Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) (34698 Views)

Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City / Work Ongoing At Anambra Airport, Umueri (Video) / Ongoing Anambra International Airport City Project: 3-D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by investnow2013: 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
World Exclusive: Anambra Airport City Project To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday - Obiano
04 APRIL 2017

WRITTEN BY UCHE NWORAH
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state has said that the Umueri Airport City Project which will be flagged off on Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 will be among the best and biggest of such Airport City projects in Africa.
Governor Obiano speaking exclusively with the Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) was elated at the socio- economic prospects the project located at Umueri in Anambra East Local Government Area will bring to the State. "Ndi Anambra should brace themselves for a whole new world of economic opportunities and possibilities. The project will bring jobs, promote tourism, encourage investments in power, housing, healthcare and other sectors not just for the surrounding towns but for the whole state". "The value chain of a mega project like this when operational in three years, will triple the Gross Domestic Product of Anambra state". Governor Obiano said.

The Anambra Airport City Project is conceptualized as both a passenger and cargo airport. The key partners have set up a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) - Anambra Airport Infrastructure Company Ltd (AAICL) for the project. The partners are Anambra State Government through its investment vehicle, Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA), Orient Petroleum, Elite International Investment Ltd and China Aviation Planning and Investment Ltd.

http://www./forum/world-exclusive-anambra-airport-city-project-be-flagged-tuesday

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by investnow2013: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
Umueri Airport City Takes Off Soon
The Umueri airport city project is expected to formally kick-off on April 11, 2017, with a formal flag-off ceremony to be performed by Governor Obiano.

When completed the Umueri airport city is expected to feature the following: dual runways of 3.8km and 3.4km each, with the necessary taxiways and adequately sized Aprons; Passenger and VIP Terminal Building and Air Traffic Control (ATC) Tower; Airport Cargo Sheds; Aircraft Maintenance Hanger; Aviation Fuel Dump and Dispensing Facilities; and Fire Building and Fire Service Tower.

Other key highlights of the airport city include: Five Star Airport Hotel and Conference Center; Aviation Training and Catering Services Buildings; Airport Multilevel Car Parks; Airport Recreational Areas; International Mega Shopping Mall; and Luxury Retail Shopping, China Wholesale Depots, among others. Cc: Lalasticlala

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Igboesika: 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
GOD BLESS IGBO NATION. I PASSIONATELY LOVE THIS.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Chiboyz40(m): 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
Nice one

31 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by fabuloz1(m): 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
A good development indeed!
God bless ANAMBRA state cool

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by saintneo(m): 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
so otuocha will get its recognition.

8 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by eyeview: 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
Any state embarking on this project should do a very thorough feasibility studies. An airport project is a huge capital investment and sadly, most of the proceeds of the venture goes to the federal govt.
Meanwhile,where exactly is this umueri? Is it umuleri?

6 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by sremmlyf(m): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
I don't know why i love anambra with passion! Proudly #Alor london

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Karlman: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
will the nigerian allow it to have an international status

5 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Young03(m): 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
Good for them
Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by LoveMachine(m): 8:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
JISIKE!
Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by ruggedized1: 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
Osetigo for real.. cheesy

This will be Nigeria's busiest airport after Lagos and Abuja.

Anambra adigo mma.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by realhumanity: 8:08pm On Apr 04, 2017
Having a passenger and cargo airport will boost the economic activities in the state and reduce the dependency on other regions. The airport will also be used as the regional fuelling for international flights which make it another stop for international travelers moving from Asia or middle east to the Americas. This is why Orient Petroleum is very interested in investing in the airport project.

With the location of this airport in umueri, the state government is trying to open the fourth economic hub in the state apart from Onitsha, awka and Nnewi. This will make Agriculture have a face and we will not have to go to MM airport to export agricultural products. It will make it fresh and always ready for export.

Anambra is getting there, other states in the east will get it right soon, I pray.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by nonsobaba: 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2017
Wawa people of enugu state who have never hidden their distaste about Anambra getting its own airport, as that severely threatens the continued viability of their over-hyped airport, will be saddened by this news.

