Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

(UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. (7334 Views)

Will U Allow Your Partner To Be With Ya Fone For 24hrs. See Pix / What She Got As Christmas Gift From Him - Pictured / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

(UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 1:41am On Dec 29, 2009
ow, u do not know what they have passed through, i am not justifying them, but me i am not going to decide to use a girl anyhow if d worse happen, i will just open my eyes well ,over welll, just a lesson, i must learn well from, and look at d bright side,because i am not boasting i am not d best dude out there because where one think he power/effizy ends is where sum1 else own begins,but am an average dude. God you are really the number 1.
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 29, 2009
Im sure you were flashing the cash when you were wooing her right? if you start a relationship based on the illusion of your wealth, then you have to continue or end it.
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 2:07am On Dec 29, 2009
i never flashed the cash when wooing her, i am not a flashy person, if u see me from far u cannot judge my worth, if u try to use my average car, you would miss road.d first thing i did for her which involved money, was paying for her drugs because men she was almost giving up, and her parents wanted her to apologise b4 paying for the drugs, and it was gettin too serious i had to involve myself and pay because on a normal day i shouldnt do that but felt the punishment was to the extreme and taking too long
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 29, 2009
@poster
IMHO you are being taken for a fool. although the gift could have been an innocent one, the fact that your gf is materialistic is dangerous because she will put herself in situations that YOU may not like. . . . . . but i am sure she doesnt care as long as she get what she needs.

from the beginning you should have told her that if she needs a phone then she should go and work for it instead of expecting people to hand it to her (unless its her bday).

you have been handing her stuff that she may not have deserved and now you are bit-ching because she is materialistic. wake up, you made her that way and was happy to splash before so either:
1) you keep quiet and give her whatever she needs
2) you let her go and accept that she was never yours(or that you were about to loose her).

ps: remember, no man gives a phone to a woman FOR NOTHING
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by cantell(m): 7:46am On Dec 29, 2009
@Poster,
She was given a blackberry and you still think she's your girl? Bros wake up! Correct me if i'm wrong, that phone should be in btw #70,000-100,000 right?
Haha. I smile in Igbo.
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2009
It's a tough one but since it's a guy actively toasting her it will be to ur own detriment for her to accept it. Why? Cos she will have to give the guy 'face'/attention in some way. He will have her 'hooked' and he will soon reel her in. Make her understand this (not dat she doesn't already just so she knows u know how tins work).

Guy try read o, she no go dey d exam hall wit u o!
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 8:54am On Dec 29, 2009
hmmm, she has not beeen given the blackberry yet, although i am expecting she should have collected it b4 asking my approval because she knew i would ask how she got it.

she was txting me the approval for her to collect it, and me i intend telling her to either accept the gift and walk out of the relationship
or stay with me and do not collect the blackberry
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 8:55am On Dec 29, 2009
thanks lord reed, u are a sane naira lander
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 10:37am On Dec 29, 2009
feedbck still needed
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by echobee(f): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2009
what i always tell guys,look b4 u leap.am a lady,but seriously it is ur fault.u spoilt the lady,u have to clean up ur mess,by u telling her ur mind.and always stand on ur word.i mean it.dont cheat or play on her,tell her ur mind.if she does not listen,just fold ur hands and watch. time shall tell
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by lovemoi2(f): 11:01am On Dec 29, 2009
not reading yah long story poster, just gonna answer the topic question

what is the big deal in getting a gift from another man or woman

why do u insecure men always think a gift given to woman means something
unless that's ur motive whenever u give a gift to someone
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by coolier(f): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2009
lovemoi2:

just gonna answer the topic question what is the big deal in getting a gift from another man or woman
unless that's your motive whenever u give a gift to someone

Couldn't have said it better! This is the festive season. A time for celebrations, a time to give and take! It's a Xmas gift! grin
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by ekoboy: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2009
i see some scenarios
1) She is gullible. So believes a man will just spend 100k on her just because they are friends and no strings will be attached.
2) She is greedy and therefore wants to eat her cake and have it. Or eat from many pots of soup. She will not be satisfied with what you can offer her. Will it stop here? Don't think so. Even when you are married she will continue to look outside to get what you cannot or will not provide her.
3) She  doesn't love you.  I mean she has already lied to you on a number of occassions concerning collecting gifts.

