Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide (2782 Views)

Rear Admiral IO Mohammed, Seaman Haruna Goshit Scheduled For Public Hearing / Naval Officer, Seaman Haruna Goshit Calls Out Rear Admiral I.O Mohammed / Navy Admiral Daniel Ikoli Is Dead. He Was Found Dead In His Lagos Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by hinwazaka: 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
Barely seven months after he was promoted from the rank of a commodore to a rear admiral, Daniel Teikumo Ikoli, an officer of the Nigerian Navy, has died in his residence in Apapa GRA, Lagos.He was said to have shot himself in the chest after firing two previous shots that hit the wall and the television set in his house. When THISDAY visited his house in Apapa, it was as quiet as a grave yard, as no soul was found there, although some of his neighbours said his body had since been removed and taken to the morgue.Initially, the navy had suspected it was an assassination attempt going by the deceased’s previous paranoia about assassination threats during his tenure as amember of the arms deal probe.However, after the police were invited and they did a sweep of the apartment and the scene of his death, preliminary investigations revealed that he had shot himself.
Details later…
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/05/former-arms-deal-committee-member-commits-suicide-in-lagos/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6434277034
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Rollsnjaguar(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2017
Really sad, what could have resulted to this?
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by ThundrCork(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
He didn't commit suicide as a junior officer until now. Something ain't right

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
Aww, not good. Baffled

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Alxmyr(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
A rear admiral killed himself?
Jeez!
What's happening in this country?

1 Like

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
hinwazaka:
It's becoming very obvious that the Afonjas have began an ethnic cleansing. I advice all non southwesterners to be very careful from now on. Avoid guns, high rise buildings and especially bridges. Tinubu's ethnic agenda will FAIL

E fit be true

1 Like

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by stephleena(f): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
2017,and suicide..or should be a new method brought by the devil??as in controlled mind.too bad.
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by TheTrueSeeker: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
This story is not adding up..!! Something is missing somewhere.

Initially, the navy had suspected it was an assassination attempt going by the deceased’s previous paranoia about assassination threats during his tenure as a member of the arms deal probe.

How would someone who had raised an alarm of threat to his life now take it himself? To prove what point if I may ask?

That man was simply assassinated and the whole process cleaned out to avoid traces of the culprit

11 Likes

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Folksyharry(m): 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
Maybe I watch too many Hollywood movies but I think people shoot themselves on the head when they want to commit suicide with a gun. So I think there is more to this story.

6 Likes

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
So first he had been complaining about assassination attempts, but you dismissed that simply as paranoia.

Then you say shots were fired at the TV and another location, before the final bullet made its way to his chest.

After all these glaring signs, you are quick to call it a suicide

What investigation did you carry out

I see no mention of prints or ballistic info, just "preliminary investigation".

In this Nigeria Where mug shots are done with paper and biro

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
Somebody tried killing himself and some of his shots missed his body? Interesting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by egopersonified(f): 7:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
After the first shot, I doubt he would be able to shot a second time, even if he shot his finger. Another report says five shots.
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Jabioro: 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
Very interesting, how I do I want shot myself and you expect me to miss my target ?Let us wait and see the secondary investigation..
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by TheFreeOne: 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
He was said to have shot himself in the chest after firing two previous shots that hit the wall and the television set in his house

This doesn't seem like a suicide to me.

Where's the sense in a man shooting the wall and his tv set before shooting himself in the chest.

I'll rather go with assassination as the cause of death.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Fmartin(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
this ain't funny
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by vpaymoney(m): 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
hinwazaka:
It's becoming very obvious that the Afonjas have began an ethnic cleansing. I advice all non southwesterners to be very careful from now on. Avoid guns, high rise buildings and especially bridges. Tinubu's ethnic agenda will FAIL
0L0R1BURUKU!!!

1 Like

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
hinwazaka:

Of all the millions of spermatozoa your father released, I'm surprised that this inbred ret.ard was the first to make it.

Yorubaland is home to prosperity, peace, justice and progress. Your politicians steal your future and invest it in my region. The day you eventually make something out of your miserable life, you'll be able to afford renting a 2by2 chicken coop room in Okokomaiko.

5 Likes

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by biafranbaby(m): 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
I need to stop reading Zoo news.
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
This doesn't look suicidal. The police should intensify their investigation in the incident.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Repairnigeria(m): 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
These is the jungle we see our self
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Tallesty1(m): 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
TheFreeOne:

This doesn't seem like a suicide to me.

Where's the sense in a man shooting the wall and his tv set before shooting himself in the chest.

I'll rather go with assassination as the cause of death.

Doesn't add up at all
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by BeardedMeat(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:
Really sad, what could have resulted to this?
Jamb question! Buhary is exchanging the heads of Nigerians to keep his own head from going six feet under.
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by goldennugget: 10:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by unstableaswater: 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
Sounds more like the Government of the day assassinated him.

How difficult would it be for them to investigate and clear themselves?

This is the real world not hollywood, people are not that stupid.
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Blackfire(m): 10:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
If u believe the guy was assassinated hit like, and if u believe he killed himself hit share.
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by farem: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2017
hinwazaka:

Who let the dog out?
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by Ken4Christ: 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nigeria is a country with a motto: Hear no evil, See no evil and say no evil otherwise you might pay with your life. Our change will come one day.
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by fergie001: 11:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
RIP Sir

Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by tenderlaw(m): 12:14am On Apr 06, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Of all the millions of spermatozoa your father released, I'm surprised that this inbred ret.ard was the first to make it.

Yorubaland is home to prosperity, peace, justice and progress. Your politicians steal your future and invest it in my region. The day you eventually make something out of your miserable life, you'll be able to afford renting a 2by2 chicken coop room in Okokomaiko.
This is my post of the year!! EPIC finishing.
Re: Suicide Watch: Rear Admiral Commits Suicide by SalamRushdie: 12:14am On Apr 06, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
This story is not adding up..!! Something is missing somewhere.

How would someone who had raised an alarm of threat to his life now take it himself? To prove what point if I may ask?

That man was simply assassinated and the whole process cleaned out to avoid traces of the culprit

Exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers State Women Take The Battle To Wike Over Biafra - Video / Anambra State - The Bad Nature Of Road In Nnewi Main Market. / EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.