Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

... - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (315114 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by jksxxxx: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
kentochi:

no boss 4 months i started on 13th of May with 114 fingerling and added 324 fingerling on 18th of May so far they are giving me hope that in 4 months i will get my capital and good profit.
Note i use foreign feed from day 1.
oga I tried calling you but ur number was off ...see as a Deltan I wanted to give u some advice so you don't lost your money..first mistake you made was using foreign feed for long not that it is not good but if you check the cost you will run at lost ,now the current value of 1kg fish in Delta State is 700naira if it it 2 fishes to a kg it is 590 to 650 naira ...so what I advice new farmers to do since you are doing 500 fishes it is the same amount of feed you use in feeding 500 fishes that you use in feeding around 700 to 900 fishes ..in case of next time here is what you will do to gain
First buy post fingerlings @ 20naira buy 1000 of hybrid which is 20000 naira you will be given 50 mortality
Rent an earth pond for better quality of water between 20k to 30k
Then buy half bag of skretting 0.8mm depending on the size of fish ..
The half bag can take them for 2 to 3 weeks first day give them 4 small peak milk tin cup then increase it as time goes ,note when feeding check and see their response if they are not rushing the feed stop pouring and leave them..why most people waste is because they don't know when to notice of the fishes are satisfied or hungry
So after 4 weeks that is when the real work start .buy skretting 2mm if their sizes are encouraging if not go back to 1.8 or 2gr Allie aqua ..buy one bag that one bag will be enough to feed 1000 fishes or 1200 fishes @ 1montj for around 8 to 10 days and note some days the fishes may not eat so don't stress them when u notice they are not smart starve them for a whole day and notice if they will rush for feed when you pour little into the pond
Now let's say the fishes have consumed 6Bags of foreign feed for 2 months.now stop foreign feed and move to local
The local feed everybody has his own formular mine I make blood meal of about 25k that will give me 3kg wraps in 58 to 60 places and my 2500 fishes eat 6 wraps a day meaning am giving them 18kg feed which is more than 1bag of the normal foreign feed
One advantage of the local feed is that you can decide to make it rich or poor
So with this my calculation you can train 2500 fishes with roughly 420k and get avarage of 1000kg total and a kg is 700 to 780 depending on how big
Also note that at 2 months try and sort the big one from the small one so that the small one can eat well
My greatest mistake in fish farming was going for foreign feed because the cost is much at the end you spend 800k to train 2500 fishes and make 850k total when you plus and minus you didn't even gain for a whole 6 months so for the new farmers go for ur own local feed to cut down cost

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by kentochi(m): 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
jksxxxx:
oga I tried calling you but ur number was off ...see as a Deltan I wanted to give u some advice so you don't lost your money..first mistake you made was using foreign feed for long not that it is not good but if you check the cost you will run at lost ,now the current value of 1kg fish in Delta State is 700naira if it it 2 fishes to a kg it is 590 to 650 naira ...so what I advice new farmers to do since you are doing 500 fishes it is the same amount of feed you use in feeding 500 fishes that you use in feeding around 700 to 900 fishes ..in case of next time here is what you will do to gain
First buy post fingerlings @ 20naira buy 1000 of hybrid which is 20000 naira you will be given 50 mortality
Rent an earth pond for better quality of water between 20k to 30k
Then buy half bag of skretting 0.8mm depending on the size of fish ..
The half bag can take them for 2 to 3 weeks first day give them 4 small peak milk tin cup then increase it as time goes ,note when feeding check and see their response if they are not rushing the feed stop pouring and leave them..why most people waste is because they don't know when to notice of the fishes are satisfied or hungry
So after 4 weeks that is when the real work start .buy skretting 2mm if their sizes are encouraging if not go back to 1.8 or 2gr Allie aqua ..buy one bag that one bag will be enough to feed 1000 fishes or 1200 fishes @ 1montj for around 8 to 10 days and note some days the fishes may not eat so don't stress them when u notice they are not smart starve them for a whole day and notice if they will rush for feed when you pour little into the pond
Now let's say the fishes have consumed 6Bags of foreign feed for 2 months.now stop foreign feed and move to local
The local feed everybody has his own formular mine I make blood meal of about 25k that will give me 3kg wraps in 58 to 60 places and my 2500 fishes eat 6 wraps a day meaning am giving them 18kg feed which is more than 1bag of the normal foreign feed
One advantage of the local feed is that you can decide to make it rich or poor
So with this my calculation you can train 2500 fishes with roughly 420k and get avarage of 1000kg total and a kg is 700 to 780 depending on how big
Also note that at 2 months try and sort the big one from the small one so that the small one can eat well
My greatest mistake in fish farming was going for foreign feed because the cost is much at the end you spend 800k to train 2500 fishes and make 850k total when you plus and minus you didn't even gain for a whole 6 months so for the new farmers go for ur own local feed to cut down cost

