Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,406 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Between Jesus And Mohammed! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Jesus And Mohammed! (12417 Views)

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad / Christians,scholars,-what Was The Age Difference Between Jesus Nd John D Baptist / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2009
Jesus made those who were blind to see. [Luke 18:35-43]
Mohammed put out eyes to make men blind. [Bukhari 8.794]

Jesus made those who were lame to walk. [Matt 9:2-8]
Mohammed cut off feet to make men lame. [Bukhari 8.794]

Jesus healed withered hands. [Matt 12:9-13]
Mohammed cut off hands. [Bukhari 8.795]

Jesus saved an adulterous woman from stoning. [John 8:1]
Mohammed stoned women for adultery. [Muslim 17.4194]
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by iriskit: 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
These differences are parrallel they don't meet at all.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2009
ride on Jesus.U re too much.Thats y he laid down his life on calvary&he didnt even kill anybody.Jesus even prayed for his enemies&those dat crucified him.He is a prince of peace&not prince of war
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Sike(m): 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2009
Islam is all about DISCIPLING. Everything in life has a Rule which must be Adhered to.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by DeepSight(m): 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2009
. . . But Moses is a Bible prophet as well, no?

Did he not advocate stoning women to death for adultery?

Who gave Israel the Mosaic Law, complete with all its babaric and violent injunctions. Moses, no?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by nuclearboy(m): 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2009
DeepSight:

Moses ministered to people who had a slave mentality after being treated like animals for 400 years. I'm sure you can find allegories to that in the present day. Wild, cruel and unreasoning, such usually believe in taking whatever they wish with the use of violence. You're like advocating for serial killers in todays world to be slapped on the wrist and told to go and sin no more. The laws he gave them would have[b] forced[/b] some sort of order. Remember that the same source of your information also details how often these same people rebelled even after seeing some things many of us would give our front teeth to have experienced.

I believe you treat malaria, typhoid and Cancer with different medication. Those guys Moses dealt with had an as yet undefined HIV virus in their psyche
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by DeepSight(m): 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2009
^^^ This is an unfair presumption against the Jews of that time.

If your presumption is true, how come there were many good men amongst them, such that God could make some priests and prophets?

Also it needs to be said that the recalcitrance you referred to is inherent in the whole of humanity even TODAY.

So no excuse.

Barbaric laws are barbaric, lets call a spade a spade.

Must you really strive to rationalize every thing within the bible that is unsalutary?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2009
Deepsight.Pls think deeply b4 posting.The topic is btw JESUS&MOHAMMED. Guy y involve moses? Did moses offend u? Ok i will start a topic on moses,so we can talk about him
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Krayola(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2009
Deep Sight:

^^^ This is an unfair presumption against the Jews of that time.

If your presumption is true, how come there were many good men amongst them, such that God could make some priests and prophets?

Also it needs to be said that the recalcitrance you referred to is inherent in the whole of humanity even TODAY.

So no excuse.

Barbaric laws are barbaric, lets call a spade a spade.

Must you really strive to rationalize every thing within the bible that is unsalutary?

deepsight. .  I would love to believe that u're much smarter that this ^^  cry cry

2009 is not the same as 1000+ BCE.  Some things that were acceptable then would not be today. Life isn't abstract philosophy. , Think in REAL WORLD. . please.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by DeepSight(m): 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
Toba - i know its about Jezy and Mohams. But the reality is that the OP is trying to make bible-chistianity appear higher than quoranic-islam.

So its also about the bible and the quoran.

And the fact remains that there are gazillions of bible prophets who were peddlers of Violence, urged on by the the SAME God, who Christians worship, called Yahweh.

Is it not strange that that God is said to be the same yesterday, today and forever, and yet introduced so many changes between the Old and New Testaments?

Does this not tell you something?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by DeepSight(m): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
Krayola:

deepsight. . I would love to believe that u're much smarter that this ^^ cry cry

2009 is not the same as 1000+ BCE. Some things that were acceptable then would not be today. Life isn't abstract philosophy. , Think in REAL WORLD. . please.

Are you suggesting to me that there was no such thing as human mercy or consideration even at that time?

EVEN FROM A SUPPOSED MAN OF GOD? ? ? ? ? ?

