Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) (111263 Views)

Expanded Polystyrene And Some Of Its Application / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) / ALTERNATIVE BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (RED INTERLOCKING BRICKS) COMPARATIVE COST ANALY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
kopell:
Man can you make the cost of this material public just as the way you explained the expanded use for it. Cost per SQM, thickness of rages and average cost of installation per SQM. This will make it easy for people to make informed decision. Stop being secretive this is a global world and global market. Being secretive is not helping, its all about competiveness that adds to value.
EgunMogaji:

This ^^^^

garsul:

Please can you do a cost comparison for say a standard 4 bedroom bungalow paraphet using concrete and using polystyrene
saydfact:

I've used Polystyrene material as hollow pots in slab, light weight is an advantage - interesting to see its extensive use thou as parapets too.

Due to Popular demand and as we promised this is a detailed cost comparison between typical concrete cast insuite and Polystyrene parapet. we had to put a jpeg file as it is not looking well arranged on the site.
we would appreciate those people who are more into daily construction to also look at our analysis
for for further explanation you are free to place you questions or observations below

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by chimexdnice(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2017
very interesting product. I have one question for you sir . pls after buying from you and you also installing it, do you give warranty? if yes how long? assuming everyother thing e.g the land , the terrain , weather etc are all normal . thanks.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
chimexdnice:
very interesting product. I have one question for you sir . pls after buying from you and you also installing it, do you give warranty? if yes how long? assuming everyother thing e.g the land , the terrain , weather etc are all normal . thanks.

sir, do you mean if it gets damage. well i confirm from the company that produce it but if it is a damage that occurred through our installation process, we will fix it.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by ambafrank: 4:18am On Jul 24, 2017
Can have your email address and phone number let talk
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Idango(m): 9:19am On Jul 24, 2017
Do you install this after doing the woodwork for the roofing or before . since they are fragile, won't be destroyed during the woodwork ?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
ambafrank:
Can have your email address and phone number let talk
frugesarenaltd@gmail.com

Idango:
Do you install this after doing the woodwork for the roofing or before . since they are fragile, won't be destroyed during the woodwork ?

It can be done either before or after the woodwork.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by r2beez(m): 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
Teewhy2:
Advantages of POLYSLAB versus Solid Floor Slab & Waffle Floor Slab Construction

1. The Polyslab is lightweight therefore reduced labour costs in handling and significant cost savings in both substructure & superstructure.
2. Reduced construction time as materials are pre cut to structural engineer's specifications at the factory
3.Excellent sound and thermal insulating properties
4. Fast & Easy to Install.
​5. Used to form either a 1-way or 2-way ribbed floor slab with various dimensions, depths, rib spacing and width

Bro I need ur contact. Wassap, email just give me a contact detail

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
r2beez:

Bro I need ur contact. Wassap, email just give me a contact detail
Sir,
Thanks for the interest, you can get across through frugesarenaltd@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by r2beez(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
Teewhy2:

Sir,
Thanks for the interest, you can get across through frugesarenaltd@gmail.com

Pls I have sent a mail.
Kindly revert.
Thanks
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by comprende: 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
What is the fire rating of this material. How resistant is it to fire.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
comprende:
What is the fire rating of this material. How resistant is it to fire.
Attached is a document on its behaviour in fire.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Nbg4real: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
sir do you deliver your services nation wide? pls your contact is needed at nabilagula@gmail.com. thank you
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
Nbg4real:
sir do you deliver your services nation wide? pls your contact is needed at nabilagula@gmail.com. thank you
Sir a mail has been sent to your email address.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Nbg4real: 8:54am On Aug 04, 2017
Teewhy2:
Sir a mail has been sent to your email address.
Thanks
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 9:46am On Aug 13, 2017
Polystyrene future of building materials in Nigeria
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by jaybee(f): 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
Teewhy2:
Polystyrene future of building materials in Nigeoria

Kindly post pictures of some projects done with EP Parapet / Polyslab here for us to see.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by baroun04(m): 6:23am On Aug 19, 2017
Pls I will need your contact, pictorial and documents for this parapet sent to my box. I will need to study and contact you on how to implement on one of my sites, blaizedesignbuild@gmail.com[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2017
jaybee:

Kindly post pictures of some projects done with EP Parapet / Polyslab here for us to see.

Sorry for just responding, you can get some of the pictures on page one and two, some clients don't appreciate their work posted online that affects number of pictures you see here.

baroun04:
Pls I will need your contact, pictorial and documents for this parapet sent to my box. I will need to study and contact you on how to implement on one of my sites, blaizedesignbuild@gmail.com[color=#006600][/color]

Done.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by tonykel1(m): 5:48am On Aug 24, 2017
Please, send your contact and email to me: tonykelo@yahoo.com
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 7:04am On Aug 30, 2017
tonykel1:
Please, send your contact and email to me: tonykelo@yahoo.com

Just seeing this will do that ASAP.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 7:05am On Aug 30, 2017
Another building with polystyrene parapet installed on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by MrRitchie: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hello I have a bungalow consisting of 25/60 total building area how much would it cost me to get a polytene parapet round it,
Thanks.

MrRitchie
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
MrRitchie:
Hello I have a bungalow consisting of 25/60 total building area how much would it cost me to get a polytene parapet round it,
Thanks.

MrRitchie

sir kindly send your architectural plan to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com for us to give a more reliable cost calculation.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
Happy Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim clients.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Flaghouse1: 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
Teewhy2:
Happy Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim clients.

Just sent you a mail for parapet for dimension of 9.5M by 8 M ,please include cost of materials and installation,something similar to picture you attached as sample
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by MrRitchie: 12:23am On Sep 02, 2017
I don't have the plan at my possession ATM that's why I gave the total building measurements
Teewhy2:

sir kindly send your architectural plan to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com for us to give a more reliable cost calculation.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by utepu: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2017
Nice write up
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
Picture of a 300 x 300 mm Polystyrene roof parapet to be installed on a storey Building already roofed. will update with the building later.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
As we promised to bring to you, This polystyrene parapet was fixed after the roof was done.
This is a 300 x 300 polystyrene parapet fixed on a storey building, it is a matter of choice for clients
so have you doing renovations or have already roofed your building and want to put a roof parapet, this is till possible just let us know.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
more pictures. The job is still work in progress.
we will also send pictures of polystyrene parapet done on a renovation work.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
Polystyrene parapets on building.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by veekid(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
CC: happney65

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.