Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? (1550 Views)

When Two Designers Made Your Shoe / Do You Know Your Shoe Size Can Tell Your Age? (see This) / When You Use Your Tithe To Buy New Shoe (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Namio1(f): 10:59am On Jun 03, 2005
It happened to me! Allow me to give you the gist.........

I was nominated for an award and was called to recieve the award. On the faithful day, I was so happy and trust now, I had to look good for the occassion.

To cut the long story short, when I was called up to recieve the award, I got up and started walking down the aisle (unfortunately for me, I sat at the back-to draw attention to myself) and all eyes were on me as I walked down. When I was almost in front of the stage, the heel (very high one for that matter) of one of the pair of shoes I was wearing broke!  Ha! I almost died. At first I was not sure of what had happenned but then, it dawned on me.

I will not tell u what I did or what happenned there after until I get your take on what you would do if tou were in my shoes.

What would you do if u were in my shoes?
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Seun(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2005
Men are great: we do not wear high-heeled shoes, and we are not obsessed with our looks. grin

Sorry o!
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by dominobaby(f): 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2005
Imagine that! shocked Once bitten, twice shy!

My heel once pulled off my way back home and thank goodness, it was in the evening and I was with a friend so I just sorta hopped home stylishly wink. Another good thing was that I was just a couple of streets away from home.

Now, if I am to face an audience, I will really scrutinize the slippers [I]well well.[/I]
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Ra(f): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2005
seun:
Men are great: we do not wear high-heeled shoes, and we are not obsessed with our looks. Sorry [I]o[/I]! grin

Did I hear you say men are not obsessed with looks? Speak for yourself sir.

Now, my dear sister, in your shoes (well, not the broken one), I'll freeze for a second and most probably turn it into a comedy by removing the offending shoe and staring fixedly at it, shrugging it off or something, just make the audience laugh and go get my award with my shoulders high.

But to tell you the truth, that shoe must have warned you the last time you wore the pair. I would never go anywhere without thoroughly checking out my heels (I love high shoes as well) unless of course I'm driving, but even then.

At least you live to tell the story, so I'm guessing you survived.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by tayotina(f): 11:23am On Jun 06, 2005
smiley If it had been me, I would have removed the other pair and walked bare-footed to receive my award. But Tayo, can you really do that?
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by hotpikin(f): 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2005
Na mi o:

It happened to me! Allow me to give you the gist.........

I was nominated for an award and was called to recieve the award. On the faithful day, I was so happy and trust now, I had to look good for the occassion.

To cut the long story short, when I was called up to recieve the award, I got up and started walking down the aisle (unfortunately for me, I sat at the back-to draw attention to myself) and all eyes were on me as I walked down. When I was almost in front of the stage, the heel (very high one for that matter) of one of the pair of shoes I was wearing broke! Ha! I almost died. At first I was not sure of what had happenned but then, it dawned on me.

I will not tell u what I did or what happenned there after until I get your take on what you would do if tou were in my shoes.

What would you do if u were in my shoes?
lol! i know myself...if that kinda stuff happens to me, i'll just cooly remove the shoes, smile and go get my award
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by pkrix(m): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2005
What else would one do? You cannot disappear. If you could that was the best thing to do. I cannot disappear myself cos I am not a spirit; so, I would just pick the heel and walk away. Mature people in our country would understand. (45 yrs we are)
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by lufe4u(f): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2005
Christ! i can imagine how it felt that day... of all days? not when u are coming from a party, or from work, from service, AWARD NITE for that matter. I don't know what i would have done myself... will almost wish the ground open & ..... but anyway, i will just brace up, collect the award and off i go.... won't wait a nanosecond more
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by kemmy(f): 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2005
If na me.... woman or no woman,I go just remove the two shoes, go collect the award.Who something as bad as that never happen to make e come carry me go police station.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Seun(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2005
Thank you, kemmy. I think the reason why some people get embarassed over such things simply because they know that if it happened to someone else, [I]they[/I] (sitting in audience) would see it as a big deal.

I don't see it as a big deal. Is your heel broken? Then start [I]hopping[/I]! grin
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by kemmy(f): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2005
Yes o!You are what you feel......
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by pounds(m): 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2005
men that is a great thing if iwere u.i will never mind dat shoe.maybe since u bought dat shoes,u never gave de shoe a day to rest so the shoe is angry wit u.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by hotangel2(f): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2005
oh, that ain't a big deal. It happened to me before, i took the shoe off and went to get my stuff (it wasn't an award, it was just a plastic bag). Anyways, i wanna know what you did.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by pkrix(m): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2005
What would she have done but to pick the heel and walk out of the crowd shamefacedly.

Or at best, forget about the heel and still walk out of the crowd less shamefacedly.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Ra(f): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2005
pkrix:

What would she have done but to pick the heel and walk out of the crowd shamefacedly.

Or at best, forget about the heel and still walk out of the crowd less shamefacedly.