Thanks bro

Re: ... by jksxxxx: 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
These are claria brid..and by 4 months u should have average weight of 0.8kg
Re: ... by jksxxxx: 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
My 6 days old broiler

Re: ... by jksxxxx: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2017

Re: ... by jksxxxx: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
.h

1 Share

Re: ... by jksxxxx: 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
jksxxxx:
one of the smallest
Re: ... by jksxxxx: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
.I stocked 125 so far just 3 died due to my carelessness ...I made my own food half bag of feed ,then soya beans fried ,GMC,pic,and cray fish ..hoping to sell at the end of 1 months to get little gain

1 Share

Re: ... by tasho105(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
jksxxxx:
.I stocked 125 so far just 3 died due to my carelessness ...I made my own food half bag of feed ,then soya beans fried ,GMC,pic,and cray fish ..hoping to sell at the end of 1 months to get little gain

From my little experience it's better for you to use commercial feed till the 4wks you selling them off.
Mortality so far is very good but it could get bad with formulated feed.
Best of luck
Re: ... by Emmyxclusive: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
pls @jksxxxx, i need ur advice, am planning on keeping like 100 broilers against xmas, pls can u enlighten me cost from day old till i sell them off? am planning on asking someone around my area to lease me his vaccant small poultry so housing wont be part of it. all i need is money for feeds, drugs and the day old chicks. thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
Emmyxclusive:
pls @jksxxxx, i need ur advice, am planning on keeping like 100 broilers against xmas, pls can u enlighten me cost from day old till i sell them off? am planning on asking someone around my area to lease me his vaccant small poultry so housing wont be part of it. all i need is money for feeds, drugs and the day old chicks. thanks
100 broilers should consume approximately 20 bags in 10 weeks= 20 * 4000 = 80,000
Drugs should be below 10,000
Day old chick= 100 * 160 = 16,000
Miscellaneous = 4,000
Total = 110,000

Cost per chick to 10 weeks = 1,100
Mean expected weight at 10 weeks = 3kg

2 Likes

Re: ... by Turks: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
Could be a lot cheaper if you raise them naturally
EMMAACHILE:

100 broilers should consume approximately 20 bags in 10 weeks= 20 * 4000 = 80,000
Miscellaneous = 4,000
Total = 110,000

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
Turks:
Could be a lot cheaper if you raise them naturally
The difference will be drugs. Organic way is still not that cheap.
Re: ... by Turks: 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
Very cheap bruh. I'm not spending a dime on drugs.
EMMAACHILE:

The difference will be drugs. Organic way is still not that cheap.
Re: ... by jfkenny(m): 2:05am On Jul 13, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Miscellaneous = 4,000
Total = 110,000

Source of heat nko, how many weeks do u provide heat..
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 13, 2017
jfkenny:

Source of heat nko, how many weeks do u provide heat..
Miscellanuous will cover that if he has the charcoal container already
Charcoal bag cost 2000 while 2 bags will be more than enough.
Re: ... by madgoat(m): 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
Approximately how much is a 3kg broiler sold for when there is no festive season ?
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
madgoat:
Approximately how much is a 3kg broiler sold for when there is no festive season ?
Its best sold as dressed weight to eateries or frozen meat stores.
3kg = 2.6kg approx = 2.6 * 900-1000 per kg
= average of 2400 - 2600
Re: ... by madgoat(m): 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Its best sold as dressed weight to eateries or frozen meat stores.
3kg = 2.6kg approx = 2.6 * 900-1000 per kg
= average of 2400 - 2600

Okay, so approximately about N2000 per bird when not dressed. You knw it wont be that easy to sell it dressed and even when dressed, the price might further crash if the farmer is desperate to sell.
I am trying to see the profitability in this broiler, it seems very slim.
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
madgoat:

Okay, so approximately about N2000 per bird when not dressed. You knw it wont be that easy to sell it dressed and even when dressed, the price might further crash if the farmer is desperate to sell.
I am trying to see the profitability in this broiler, it seems very slim.
If you know a frozen meat shop, selling should not be a problem.
Re: ... by madgoat(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

If you know a frozen meat shop, selling should not be a problem.

