Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 (120071 Views)

Unilever Future Leaders Program For Graduates (full Time Role) / Apply For Shell Livewire Regional Programme 2017 / Apply For The GSK Graduate Commercial Management Future Leaders Programme 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by NaivatcoEcnirp: 5:11pm On May 20, 2017
Nwachiizu:

The DC is not like AC where you'll still be invited for an interview if you're successful. All the interviews will be done on that day. So my opinion;
1. The dress code shouldn't be casual business wear even jeans for that matter.
2. The address on the email sent should be their full and complete formal address not just Oregun. Not everyone lives in lagos. So Unilever will prefer to use
full address to clarify where Oregun is in Lagos.
3. The email should also include a pnone number you can call in case you have any complains.
Please if this DC calls/invitations end up as I suspect some nairalanders here will face some disciplinary actions o!

Bro, we will just keep observing​ them o. I will not say anything again, will just be laughing and observing.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Sunnystooth(m): 6:26pm On May 20, 2017
Hmmm... I feel I owe this thread atleast more clarification about this whole DC invitation saga.
Only on nairaland you'll find die-hard sceptics. People that can choose not to believe anything even when presented with fact. I now understand why we still have people that believe the earth is flat even in this 21st century.
Anyway, at the risk of sounding condescending, I'll humbly confirm AGAIN that the DC invite is actually real and the DC is scheduled to hold next week. I was sent the mail after the call (I still can't believe I got the mail while others are yet to know their fate).
We all started the race together, shared ideas and rubbed minds together and Unilever Nigeria decided to do what they did by calling a few first. Among the few they called, one or two of them felt the need to let the house know about it the little they can, but what did they get? Backlash, being called cowards and trying to out rightly guilt-trip them. It just ain't fair. I'm pretty sure atleast one more person here was among those called (aside from myself and Dazzle1.2), but with the way we treated Dazzle1.2 when he broke the story to us and the subsequent pressure we put on him to even go as far as to screenshot his DC IV mail, no other person would want to go through that, and thus, such person will just quietly go on and prepare for his DC while occasionally reading some of our post and shaking his head.

Trust me, I would feel the same way like most of us are, but calling people names, doubting even the screenshot of their mail and trying to guilt-trip them just so they would spill more are some of the things I can't imagine myself doing.
By the way, the DC might be in batches, atleast since they haven't sent regret mail yet, why not just sit back and wait hopefully for your mail while wishing those that have gotten already success in their Assessment.

Also some people still go ahead to ask very direct and specific questions like the name of the person that called me. Seriously, when I saw that question I was scared.
Firstly, why do you need the name? Are you a staff of Unilever Nigeria on nairaland trying to verify stuffs? Those were some of the questions that came into my mind immediately I saw that. The reason is because, on the Unilever Online Collaboration Platform we were assigned to, in order for us to carry out research before the DC day. Those of us that were called, the person that called us, plus a Unilever recruiter(it is clearly stated in front of the persons name) are all in that group. The person that made the call and the Unilever recruiter are both there to supervise and monitor us so that we do what's expected of us before the DC day. I don't know how many groups are out there, I'm not even sure Dazzle1.2 is in that my group. So when someone decided to ask about the name of the person in that called me, the question sounded more like that of an insider (a Unilever staff) or even one of us that were successful and that maybe he/she was just trying to know if I'm in the same group with him/her. That was the reason I refused to answer that question.

I know I'm not obligated to give all these explanations, but I understand what we all went through (and are still going through) in this recruitment, that's why I'm taking my time out to explain these things.
Please we should be civil and respect each others choices here. Guilt-tripping and name-calling isn't the best approach to verify claims.

