Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) (111424 Views)

Expanded Polystyrene And Some Of Its Application / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) / ALTERNATIVE BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (RED INTERLOCKING BRICKS) COMPARATIVE COST ANALY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by dannydevito(m): 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
About completing installation of EPS in Abia state, fruges arena nice job, from procurement to delivery ( save for some man made delay), we are at 80% completion. The fact that we have never met and you delivered is very
commendable...... Details soon
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
dannydevito:
About completing installation of EPS in Abia state, fruges arena nice job, from procurement to delivery ( save for some man made delay), we are at 80% completion. The fact that we have never met and you delivered is very

Whao thanks my oga Engineer.
I really appreciate am sorry for the loss of time due to the man-made logistics issue.
Always at your service.
I will appreciate when you post the job when completed.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Just came across one of our job we did 3 years ago and which has some details we took and will like to use it to explain to people again how the job is when there is a roof beam to cast with the parapet.

Pic 01----- Building before work commencement.
Pic 02------Another view of the building before the job commence.
Pic 03------Another view of the building before the job commence.
Pic 04------Parapet delivered on site, this was produced based on the client, design and specifications .
The parapet is of 450 x 450 mm special design

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Pic 01-------- Installer commencing cutting of polystyrene (styrofoam) Panel
Pic 02-------- Another view of installer making angle cut on the polystyrene (styrofoam) Panel
Pic 03-------- polystyrene (styrofoam) panel installation setting out carrying out by installer on Building
Pic 04-------- Progress on installation been done on building.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pic 01------- showing of how nails are used to fastening the panel to the wall
Pic 02------- Installation in progress
Pic 03------- Straightness of the polystyrene (styrofoam) panels are been checked together with previously
fixed ones .
Pic 04------- Checking of two panels joining to make sure the curves on the panels conform together.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by ceaser: 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
Can this EPS be fixed to mod or replace existing roof like in the picture? The distance between the lintel and the beam is breath of one brick.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
ceaser:
Can this EPS be fixed to mod or replace existing roof like in the picture? The distance between the lintel and the beam is breath of one brick.

Sir,
Do you have a picture showing the view from the ground floor. I can only see the top of the roof and can't understand how the roofing looks like.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by ceaser: 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
Teewhy2:

Sir,
Do you have a picture showing the view from the ground floor. I can only see the top of the roof and can't understand how the roofing looks like.

I'll be there Tuesday. I'll re-take the pictures.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 9:45am On Sep 01, 2020
The New Month of happiness has arrived,
Get ready to gather all the treasure of blessings,
Help others by giving them smiles and happiness,
So everyone can enjoy the celebration of Ember months,
Wish You a Nice Month Ahead.
From
Fruges Arena Ltd
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Ayiba0911: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2020
dannydevito:
I need your contact please. Mine is 08154091767
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ayiba0911:

I need your contact please. Mine is 08154091767

Sir,
if you need polystyrene installation done on your project our email is frugesarenaltd@gmail.com , we will be expecting your message.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
Pic 01-------- polystyrene (styrofoam) Panel Installation progress
Pic 02-------- Another view of polystyrene (styrofoam) Panel Installation progress
Pic 03-------- polystyrene (styrofoam) panel installation details showing how it is been fastening to the wall.
Pic 04-------- Installation details showing Nail position and binding wire which is use to hold the polystyrene panels.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:45am On Sep 08, 2020
Picture 01-------- Installation Details
Picture 02---------Installation Details

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:47am On Sep 08, 2020
Picture 01---- Installation Details.
Picture 02---- Installation progress.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2020
Pictures showing other installation details.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
Picture of the house from one side after installation.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2020
Another picture of the building.
Happy new week.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2020
Polystyrene wired panels been used as wall in building.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
Happy new month to all our esteemed customers.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by ceaser: 8:01am On Oct 07, 2020
Teewhy2:
Polystyrene wired panels been used as wall in building.

On the whole, is this wired panel cheaper than use of traditional cement blocks?

Does it give added strength and protection against burglary above what the traditional cement blocks provide?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
ceaser:

On the whole, is this wired panel cheaper than use of traditional cement blocks?

Does it give added strength and protection against burglary above what the traditional cement blocks provide?

Sir,
for walls there is no much difference but it is faster and lighter.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
Happy Eid Maolud to all our customers and well wishers.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
Happy new month to our lovely customers.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Aventures(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2020
@Teewhy2 can you drop your contact here. Thanks
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
Aventures:
@Teewhy2 can you drop your contact here. Thanks

sir,
you can contact me on frugesarenaltd@gmail.com and from there we can start off.
thanks
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Gigaset: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
Good evening sir please is this product available in other parts of the country too ?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2020
Gigaset:
Good evening sir please is this product available in other parts of the country too ?

sir,
we can come to install it in your state.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
For your polystyrene beads or styrofoam balls to fill your bean bags.
kindly contact us. frugesarenaltd@gmail.com

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Geekop: 5:31pm On Nov 22, 2020
These are good jobs I must say.
Well-done.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 9:02am On Dec 04, 2020
Geekop:
These are good jobs I must say.
Well-done.

Thanks sir, I appreciate.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by eshilonkunadeoy: 5:51am On Dec 10, 2020
I've sent you a mail sir @teewhy2, pls I need a reply asap. Thanks
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Dijita: 10:49am On Dec 10, 2020
It appears this think eliminate casting in parapet . Am I right? I just finished my parapet wish I had seen this post earlier

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.