Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes (20973 Views)

Bashir El-rufai To NBA: Redirect Your Useless Invitation To Wike, Fayose / Rape Threat: Bello El-Rufai To Sue Samuel Ogundipe / Shehu Sani Warns Hadija El-Rufai To Stop Talking About His Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by Buhari2019: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
The speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, on Friday challenged the governor of Kaduna state, Nasir el-Rufai, to extend his call for budget transparency in the National Assembly to other arms of government.

Mr. Dogara was speaking at the closing of a retreat for the management of the National Assembly. The retreat held in Kaduna.

The speaker reacted to a statement credited to Mr. el-Rufai, urging the legislature to make its budget public.
Mr. Dogara said governors should, in the spirit of accountability and transparency, publish how they utilise funds allocated to local governments and how they spend their security votes.
“I will like to challenge him (El-Rufai) to champion this cause for transparency in the budgetary process from the National Assembly to other arms of government beginning with the judiciary,” he said.
“What do they spend monthly as security votes, and if they can publish what happens to local government funds under their jurisdictions, that will help our discussion going forward.”
_E8A2624 - Copy - Copy
Mr. Dogara said the National Assembly was the most “misunderstood” institution, and that no parliament in the world can win popularity contest and Nigeria’s National Assembly cannot be an exception.
“When, for instance, public discussions on funding of the legislature are being made, the entire bureaucracy is often completely discountenanced,” he said.

“No consideration is given to the fact that this is a special bureaucracy saddled with a multitude of ‘masters’ who must be equally served in addition to service to the nation,” he explained.
Mr. Dogara had earlier promised to make the National Assembly budget open starting from 2017.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/228220-dogara-replies-el-rufai-dares-kaduna-governor-publish-security-votes.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Share

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by AntiWailer: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
Oh ok.

It is about stealing and hiding it.

Useless leaders.

I hope El Rufai takes up the challenge.

Why won't we know what our senators and house of rep members are spending or planning to spend.

17 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by dunkem21(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2017

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by sarrki(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
Dogara lacks the moral right to ask Elrufai

Having said that Oya El Rufai publish your security vote

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by BLINGZ88: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
wait o, why is it not mandatory for states to publish how they spent their allocation. this nigeria av weak me. #biafra. even if we don't get it, we shall never forget it.

4 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by profhezekiah: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
Yam pepper scatter scatter. All politicians are corrupt, I pity the youths of this country,we must take our destiny into our hands and stop defending this rogues.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by pbethel: 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ghen Ghen
Make we de watch
Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by seunlly(m): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
do you think I care about all this...
Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by sarrkii: 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
We In BMC Love Dogara And Disown El Rufai only Fr Today Cos Dogara Protects Our Masters Interest !!

We In APC Are More Corrupt Than The previous Government, but We Will Never Allow Our Gullible Supporters Understand Our Gimmicks

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by sarrkii: 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
We In BMC Know That This Will Make PDP Think We Are Fighting Ourselves, But We Are Just Looking Fr Q Distraction For Our Gullible Supporters..

We Are Enemies Of The people.

6 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by GEJ2019(m): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
sarrkii:
We In BMC Know That This Will Make PDP Think We Are Fighting Ourselves, But We Are Just Looking Fr Q Distraction For Our Gullible Supporters..

We Are Enemies Of The people.

Hmm Sarrki Eating His Vomit Already?? Shame on your Sarrkii

7 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by Scream(m): 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nonsense! Make laws that would compel him to do that. Why are waiting time talking about fight against whereas the constitution is the biggest corruption? A corrupt country built on corruption run by corrupt people using corrupt systems.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by MONITZ: 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
I think I am beginning to understand the grievances of these lawmakers,and it is that they re angry that they re the only ones singled out as being corrupt in the tripod of governance.. They know the executive and judiciary equally stink sorely and nobody is saying anything about it. Equally all the governors receive humongous amount and even go as far as hijacking funds meant for the L. G. A's and nobody is batting an eyelid...

"No legislature in the world wins in a popularity contest and "--;this simply shows that our legislators re not moved a bit or perturbed....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by auntysimbiat(f): 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by EPIJOE: 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
MONITZ:
I think I am beginning to understand the grievances of these lawmakers,and it is that they re angry that they re the only ones singled out as being corrupt in the tripod of governance.. They know the executive and judiciary equally stink sorely and nobody is saying anything about it. Equally all the governors receive humongous amount and even go as far as hijacking funds meant for the L. G. A's and nobody is batting an eyelid... YOU ARE RIGHT BRO

"No legislature in the world wins in a popularity contest and "--;this simply shows that our legislators re not moved a bit or perturbed....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
Thieves everywhere, yet the Police overlook the mighty thieves but hunt the street boys who are looking for pennies to buy Indomie.

4 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by ayindejimmy(m): 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
So these two fools are publicly telling us to our faces that they're both corrupt and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by coalcoal1(m): 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
OK
Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by clefstone(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
all I can say is midget

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by chinex276(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
the midget!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by sdindan: 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
Have they implemented 2016 budget?
pls someone should help.
Two thieves are exposing themselves.
Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by lazsnaira(m): 10:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
...ITS ALL ABOUT WHO STEALS MORE THAN WHO? ...even buhari is no less a thief than tinubu and ibori

2 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by HENRY940: 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
....And I translate,

"Don't call our part of government crooks, when you know that I know that we are all crooks.

Full stop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by fatdick(m): 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
Both El-Rufai and Dogara are guilty. Thieves!

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by OBAGADAFFI: 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
MONITZ:
I think I am beginning to understand the grievances of these lawmakers,and it is that they re angry that they re the only ones singled out as being corrupt in the tripod of governance.. They know the executive and judiciary equally stink sorely and nobody is saying anything about it. Equally all the governors receive humongous amount and even go as far as hijacking funds meant for the L. G. A's and nobody is batting an eyelid...

The Executive has successfully blackmailed both the Judiciary and Legislature with corruption.

But the Executive is more corrupted

5 Likes

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by yim(f): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Dogora and El Rufai:God is watching you in 3D
Our mumu don do for this country, they are telling us that they are both thieves cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by samomoli: 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
NIGERIANS SEE UR LEADERS..ALL CORRUPT.AWON OLEEEE
Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by eleko1: 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
THiEVES get mouth in this country
Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by blackboy(m): 11:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
Good reply Hon Speaker!! Spoke well like a true legal practitioner. Everyone trying to claim holy, corruption free when they are all doing the same thing. Black pot calling ... Gov El Rufia, you spoke right but your case is like Magu who wants to be the boss of anti corruption yet has unanswered cases with corruption against his name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes by yemolz: 11:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
Let the CHANGE of Transparency begins with you el-Rufai, you can also be one of the heroes of democracy by so doing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

$9b Judgment: P&ID Chief Names Yar’adua, Lukman, NNPC GMD, 15 Others Behind Cont / Composition Of Tinubu’s Transition Committee In Order – Sulaiman / Kaduna: Bandits Kill 23, Abduct Several Others In Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.