Forgive me but why shamefacedly at all? She didn't ask for the shoe to misbehave and well... she didn't make the shoe and it's not a reflection on how inexpensive the shoe was or any such thing. Just last Wednesday; I was walking home from work (I quite enjoy that) on a very busy road, smack in the middle of the city centre and my heel snapped. Imagine... all suited up and all. It was just my very 2nd time of wearing the shoes and they were bought from no less than the acclaimed city of fashion itself, Milan. I felt like going back there to rant and rave but that will only be crazy not to mention penny-wise pound-foolish. What did I do? I naturally had to forget about walking home for the next 30 minutes even though the weather was gorgeous. I laughed and believe me, every other person who noticed what had happened couldn't stop laughing either. Some even came over to see if they could help. Luckily, a colleague was just driving past and volunteered to give me a lift home.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by anugirl(f): 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2005
undecided
well dats not a big deal,Iwould remove de other one confidently n go get my award
Afterall no be say i shit 4 body!
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by IAH(f): 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2005
If such a thing happens to me, It will be as if the ground should open up and swallow me. I will just get out of the hall to start crying and asking God Why?Why?Why did you bring me shame on my day of glory?cry
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by babadudu(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2005
IAH:

If such a thing happens to me, It will be as if the ground should open up and swallow me. I will just get out of the hall to start crying and asking God Why?Why?Why did you bring me shame on my day of glory?cry

woaw, all that just because your heels broke? Why not just remove the other shoe, get your award, and even joke about how anxious you were to receive the award that you broke your heel.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by anugirl(f): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2005
IAH:

U shouldn't get embarrassed over such things girl (it could happen 2 anyone).Instead of crying n showing people ur weakness, its better u go get de award with ur head up.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Greatpeter(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2005
Go forward bare footed and collect your award with your head lifted high not shoulder now.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by gina34(f): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2005
well something like dat happened to me at a wedding. it was terible cos i was one of the bridal train and it happened when the bridal train and the couple are coming into the reception hall wht i did was to remove the shoes and am sure everybody noticed i felt like dying. but i had to do it.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by nike4luv(f): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2005
o god lemme think..i will freeze dere for a minute and maybe sit down and take de shoes of and collect my thing..but i'll be feeling like crying lol..happened loads of time..i just freeze
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Latoya(f): 4:11am On Aug 08, 2005
hummmmmm this story is very common with d ladies,especially does that wear heels.
If i was u,i will just take the shoes off and walk to the stage to collect my award.
or i will remove the heel to the other pair shoe as well so it will be come equal and i can wear it as a simple slippers wink
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by GUNNER(f): 1:34am On May 24, 2006
curse dat broken heel/sole

dont give a phuck bout dem large audience tongue

just accept da award with head held high grin
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by diddy4(m): 6:15am On May 24, 2006
it has happened to me before shaa. but it was the sole of my damn shoe that went haywire. and just like u. i acted a drama and won best male actor. it was in high school and big boys usually stay at the back but that faithful day, i was in front(thank goodness) when i heard my name, as i was walking up to collect my award with eerone looking at me, i took few steps forward and was in the middle of everything, all eyes where on me cuzz i was also a prefect. let me reach the stage, i took one step forward and my sole left me. i actually walked for 2 seconds before i noticed it. i stopped, looked down saw what happened, looked behind me and saw the silly sole lying there. some people were giggling but i know send person. i removed the other one, and picked both of them up, went to the side and dropped it then i went to the stage wearing only socks and collected my award.

shame no dey for this kin thing ooo, carry shame put for back pocket, go and take your award jare. wetin concern people with your shoe.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Ddii(f): 9:08am On May 24, 2006
hmmn
oh my !
i'l faint first, wake up and-------then-----faint again (these would happen in seconds, though)
BUT; there's no turning back so, i'll take both shoes off and glide gracefully to the stage to collect my award.

what type of shoe is it that u wore, anyway?!
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by furlee(m): 10:03am On May 24, 2006
I will stop at that spot, signal to the people on the podium to give the award for some minutes, see if I can fix the shoe. If I can not, I'll remove the shoes and walk bare footed to collect the award.

I have won the award, my name has been announced and so the breaking shoe cannot remove the award from me.
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by LiLTaM(f): 10:45am On May 24, 2006
hey um cheesy dat made me luagh so since im 11 i can get way with anything so i would first take my shoes off then go up recieve the award n make a joke about it then luagh then i would ask if i can call my mum and ask her to bring me up a new pair of shoes cheesy simple as that
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:46am On May 24, 2006
Re: The heel/sole of your shoe breaks in front of a large audience?What will you do? by mukina2: 11:53am On May 24, 2006
well i dont wear high heeled shoes or slippers cuz am tall, but if that happens to me. i'll run

(1) (Reply)

Kronky's Top Ten Reasons / He Isn't Even Ur Father: Funny / Loff Of My Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.