My  advice. LEAVE HER. I don't know what you see in her, but i believe she is lacking in some very important aspects that will make a relationship successful.
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2009
@lovemoi, i am not an insecure guy, i make her have fun, meet people, male , female, because she has her own independent life to live,she told me herself that her ex boyfriend was always breaking her sim and giving her new ones, so she lose contacts with her male friends, even choking her up one time , that she is suprised that i only cautioned her

the issue here is i told her, collecting a gift from a male friend, ordinary male friend is ok but not from a guy that wants you to be her boyfriend.that is just the difference
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by LordReed(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2009
Ok lovemoi2 & coolier u both would accept a gift from a guy toasting u even though u have a BF and believe he had no 'ulterior' move for giving u the gift?
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by coolier(f): 11:32am On Dec 29, 2009
Why not, he has a problem not me! And the dictionary defines a gift as "something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation".
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 11:32am On Dec 29, 2009
thank you eko boy, her reactions to our discussion today will determine a lot

@ echo-bee, u are a woman with a difference
i do not want to say i spoilt her, yet being d reason that i do not c what i did for her as spoiling, i felt a woman should be taken care of, but she should be contented with what you can offer,i bought 2 fones for her, and even b4 i buy her any fone again even if i am going to, i will express my concern of how she handles phones she have, and that since it is now a habit of misplacing or spoiling fones dat is if she is not doing it purposely she should not think of using expensive fones and i will fully take your advice of saying ur mind and watching how she behaves, time will tell
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by ekoboy: 11:36am On Dec 29, 2009
lovemoi2:

Yes my sister, there is always a motive. If you cannot easily identify the motive, then the motive is that you are woeing the girl. There is no free lunch. There is always a motive. A man can not go about giving gifts to every girl on the streets, so there is a reason for the person he gives to. Don't be decieved men are not father christmas.

[sub][/sub]men have being using the same tricks since creation and women are still yet to learn. And the result? the only regret when the guy is done with his thin and gone.
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 11:40am On Dec 29, 2009
@ coolio,

look at it in another view, if i collect gifts from women that are really putting pressure on me, wanting to date me, how would you feel as a woman,

my girlfriend knew of  two girls that wanted to date me by force, made some sacrifices because the pestering was too much, sacrifices that cost me monetary reward and eetc if i was collecting gifts from them , what msg will i passing to her, simply put i am considering them,

Guys will never give such gifts without compensation, although you are d one to decide whether to compensate or not, but my gf is already drooling about him being a nice guy ,knows how to talk etc,

d only kudos i will give to her is letting me know about him, except she knew i would find out later, u neva know 100% what is in a person mind or motive of a person for doing something
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by chika98: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2009
Your girlfriend like you said is materialistic and greedy! I doubt she is really in love with you because if she were; half of the things she's up to won't be had by her. She won't even look at another man not to talk of taking gifts from them. It is wrong! A sane and responsible woman won't take gifts from someone who's interested in her when she is in a relationship.

Sadly, I believe this is who she is and won't change. Now you have to ask yourself; Can I stay and take it or do I walk and have my peace of mind! The choice is yours to make. If she has the tendency of always coming back after a break up then she sees you as a stooge who will always take her back. Be wise!
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2009
hmmm, nice chika98

have u ever had that feeling sometimes of knowing what is right but u just are not fully convinced, i knew accepting her back always make me look stupid,but when i took her bck d last time, i made it clear to her that if she messes up and walk out of d relationship i will never welcome her back, she used the death of her brother she loved so much which i knew to hook me into acceptin her d last time because she really needed sum1 to console her and give her comfort, this time around ,i would not kick her out myself, i will let her do d walking and do it herself, so i can always have a very clear conscience, your present choices determine d future, it is just a funny world but that what makes this lyfe interesting ,
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by Kelvinj(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2009
lovemoi2:

