Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day (61542 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration / FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-in-nigeria Dress Days / Buhari Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As 'made-in-nigeria Dress Day' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by kolafolabi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
The Federal Government of Nigeria has approved the adoption of Mondays and Wednesdays every week, as Made-in-Nigeria Dress Days across the country.

The approval was contained in a letter from the Federal Ministry of Information & Culture, dated 4th April, 2017, and addressed to the Executive Secretary of National Institute for Cultural Orientation (NICO), Barclays Foubiri Ayakoroma.

The letter, signed by Umar Lamba for the Permanent Secretary, Ayotunde Adesugba, reads in part: “The Federal Executive Council (FEC), at its meeting of Wednesday, 1st February, 2017, has approved the adoption of Mondays and Wednesdays of every week as Made-in-Nigeria Dress Days as part of measures to uplift the nation’s culture and promote Made-in-Nigeria textile products”.

Government further directed that a presentation on the Made-in-Nigeria Campaign be made to the National Economic Council to secure the buy-in of State Governments.

As a result, the Minister of Information & Culture, Lai Mohammed, has directed the Management of NICO to provide a comprehensive proposal on how to effectively implement the policy in a manner that would encourage all Nigerians to conveniently observe the Made-in-Nigeria Dress Days.

Recall that the Management of NICO had, in 2010, submitted a memo at the National Council on Culture and Tourism (NCCT), seeking government’s approval to declare Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, as what the Institute called, “Dress Nigeria Days” to boost our identity as a people as well as revive our moribund textile industry.

Reacting to the Government’s approval for Made-in-Nigeria Dress Days, the Executive Secretary of NICO, Dr. Barclays Foubiri Ayakoroma, told NICO News that, for him, it is one major breakthrough so far recorded by his administration in the Institute.

http://tvcnews.tv/2017/04/07/nigerian-govt-declares-mondays-wednesdays-as-nigeria-dress-day/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Agbalanze(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
ok na

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by fabuloz1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Dead on arrival grin

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by SooCute(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Implementation is problem.

41 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by ogologoamu: 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
I rep. Sarrki.

Oya enemies of state attack!.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Jabioro: 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
So on Monday morning you expected me to ware buba,sokoto and agbada plus gbekele mess cap to office Abi?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dunkem21(m): 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
How can one wear a native attire on a Monday when most banks, companies already have their customized ties, scarfs and dress codes for their staff to open the week with ?..

Nice idea though but it should be on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Next: The implementation of the second stanza of the national anthem as a replacement for the first stanza as I proposed years back .. if you watch Big Brother, you'll agree with me cool

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nothing is made in Nigeria, they shoud have said "assembled in Nigeria"

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by psucc(m): 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
To confirm the material is made in Nigeria, the prints on the fabric should carry made in Nigeria.

This is absolutely a misplaced priority. The Presidency spent billions of Naira on the State House Clinic, yet the President is being treated in London for ailments. Does made in Nigeria not cover this. We only have SPENT IN NIGERIA AND NOT made in Nigeria.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Igboesika: 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
Confused set of human beings.

14 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by egopersonified(f): 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
I have personally declared Thursdays to Sundays as Nigerian attire days, now you want to add Mondays and Wednesdays, ko le work.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Destined2win: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
This is a nice idea really

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by triplewisdom: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
Tailors don hammer be dat.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
triplewisdom:
Tailors don hammer be dat.
I like your thinking...

62 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Fmartin(m): 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
hmm.. ok next
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dunkem21(m): 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
Another thing Alhaji Lai lalasticlala, current NL minister of information should implement is the banning and detention of all the people who use the slogan "Naija" to replace Nigeria ..

..as done by Dora Akunyili Nkem ..May she rest in peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by okpurukata(f): 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
I have always advocated this. Though Wednesday and Friday is better. In India people including doctors and bankers proudly wear their sari to work. Here Nigerian banks out do each other in wearing suits from UK , Turkey and USA. Thus enriching those economies. The impact of this policy in tailors and the textile industry will be great. Kudos for who ever brought it up.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by konshency(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
Will my boss approve me to put on made in Nigeria dress to office on monday... Such as agbada, buba and sokoto etc..
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by oyinkinola: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
dunkem21:
How can one wear a native attire on a Monday when most banks, companies already have their customized ties, scarfs and dress codes for their staff to open the week with ?..

Nice idea though but it should be on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Next: The implementation of the second stanza of the national anthem as a replacement for the first stanza as I proposed years back .. if you watch Big Brother, you'll agree with me cool
...but you can wear oyinbo attire any day!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by oyinkinola: 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
....this is Nigeria am dreaming of!
how can 200,000,000 imported dress they consummed for God sake!
sooner than later tailoring will feed the nation!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Ncsamuel(m): 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
Instead of looking for how to feed Nigerians o! Rubbish

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by smartty68(m): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2017

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dunkem21(m): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
oyinkinola:

...but you can wear oyinbo attire any day!

Read!

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by CalebIkechi(m): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
Idiots

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by meskana212(m): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
Girls shaa....I told this one that we should go and see a movie and her response was that I should use the money and come subscribe her GOTV. cry

13 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by osemoses1234(m): 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nah dem sabi make I go check my bet9ja ticket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by rattlesnake(m): 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
saraki the criminal
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by ableguy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
That's nice,holidays are good times. I have been fighting to be on front page for like ages. Thank God is Friday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by LEXYCOM: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
sack letter loading

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Invitation To Dino Melaye's Mother's Burial Ceremony (photo) / Imo State First Ever Flyover Underway / Atiku And Saraki Dance At PDP NEC Meeting today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.