I wish us all the best though.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by oluwagbemiga247: 7:14pm On May 20, 2017
Sunnystooth beta pikin....tell them
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by okpala95(m): 7:31pm On May 20, 2017
Sunnystooth:
Hmmm... I feel I owe this thread atleast more clarification about this whole DC invitation saga.
Only on nairaland you'll find die-hard sceptics. People that can choose not to believe anything even when presented with fact. I now understand why we still have people that believe the earth is flat even in this 21st century.
Anyway, on the risk of sounding condescending, I'll humbly confirm AGAIN that the DC invite is actually real and the DC is scheduled to hold next week. I was sent the mail after the call (I still can't believe I got the mail while others are yet to know their fate).
We all started the race together, shared ideas and rubbed mine together and Unilever Nigeria decide to do what they did by calling a few first. Among the few they called, one or two of them felt the need to let the house know about it the little they can, but what did they get? Backlash, being called cowards and trying to out rightly guilt-trip them. It just ain't fair. I'm pretty sure atleast one more person here was among those called (aside from myself and Dazzle1.2), but with the way we treated Dazzle1.2 when he broke the story to us and the subsequent pressure we put on him to even go as far as to screenshot his DC IV mail, no other person would want to go through that, and thus, such person will just quietly go on and prepare for his DC while occasionally reading some of our post and shaking his head.

Trust me, I would feel the same way like most of us are, but calling people names, doubting even the screenshot of their mail and trying to guilt-trip them just so they would spill more are some of the things I can't imagine myself doing.
By the way, the DC might be in batches, atleast since they haven't sent regret mail yet, why not just sit back and wait hopefully for your mail while wishing those that have gotten already success in their Assessment.

Also some people still go ahead to ask very direct and specific questions like the name of the person that called me. Seriously, when I saw that question I was scared.
Firstly, why do you need the name? Are you a staff of Unilever Nigeria on nairaland trying to verify stuffs? Those were some of the questions that came into my mind immediately I saw that. The reason is because, on the Unilever Online Collaboration Platform we were assigned to, in order for us to carry out research before the DC day. Those of us that were called, the person that called us, plus a Unilever recruiter(it is clearly stated in front of the persons name) are all in that group. The person that made the call and the Unilever recruiter are both there to supervise and monitor us so that we do what's expected of us before the DC day. I don't know how many groups are out there, I'm not even sure Dazzle1.2 is in that my group. So when someone decided to ask about the name of the person in that called me, the question sounded more like that of an insider (a Unilever staff) or even one of us that were successful and that maybe he/she was just trying to know if I'm in the same group with him/her. That was the reason I refused to answer that question.

I know I'm not obligated to give all these explanations, but I understand what we all went through (and are still going through) in this recruitment, that's why I'm taking my time out to explain these things.
Please we should be civil and respect each others choices here. Guilt-tripping and name-calling isn't the best approach to verify claims.

Pls what's the summary of this epistle? This ine that someone is just writing story anyhow sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by prestige4uc: 9:59pm On May 20, 2017
Feraz:
SC? Na wa oh! I applied for SC since 7th of April and also played the online game. A month + now, I am yet to receive a link to the video interview. Which kain heartbreak be this?
Hmmm bros am tired o! its painful one don't know his fate. you did not fail, you didn't pass. Unilever why na. wetin una want use us do na?
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by structural94: 7:08am On May 22, 2017
SO.... IT'S A MONTH AND A DAY SINCE I HAD MY VIDEO INTERVIEW..... AND I'M YET TO GET A MAIL.....
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by eseh1(f): 8:03am On May 22, 2017
Hello every1, pls has any1 else gotten a call from Unilever apart from dazzle 12 and sunny...I kno there have been some controversies about this call thing and a lot of persons might just want to keep silent about it...this will just ruin this thread for us and future applicants. So I appeal to those that have received a call to inform us still awaiting ours so we kno if the DC might me in batches or not. I wish those that their DC is slated for 24th May success in advance and will be delighted if we get an insight of what the DC is about when u are done. Thanks
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by kael007: 8:12am On May 22, 2017
Sunnystooth:
Anyway, at the risk of sounding condescending, I'll humbly confirm AGAIN that the DC invite is actually real and the DC is scheduled to hold next week. I was sent the mail after the call (I still can't believe I got the mail while others are yet to know their fate).
We all started the race together, shared ideas and rubbed minds together and Unilever Nigeria decided to do what they did by calling a few first. Among the few they called, one or two of them felt the need to let the house know about it the little they can, but what did they get? Backlash, being called cowards and trying to out rightly guilt-trip them. It just ain't fair. I'm pretty sure atleast one more person here was among those called (aside from myself and Dazzle1.2), but with the way we treated Dazzle1.2 when he broke the story to us and the subsequent pressure we put on him to even go as far as to screenshot his DC IV mail, no other person would want to go through that, and thus, such person will just quietly go on and prepare for his DC while occasionally reading some of our post and shaking his head.

