Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:32 PM

List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) (54149 Views)

Lagos TAILOR Freedom List / What A Nairalander Showed His Tailor Vs What He got (pic) / "My Sunday Is Ruined" - The Dress A Lady Showed Her Tailor Vs What She Got (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by stane007: 5:13am On Apr 03, 2017
Please read this painful story as shared on Twitter by user based in Lagos, Damilola.

In the list are the items a Lagos tailor demands from her apprentices before giving them their freedom. List is obviously more than what many Nigerian men pay as bride price.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/see-outrageous-list-lagos-tailor.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by youngest85(m): 5:21am On Apr 03, 2017
Dis one don pass afonja dowry list sef

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by modath(f): 5:44am On Apr 03, 2017
Naija bloggers!! Fabricators per excellence! Making up "stories" since 14 AD! smiley

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by Philistine(m): 5:45am On Apr 03, 2017
hmmmn! I comment my reserve
Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by Philistine(m): 5:46am On Apr 03, 2017
Ounje ile oga ni owuro! grin grin grin grin grin grin poverty na bastard!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:50am On Apr 03, 2017
modath:

Naija bloggers!! Fabricators per excellence! smiley

That's not fabrication...This one is good sef....The one that was given to my sister when she finished learning hair dressing was worse than this. Iffa hear say we do anything. We gave the lady 20k, let whatever wants to happen let it happen.Rubbish. NA my sister head she wan use take plan wedding.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by Desammyst(m): 5:51am On Apr 03, 2017
I wouldn't want to believe this, but if its true, then it means the recession is really biting hard on the tailor.

Maybe, he/she is tryna save up for the next generation, and other generations to come.

SMH

8 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by modath(f): 6:00am On Apr 03, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

That's not fabrication...This one is good sef....The one that was given to my sister when she finished learning hair dressing was worse than this. Iffa hear say we do anything. We gave the lady 20k, let whatever wants to happen let it happen. Rubbish. NA my sister head she wan use take plan wedding.

Did you look at it closely? Do a calculation? I'm a woman, I go to the market on the regular, what you are looking at on that list is give or take ...300k+-

20 meat pie? From Tastee or Tantis? Really? 3 cartons of milk ? For what?

I've seen some outrageous lists in my time but this is a Joke! I still call bull!!

P.S, Maltina made 2 entries, 2 crates & 6 crates. wink

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by ZirdoRoray(m): 6:06am On Apr 03, 2017
Nigerians and their backward Mentality. To free an apprentice, you should make them do lots of skillful works in that line of trade before giving them freedom.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:06am On Apr 03, 2017
modath:

Did you look at it closely? Do a calculation? I'm a woman, I go to the market on the regular, what you are looking at on that list is give or take half a million naira....300k+- , Really? 3 cartons of milk ? For what? Unless it's just a bargaining step...

I've seen some outrageous lists in my time but this is a Joke! I still call bull!!

..... and me I'm telling you now that this is nothing compared to what was given to my sister....When asked what it was for,the lady said it's for the Association and market people and she mentioned some other people too. And I was like ,"so you want to use my sister's head to​ feed people's family in the name of freedom eh".

That's what this yoruba people do in the name of "freedom". Believe it or not.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:08am On Apr 03, 2017
modath:

Did you look at it closely? Do a calculation? I'm a woman, I go to the market on the regular, what you are looking at on that list is give or take ...300k+-

Look at the numbering of the Maltina and you'll see it falls under different categories. That means it's for different set of people

15 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by ZirdoRoray(m): 6:08am On Apr 03, 2017
modath:

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by stane007: 6:11am On Apr 03, 2017
the full list

1 Like

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 03, 2017
Joke of the century. April fool I guess

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:11am On Apr 03, 2017
ZirdoRoray:
Nigerians and their backward Mentality. To free an apprentice, you should make them do lots of skillful works in that line of trade before giving them freedom.

This is not a Nigerian thing but a Yoruba thing. What the igbo people do for freedom is set up a shop for the apprentice ( I might be wrong tho) but I know the Igbos don't demand this kind of things for freedom....

