Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki (19864 Views)

Photos From Monalisa Chinda's Marriage Introduction / Monalisa Chinda And Segun Arinze At Food Fair Event In Abuja (photos) / Monalisa Chinda Supports Desmond & Wife At House Of Assembly Inauguration (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Enjoyment1(f): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2009
As the year winds down, people would either be counting their losses or gains. But among those who have stepped up big time is Monalisa Chinda.

Having separated from her husband, Dejo Richards, this beautiful Glo ambassador is having a roller coaster with herself as she has moved to an eye popping, well furnished duplex at highbrow Lekki phase 1.

There is no better way of celebrating the Yuletide and we guess her voice will drown other voices in church when she would be thanking God in appreciation of his goodness for the previous year and the one ahead.

Somebody shout halleluyah!

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=12167&z=11
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Enjoyment1(f): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2009
Monalisa Chinda

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Enjoyment1(f): 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2009
I just hope it is not one sugar daddy that is helping her out in this case.
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Otobroto(f): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2009
Enjoyment1:

I just hope it is not one sugar daddy that is helping her out in this case.

I wonder why all these celebrities do not last in their marital homes. How long does she thing she can last unmarried? When the money was not there, she and her husband where living happily at Ajangbadi, but since the advent of GLO Ambassador, she has now grown wings. I know the husband too has blame, but of what use is her new found status (maritally).

She forgets one thing, so long both of them liveth, they are still married in the sight of GOD. There is no divorce in GOD'S lexicon.
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Otobroto(f): 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2009
Monalisa

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Otobroto(f): 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2009
Monalisa

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Otobroto(f): 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2009
Another shot!

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Otobroto(f): 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2009
Another of her shot!

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Oboma1(m): 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
One of Nollywood fastest rising actresses, Monalisa Chinda, on February 20th 2008 christens her new born baby at her Maryland, Lagos home. The beautiful actress is married to Segun, a young man from Yoruba land, South-West Nigeria. The baby girl is to be known as Tamar Irejesu.
She was very delighted as she told us that if she comes back to this world she will still get married to Segun.She described the heavenl gift as a blessing from God.

Some of her friends in the movie industry such as Uche Jombo and Tracia Eseigbe were at the ceremony.UK based Kween Onokula, was also at the event. She came with a male ‘friend’. Mona’s friends such as Chichi Iwuanyawun, Ifeoma Mazeli and her sister, Nneka,were also at the event
Monalisa studied Theatre Arts at the University of Port Harcourt,River State.She has played noticeable roles in movies such as Blind Obsession, Pregnant Virgin and Girls in the Hood.

Here are some more pics from the event all courtesy of Niyi Tabiti

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Oboma1(m): 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
She and her ex-husband.

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Oboma1(m): 9:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
How can this love now go sour? Something is actually wrong with their affair, which they just cannot tell Nigerians. I remember she once said, their marriage is made in Heaven. So what happened?
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Oboma1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2009
This is where Monalisa Chinda now stays at Lekki.

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Oboma1(m): 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2009
ABOUT MONALISA CHINDA’S ALLEGED ROMANCE WITH LEKKI BIG BOY

Nollywood diva and one of the lucky showbiz personalities favoured in the Globacom Ambassadorial project, Monalisa Chinda, is allegedly said to have moved to a new lover’s abode in Lekki, Lagos. Also that the two personalities have been sighted on a number of occasions at Southern Sun, a popular hospitality haven in Lagos.

The rumour which has been spreading like wildfires, we gathered, is been distributed by some certain authorities, accusing finger, though, i s pointed to Dejo, her erstwhile husband and father of her baby. The sources alleged the sultry actress to have even been rolling in the hay with this Lekki big boy (name witheld) before the story of her marriage break up saga became a public knowledge.

Though, Mona as she’s fondly called by friends and fans is yet to comment on the real reasons her marriage collapsed, her friends, however, are said to have advised her to restraint herself from any media interview or otherwise.

The ugly rumour about her new affair, according to some of her friends, is baseless and it’s an attack of calumny on the beautiful screen goddess. “Mona doesn’t even have time for such now; she has been working on so many scripts. Right now as we speak, she’s far away from us where she’s shooting a movie and she won’t be through until in 10 days' time.“ We were told.

Attempt was made by this office to reach the mother of one daughter, Monalisa to comment on this issue and she said she didn’t have time for such issues and that “right now I am working. And as an Ambassador of Glo much is expected of me and I need to deliver so as to be on top of the game in Nollywood.” These were her words.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/5965/2/about-monalisa-chindas-alleged-romance-with-lekki-.html

Monalisa & her Baby

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Oboma1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2009
Monalisa Chinda and her bodyguards

Last Updated: 12/13/2009 6:30:19 AM

Monalisa Chinda

Who is after Nollywood star, Monalisa Chinda? She is now going around to events and premiers with an entourage which serve as her bodyguard. Recently, the actress has been seen at many events with a group of ladies who are neither actresses nor celebrities but who guard her so much that they won’t let anybody get too close.

