Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Kobe Or Wade? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kobe Or Wade? (3615 Views)

SHOCKING!.. Manchester United Striker, Wayne Rooney Lays Out Wwe's Wade Barrett / Is Michael Jordan Words To Kobe Bryant Manifesting Already / Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2007
I'll take Wade. Just an amazing player. Kobe is the 2nd best SG in the NBA, but Wade has surpassed him. Amazing all round player.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2007
BUMP
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by bluenubian(f): 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2007
yeah wade has come so far, plus he has more personality, kobe seems sooooo boring!
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by muinat(f): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2007
i will go with wade, he helped miami won the last playoff. kobe is just some boring guy
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2007
Smart girls we have on this site
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by muinat(f): 7:30pm On Jan 23, 2007
sharetroll:

Smart girls we have on this site

thanx
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by kobe(m): 12:17am On Jan 24, 2007
I'll take Kobe, it takes a helluva player to outscore an entire team through 3 quarters.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 12:26am On Jan 24, 2007
kobesosimi:

I'll take Kobe, it takes a helluva player to outscore an entire team through 3 quarters.

Who approved your green card?
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by kobe(m): 1:22am On Jan 24, 2007
Lol, Senate Approves Immigration Reform Bills on Amnesty, Green Cards, Exemptions, Border Agents and More

To become a legal permanent resident, an alien must first be admitted as an immigrant. (see the underlind title below for information on how to become admitted as an immigrant)
There are two basic methods for obtaining an immigrant visa:
Through family relationship with a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, or
Through employment

What is the process for obtaining an immigrant visa?
If you want to become an immigrant, you must go through a three-step process:
The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (previously INS) must approve an immigrant petition for you, which is usually filed by an employer or a relative for you
A visa number, through the State Department must be immediately available to you, even if you are already in the United States. If you receive an immigrant visa number, it means that an immigrant visa has been assigned to you.
If you’re already in the United States, you may apply to adjust to permanent resident status after a visa number becomes available for you. (If you are outside the United States when an immigrant visa number becomes available for you, you must then go to your local U.S. consulate to complete your processing.)

Hope that helps?
p.s. I knew what you were implying. but some sly posts deserve sly responses.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 1:27am On Jan 24, 2007
Stick to the topic please? Why would you take Kobe other than being a homer. Give a rational and logical response, please
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by kobe(m): 1:42am On Jan 24, 2007
Its kindling to make a mockery of someone the likes of you

Stick to the topic please?
I couldn't help it when you brought up the issue of green cards(which didn't stick to the topic)
Since you wanted to know, I provided some information on the process of becoming a permanent resident in the U.S.A
Yet you fault me for it :

Why would you take Kobe
For the similar reasons why you picked Wade
other than being a homer.
So, is it safe to assume that you were being a homer when you picked wade?
Give a rational and logical response, please
Rational & logical enough for you?
Besides, if you provide a rational reason why picked Wade, I might up you by providing a "rational" reason why I picked Kobe.

Here's your reason for picking Wade so far
I'll take Wade.  Just an amazing player.  Kobe is the 2nd best SG in the NBA, but Wade has surpassed him.  Amazing all round player.
Comparable to my reasons, but not quite.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 2:02am On Jan 24, 2007
Whether you like it or not (and I'm tired of hearing you whine about officiating in the finals), Wade got it done. He had a historic performance in those finals, averaging 35 a game. He clearly benefitted from having Shaq around and taking a lot of double teams, but he got it done, and you can't take it away from him. The road is littered with guys who gagged in those situations.
Kobe, on the other hand, quitted in the second half to just get out of the first round. And its not like he's playing with a bunch of slugs either. Odom draws his share share of defensive attention
Another reason I prefer Wade is because I tend to prefer players who don't feel the need to take too many shots. It tends to make a team function better when no one player dominates the ball too much. His ability to use Shaq effectively is also a skill in itself. I really doubt if a player with the mentality of an Kobe or an Ivy would use Shaq (not Prime Shaq, see: 2003-04 Finals) as effectively.
And overall, I just think he does more things for you on the court, including boarding.
Kobe is extremely talented, but I don't believe he is as likely to help a team win as Wade. And like I said, with Wade, its not iffa, coulda, woulda, He did it as a leader.

