Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Growing As A Child How Do You Determine Your Parents Mood When You Do Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing As A Child How Do You Determine Your Parents Mood When You Do Wrong? (606 Views)

Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable / N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? / As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing As A Child How Do You Determine Your Parents Mood When You Do Wrong? by ihesiuloa(m): 10:31am On Apr 08, 2017
While leaving with my parents growing up as kid each time I do something really bad I get a shiver of my dad's dreaded action at the time that I would take cover for him not to notice me, but each time I see him taking his tobacco snuff I would be a bit relaxed because his eyes would become watery and red while having a feeling of "someone about to sneeze " it does feel to me at that point that he is actually smiling ☺ then I have somewhat a feeling that my offense would be lessing because of his present mood.
You can share your experiences and let's laugh this weekend.
Re: Growing As A Child How Do You Determine Your Parents Mood When You Do Wrong? by RoyalBlak007: 10:35am On Apr 08, 2017
♤The

♤Eye contact
Re: Growing As A Child How Do You Determine Your Parents Mood When You Do Wrong? by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2017
From the way they call my name. If they shorten my name, I know I am safe but if they call it in full _na to go hide inside cupboard.

This system has been tested and trusted. I use this system too, I guess it rubbed off on me.

1 Like

Re: Growing As A Child How Do You Determine Your Parents Mood When You Do Wrong? by ihesiuloa(m): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
PaperLace:
From the way they call my name. If they shorten my name, I know I am safe but if they call it in full _na to go hide inside cupboard.

This system has been tested and trusted. I use this system too, I guess it rubbed off on me.
lol that too was a pointer then! if he is in a good mood or I've done something really good he usually calls me by a particular native name (Nwoke Oma) meaning" fine man! even though I was still yet a boy.
Re: Growing As A Child How Do You Determine Your Parents Mood When You Do Wrong? by Davidgrey: 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Their reaction is relative to so many variables (time, place, presence of people)

An incongruous joke is "ok" now and obviously not appropriate later

As a child, You "should" be able to read your parents and know when an act is appropriate

For instance: It's stupid to walk up to your dad and talk about your bad school grades when he just steps in through door

Same way its "totally fair" to make demands after showing him your results with good grades

These are the "BASICS" any child should know(adaptive growth)

4 Likes

Re: Growing As A Child How Do You Determine Your Parents Mood When You Do Wrong? by judey1992(m): 8:11am On Apr 09, 2017
upon coming back and mum is silent. hmmm na doorside sure pass ooo. any small movement from her will see me use the door ooo.
for mum na silence.. for dad, he died when i was still younger.

(1) (Reply)

Because Of My Mother... / This Story Is Viral On Facebook, Go Read It / A Wedding Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.