Also - If that defense applies to Moses, then it should apply to Mohammed!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by nuclearboy(m): 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2009
You think I am rationalizing everything that seems to you "wrong"? No Sir, I'm not. What I'm trying to do is offer another way of looking at situations that would show "directed" justice rather than the blood thirstiness many wish to ascribe to God. Another allegory I could give here relates to how inmates are treated in "Americas hardest prisons". Would you accept/expect such treatment for residents of say, Ilorin or Manchester City? AS Krayola says, lets think REAL. The situations ae different. And its not like Moses raped or tortured for personal gain, is it?

@toba:

Apologies. There is no basis for comparison and I daresay you ought have compared Paul or Peter (not CHRIST Jesus) to Muhammad.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Krayola(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
Deep Sight:

Are you suggesting to me that there was no such thing as human mercy or consideration even at that time?

Not as defined today. Mercy may have meant slaughtering 500 instead of 2000.

Deep Sight:

EVEN FROM A SUPPOSED MAN OF GOD? ? ? ? ? ?

Since when did you decide what God should permit in what time and space?

Deep Sight:

Also - If that defense applies to Moses, then it should apply to Mohammed!

It should!! And I've said than several times on this forum. (Except when I'm responding to Abuzola in the only language he understands b grin )
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by DeepSight(m): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2009
Krayola:

Not as defined today. Mercy may have meant slaughtering 500 instead of 2000.

LOL! ! !

Since when did you decide what God should permit in what time and space?

Cutting off hands and stoning women in whatever age AS THE LAW seems a tad lower than a Transcendental being sitting above time and space, don't you think?

Or maybe Yahweh was not transcendental. Maybe he is merely a Jewish pagan deity.

It should!! And I've said than several times on this forum. (Except when I'm responding to Abuzola in the only language he understands

Good! This is the point! If any bible prophet can be defended, then there is no basis for attacking Mohams as those same defenses whould apply to him.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by nuclearboy(m): 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2009
I think you ought look at motives for "cruel" acts when considering Mohams and Moses. Moses never did any of the things you accuse him of for personal gain or in lust . And would you say you've not watched/heard of cases of child molesters and wished you had them tied up in front of you with you holding a few as yet uncreated implements of torture. I have! Whist not God, I think it fair that He'd ask for some criminals to be cut off from the midst of "civility".

Finally, 2 - 3000 BCE does seem ancient and thus barbaric compared to 700AD.

Still, I've been known to suggest some of Moses laws were scary and thank God I wasn't around then
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
@nuclearboy.I never compared jesus to any1 cus its an insult for me to do such.If God could av handed total power in heaven&on earth to(matt 28 vs 18) a man,how then can he be compare with anybody except God? After God comes jesus no1 compares to him
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by nuclearboy(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2009
@toba:

My apologies. Your suggestion to DeepSight made me infer (wrongly, I see) that it was you that started this thread and was making the comparison. I have realized my error
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by KunleOshob(m): 9:57am On Dec 28, 2009
@Post
There is simply no basis for comparission.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by osaromike: 10:44am On Dec 28, 2009
na who be mohammed sef? na the muslim god wey get many wives?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by muhsin(m): 12:27pm On Dec 28, 2009
The OP sounds hilarious. grin grin grin

Christians are drastically becoming funny and funnier everyday. They will tell you that Jesus (pbuh) is a god/God today, tomorrow a demigod and next tomorrow a prophet.

We Muslims generally believe Muhammad (pbuh) is no more than a Prophet sent by his Creator, given a revelation, i.e. Qur'an. . .the story goes this line.

Please be more rationale. cool
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2009
muhsin:

The OP sounds hilarious. grin grin grin

Christians are drastically becoming funny and funnier everyday. They will tell you that Jesus (pbuh) is a god/God today, tomorrow a demigod and next tomorrow a prophet.

We Muslims generally believe Muhammad (pbuh) is no more than a Prophet sent by his Creator, given a revelation, i.e. Qur'an. . .the story goes this line.