big deal girl. A guy doesnt just give a girl gifts because he just wants 2 ok, if not tell me u collect gifts from everybody that gives u gifts.
@poster
Ur so called gf is an insatiable human being. U got her all the kind of fones u've used apart 4rm d blackberry. Then she goes 2 tell her new toaster claiming she never did(because idk how the toaster knew she needed 1), that means she loves u for what she gets from u & not for love preiod!
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by rascalo: 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2009
She can collect gift from another man, since they don't have any thing together
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2009
that is d question that has been on my mind, how did the toaster know what she wanted, and that is d question i am going to be asking her soonest when we c,

in one of her txt msgs, she said d guy just knows instantly what she needs d min he sees her, (so daft) anoda question on my mind is is she just trying to push me to d wall so she can get what i did not promise her, hmm ,
although this is a bad situation, this will b an opportunity to test her, there is always an opportunity in every problem
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by nairaxchan: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ rascalo

yes they dont hv anything together yet because d man knows she has a bf.please read my post to understand situation
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
@OP:
Forget all this crap (no offense meant) been spewed by some women, about you being "insecure", because a TOASTER is offering your
girlfriend a blackberry, and you do not like it.
In fact, I am surprised some women haven't labelled you "immature" for not keeping quiet about it.
I am sorry, but I am someone who doesn't have time for materialistic girls. This girl doesn't love you. She wants the phone, and she knows that
she will forever have you wrapped around her little finger. All shes gotta do is bat her eyelashes, cry a bit and say shes sorry.
Dude, please let this girl go. Study for your exam. This is probably a sign from above that this chick isn't worth you.
Some girls will say they would accept the gift. Well this shows the level of greed and materialism we have to deal with. If the tables were turned, the
ladies would be crying bloody murder.
Please let the girl go. Who knows if she hasn't even started something with the other guy? For her to be in a position where the dude is offering her a blackberry, haba,
And how did the toaster know to offer her a blackberry (which she wants) if she didn't ask for one?
Bros, free the chick, let her go, there are wonderful God fearing women out there,
I'm sure this chick is still an undergraduate,
Abeg go study for your exams, and make more cash, and let the girl go!
Compliments of the season!!
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by Druss(m): 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
She is your girlfriend alrite but you are one of her many boyfriends ,

My advice - if u want a good girl - dump her and move on ,
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by ruskiee(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
Is she using you? Yes.
Has she been playing you? Double yes.
If she's worth it-stay and fight off the intruders. If she's not,please take a walk.

Decent girls don't go about asking guys to buy them things or receive gifts from random people at will.
Decent girls go out and buy their own stuff.
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by micklplus(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
I will do a quick summary.

From experience and from all indication, u are just being used !
Shes not in love with u. u will do better to free her. Move on, stay cool, focused,open ur eyes and u'll get a better babe before u blink.

Cheers
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by iice(f): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Im sure you were flashing the cash when you were wooing her right? if you start a relationship based on the illusion of your wealth, then you have to continue or end it.

Girl, i keep saying they bring this on themselves.  It's cause and effect.

@Topic.  No collecting unless you (bf) know the guy and you know her (gf) feelings/intentions.
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2009
iice:

Girl, i keep saying they bring this on themselves.  It's cause and effect.

@Topic.  No collecting unless you (bf) know the guy and you know her (gf) feelings/intentions.

Tell me about it hun, when they woo and woo with money/gifts etc, they start crying waaahhhhhh waaaaaahhhhh she is materialistic and a golddigger when she asks for more well woo her with your personality instead grin grin
Re: (UPDATED)Would U Allow Your Girlfriend Collect Another Gift From Another Man. by LordReed(m): 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Tell me about it hun, when they woo and woo with money/gifts etc, they start crying waaahhhhhh waaaaaahhhhh she is materialistic and a golddigger when she asks for more well woo her with your personality instead grin grin

Ok lets say personality won in the 1st place. Wen he starts to give her n she starts to demand wat then? He should stop giving?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Picture Of The World's Least Sexiest Girl / Some Nigerian Girls Are Terrible!!! They Form Too Much. / Get Pregnant From Dry Humping!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.