Sign this POWERFUL post.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by kobe(m): 2:30am On Jan 24, 2007
Whether you like it or not (and I'm tired of hearing you whine about officiating in the finals),
For one, I am not "whinning" as you put it, and secondly, the posts in the other topics were not about the finals alone.
And Why do you bring up those posts into this conversation lets discuss that on the other thread.
Wade got it done. 
He had a historic performance in those finals, averaging 35 a game.
I'm glad we almost agree on something, granting he got significant help from the whistle-dogs.
He clearly benefitted from having Shaq around and taking a lot of double teams,
Oh yeah thanks I almost forgot to add that Shaq contributed.
but he got it done, and you can't take it away from him.
No, it wasn't one on five, the "team" got it done. 
The road is littered with guys who gagged in those situations.
I wouldn't call it littering of the road as you put it. Oh, and how did they "gag"
It's more politically acceptable if you state that they weren't "clutch" in those situations, in fact try saying it to their faces that they "gagged" in those situations, you'd probably get slapped.
Kobe, on the other hand, quitted in the second half to just get out of the first round.
You remind me of a Charles Barkley, he accused Kobe of something similar to this, and he appologized for it after being confronted by none other than the man he was accusing, "Kobe"
You see, its much easier to say things behind peoples backs than to their face.
And its not like he's playing with a bunch of slugs either.
Its not like he was playing with a bunch of all star caliber players like Wade was, right?
That my friend goes a long way in explaining why they weren't able to hold the "3-1" lead in the first round. Miami had those people.
Odom draws his share share of defensive attention
you'll agree not as much as Shaq right? Shaq does make things easier, I won't deny it.
Another reason I prefer Wade is because I tend to prefer players who don't feel the need to take too many shots.
I guess we have different tastes right? We're all different after all.
It tends to make a team function better when no one player dominates the ball too much.
More often than not - yes, you're right, but Phoenix is successful, and Nash dominates the ball. You're not going to tell me that's different are you? lol.
His ability to use Shaq effectively is also a skill in itself.
I'm sure Kobe used this skill very proficiently when he had shaq
I really doubt if a player with the mentality of an Kobe or an Ivy would use Shaq (not Prime Shaq, see: 2003-04 Finals)  as effectively.
Speculation, worth dismissing, if, coulda, woulda, mighta, shoulda.
And overall, I just think he does more things for you on the court, including boarding.
Lol which boarding? boarding house abi wetin? J/K - Teams have different tastes, I can say the same for Kobe in terms of defense.
Kobe is extremely talented
I'll let him know  but I don't believe he is as likely to help a team win as Wade.
[/quote]
Omg, I mean another speculation, sorry to burst your bubbles, but Jerry Buss doesn't seem to 'care' for your 'belief,' its his team after all right(with some other owners)?
[quote]And like I said, with Wade, its not iffa, coulda, woulda,  He did it as a leader.
Really? Shaq wasn't a leader? Neither was mourning? If by scoring more you mean leader I mean what do you mean leader, I don't understand. Where's the proof?

Sign this POWERFUL post.
How do you expect me to? It's lackadaiscal at best IMO. see my reasons above.

p.s.: are these your reasons for liking wade? I mean just like Wade for his game. Don't base your reasons on what another player does(cough kobe)
fyi: I like Wade's game too he's got skills.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by Free(f): 2:57am On Jan 24, 2007
d wade ;d ;d
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 3:03am On Jan 24, 2007
These are the reasons why I think Wade is the BETTER player. Wade is a great rebounder for his height. He averaged more boards than Kobe last year, despite Kobe gaining 3 inches on him.

