Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics (26032 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics / Atiku/Obi Introduce FIFA (VAR) Analog Into Politics At 'The Candidates' / Emir Of Ilorin Cautions Kwara Govt Against Dragging Him Into Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Codedrock(m): 5:25am On Apr 06, 2017
Today we bring to you an interesting list, this one shows us Nigerian entertainers that have ran for public offices or that has been appointed into one.
It is now a common trend for a lot of successful Nigerian celebrities to resort to carving a niche for themselves in politics and other fields.
Here is a list of top Nigerian celebrities who have joined politics.

1. Kate Henshaw

Veteran actress Kate Henshaw contested at the PDP primaries in Calabar state but did not win. However, in December 2015, Kate Henshaw was made Special Adviser, Liaison, Lagos to Cross River state.

2. Desmond Elliot

Desmond, a seasoned actor and producer in the Nigerian movie industry contested for a seat in the Lagos state house of assembly in 2015 and won. He was sworn into office at the Lagos State House of Assembly as a member representing Surulere 01 Constituency.

3. Julius Agwu

4. 9ice

Singer, Abolore Akande popularly known as 9ice contested in 2015 for the House of Representative seat in Oyo State but lost at the primaries. The musician still landed a political appointed under the current Ajimobi led administration as the Special Assistant to the Governor on Youth matters.

5. Bob Manuel

Bob-Manuel Udokwu is a veteran Nollywood actor who contested for the position of house of assembly for the Idemili North Local Government Area for Anambra state in 2015.

6. Richard Mofe Damijo

Nollywood veteran actor, Richard Mofe Damijo was Commissioner of Culture and Tourism in Delta State from 2009 till 2015.

7 Hilda Dokubo

Ace Actress, Hilda Dokubo was one of the first Nigerian celebrities to get into the political game. She was appointed Special Adviser on Youth Affairs to the former Rivers state governor, Peter Odili in the early 2000’s.

8. Ini Edo

In February 2016, talented Nollywood actress Ini Edo, was appointed Special Adviser on Tourism to the Akwa Ibom State Governor.

9. Femi Adebayo

Popular yoruba actor, Femi Adebayo was made the Special Adviser to the Governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed on Arts, Culture and Tourism in February 2016.

10. Mercy Johnson

On March 15th 2017, Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson-Okojie was appointed a Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello on Entertainment, Arts and Culture.

11. Nkiru Slyvanus

Nkiru Sylvanus was one of the first set of celebrities to venture into politics. In 2011, she was appointed the Special Adviser on Lagos Affairs to the Imo State Government. She was later made Special Adviser on Public Relations to the same state Government.

12. Kanayo.O.Kanayo

He joined the then ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and had his eyes on the seat of House of Representatives, member for Ahiazu/Ezinihite Mbaise Federal Constituency in 2011. However, he lost in the primary election.

13. Tony Tetuila

Anthony Olanrewaju Awotoye, popularly known as Tony Tetuila, who hails from Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, contested for the 2015 National Assembly election for the House of Representatives’ seat of his home constituency on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) which he later lost.

14. Muma Gee

Gift Iyumame Eke aka Muma Gee contested for the Federal House of Representative in Abua/Odua and Ahoada East LGA of Rivers State under PDP’s big umbrella.

15. Funke Adesiyan

Funke Adesiyan is a Nollywood actress who was seeking office in Oyo state as she contested for the Ibadan South-East constituency seat in the Oyo State House of Assembly.

16. Kenny Saint Brown

Ksb as she is fondly called may not be that relevant today but she is still no pushover in the music industry. She contested for the Lagos state house of assembly Ikeja constituency under the APC but did not win.

17. Dayo Adeneye

Popular TV presenter and co-founder of Primetime Entertainment, Dayo Adeneye popularly known as D1 contested for the Ogun State House of Assembly at the Odogbolu constituency under the APC but lost.

18 Kenneth Okonkwo

Nollywood actor, Kenneth Okonkwo who was interested in Nsukka/Igbo Eze south Federal Constituency backed out of the PDP primaries in December 2014.

19. Bukky Wright

Veteran actress, Bukky Wright also joined politics when she contested as a member of the House of Representatives at the the Abeokuta South Federal Constituency, under the Social Democratic Party.