I think selling it live is more practical and realistic than selling it to frozen meat sellers in lagos especially when not done on massive scale.
How profitable is broiler farming and whats the profit margin like? By the way, i am into some other agric things thats why i have a lot of reservations about selling it frozen. I like being realistic
Re: ... by Geekop: 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
tasho105:

From my little experience it's better for you to use commercial feed till the 4wks you selling them off.
Mortality so far is very good but it could get bad with formulated feed.
Best of luck

I feel u.... Ready made for 4weeks
Re: ... by peterbello(m): 8:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Opposite halims hotel, Ganaja junction
If you need the sales girl number, I will send it.

The only building opposite Halims hotel houses an electronic store. I spent almost an hour looking for Rico Gado feed around there. I ended up buying Amo Byng feed.
Re: ... by tasho105(m): 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
I have been trying to get how profitable broiler farming is too.My first set of 50 birds are 7wks old,birds remaining 41 with 9 mortality.The highest weight is 1.9kg,their weights is not uniform.So how am I sure of getting 3kg at 10wks?

quote author=madgoat post=58423835]

I think selling it live is more practical and realistic than selling it to frozen meat sellers in lagos especially when not done on massive scale.
How profitable is broiler farming and whats the profit margin like? By the way, i am into some other agric things thats why i have a lot of reservations about selling it frozen. I like being realistic [/quote]

1 Like

Re: ... by Smartslim17: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2017
Morning sir/ma, I got my DOC turkey dis morning, nd i administered alceryl plus nd feed immediately, i hope am on d right track, Wat next after dis, pls i need someone to tell me d necessary drug to admister, I mean d vaccination chart (week in week out) . Thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2017
peterbello:

The only building opposite Halims hotel houses an electronic store. I spent almost an hour looking for Rico Gado feed around there. I ended up buying Amo Byng feed.
The next building after where they sell cars. It is the same that was housing the former Nepa office.
Where did you get the Amo Byng feed?
Re: ... by peterbello(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

The next building after where they sell cars. It is the same that was housing the former Nepa office.
Where did you get the Amo Byng feed?

OK, I checked that area too but couldn't locate the shop. I will check again next time. I got the Amo feed at Felele (Vetpro Veterinary clinic) though there's a shop that sells it opposite Muslim community; there's a small plaza beside the dulux paint building.

1 Like

Re: ... by Hollawayn05(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Do you have problem of some not walking on their own? I know Chi broilers that grow so fast have this problems especially when they are six weeks.

MOST broilers have such issue and can be resolved by adding calcium supplement to der feed nor water

1 Like

Re: ... by Hollawayn05(m): 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
Nice work everybody and a big KUDOS to the Op..
am so happy that the future leader of this great nation arent seeing agriculture as a dirty job and are looking into how lucrative it can be even when done on a part time basis...

for all your consultation, booking of day old, and tackling of infectious disease you can freely talk to me..

NOTE: along the pages i saw someone talking about grey/white poo, thats a typical sign of Pullorum disease caused by Salmonella sp,
and can be corrected by antibiotics such as SUlpha drugs, floxaxin, etc

Olatunji Ridwan
poultry Expert
Livestock health technologist
General farm Consultation
08022376900 (whatsapp)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Ozokwelu: 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
Greetings to all, I have been following every chat and I must commend all for the spirit of encouraging and also giving necessary guide to many that need it ! Kudos! !!
I have a female tu r key bird and it can harsh the eggs very well but the problem is that I don't know how exactly to care for the new babies when they are out. This year already i have lost 22 new ones. Please can I equally get help from anyone who can direct me on how to take care of them cos I am not happy losing them.
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
Ozokwelu:
Greetings to all, I have been following every chat and I must commend all for the spirit of encouraging and also giving necessary guide to many that need it ! Kudos! !!
I have a female tu r key bird and it can harsh the eggs very well but the problem is that I don't know how exactly to care for the new babies when they are out. This year already i have lost 22 new ones. Please can I equally get help from anyone who can direct me on how to take care of them cos I am not happy losing them.
You need to apply drugs and vaccines during the first few months

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.