra in SS to come out openly and accept it. Their refusal or inability to proclaim their love for biafra means they arent interested.

If IPoB wants to actualise anything, they should use a workable template which is the areas where there are very minimal dissent/opposition to the Biafran dream. Anything other than that can be best described as wasting their time.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nice one. As an Ogba man we can never be part of Biafra. Ogba kingdom will never be part of Biafra.
Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
CeoMYN:
Nice one. As an Ogba man we can never be part of Biafra. Ogba kingdom will never be part of Biafra.
Afonjo everywhere claiming south south

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
God Bless Biafra Nation

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
Afonjo everywhere claiming south south

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is an Afonja.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: We Are Not Interested, South South Tells Agitators by kingzizzy: 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
HopeAtHand:

Ive said it severally that a workable model for Biafra is that which is moulded within the 5 SE states framework. Anything other than that will simply be viewed with suspicion, be unacceptable and ultimately renounced.

Really? My father is a proud Igbo man from Anambra, my mother is proud Igbo woman from Igbo-Uzor (Ibusa) in Delta state. If we go by your suggestion, what happens to my parents despite being Igbos? It simply cannot work that way.

Besides, I tell all those who think that Biafra is just an Igbo thing is to stop their hallucination and remember that General Philip Effiong who was the last president of Biafra was not an Igbo man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Aba (Photos, Video) / The Nnamdi Kanu In Isreal Is An Impostor The Real One Died In Ops Python Dance / Watch The N1.5m Farm That Turned N1billion In 2 Years In Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.