However, the actress seems to be relishing the whole attention she is getting since her marriage break-up became public and now after weeks of keeping mum over the incident, she has gradually opened up and is ready to tell all.

Could it be that the comfort of having those drum-waisted ladies around her is making her so safe she can finally talk? Curiously, even when she is talking about her crashed marriage, the stern-faced ladies are always by her side maybe to offer succor.
Whatever may be her reason, the actress is actually living it.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/6289/4/monalisa-chinda-and-her-bodyguards.html

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2009
Here are pictures from Monalisa's last birthday party.[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2009
Birthday Pix.

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2009
Another Pix

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2009
Why are you tapping current from another man's ex-wife? grin grin grin
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2009
I will not blame you. After all, ex-wife meets another's ex-husband. Free for all, Shekinah!.
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2009
Monalisa

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2009
Monalisa's Pix

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2009
Another picture

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2009
Picture from her wedding.

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by selingel: 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2009
Monalisa again.

Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Enjoyment1(f): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2009
Oboma1:

This is where Monalisa Chinda now stays at Lekki.

I hear that she has been seeing this guy, even before her marriage crumbled. Can we say, this contributed to her crashed marriage? Eventhough she has come out to deny it.
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Enjoyment1(f): 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
She is not the only one that has experienced crashed marriage as a celebrity. Here is a summary of crashed marriages:

How Money, Infidelity Destroy Marriages In Nollywood0 comments
By Clint
Posted on 26 Dec 2009 at 11:05am

Monalisa Chinda
It is no longer news that most marriages involving Top Nollywood actresses have hit the rocks for one reason or the other. While a lot have been speculated on why these marriages fail, a recent investigation has revealed that top on the list are money and infidelity as well as quest for sexual satisfaction and the search to maintain the high profile bestowed on them by stardom which has led many of them into marriages of convinence and most times, they jump out of the relationship as soon as they go in.

Some of the victims of the broken marriages include:

MONALISA CHINDA
Hers is the latest marriage break up in Nollywood. It was alleged that the reason for the break up of the marriage of the top actress with her ex-hubby, Dejo Richards is money.

According to our source, the Rivers State-born actress, who had particularly been the bread winner of the household could not handle the heat of her wealth, part of which comes as Globacom ambassador and decided to let loose what she has been holding together over the years. Her marriage produced one beautiful daughter.

NGOZI EZEONU
This top actress packed out of her matrimonial home many years ago on account of her husbands alleged unfaithfullness as he dumped her for another woman whom he pregnanted.

It was also gathered that before her husband’s extra marital affair, she had been allegedly linked with a handsome young actor whose bed she was said to be warming.

FRED AND AGATA AMATA
The handsome actor, producer and director and TV presenter and wife, have always served as a case study of Nollywood couple whose marriage hit the rocks as a result of infidelity. Though, they attribute the break-up to irreconcilable differences, a close source has it that the actor terminated the marriage due to the wife’s infidelity while he had also been involved in extra-marital affairs. One of who is a top actress and ex beauty queen.

STEPHANIE OKEREKE
This A List actress is said to be very happy with her divorce as she sees her self as being better of without her ex-footballer husband, Chikelu Ileoanusi.

The reason for their breakup is attributed to financial problems as she took charge of putting food on their table which nearly ruined her financially. Our source also revealed that the screen diva found out that all the stories the ex-hubby told her about himself before they got married were all lies.

ENCHARIA ANUNOBI-EKWU
Although, she wanted her marriage with Charles Ekwu to last, the ex-hubby had other plans as he depended on the actress for his own welfare and that of the family until he was caught red-handed making love to their 13-years-old house girl.

She made the actress to file a divorce suit. Revealing the reason for the dissolution of the marriage, the actress said, “it has not been easy because I have always been responsible financially in sustaining the marriage, we have been living in the house I secured as a spinster even after marriage because of the love I have for him.”

CLARION CHUKWURA
She is one actress who has married two husbands but not with any of them today. She has laid the blame for her failed marriages as the prize she has to pay as an artiste.

According to her, she has realised the fact that men come to them because they are stars and move on immediately they realise that artistes are ordinary people.

CHIEGE ALISIGWE
The breakup of the marriage of this top actress is said to be based on extra-marital affairs. The actress, who was married to a UK-based businessman alleged that the man had other relationships, unable to bear it, she came back to Nigeria to continue her life until she met her second husband last year, an Enugu-based police officer.