I can't go through all your points b/c some of them are mind-boggling. But, Wade ability to play w/o the ball is why I ultimatly I favor him, not for merely being a homer. OK, Maybe I'm  a little bias

half troll/half sane
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by kobe(m): 3:34am On Jan 24, 2007
These are the reasons why I think Wade is the BETTER player. Wade is a great rebounder for his height. He averaged more boards than Kobe last year, despite Kobe gaining 3 inches on him.

I can't go through all your points b/c some of them are mind-boggling. But, Wade ability to play w/o the ball is why I ultimatly I favor him, not for merely being a homer. OK, Maybe I'm  a little bias

half troll/half sane
I could continue pouting off at your posts but enough with our blabbering @ each other.
But I must say, I never thought I'd witness you mature before my eyes. I revel it. This is perhaps the most suitable post of yours I've read in a while.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 3:37am On Jan 24, 2007
I try to be a troll and realist at the same time.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 3:38am On Jan 24, 2007
Wade 4 Kobe 1 I should've just made an official poll
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sykboi(m): 5:31pm On Jan 27, 2007
Maine dont listen to that dumbfuck KObesimosis or wat eva his name is he is seriously trippin Kobe doesnt want to accept that his partner left him and after that won a championship and he cant bare tha fact that Gilbert arenas is makin the game so hot and is begining to take his spot slowly so hes taking shots at him and tryin to make him respond.Kobe is a looser but he is a marvelous player but dwayne just comin into the nba and being the mvp ?come on he has to get props for that
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by kobe(m): 7:42am On Jan 28, 2007
@ the above poster, your email address has revealed to me that you're a kid, so I'll let your onlinsults go.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by Pomoh: 11:14am On Jan 28, 2007
Wade is good but kobe as went through alot of scandal in is career.i think could bring some short in is career
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sykboi(m): 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2007
You could bring up the fact that im alittle bit younger than you so wat the main thing is that at ur age u still reason like ma little brother and u wont accept the fact of kobe being a looser and is fading away easily.Wade is the hottest thing around and kobe is just a player who makes points but is not exciting anymore when dwayne is on the court there is adreneline in everybody and the whole games is alive while kobe is just selfish.So the matter of ma age is just messed up and a low ass excuse wink
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by harpo(m): 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2007
wat ar u guys talkin about off cos i will pick kobe ova wade, dis is a guy (Kobe) who left a court house came to the basketball court joind d game and stil out shind everyone. Kobe helpd lakers to two titles dont forget that
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2007
If jumping into people and throwing your arms up is the sign of a good player, then yes Wade is better. Thanks to the refs., Dallas got robbed.

If we're talking about basketball, Kobe is better and it's not close. Wade has 1 championship which we're not sure he deserved, Kobe has 3.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by BlackMamba(m): 2:50am On Feb 16, 2007
No offense to Wade hustling his way into prominence in a highly dilapidated Eastern conference, but please stop this bone headed comparison with Kobe. No matter your off the court hatred for 24, all you Wade apologists know that "flash-in-the-pan" can't touch the man Kobe.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:17am On Feb 18, 2007
K-O-B-E

wade is a very good player and when the time comes he'll definitely be up there
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by jgirl3: 7:34am On Feb 18, 2007
KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!! His team would soon play against my team but still I prefer him.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by kobe(m): 5:00am On Feb 23, 2007
Wade needs some lessons, I mean whatever happened to "fall 7 times, stand up 8", more like "fall 7 times get wheeled off once."
A wheel chair? for a shoulder injury,
"He should have toughened up on the play where he got injured.  Instead, he cried like a little girl, and went off on a wheelchair even though he was capable of walking."

I don't think it was the pain, maybe he cried because he didn't get to shoot a free throw.
did they call a foul on him? if not they should have. I mean he clearly hit the guy.

