Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,565 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? (10720 Views)

Millions Of Kano Muslims Ignore Social Distancing At Friday Prayers / Muslims Hold Jumaat Prayers In Makurdi In Defiance Of Ban / Muslim Boy Prayers In Front Of RCCG Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2017
Sallamualaikun Muslim Brethren here..

I have a few questions for some of us who have strong belief in our faith..

I have read alot on how people keep repeating that anything that happens to you in Life, is The Will of the Almighty.
If the above assertion is true, then my question goes thus:
Does Allah deliberately write that some of us (me inclusive) face challenges beyond our capacity to confront?
Why did he write that some of us suffer on earth?
Why doesn't he answer prayers?
why have he neglected the unhappy?
Why does he continually bless the super rich with more riches nd looks on without helping the pauper?
I believe he can easily turn unfavorable situation to favourable but why has he refused doing that for me nd my family?
I am in alot of pains, but he didn't seems to care, is there any reason for me to keeping going to mosque when i know there's nothing there for me..

Pls answer my questions... Thanks in anticipation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by tbaba1234: 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
dbiljmer:

I have read alot on how people keep repeating that anything that happens to you in Life, is The Will of the Almighty.
Does Allah deliberately write that some of us (me inclusive) face challenges beyond our capacity to confront?
Why does he continually bless the super rich with more riches nd looks on without helping the pauper?
I believe he can easily turn unfavorable situation to favourable but why has he refused doing that for me nd my family?
I am in alot of pains, but he didn't seems to care, is there any reason for me to keeping going to mosque when i know there's nothing there for me..

I am sorry about your pain but know that Allah does not test a person beyond their capacity :

God doesnot burden any soul with more than it can bear: each gains whatever good it has done, and suffers its bad. Surah 2:286

No matter how bad it is, know that Allah has given you the strength to bear it.

Do people think they will be left alone after saying ‘We believe without being put to the test? We tested those who went before them: God will certainly mark out which ones are truthful and which are lying., (Surah 29: 2-3)

We shall certainly test you with fear and hunger, and loss of property, lives, and crops. But [Prophet], give good news to those who are steadfast, those who say, when afflicted with a calamity, ‘We belong to God and to Him we shall return.’ These will be given blessings and mercy from their Lord, and it is they who are rightly guided. (Surah 2:, 155-157)

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by tintingz(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Walaykum salaam sir/ma.

Don't worry Allah(SWT) will answer your prayer if you're patient or you can go to this thread and meet muslims that talk to different type of spirits maybe they can help you out.
>>> https://www.nairaland.com/3633308/seeing-angels-malaika
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by heftycul: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
may Allah forgive u and above all grant ur request beyond your imagination***
remember Allah loves al sabr (the patient)

3 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by olasaad(f): 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
Sorry brother for what ever his currently happening to you. But you just have to control yourself and be strong most especially in your faith.

You need to make astigifaru because your faith is shaking already and you don't trust Allah enough.

Most of us here are also having different challenges too which to tell you,you're not the only one but one thing I can never stop doing" my daily solat" I can't sleep without observing my salat completely.

But when ever I have this kind of thought, I may stop praying and asking Allah to do something for me I'll just resigned to faith and console myself with the last ayat of surat imran (200) but I can never stop praying about my year after. I make sure I read my Quran and do the recommended supplication for death because I don't really scared of it.

May Almighty Allah forgive us of all our sins both in thought and the real one.

9 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by northvietnam(m): 9:20am On Apr 14, 2017
Try JESUS
Try JESUS..

and thank me later

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nollynude: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2017
Today na Friday sef, all this dumb Muslim threads up and down undecided

24 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Praktikals(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2017
Pray to God in the name of Jesus and see the difference for yourself.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by abusurv(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2017
northvietnam:
Try JESUS

Try JESUS..

and thank me later
J
JESUS cannot even save himself that he has to start crying OH father oh father why has though forsaken me when he was nailed to the cross, he is the one you are now advising him to try? Please be serious

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Jumeeeeesal(m): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2017
northvietnam:
Try JESUS

Try JESUS..

and thank me later
. Prophet Issa our prophet we luvd him so much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by nicely41: 9:40am On Apr 14, 2017
Bro relax please, Allah will surely answer your prayer, recite this prayer 2000 times everyday " Allahu Akbaru Allahu Akbaru Allah Allah Lailahailallah Lailahailahuwa Lailahailahuwa Uwa Uwa Allah Allah. with this you will share testimony

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by cr7rooney10(m): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2017
Y answering those ignorance .this remember cant benefit the disbeliever the only make jest of themselves but don't know
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2017
.... Never say your prayers were not answered....

Let me give you a short story. I love good stuff, but like everyone else, want to pay the least possible for em grin

1. December 2016, I saw one Europe version 2013 Toyota Camry, i had the cash, but i bluffed and offered 3.5m for it. Someone else paid 3.9m and took the car

2. I called the buyer and immediately offered him 4m because i had gone to Elizade and found out 2016 Camry was going for 32m shocked
The buyer insisted on 4.3m. My pride was hurt, couldn't pay 400k extra for something i could have bought.

