Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria (12789 Views)

Does Sim Card Determine Internet Speed? My Experience / How To Limit Your Mobile Data Usage On Android Devices / See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by 9aiboard: 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
Fellow Nigerians, You all must have had one or two issues trying to browse the internet. known and unknown factors might contribute to hindering this technoholic or business activities on the web. Nigerian top service provider like MTN, Glo, Etisalat, Netcome, Cyberspace, Airtel etc have always and will always will be blamed for these issues but let me burst your bubbles 'They are not the sole course of our Network issues'. This article sheds light on notable factors that limits internet speed in Nigeria.

Internet Speed Limiting Factors are:

Network and Location: Network Strength and coverage is a vital determinant in browsing process and speed in Nigeria. This doesn't have to do with your phone type or network Spec rather it deals with the signal strength of the network provider in your location. Top Android phones with network types like GSM/CDMA, 3G and 4G/ LTE are no exception when it comes to this as they can go bar-less in a network poor zone. The best way to deal with this issue is to know the best network for your area or wherever you are travelling to across the country.

Phone Type and its Network technology: Network Strength being constant, phones on 4 or 3 bands (HSDPA and 4G bands LTE band) are pace setters and far more stable than phones on 2G bands (GSM) and Edge. you can improve your browsing experience by purchasing phones with good network technology.

Data saving and Throttle: When your device is on a data saving mood certain browsing benefits might be on restriction, most times images are off and warnings are issued before certain content are loaded from the web. Data throttle is another way to limit the Mobile Data usage in any android syslowing of Internet service by an Internet service provider after you’ve reached a certain threshold. However, bandwidth can also be set by a phone user through the mobile internet settings option or on a router while sharing Data.

Living Close to or Under a Power line: Apart from the health implications of living close to high voltage poles or wires, these implications can also affect network signals and strength. EMF and RF (Radio frequency) Signals are notable features of network transmission for devices and antennas. High voltage power lines do have quite an intense electromagnetic field that weakens RF signals therefor mobile phones will not work indoors, only roof mounted TV antenna's will work and running anything like cordless phones or wireless networks will also have network signal issues.

Viruses: Once your phone is attacked by a virus or malware, it might be running in the background, connecting to the internet without your permission and draining your phone’s resources. Take precautions by installing an antivirus program, and only get add-ons and extensions from trusted sources. Also, Inefficient antivirus software can slow down your browser speed.

Other Limiting Factors include: Diabolical DNS, Full and Uncleared Cookies/Passwords, Number of Wi-fi Users, The app or Software you are browsing with and so on

source: http://www.priceurb.com/2017/04/5-things-that-can-limit-your-internet.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by divinehand2003(m): 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Pls add the following to the list;
1- POOR INTERNET SERVICES PRODUCED BY GSM COMPANIES DUE TO USE OF OUTDATED TECHNOLOGY

2- OVERCROWDED LINES DUE TO INADEQUATE MASTS

3- Wayo and scam techniques GSM companies apply in robbing us of our money in the name of bonuses in the midst of poor internetting

24 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Egregius(m): 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Another thing is... Using glo network

19 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by 9aiboard: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
Egregius:

lol i feel your pain...you have lots of data but you cannot use it.
but i enjoy Glo when i am in a certain location,...you just have to find yours..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by clickbnkgod: 7:15am On Apr 08, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by lonelydora: 7:15am On Apr 08, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Moferere: 7:17am On Apr 08, 2017
Spot on O. P
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 08, 2017
Op kindly add that it is your view point.
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by fridayokoli: 7:19am On Apr 08, 2017
AM VERY SURE, THIS IS ONLY POSSIBLE NIGERIA......

but you can still visit http://yoloaded.com ...
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by maxiuc(m): 7:20am On Apr 08, 2017
I don't know why some people will just off their data what if someone sent u an important message nko

With my Mtn 4G am in control

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by bigass123(m): 7:25am On Apr 08, 2017
As in ehn..
I don't know what to say anymore my smile 4G LTE don dey slow now ehn and it's used to be very fast when I first bought it. Too slow fa

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by SlyCharlie(m): 7:25am On Apr 08, 2017
OP you forgot these..
Illegal Data throttling by Internet service providers(i.e MTN, Airtel)

Use of out dated technology...
Over Crowded Spectrums... Etc.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by ustavo(m): 7:25am On Apr 08, 2017
Egregius:

ONE BOTTLE OF ZOBO FOR THIS GUY

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by SuperSuave(m): 7:26am On Apr 08, 2017
angry
To imagine Glo unlimited tweak has been available for some months now and I can't use it due to their very poor network coverage in my area is sad sad Etisalat and mtn 2G fast pass Glo 3G here angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by softboiy: 7:26am On Apr 08, 2017
bring your paypal funds to me 350/$ hit me on watsapp on my signature
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by klassykute(m): 7:27am On Apr 08, 2017
lol its only in naija u will buy Glo sub of 1k for 3GB of data and be able to account for 20 MB that you used poor ntwrk wont allow u download nd customer service will still say Sir we ar sorry but u downloaded things.