You dont owe any thomas an explanation but u still went ahead to do so. very commendable but i hope you'd learn to ignore some folks in the future. It will lenghten you life...smiles. Wishing u all the best as you partake on the next stage.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Sunnystooth(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2017
kael007:

You dont owe any thomas an explanation but u still went ahead to do so. very commendable but i hope you'd learn to ignore some folks in the future. It will lenghten you life...smiles. Wishing u all the best as you partake on the next stage.
Thanks a lot for the advice and the well-wishes Keal.007. I really appreciate. Wish you the best too.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Dehley(m): 4:37pm On May 22, 2017
I learnt guys are on the hot sit since morning
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by starlex2p: 4:54pm On May 22, 2017
I checked my profile (job page) and there is saw status as (active) and also it was stated that they are still accepting applications...... So does it mean I should still hang on and be hopeful
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by starlex2p: 4:58pm On May 22, 2017
please keal.007 the Unilever PLC number that called u... Can u please State how is like... Is it like normal +234 00........... I wish to know..... I dont know if probably I have missed a call from them
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by starlex2p: 5:02pm On May 22, 2017
How do one know that it is Unilever PLC calling.........
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by eseh1(f): 6:10pm On May 22, 2017
starlex2p:
How do one know that it is Unilever PLC calling.........
true caller app
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Ninewale(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2017
Good evening everyone!

Congratulations to those who have received invite for DC.

I want to ask if there's anyone who had competent evidence as his remark after the video interview has been called.

I almost certain that the DC is a day or is it in batches?
I am just trying to be positive.

I wish to be part of the world of sustainable living.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by kael007: 10:22am On May 23, 2017
starlex2p:
please keal.007 the Unilever PLC number that called u... Can u please State how is like... Is it like normal +234 00........... I wish to know..... I dont know if probably I have missed a call from them

I wasnt called. Still expecting the call
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by ziziobi: 7:29am On May 24, 2017
All the best sunnystooth, dazzle12 and all those attending DC today.

Sunnystooth:
I got the call almost same time with the one I missed the other day (around 2:10pm) today.
The lady on the phone first asked me to confirm my age to her, I told her. She then said I should hold on for like a minute, which I did. When she came back on, she told me that my age is more than the required for the post. That the age limit was below 26years...(by the way, I am 28)...She said why did I apply and all that. I told her no age restriction was stated in the job advert. She then said when I was applying didn't I see the option bla bla bla... She then said she can't stop me now at this level, that she will send the Discovery centre invitation mail to me that I passed excellently well bla bla bla... But she said I might get kicked out at the final stage when my age comes into scrutiny.

They later sent a text message congratulating me again and an email containing my invitation details... The DC is 24th of May by the way.

But my headache now is that I dont know whether to take the risk and travel to Lagos for the DC when age might just be against me even if I succeed.

Any suggestions please?

I'm just tired about the whole thing sef.

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by starlex2p: 7:46am On May 24, 2017
Gudmrn, does it mean one has to download truecaller app like u said @esrh
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by kaka22(m): 11:45am On May 24, 2017
Important Information to all.

If you have not received a call from Unilever, kindly move on.

