Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari (14970 Views)

Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor / God Is Punishing PDP For It Sins - Attahiru Bafarawa / I Didn’t Say Nnamdi Kanu Escaped To London – Orji Uzor Kalu(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Schoolguy9(m): 4:20am On Apr 06, 2017
The Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari, on Wednesday denied saying God is punishing Nigerians with meningitis outbreak.

The governor said he never said meningitis was a divine punishment from God for sins of fornication committed by the people.

Yari said he only lamented the paucity of appropriate vaccines to confront the outbreak of meningitis in his state.

He said it was unfortunate because the state does not have enough vaccines yet for the Type C meningitis.
The governor, who made the clarifications through his Special Adviser on Media and Public Enlightenment, Mr. Ibrahim Magaji Dosara, said he merely asked Nigerians to move closer to God and plead for his mercy to avert further infectious diseases and other health crisis in the state and Nigeria

The statement said: “No doubt, as a God-fearing man, and a Muslim, the governor believes in the powers of Allah to inflict whatever punishment He decides on the human race. However, the governor who spoke in Hausa had a particular audience in mind when he spoke to the BBC Hausa reporter.

“The governor added for example, that fornication ‘should not spread so much in society that it becomes common place and if that happens, Allah promises to inflict, on its perpetrators (people) a sickness that would have no cure.”

“Let it be known too that the governor still insists that all diseases come from Allah and that at no point in his interaction with the reporters did he insinuate that Allah was punishing Nigerians but instead drew from the teachings of great Islamic traditions to buttress the point he was trying to convey.
Advertisement

“This is exactly what the governor said. But because some people are out there to ridicule him at the slightest opportunity and make a mountain out of a molehill with a view to tarnishing his rising reputation, the innocuous statement was misinterpreted and quoted out of context for reasons best known to the authors.

“We therefore use this medium to appeal to all well-meaning Nigerians to ignore the story making the round and condemn the act of unethical practice by those disseminating the deceptive story.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the Zamfara State Government in conjunction with relevant federal government agencies is making frantic effort to contain the outbreak of meningitis in the state by taking immediate steps to secure appropriate vaccines for the latest health challenge.

“Let it be on record that the state under the leadership of governor, Abdulaziz Abubakar Yari, will not abandon the well-being of the people, who elected him to pilot the affairs of the state for any other thing.

“As the saying goes, health is wealth, and the administration will not settle for anything apart from vigorously pursuing the overall well- being of Zamfara people.”

Yari described the situation in his state as pathetic because it has no vaccines.

The statement added: “The governor said the situation was unfortunate because the state does not have enough vaccines yet for the Type C meningitis
“The governor thereafter enjoined all Nigerians to embrace prayers, as God who is aware of the outbreak of the ailment surely has antidote for it.”

source: https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/284071/punishing-nigerians-meningitis-yari

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Jabioro: 4:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Tell him that he is not serious.. his words has gone viral, it has left him even beyond his primary shore.. he can't eat it anymore, it has feathers and wings, his words are flying all over Africa and beyond with his pathetic messages.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Lifestone(m): 5:12am On Apr 06, 2017
This Gov Yari is so pathetic. What has he said here than to confirm what the press reported earlier.
How long does it take to get this vaccine, his delays caused the death of over 200 people in his state. He wants us to pray to avert infectious diseases that are preventable, the man is a disgrace. I side 100% with HRH SLS on his recent coments in Kaduna on this issue.
And to say this man is the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors forum (NGF), gives the indications of the quality of those we elect to govern us. A big shame

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by olamilekside2: 5:14am On Apr 06, 2017
grin

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Jengem: 5:32am On Apr 06, 2017
The number one punishment inflicted on Nigerians is people like Yari and his co-travelers.

All former and present political leaders. Ministers, career politicians. Rogues.

20 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 06, 2017
When you goofed big time,it is wise to keep quite and allow it to die naturally. But when you try to explain your mess.... ...You end up creating more mess!
The God I served is not a wicked God that afflicts little children with diseases.

