Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

3 Things We Never Believed Nigerians Could Do - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Things We Never Believed Nigerians Could Do (353 Views)

10 Crazy Things We Do During Examination Period / 3 Things To Do To Make Your 2017 UTME Registration Faster And Stress Free / 3 Things People Do On Their Wedding Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Things We Never Believed Nigerians Could Do by Thepasserby(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
Times have indeed changed. Despite the fact that Nigeria has been recently ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world, I think we are gradually loosing our patience.

While growing up, there were things we only saw in movies or read about in books. These things were alien to Nigerians because we believed no matter what happens, a Nigerian will never do them.

1. Committing suicide
I stand to be corrected. I think there is no country with citizens as patient as Nigerians. We are die hard survivors who can adapt to almost anything within some days. No matter the weight of our problems, Nigerians initially believed commuting suicide will not solve anything.

Today, maybe due exposure to the outside world, people have started taking their own lives. Some have attributed it to depression and the current economic condition of the country.

2. Terrorism
To be sincere, the only time I heard sounds of explosion was either when am watching an American movie or my friends light up a banger during Christmas. No Nigerian will initially think of terrorism as a way of religion or service to God.

3. Becoming sexually perverted
No comment on this one.

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com

(1) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Kid Accepted Into All 8 Ivy Schools / Economics Vs (accounting With Professional Examination Like Ican,acca). / To Whom It May Concern.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.