am like: ehn wat did i download MTN ntwrk abi Wetin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by klassykute(m): 7:33am On Apr 08, 2017
bigass123:
As in ehn..
I don't know what to say anymore my smile 4G LTE don dey slow now ehn and it's used to be very fast when I first bought it. Too slow fa
market strategy af cash u bro

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Lamiri(m): 7:35am On Apr 08, 2017
post=55362587:
Fellow Nigerians, You all must have had one or two issues trying to browse the internet. known and unknown factors might contribute to hindering this technoholic or business activities on the web. Nigerian top service provider like MTN, Glo, Etisalat, Netcome, Cyberspace, Airtel etc have always and will always will be blamed for these issues but let me burst your bubbles 'They are not the sole course of our Network issues'. This article sheds light on notable factors that limits internet speed in Nigeria.

Internet Speed Limiting Factors are:

Network and Location: Network Strength and coverage is a vital determinant in browsing process and speed in Nigeria. This doesn't have to do with your phone type or network Spec rather it deals with the signal strength of the network provider in your location. Top Android phones with network types like GSM/CDMA, 3G and 4G/ LTE are no exception when it comes to this as they can go bar-less in a network poor zone. The best way to deal with this issue is to know the best network for your area or wherever you are travelling to across the country.

Phone Type and its Network technology: Network Strength being constant, phones on 4 or 3 bands (HSDPA and 4G bands LTE band) are pace setters and far more stable than phones on 2G bands (GSM) and Edge. you can improve your browsing experience by purchasing phones with good network technology.

Data saving and Throttle: When your device is on a data saving mood certain browsing benefits might be on restriction, most times images are off and warnings are issued before certain content are loaded from the web. Data throttle is another way to limit the Mobile Data usage in any android syslowing of Internet service by an Internet service provider after you’ve reached a certain threshold. However, bandwidth can also be set by a phone user through the mobile internet settings option or on a router while sharing Data.

Living Close to or Under a Power line: Apart from the health implications of living close to high voltage poles or wires, these implications can also affect network signals and strength. EMF and RF (Radio frequency) Signals are notable features of network transmission for devices and antennas. High voltage power lines do have quite an intense electromagnetic field that weakens RF signals therefor mobile phones will not work indoors, only roof mounted TV antenna's will work and running anything like cordless phones or wireless networks will also have network signal issues.

Viruses: Once your phone is attacked by a virus or malware, it might be running in the background, connecting to the internet without your permission and draining your phone’s resources. Take precautions by installing an antivirus program, and only get add-ons and extensions from trusted sources. Also, Inefficient antivirus software can slow down your browser speed.

Other Limiting Factors include: Diabolical DNS, Full and Uncleared Cookies/Passwords, Number of Wi-fi Users, The app or Software you are browsing with and so on

source: http://www.priceurb.com/2017/04/5-things-that-can-limit-your-internet.html
All this are true but with ntel I am covered
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by tstx(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2017
we have heard
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by jimb(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2017
I never forget wetin glo service do me last december... Glo una be bastards....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Damilolababy(f): 7:48am On Apr 08, 2017
More Trouble For Couple Who R*ped Wife’s Pregnant Friend & Uploaded It Online In Lagos

http://www.wapextra.com.ng/more-trouble-for-couple-who-rped-wifes-pregnant-friend-uploaded-it-online-in-lagos/
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Temidayo9(m): 7:49am On Apr 08, 2017
GLO can reduce your internet speed
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Airtimex(m): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2017
post=55363063:

lol i feel your pain...you have lots of data but you cannot use it.
but i enjoy Glo when i am in a certain location,...you just have to find yours..

That is very bad Na. How can we be the ones to find them, we are paying for that shiiit bro >sad
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by ikejastoresltd: 8:20am On Apr 08, 2017
Signal
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by VanBommel(m): 8:23am On Apr 08, 2017
Glo net-wack works very well in their head office, after there you're on your own angry
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Edenoscar(m): 8:32am On Apr 08, 2017
I got none of those problems but my mtn is still slow cant even make calls
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Edenoscar(m): 8:36am On Apr 08, 2017
SuperSuave:
angry
To imagine Glo unlimited tweak has been available for some months now and I can't use it due to their very poor network coverage in my area is sad sad Etisalat and mtn 2G fast pass Glo 3G here angry
which unlimited tweak is that?
Re: 5 Things That Can Limit Your Internet Speed In Nigeria by Abudu2000(m): 8:48am On Apr 08, 2017
maxiuc:
I don't know why some people will just off their data what if someone sent u an important message nko

With my Mtn 4G am in control
lol, it supprises me too man, in 2017? Infact phones should start removing data switch coz virtually everything on phone works with data, for almost a year now I can't remember when last i switched off my data or wifi, if you want ur battery to last longer, stop romancing ur phone every time grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Telcos Lose 4 Million Subscribers In One Month / NTEL Nova; A Feature Phone With 4g/volte - Discussion Thread / Umidigi A3 Unboxing & 24-hour Review, Full Specs, Camera Test + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.