Please be more rationale. cool

Jesus is more than a prophet. Hes God, hes a prophet, a teacher, a king and lots more than u think.I can authoritatively tell u that jesus will never cease to be called any of the names i mentioned till eternity by all christians.

toba:

@nuclearboy.I never compared jesus to any1 cus its an insult for me to do such.If God could av handed total power in heaven&on earth to(matt 28 vs 18) a man,how then can he be compare with anybody except God? After God comes jesus no1 compares to him

God almigthy even elevated jesus because of humility see philipians 2 vs 5 to 9. it is clearly written what God did therein

To me jesus will for ever and ever be a king of kings lord of lords, i am that i am, a prophet of all prophet till the world ceases to exist
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2009
For those of you who understand Yoruba language, relate my statement to those who do not:

Eyin ode ido. You think that Muhammad (AS) is not the leader of Jesus? Muhammad led Adam, Enoch, Noah, "Ibarhim" "Moses" "Angel Gabreil" in prayer. Jesus was among them, praying behind Muhammad the "Beloved" of Allah!

Muhammad said "I am the best of MankinD." Ane he said it, it was not as a means of arrogance, but a fact of the reality of what God created. If Muhammad were to have arrived when Jesus your human god (darn pagans) was preaching the Gospel, he would have no choice but to follow Muhammad as a disciple or companion!

Allah says of all the messengers and prophets [jesus son of mary among them] before Muhammad (AS) that there was a covenant of oath taking from them, whereby they were commanded and their acceptance that they will aid the "Messenger of Allah" who will come after them, if he arrives in te time of their prophetic office and messengership! This was the reason Muhammad said that if Musa were to be here now, he will have no choice but to follow me. Same reason Jesus said a Comforter shall come to reveal/guide/lead to all things.

While you boys are deluded with scanty miracles of Jesus and thereby you at awe of him so much you called him god, Muhammad not only perform many of eye miracles, at least three times! Jesus did it on nameless person. Muhammad did it on Ali bin Abitalib, and two other companions. While Biblical Jesus cant stand behind his own statement of "I do not bring peace but war or sword (if sword you wanna use, its fine with me, the reason he asked people to buy swords), when push comes to shove, he cant make good of his statement.

But Muhammad allows revenge, or payment or the biggest of all mercy that one man can show another; total forgiveness without seeking any profit/favor from any man. Muhammad forgave the jew lady in Madina who poisoned him. Show me what is a parallel that Jesus did to this Jewish woman's wholesale mercy from Muhammad!

And how dare you compare Muhammad to any of the deniers, betrayers, weak in faith that surrounded Jesus, or even the ever changing eunich saul Paul whatever! There is none of the true sahabah (RA) that is not better in faith than the half believers you people follow!

Arifin ile yagbe!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2009
It is Muhammad (AS) not Muhammaed. Big difference!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by DeepSight(m): 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2009
olabowale:

Muhammad said "I am the best of MankinD." Ane he said it, it was not as a means of arrogance, but a fact of the reality of what God created.

The "best of mankind" led the way by sleeping with a 9 year old girl repeatedly. . .? ? ? ? ?

O please, Sir Olabowale. Let's not even be having a laugh.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Krayola(m): 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2009
Deep Sight:

The "best of mankind" led the way by sleeping with a 9 year old girl repeatedly. . .? ? ? ? ?

WHERE did u get that info from?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2009
olabowale:

For those of you who understand Yoruba language, relate my statement to those who do not:

Eyin ode ido. You think that Muhammad (AS) is not the leader of Jesus? Muhammad led Adam, Enoch, Noah, "Ibarhim" "Moses" "Angel Gabreil" in prayer. Jesus was among them, praying behind Muhammad the "Beloved" of Allah!

Muhammad said "I am the best of MankinD." Ane he said it, it was not as a means of arrogance, but a fact of the reality of what God created. If Muhammad were to have arrived when Jesus your human god (darn pagans) was preaching the Gospel, he would have no choice but to follow Muhammad as a disciple or companion!

Allah says of all the messengers and prophets [jesus son of mary among them] before Muhammad (AS) that there was a covenant of oath taking from them, whereby they were commanded and their acceptance that they will aid the "Messenger of Allah" who will come after them, if he arrives in te time of their prophetic office and messengership! This was the reason Muhammad said that if Musa were to be here now, he will have no choice but to follow me. Same reason Jesus said a Comforter shall come to reveal/guide/lead to all things.

While you boys are deluded with scanty miracles of Jesus and thereby you at awe of him so much you called him god, Muhammad not only perform many of eye miracles, at least three times! Jesus did it on nameless person. Muhammad did it on Ali bin Abitalib, and two other companions. While Biblical Jesus cant stand behind his own statement of "I do not bring peace but war or sword (if sword you wanna use, its fine with me, the reason he asked people to buy swords), when push comes to shove, he cant make good of his statement.