Another masterpiece from the working Willie. He will make history as the governor who finally materialized a world-class airport in Anambra.

Anambra leads, others follow.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Emycord: 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
God bless willie

12 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by afonjaninja: 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
Yes i endorse this Anambra should have a chanel to the world by Air and water we deserve it and economy can support it cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Emycord: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
nonsobaba:
Wawa people of enugu state who have never hidden their distaste about Anambra getting its own airport, as that severely threatens the continued viability of their over-hyped airport, will be saddened by this news.

Another masterpiece from the working Willie. He will make history as the governor who finally materialized a world-class airport in Anambra.

i am from anambra state a true son of the soil . Hate to say this but you are very very very very stupid even if you come from my village you will die premature for what you just posted. I dont mind being banned . GOD BLESS IGBOS ALL OVER THE WORLD

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by OMANBALA1: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
nonsobaba:

Kedu ife melu iji kwuo udili ifea? Osolu oyi na nti.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by eponoloyin: 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
Airport my foot..Fulani grazing land is what they want to harness. Who gave them such permission

Obingo should try anyhow and see anyhow like Ortom
Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by realhumanity: 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
nonsobaba:

If you had kept quiet, you would have made more sense.

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by OMANBALA1: 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
Emycord:
i am from anambra state a true son of the soil . Hate un say this but you are very very very very stupid even if you come from my village you will die premature for what you just posted. I dont mind being banned . GOD BLESS IGBOS ALL OVER THE WORLD

Guy,chill out. It has not gotten to that.
A lot of Igbos from Enugu and Imo has this seated resentment for Omanbala but I cant take that out on all the states. Its ok.
Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by OMANBALA1: 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
saintneo:
so otuocha will get its recognition.

The airport is not in Otuocha. Remember Otuocha was the reason for the Umuleru and Aguleri crisis and after everything the land was given to Aguleri. The planned airport will be built in Umuleri . Stop calling it Otuocha airport because its not in Aguleri land.

UMULERI OKE EBO!

6 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by ezenaija(m): 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
Did Willie throw in this because of the election coming up in a few months?

4 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Ikechu10: 8:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
nonsobaba:

Trying too hard to create animosity between igbos una self deluded yourself exist

Aboki or Afonja, try harder. You coming off looking like an ediot

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by nonsobaba: 8:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
Emycord:
i am from anambra state a true son of the soil . Hate un say this but you are very very very very stupid even if you come from my village you will die premature for what you just posted. I dont mind being banned . GOD BLESS IGBOS ALL OVER THE WORLD
LOL. If u were God.

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Emycord: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
OMANBALA1:

A lot of Igbos from Enugu and Imo has this seated resentment for Omanbala but I cant take that out on all the states. Its ok.
and you think saying that on a public forum in the presence of our enemies will solve it. And when dey say we hate each other how will you respond? How do the states you mentioned see this project with love or hate after reading ur post are we anambra guys so perfect? Are all the north always in agreement. How are the individuals you have sentiments against responsible for the lack of airport in anambra? The fg is responsible for it. Am sure most guys who will be happy for this news will not be all from anambra state. Pls tender apologies to them my brother what said is not good if we continue like this how do we deal with outsiders

40 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by nonsobaba: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Hapu that daft. If u have known me on nairaland, then u know I have do not hesitate to say it as it is. The opening of the world-class Anambra airport spells doom for their over-hyped airport in enugu. As for Imo airport, that one is not even in the game at all, so I don't understand their animosity towards the Anambra airport project.

2 Likes

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
nonsobaba:
[s]Hapu that daft. If u have known me on nairaland, then u know I have do not hesitate to say it as it is. The opening of the world-class Anambra airport spells doom for their over-hyped airport in enugu. As for Imo airport, that one is not even in the game at all, so I don't understand their animosity towards the Anambra airport project[/s].
Oboy we don't need this here, in your have any score to settle with your Enugu babe here is not the right place, please stop showing animosities towards other eastern states because of few, we need unity in Igbo nation, a tree can't make a forest

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
ruggedized1:
Osetigo for real.. cheesy

This will be Nigeria's busiest airport after Lagos and Abuja.