Maybe to come and knock door for wedding grin

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by eleko1: 6:18am On Apr 03, 2017
sad onijekuje, alatenuje ni oga ransoranso yi.Ewo ni owo oga oga after the first oga? which one be 30 wraps of fufu?is the madam iya Ijebu?

17 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by meezynetwork(m): 6:24am On Apr 03, 2017
This is outrageous. This one pass Igbo bride price

1 Like

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by franklynsunny(m): 6:26am On Apr 03, 2017
Na traditional wedding

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by modath(f): 6:29am On Apr 03, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

..... and me I'm telling you now that this is nothing compared to what was given to my sister....When asked what it was for,the lady said it's for the Association and market people and she mentioned some other people too. And I was like ,"so you want to use my sister's head to​ feed people's family in the name of freedom eh".

That's what this yoruba people do in the name of "freedom". Believe it or not.

I am Yoruba, I've seen lists.... My opinion on this particular list remain unchanged... wink

8 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by Buharimustgo: 6:41am On Apr 03, 2017
So where will the trainee get money to buy all that?She wants to make sure she returns all the money she stole in case she did it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 03, 2017
.Some posters above are already debunking the obvious fact forgetting that most people here have either lived or still living in some parts of South West and should have knowledge of most of your cultures

My mechanic was once a victim of these practices and his senior servants are still facing the same challenges

another poster quickly name it (April fool) ...propagandists everywhere

7 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by sarrki(m): 6:58am On Apr 03, 2017
Not bahd
Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by sarrki(m): 6:58am On Apr 03, 2017
eleko1:
sad onijekuje, alatenuje ni oga ransoranso yi.Ewo ni owo oga oga after the first oga? which one be 30 wraps of fufu?is the madam iya Ijebu?

Kodewa ribe oooo

4 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 03, 2017
ZirdoRoray:

It's not a Nigeria thingy...each geographical region with unique life style

in this regard, Igbos offers a soft landing for an apprentice by helping to finance not just h/her freedom but assisting the apprentice to get established after serving the agreed number of years with their masters

meanwhile, the list of items required for marriage in Igbo land can be said to be on the high side while Yorubas might not request half of it from a suitor, so it's vis-veser

Housas in the other way round would frustrate you with religion

28 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by krozay(m): 7:09am On Apr 03, 2017
After u pay for everything on that list NA to marry the tailor's daughter be dat

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by LordOfNaira: 8:01am On Apr 03, 2017
modath:
Naija bloggers!! Fabricators per excellence! Making up "stories" since 14 AD! smiley

Fabrication ke.

I have a cousin who learnt tailoring. She came to my office one morning and brought the list. Obviously, she was running around to gather the money. The list was ridiculous: crates of eggs for alaga, crates of eggs for Oga agba, this for aladura, that for aladura agba. This list is even small. I think I even saw something like industrial sewing machine on my cousin's list. I told her it was exploitation of the highest order but she told me she must do it or they won't let her have a shop of her own.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by Goldenheart(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2017
cry even the gods can't demand this angry

4 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by POpikin: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2017
OK the list is good

Nairalanders pls see what Jamb did to me o am so hopeless right now
https://www.nairaland.com/3719720/see-what-jamb-did-nairalander
Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by sunnyside16(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2017
kuku kill the apprentice na........nonsense

1 Like

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by money121(m): 8:37am On Apr 03, 2017
youngest85:
Dis one don pass afonja dowry list sef

Afonja dowry or flat head own grin grin

3 Likes

Re: List Of Things Lagos Tailor Demands From Apprentices Before Their Freedom (Pic) by henrydadon(m): 8:38am On Apr 03, 2017
this cant be real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nose Piercing, Waist Beads A Turn-on For Me (photos) / Men Deceiving Ladies With Fake Six-Pack Abs / Nadinne Bruna Blinded After Surgery To Change Her Eye Colour Goes Wrong (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.