6 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by GetUmad: 5:35am On Apr 06, 2017
Nigerian Journalists, just like their overzealous bloggers counterpart can easily quote out of context. That was how they said I had 15 million dollars in my account when in actual fact I only said I might have had 15 million dollars or thereabout in my account.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Nobody: 5:43am On Apr 06, 2017
At this junction.... we can only pray the Nigerian prayer:

E go better...
It is well...

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by locosis007(m): 5:56am On Apr 06, 2017
YARI

MUST

HAVE

TAKEN

TOO

MUCH

DOGOYARO FORTIFIED DRINK

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Einl(m): 6:17am On Apr 06, 2017
If you read the messages carefully from the Special Advisor he's still saying the same thing.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by stonemasonn: 6:39am On Apr 06, 2017
You didn't remember Allah's teachings when you were busy dipping your hands into the states Paris club refund. Mtcheeew

God only punishes the poor on earth, the rich is left to enjoy his largess to the fullest.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by LastSurvivor11: 6:47am On Apr 06, 2017
And the winner of the "world most stupid man" is Governor Yaro. .

Congrats governor..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by 1shortblackboy: 7:31am On Apr 06, 2017
shame shame shame - SHAAAAAAAAAME! coconut head! grin

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by drss2(m): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2017
“The governor added for example, that fornication
‘should not spread so much in society that it becomes common place and if that happens, Allah promises to inflict, on its perpetrators
(people) a sickness that would have no cure.” “Let it be known too that the governor still insists
that all diseases come from Allah
and that at no
point in his interaction with the reporters did he insinuate that Allah was punishing Nigerians but
instead drew from the teachings of great Islamic traditions to buttress the point he was trying to convey.
trying to defend d indefensible wen it is crystal clear wat he meant from his quotes above.
dis ar d pipul dat mix religion with governance to brainwash their pipul with evil jihadic ideologies for diabolical reasons. a political office holder in d position of a gov telling pipul to move closer to god to avert meningitis is not only absurd but d height of incompetence.
Tufiakwa!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Emycord: 8:08am On Apr 06, 2017
It only means ur state is a state of fornicators

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Schoolguy9(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2017
1shortblackboy:
shame shame shame - SHAAAAAAAAAME! coconut head! grin

lalasticlala should see this.
Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by mrborntodoit: 9:09am On Apr 06, 2017
Meningitis said God is punishing Nigerians with you

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by mrvitalis(m): 9:29am On Apr 06, 2017
There is no God!!!!!! Its a fake story ...when will Africans learn

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 06, 2017
Religion is at war with civilisation...

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by tayoxx(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2017
if I slap you eh..
Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by henrydadon(m): 9:41am On Apr 06, 2017
angry

oh lord where have we gone wrong to deserve leaders like this

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Fonereporters: 9:41am On Apr 06, 2017
Seriously?
Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Iamwrath: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2017
Ok ,
Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by sagerasaq: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2017
Haha!!!! Ma Oga @ d top talk am be dt... E just fall from my mouth
Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by coolshegs10(m): 9:42am On Apr 06, 2017
So he's the only holy person abi? Wehdone sir! undecided
Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by geozone: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2017
you are only as a people stupid as your representatives in government. you mean to tell me kazaure was the best his people could come up with or the fornicating governor that so confidently postulated the genesis of the meningitis scourge. please let us fix up and look away from sentiments in all subsequent election. a dullard is a dullard and a thief is a thief so also a liar being a liar. enough said. God/ Allah forbid the next suicide comes from your family

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by TINALETC3(f): 9:43am On Apr 06, 2017
undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 06, 2017
So this Yari guy wen no gree pay my state allowee since 2011 still dey Zamfara ko

Chai!!! This man use darkness finish us for Shinkafi dah year. All Because the former governor is from there. So Ayam not sunprized. lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Yet To Reshuffle Cabinet / APC Primaries: Ohanaeze Denies Describing Tinubu’s Emergence As ‘Calamity’ / Marketers Counter FG, Insist Fuel Subsidy Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.