--------------------------------------------------------
Here's wade crying.

Where was Tim Hardaway?
He could've improved his image among the gay community by giving Wade CPR as a precautionary measure.

In an early morning interview Wade was asked how his left shoulder was doing:
Wade's reply: "My right shoulder is just killing me"
When pointed out that he just commented on the wrong shoulder, Wade gave a quick turn to someone behind the curtain and said "baby can you handle this", as quick as a "flash" David Stern appeared with a strange white substance hanging from his chin, he quickly ended all interviews.

The player who dislocated Wade's shoulder was suspended 15 games without parole for his attack on Wade, to honor wade, the entire heat staff will rub his iconic wheelchair before each game for luck.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by bluenubian(f): 5:10am On Feb 23, 2007
not funny mehn undecided

i feel bad for the dude
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by BlackMamba(m): 1:08am On Feb 24, 2007
I've always liked Wade as a nice young man, but very concerned with his "reckless abandon" style of play which will cut short his playing career if he doesn't tone it down. There is a big difference between pure skill (Kobe) and hustle play.
I hope he goes for the season ending surgery. My Knicks needs all the help we can get to sneak into the playoffs.
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2007
BlackMamba:

I've always liked Wade as a nice young man, but very concerned with his "reckless abandon" style of play which will cut short his playing career if he doesn't tone it down. There is a big difference between pure skill (Kobe) and hustle play.
I hope he goes for the season ending surgery. My Knicks needs all the help we can get to sneak into the playoffs.

So tell me, Are you implying Wade is only good b/c of his of his hustle plays? If you are then you are truly an idiot, and you've lost all credibility. . .and when you are looking to devalue a player/team, please do not bring up the Knicks. . . .
Re: Kobe Or Wade? by sharetroll(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2007
kobesosimi:

Wade needs some lessons, I mean whatever happened to "fall 7 times, stand up 8", more like "fall 7 times get wheeled off once."
A wheel chair? for a shoulder injury,
"He should have toughened up on the play where he got injured.  Instead, he cried like a little girl, and went off on a wheelchair even though he was capable of walking."

I don't think it was the pain, maybe he cried because he didn't get to shoot a free throw.
did they call a foul on him? if not they should have. I mean he clearly hit the guy.

--------------------------------------------------------
Here's wade crying.

Where was Tim Hardaway?
He could've improved his image among the gay community by giving Wade CPR as a precautionary measure.

In an early morning interview Wade was asked how his left shoulder was doing:
Wade's reply: "My right shoulder is just killing me"
When pointed out that he just commented on the wrong shoulder, Wade gave a quick turn to someone behind the curtain and said "baby can you handle this", as quick as a "flash" David Stern appeared with a strange white substance hanging from his chin, he quickly ended all interviews.

The player who dislocated Wade's shoulder was suspended 15 games without parole for his attack on Wade, to honor wade, the entire heat staff will rub his iconic wheelchair before each game for luck.

You could tell Kobe to stop raping little white girls. . . . .no wonder he's regarded in being in mental distress. . . . .the guy is confused, first he says he's Italian, then he says he's part Asian, LOL. . .

Cry me a river me, Kobe. . . . .

Few points here:

1) The arena you posted this pic was the America Airlines Arena. . . . . . .I thought Wade was injured in Houston, LOL

2) It doesn't look like Wade was crying to me. . . . .as opposed to Kobe

3) It wasn't Wade's decision to use the wheelchair. It was team doctors and trainers decision. You are just another troll who hates Wade because he destroyed your team at one point in time or another. I'll take team doctors opinion over some 13 year old troll on a message board. Now get your backpack, and get on the short bus to diaper school.

Honestly, I thought you were more mature than this. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Imagine U Are The Coach Of This Girl / Kevin Prince Boateng Side Lost To Borussia Monchengladbach / The Secret Message Behind The 2014 World Cup Logo(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.