20. Onyeka Onwenu

Onyeka Onwenu is not only a renowned Nigerian singer who was the former chairperson of Imo State Council for Arts and Culture. She was appointed by former President Jonathan as the executive director/chief executive officer of the National Centre for Women Development in September 2013.
See More Posts Like This From
SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/03/20-nigerian-celebrities-who-have.html#more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Codedrock(m): 5:27am On Apr 06, 2017
End of the day they all still same old people to me.. and i don't think most em are actually into politics to save our country.

See More Posts Like This From

SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/03/20-nigerian-celebrities-who-have.html#more

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by khadaffi(m): 6:10am On Apr 06, 2017
I can't believe you forgot Tony one-week

4 Likes

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by jazinogold(m): 6:21am On Apr 06, 2017
EFE for the prize money 2017! based on logistics conscience party

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Codedrock(m): 8:18am On Apr 06, 2017
khadaffi:
I can't believe you forgot Tony one-week
Who the Bleep is that??
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by khadaffi(m): 8:35am On Apr 06, 2017
Codedrock:
Who the Bleep is that??
Are you up to 20 years at all?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by veekid(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2017

how many of them now are still relevant?
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by clickbnkgod: 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nigerian politics, that is where the real blood money is. Those who are killing people for money rituals are just waiting their time. The real blood ritual is try to hold a political post in our Nigerian society.
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by obafemee80(m): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
If the present fools at the National Assembly could rule millions of literates,then why not..
I hope they will make a Change...
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Tension532: 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
who dem epp
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by koolcat: 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
Codedrock:

Who the Bleep is that??
to me, he is the JARA king
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by brostheo(m): 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
Did Julius actually ran for Rivers governorship election

He thinkt say politics na joke??

4 Likes

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by ikorodureporta: 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
Footballers no dey do polititx
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by oshe11: 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
ok ooo
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by hucienda: 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
OP you forget Tony One-week?

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by TosineGuy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
i am very sure if tu face contest for any post he will lose. Btw, 9ice sat on a white chair as if he wan release album. Mtchew. No wonder he lost. Dey all tin if u are popular u go win easily. Its about integrity. Someone like tonto dikeh can't win any post too.
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
These special advisers, do they even count at all
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by ikorodureporta: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
Okey Bakassi
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by nolyyy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
khadaffi:

Are you up to 20 years at all?
Lmao... Maybe he's not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Adicsonbaba(m): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nice one.... but almost all of them lost
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Ahmadgani(m): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
TONY ONE WEEK

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by slurryeye: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
Same old same old Naija mentality

I'm quite sure almost all of them venture into politics because they believe it is a cash cow

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bought by government to get the floor to follow. Anything celebrity is hyped.......strategy.
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by stanliwise(m): 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
Although we all know the reason they are venturing into this politics of a things. But I must confess I love the idea of people with young mind ruling.

Note: When I mean young mind, I mean a mind that accept modern changes, analytic, passionate and it is ready to develop.
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by ephi123(f): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Codedrock:
End of the day they all still same old people to me.. and i don't think most em are actually into politics to save our country.
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by sunnyp20(m): 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
Where is Tony one week? he won idimili north or south in Anambra house of assembly

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Primebuilders(m): 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
I can say they are more passionate about making money than there calling. That is why they are jumping ship
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by BlackOnassis(m): 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
TosineGuy:
i am very sure if tu face contest for any post he will lose. Btw, 9ice sat on a white chair as if he wan release album. Mtchew. No wonder he lost. Dey all tin if u are popular u go win easily. Its about integrity. Someone like tonto dikeh can't win any post too.

Integrity? Buah ha hah ha grin guy u no go kill persin oo
Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by danbrowndmf(m): 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
skarlett:
These special advisers, do they even count at all
They count on cash. anything politics count in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics by Rexling(m): 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2017
slurryeye:
Same old same old Naija mentality

I'm quite sure almost all of them venture into politics because they believe it is a cash cow

Yaa,just like wn music was d in thing for them.All of them turned musicians:Osuofia,Patience Ozokwor,Tonto,Ibu,Jim Iyke,Genevieve name them.I tire for Nigerians,they fit spoil things eeh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari, Ugwuanyi, Others Pay Last Respect To Joe Nwodo / Why South-East Governors Can’t Stop IPOB’s Sit-At-Home – Ikpeazu / Felix Morka On APC N100m Form: 'Nigerians Live Expensive Lifestyles'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.