Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,025 members, 7,803,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? (599 Views)

Here Are 300 Free Ivy League University Courses You Can Take Online Right Now / Here Are 300 Free Ivy League University Courses You Can Take Online Right Now / Top Five(5) Employable University Courses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? by LadyWolf: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
We all understand that the world is going digital but it seems our educational sector is yet to catch up.

(Infact, i feel the educational sector is the slowest growing sector in this country)
Yet when graduates go to look for jobs now,they are all asking for digital skills.
Actually, this seems to be the sector that still has reasonable jobs for the youth of today

But there are still very few training centres where practical online marketing skills are taught but many are quite expensive ; the likes of 02 academy Lagos, Wild fusion, digital marketing institute
So what happens to those that can't afford these expensive centres/ data for online study.
Re: Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? by aishatuAgboms: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
I feel they should change a whole lot about our education system. Unnecessary courses that students don't need, courses that wont fetch them jobs in this era.
Digital marketing should be prioritized. 02 Academy is actually doing a good, a friend of mine attends that school.
Re: Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? by yoomide: 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2017
Yhh you're so right about the educational sector in this country, the slowest. When we still use syllabus that our parents used while in school, how then will online marketing enter the syllabus. The sector needs to be reworked and planned to suit the present business demands so we can get jobs out of schools. Or better still, they partner with professional schools offering these courses. We need to key into the demands of the business world.
Re: Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? by QuuenEndurance: 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
It will be very nice if digital marketing is included in the curriculum, so as to ensure that student already have a foundation of it. There is high demand for digital strategy in the labour market.
Re: Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? by doctorgold(m): 12:49am On Apr 24, 2017
aishatuAgboms:
I feel they should change a whole lot about our education system. Unnecessary courses that students don't need, courses that wont fetch them jobs in this era.
Digital marketing should be prioritized. 02 Academy is actually doing a good, a friend of mine attends that school.

Please do you have an idea what o2 charges?
Thanks
Re: Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? by ckuteg(f): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
Has anyone attending the digital marketing course at Orange Academy..? From enquiry their fees is cheaper compared to 02 Academy.. That charges 200k

(1) (Reply)

We Don't Need More Lawyers/Banking&Finance Graduates In Nigeria- Nimi Princewill / Fiber Optic Networking Training / How To Write A Final Year Project In University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.