My friend was called last week and he went for AC on Monday. They were informed of the info below;

Applications - 28,000
Those that were called for AC - 30
Those that will be picked - 6

1 Like

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by eseh1(f): 11:58am On May 24, 2017
kaka22:

My friend was called last week and he went for AC on Monday. They were informed of the info below;

Applications - 28,000
Those that will be picked - 6.

hmmmm that's a big one...thanks dear...time to delete unilever thread off my bookmark so I forget about them
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Nwachiizu(m): 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
eseh1:
hmmmm that's a big one...thanks dear...time to delete unilever thread off my bookmark so I forget about them

Please don't lose hope yet. He said AC grin
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by eseh1(f): 12:19pm On May 24, 2017
Nwachiizu:

Please don't lose hope yet. He said AC grin
AC, DC....they are the same joor smiley

1 Like

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Nwachiizu(m): 12:23pm On May 24, 2017
eseh1:
AC, DC....they are the same joor smiley

Wait until you hear from them please. Not saying you should put all your hopes on them. But don't give up like this yet. I think it's too early dear. I'm trying to be objective to all the info I receive here about the recruitment
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by structural94: 1:42pm On May 24, 2017
NO PROFESSIONAL RECRUITER WOULD GIVE SUCH INFO.... BESIDES, THEY CAN'T JUST RECRUIT AND TRAIN 6....IT'S ETHICAL AND COST SAVING WITH MORE.... PLUS, IT ALLOWS YOU CHOOSE.... THE INFO ABOVE IS TRASH AND SHOULD BE DISCARDED...

HOWEVER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT ON UNILEVER.... CHECK OTHER OPTIONS AS WELL.... ALL THE BEST IN OUR PROSPECTIVE CAREERS....
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by prestige4uc: 7:44am On May 25, 2017
kaka22:

Applications - 28,000
Those that will be picked - 6

I don't think this is true, I sent a mail to them that since after my online game I have not gotten any feedback, and they sent me this...

Dear Candidate,
Thank you for your interest in the Unilever Future Leaders Programme.
Please note that your video entry is currently being evaluated and feedback will be received once the evaluation has been completed.
Best Regards,

[cid:image011.png@01D2D3A7.7EA4BB90][cid:image012.png@01D2D3A7.7EA4BB90][cid:image013.png@01D2D3A7.7EA4BB90]UFLP
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Kawlingz: 10:26am On May 25, 2017
prestige4uc:

I don't think this is true, I sent a mail to them that since after my online game I have not gotten any feedback, and they sent me this...

Dear Candidate,
Thank you for your interest in the Unilever Future Leaders Programme.
Please note that your video entry is currently being evaluated and feedback will be received once the evaluation has been completed.
Best Regards,

[cid:image011.png@01D2D3A7.7EA4BB90][cid:image012.png@01D2D3A7.7EA4BB90][cid:image013.png@01D2D3A7.7EA4BB90]UFLP

The emboldened words don't tally. Did you submit any video entry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by prestige4uc: 8:10pm On May 25, 2017
Kawlingz:

The emboldened words don't tally. Did you submit any video entry?
No. I only did the online games. and since then they said they will get back to me ooh. I was surprise with there reply too.

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Kawlingz: 9:12pm On May 25, 2017
Hey guys, there are similar jobs from other multinationals (AB InBev, BAT, KPMG, Deloitte). I think you should apply for them while keeping tabs on Unilever.
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by zazapachulia: 9:42pm On May 27, 2017
how was the ac like
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Dehley(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Thanks a lot for the advice and the well-wishes Keal.007. I really appreciate. Wish you the best too.

got your msg but couldn't access the mail anymore, u can shoot me a mail at lawunmi. e@mail. com
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Aloyhood: 6:48pm On May 28, 2017
Sunnystooth... I guess you attended the DC .. Pls what did it look like and is there any possibility that there will be another batch to attend. Pls reply ASAP thanks.
Re: Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2017 by Sunnystooth(m): 10:37pm On May 28, 2017
Aloyhood:
Sunnystooth... I guess you attended the DC .. Pls what did it look like and is there any possibility that there will be another batch to attend. Pls reply ASAP thanks.
It looks basically like what was described online by several sources... Also we were told that there will be more DCs and that we should be careful about the information we give out to those coming ahead of us (those are the words of the HR), else they'll stand better chance bla bla bla... So keep hoping, some more people might be called or already called, I dunno. Just get tips online (just like we did) about the DC if you are finally invited and give it your best shot. All the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Apply For State Security Service (SSS) Recruitment 2017 / INEC (ADHOC Staff) Invite For Training. / Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.