SHAN GEORGE
She first got married as a teenager but left the marriage after giving birth to two boys, she later married a US-based guy, Tony Nwosisi, but she later found out that the man was married to another woman who had given him children at the time of his marriage to Shan, so she decided to quit the marriage for good.

Apart, form these actresses who have suffered broken marriages, there are others who are single and eager to hook a husband by all means, they include Ibinabo Fiberesima, Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Dominic, Uche Jumbo, Dakore Egbuson Lilian Bach, etc.

FEMI ADEBAYO AND KHADIJAT
Funke Akindele was on the centre of this crash.Nollywood’s fat rising stars from the Yoruba speaking movies and son of vetran actor – adebayo salami [popularly known as Oge Bello], Femi Adebayo crashed union with his wife Khadijat is most recent. The lawyer turned actor who marriage to pretty Khadijat produced three lovely children saw the marriage crash with allegations of a purported affair with the most sought after Nigerian actress, Funke Akindele, which they have both denied. He sent wife packing from their matrimonial home and refused to take heed by his wife and her parents to work things out

JENIFER ELIOGU AND HUSBAND
Jenifer Eliogu’s marriage crashed months after she delivered her second son where she lost her husband to a Swiss woman and their apartment at lekki. The 5-years-Old marriage produced two kids who now live ain the Ikeja metropolis after her husband who is an international businessman purportedly moved to Switzerland finally to be with his Swiss wife.

HILDA DOKUBO AND KARO MBRAKPO
The speculations are that they have both accused each other of infidelity and Karo Mbrakpo leaving the matrimonial home that was built by actress turned commissioner during ex-Gov. Odili’s tenure – Hilda and now resides in a hotel. Karo, who was initially based in Lagos, was alleged to have been filled with tales of his wife’s activities in Port Harcourt, one which he could no longer handle and Hilda returned the accusations that eventually ended the union.

Source: http://www.nollyzone.com/celebs/how-money-infidelity-destroy-marriages-in-nollywood/
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Angeleyz(f): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
i really couldnt give a rats behind about celebs and their lives. Marriages fail not first wont be the last and it always takes two to tango. i thought Nigerians were ssmarter than this? all this celeb culture is tiresome
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Otobroto(f): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who cares if she moved to Togo. . . .
Silly and daft threads has to stop on the forum. . . . Seun please do something for fuc.k sake!

I have read through this thread and have not seen where it was written that, it was by force for you to comment. If you dont have anything to say, please shut the trap!. The thread is all about the reason why she relocated. Could it be that, the new lover residing at Lekki instigated her divorce? Which has even made her now go about with body-guards. Please get a job or something, instead of talking rubbish!.
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Otobroto(f): 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
Angeleyz:

i really couldnt give a rats behind about celebs and their lives. Marriages fail not first wont be the last and it always takes two to tango. i thought Nigerians were ssmarter than this? all this celeb culture is tiresome

I have always said it, that the live of celebrity can be ignored in western cultures, but not like that in Nigeria. In Nigeria, we have a way of live, which is duplicated in all the cultures in the land. It is a serious taboo in some culture here, to even divorce your husband, talkless of going after a second husband.
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Angeleyz(f): 10:47pm On Dec 27, 2009
wow so remain in a marriage even if it make u very unhappy, bring up unhappy kids, live a lie. sorry i respect culture however i think every single one of us use it to judge and remain hypocrites. it makes us feel better to be able to point at anther a say '' did you hear? ''' did u see?''
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Enjoyment1(f): 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who cares if she moved to Togo. . . .
Silly and daft threads has to stop on the forum. . . . Seun please do something for fuc.k sake!

I would have replied you, but I guess someone has done that already. Always be reasonable in your comments. I expected something more this your vomit.
Re: Monalisa Chinda Moves To Lekki by Otobroto(f): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2009
Angeleyz:

wow so remain in a marriage even if it make u very unhappy, bring up unhappy kids, live a lie. sorry i respect culture however i think every single one of us use it to judge and remain hypocrites. it makes us feel better to be able to point at anther a say '' did you hear? ''' did u see?''

That is the reason why I always tell people to be mindful of whom they marry. Marriage is not all about "husband and wife", but it is all about two different people with different background coming together under agreement to live together forever. I personally tell people to engage themselves in some family history search, spiritually, and physically. There are marriages that one will enter into, and things will work perfectly (though with some very minor shortcomings). There are some that are already doomed from inception. It boils down to the people involved. The foundation of marriage too matters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OAP N6 Calls DJ Lambo A 'Cross-Dressing Smello' After She Slammed Him / #BBNaija's Cocoice Stuns In Native Attire For New Photoshoot / Ushbebe And Wife Annette Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.