But Muhammad allows revenge, or payment or the biggest of all mercy that one man can show another; total forgiveness without seeking any profit/favor from any man. Muhammad forgave the jew lady in Madina who poisoned him. Show me what is a parallel that Jesus did to this Jewish woman's wholesale mercy from Muhammad!

And how dare you compare Muhammad to any of the deniers, betrayers, weak in faith that surrounded Jesus, or even the ever changing eunich saul Paul whatever! There is none of the true sahabah (RA) that is not better in faith than the half believers you people follow!

Arifin ile yagbe!

dnt start with your insult again, if u want to teach u must not be abusive as a muslim

If Muhammad is the best of mankind fine, but jesus is better than him.Jesus is the firstborn among the dead(1corinthians chapter15). Rem every one will die and face judgement so jesus is still his senior

Why do muslims put SAW after mohammads name? becos he has no honour. Jesus has more than honour, he has power to do and undo but didnt destroy or commanded any form of jihad which was given to him by mohammads creator read (matt 28 vs 18) and also colossians 1 from vs 13 down

Jesus is also mohammads senior becos of humility. now read what God did to him becos of that Philipians 2 from vs 5

Theres no basis for comparism Jesus is super Human

Just google jesus the son of God, more things will be revealed to u

Mohammad could have been the best of mankind during his time, but before he was created jesus was there See Genesis 1 vs 26.God said lets make man in OUR image.Jesus was part of the word OUR, as God couldnt be refering to angels as they are not human.IN john 1 from vs 1 downward this was what happened in Genesis 1

Like i said to u on another thread u have your opinion others have theres. U said your own which hav quoted, Now is my turn.

TO ME ACCORDING TO BIBLICAL FACTS JESUS IS SUPERIOR TO MUHAMMAD AND MOHAMMAD HIMSELF KNOWS THIS FACT
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ancel(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2009
Between Jesus and Mohammed? shocked shocked shocked

(puts on his torchlight) what is that between Jesus and Mohammed? O, I see it now. . . between Jesus and Mohammed is the substance in that awning gap between eternal life cheesy and eternal death cry, the one that separated the Rich man from Lazarus in Jesus' story cheesy grin grin
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by IbrahimB: 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2009
@toba

Jesus is more than a prophet. Hes God, hes a prophet, a teacher, a king and lots more than u think.I can authoritatively tell u that jesus will never cease to be called any of the names i mentioned till eternity by all christians.

God almigthy even elevated jesus because of humility see philipians 2 vs 5 to 9. it is clearly written what God did therein

In one sweep you contradicted yourself!

Or was I the only one that noticed this? 
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by mccloud224(m): 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Jesus made those who were blind to see. [Luke 18:35-43]
Mohammed put out eyes to make men blind. [Bukhari 8.794]

Jesus made those who were lame to walk. [Matt 9:2-8]
Mohammed cut off feet to make men lame. [Bukhari 8.794]

Jesus healed withered hands. [Matt 12:9-13]
Mohammed cut off hands. [Bukhari 8.795]

Jesus saved an adulterous woman from stoning. [John 8:1]
Mohammed stoned women for adultery. [Muslim 17.4194]

Dude,

Nice post.What do you have to say about the holy crusades that led to spreading christianity at your door step?Do you know how many people died during the spread of the "gospel"?

I'm justing laying off my two pieces (coz i don't dig the differentiating of religion like it matters).Both have had their fair share of blood shed (and still do).The US has "IN GOD WE TRUST" as their motto yet they spend drones to bomb innocent people sleeping in their homes (labelled suspect terrorists).

Think about it for a sec. . .by the way. . .i am Christian.Don't get me twisted.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
Ibrahim.No contradiction.John1 vs 1-7 justifies the first part of my post which u quoted.d same word(God) became flesh(jesus)&was given birth by mary luke 1 vs 35.All happened so u wouldnt call God a magician if he throws jesus without being born of a human.Now GOD seeing jesus as a replica,gave him charge of heaven&earth.So this justifies d 2nd post u quoted.Ibrahim no contradictions at all.These are biblical facts with relevant verses for doubters.If u hav anything against it in quran,post d verses to butress ur claim,like i did with d bible
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 1:16am On Dec 29, 2009
If Muhammad is the best of mankind fine, but jesus is better than him.Jesus is the firstborn among the dead(1corinthians chapter15). Rem every one will die and face judgement so jesus is still his senior
First born today? where are his younger siblings? Liar!And jesus will not face judgement you say? I wonder if he really said "my GOD, my GOD, why has thou forsakened me"? Does that sound like a person who will not face Judgement, to you? I have many more quotes to remind you that Jesus, of his own power he can do nothing!