Anambra adigo mma.

2017 SWOT Analysis: Ingredients for the New Start-up State

[b] Wealth creation in the world will continue to be driven by skills and technology. Old money –based on brick and mortar – especially derived from low value-adding activities (rents, primitive accumulation, informal/underground and criminal economy, and wealth from primary commodities) will continue to suffer rapid destruction and replacements. As mega cities emerge; populations moving faster than before, and ICT/ robotics replacing much of human labour, only those who PLAN, and continuously innovate and adapt will survive.

Is Anambra fit for purpose to prosper in the evolving world? Anambra state, with 4,887 sq km of land mass, is Nigeria’s second smallest state (after Lagos state— It also has the second highest population density after Lagos state. With 60% urbanization rate (again, second only to Lagos), Anambra will, over the next 50 years, no doubt become one mega city—with a population approaching 20 million! It is strategically located to become a commercial and industrial hub—with boundaries with the North through Kogi, South-South through Delta and Rivers, and the South East through Abia, Imo and Enugu.

Its latest population estimate is over 5 million (10thmost populous state in Nigeria). It is estimated however that over 50% of Anambra indigenes (perhaps more than another 5 million people) live outside of the state— in other states in Nigeria as well as outside of Nigeria (all constitute the Greater Diaspora), whereas the state attracts a diversity of immigrants from all over Nigeria and the world. Anambra is indeed a home for all. In literally every village, ‘non-indigenes’ are becoming a significant share of population at home— especially those hired as security guards, and Okada drivers. Onitsha, Nnewi, Ekwulobia, Otuocha, Ihiala, Umunze, Awka, etc. have become rapidly urbanized. In 2006, I asked if there were white people living in Anambra as an index of a modernizing state. Today, not only are there several foreigners but Chinese are fast making Anambra a home, with estimated over 400 of them in the state. There are now several institutions in Anambra where Chinese language is taught to thousands of enthusiastic Anambra people.

Anambra’s GDP was estimated at US$13.5 billion as at 2014 or about 3% of Nigeria’s GDP. If Anambra were a country, its GDP would rank about 122 in the world or about 24th in Africa (out of 54 countries). Anambra’s economy is probably 4th among the states – after Lagos, Abuja, and Rivers. Currently the majority of the population are engaged in distributive trade, agriculture, transport and services, real estate and construction, micro, small and medium industries, mining, financial services, and other services (health, education, law, etc.). A friend once joked that an average Anambra person is born with a B.Com (Bachelor’s degree in Commerce) in reference to the famed entrepreneurial acumen of the Anambra people. Onitsha was and perhaps still is, the largest commercial market in West Africa. The natural resources include: natural gas, Crude oil, Bauxite, Kaolin, Salt, Gypsum, Lead, Lignite, Limestone, Iron ore, is arable for Oil palm, Corn, Rice, Yam, Cassava, Tomatoes, cocoyam, etc. Tourism potentials remain untapped. Adult literacy is over 80% and there are five universities (soon up to seven), a polytechnic and two colleges of education in the state.

A noteworthy feature of Anambra state at the moment is that it is a net exporter of capital. A large proportion of its most talented/skilled indigenes live outside of the state, while a larger proportion of invertible capital is deployed outside of the state. Poverty incidence in Anambra used to be the lowest mainly because of remittances by its Diaspora. Access to bank credit is relatively low. For example Anambra has the 4thlargest bank deposit (after Lagos, Abuja, and Rivers) but the size of bank loans granted to businesses in Anambra is a very small proportion of the deposits [/b]

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
nonsobaba:
[s]Wawa people of enugu state who have never hidden their distaste about Anambra getting its own airport, as that severely threatens the continued viability of their over-hyped airport, will be saddened by this news.
[/s]

Nwoke eji Ubulu gi gwu ji

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umueri Airport City Project In Anambra To Be Flagged Off On Tuesday (Photos) by Lajet: 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
nonsobaba:

Something is wrong with you

42 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

David Hundeyin Accuses Ukraine Of Committing War Crimes Against African Students / How Gbagi Women Took Up Road Repairs In Abuja / Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.