Why do muslims put SAW after mohammads name? becos he has no honour. Jesus has more than honour, he has power to do and undo but didnt destroy or commanded any form of jihad which was given to him by mohammads creator read (matt 28 vs 18) and also colossians 1 from vs 13 down
Muslims also put SAW after Isa bin Maryam's name, same reason we say SAW for Muhammad!. So, too are Adam, al the way to Yahya bin Zakariyya (SAW). Jesus asked for swords, or he didnt? I hope you know that swords are for killing and the likes? Or was it for decorations? Matt was not written by a known author, but some persons with no name, or ashamed of giving out the real name. Colossians? You ust be kidding. These are for the defense of Biblical Jesus? Weak, man.

Jesus is also mohammads senior becos of humility. now read what God did to him becos of that Philipians 2 from vs 5
Jesus didnt say it. It was the statement of deluded weak ignoramous.

Theres no basis for comparism Jesus is super Human
Super human. Human is human. And every human is human and none is but mortal. Am happy am human, and Jesus may be super, but a human anyhow! He is not a ruler or anything and Judge of the day of Certainty is Allah, alone.

Just google jesus the son of God, more things will be revealed to u
i know better. God has no son. There is no reason for Him to have any. So your argument is weak, since it serves no tangible function.

Mohammad could have been the best of mankind during his time, but before he was created jesus was there See Genesis 1 vs 26.God said lets make man in OUR image.Jesus was part of the word OUR, as God couldnt be refering to angels as they are not human.IN john 1 from vs 1 downward this was what happened in Genesis 1
I have stated "the best of mankind" meaning from Adam and it will only end when the last man already had lived. Jesus is somewhere here inbetween or is he not a human? Silly argument from Toba. I forgot you have gods looking like humans. We know how Jesus looked; you and I. Now what is the look and measurements of father, or ghost? What is the form of the ghost? I hope he also has an image according to your god's lets create man in "our" own image? which part of man is the image of ghost? LOL. Father must be human. ghost must be human. read your entry. its laughable.

Like i said to u on another thread u have your opinion others have theres. U said your own which hav quoted, Now is my turn.
My statement is from Allah, while yours is from a no name author. So there is the sign for Truth and yours lie!

TO ME ACCORDING TO BIBLICAL FACTS JESUS IS SUPERIOR TO MUHAMMAD AND MOHAMMAD HIMSELF KNOWS THIS FACT
using falsehood as yardstick does not work, because you will get is falsehood.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by jcross22: 2:18am On Dec 29, 2009
@olabowale, JESUS AND MOHAMMAD ARE IN-COMPARABLE WE CAN JUSTIFY THAT BY THE PEOPLE THEIR LEADING I MEAN THE PEOPLE THAT FOLLOW THEIR RELIGION. THEN TELL ME WHY FARUQ ABDULMUTALLAB WANTED TO BOMB AN INNOCENT BODIES ON THAT PLANE OR ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE MUJAHEDEEN OF THE AL-QUEDA ARE NOT PROFOUND MUSLIMS AND WHY SUNNIS AND SHITE IN IRAQ ALWAYS GIVE THEMSELVES AND HEAD COLLUSION LIKE A BULL , THOSE CHARACTER POSSESS BY MUSLIMS HAVE BEING IN THEIR BLOOD INHERITED THROUGH THE RELIGION FROM MOHAMMAD AND THE ACT BEING SUPPORTED BY THE BOOK OF THE POEMS MUSLIMS ARE CARRYING ALL ABOUT . MR OLABOWALE WHAT IS WRONG IN BAUCHI RIGHT NOW AND WHY ARE THEY FIGHTING EACH OTHER IN IRAQ BETWEEN SHIITE SUNNIS THIS IS KIND OF PEACE INTROUCE TO THE WORLD , PLEASE DON'T COMPARE THAT LEGEND OF DOOM WANNBE PROPHET ANABI MOHAMMAD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! / Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.