3. Fast-forward... March 2017. Saw the replica of the car....so clean! kiss at 4.5m. Because i had seen how prices were, was ready to shell out 600k more than i would have paid 3 months previously. I had been looking at the UK version because it was so unique...

4. While doing Customs papers back-check, guess what i found?

a) THE CAR IN NUMBER 3 WAS THE SAME IN 1! I could have paid 600k more
b) The reason why the car was being passed around was because it had FAKE CUSTOM CLEARANCE...

I backed out of the deal...Someone else paid on the spot.

Sorry for the epistle, but lessons learned? See pictures attached....

EPILOGUE: I was called by a dealer YESTERDAY & offered a 2015 Honda Accord for #3million...same car goes for #8million.
shocked
Super mega clean...had the cash, but was hesitant because it might be stolen. While i was doing "background checks", the car was sold! cry

I was crushed and i felt the way you do right now. But do you know how i consoled myself?

Allah is ALL-MIGHTY. He was the one who showed me the opportunity and He has many more. I missed it, but i know it was for a reason.

JUMAT MUBARAK ( Allah knows this is a true story)

13 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by yusasiv(m): 9:42am On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

when situation like this arises, check urself, look for ur wrongs and make them right, seek Allah's forgiveness and stop seeking for life pleasure.... for all Allah has created, his forgiveness surpasses all...
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by DaudaAbu(m): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2017
In hadith six of an nawawis collection

Are you clothed, fed, raised in haram?

how then do Allah answers such prayer.

Rem;

patient. He had answered you, only you did not know

1 Like

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by bqlekan(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2017
All these baffled sometime ago, but a visit to hospitals, mental asylum and grave yards changed my perspectives about life. Life is a journey and death is the destination., if you've been having a smooth ride, your destination is probably not far away. Only a long road is filled with bumps, slopes, bends and smooth lanes. Just relax, if you are in any difficult situation now, you probably have a long journey ahead. Smooth lane lies ahead of you. Never steer off the road, don't take a shortcut, you will get there. Insha Allah.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Scream(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2017
This is fraud...I clicked on their warning to see the options I have, it closed. MOD, ensure that that Muslim thing does not appear on my profile. I love Jehovah

Please there is no god/allah like Jehovah! I believe in Him, he is the almighty God who gave his only begotten son to die for our sins. His name Jesus has been lifted above every other name. At the name of Jesus every kneel must bow and every tongue confess that he is Lord.

I'm out...

21 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Billionaireike: 9:54am On Apr 14, 2017
northvietnam:
Try JESUS

Try JESUS..

and thank me later

You don't try Jesus, you believe Him. @OP, He alone saves and answers prayers. He is, was and is to come. Believe Jesus today by saying this short prayers.

Lord Jesus
Come into my life
Be my Lord and Saviour
Forgive me my sins
Today I confess you as my Lord.
In Jesus Name. Amen.

If you just say this prayer, believe in the Name Jesus then thank me letter.

21 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by ollah2: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2017
northvietnam:
Try JESUS

Try JESUS..

and thank me later

You mean the white guy that couldn't save his own soul while he died on the cross like a chicken with two other thieves??
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by aminu790(m): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2017
seek for repentance and your prayers shall be answered may ALLAH forgive all our sin amen

2 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by newguy1(m): 10:05am On Apr 14, 2017
Going through similar predicament right now, was so anrgry with Allah that I have said lots of wrong things in my mind to him but as said my previous commenter. Stay strong and hope things get better
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by zainabxel(f): 10:08am On Apr 14, 2017
Prayers will never solve your problems.
Hardwork, wisdom, and preparing to grasp oppurtunitues will.
Tell me one advantage that religious people have over non religious people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Matican: 10:08am On Apr 14, 2017
Many people are mistaken about the issue of du’aa’ in many ways. With regard to your question we want to point out two mistakes:

1 – You think that du’aa’ is answered just because you say du’aa’. This is wrong, because there are conditions for du’aa’s to be answered and there are impediments which prevent it from being answered.

For a detailed discussion concerning this matter, please see the answer to question no.(https://islamqa.info/en/5113)

In that discussion you will see that one of the impediments to du’aa’ being answered in your case is your being impatient and getting frustrated.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person will still be answered so long as his du’aa’ does not involve sin or severing ties of kinship, and so long as he does not become impatient.” It was said: O Messenger of Allaah, what does being impatient mean? He said: “Saying, I said du’aa’, and I said du’aa’, and I did not receive any response, then he becomes frustrated and stops saying du’aa’.” Narrated by Muslim (2735).

2 – You think that the response can only be of one kind, which is getting what you asked for in du’aa’ such as wealth, children, a job and so on. This is wrong, because the response may be of three types: it may be by getting what one asked for in du’aa’, or it may be that evil commensurate with one’s du’aa’ is warded off, or that may be stored up for one as reward for the Day of Resurrection.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no Muslim who does not offer any du’aa’ in which there is no sin or severing of family ties but Allaah will give him one of three things in return: either He will answer his du’aa’ sooner, or he will store it up for him in the Hereafter, or He will divert an equivalent evil away from him because of it.” They said: “We will say a lot of du’aa’.” He said: “Allaah is more generous.” Narrated by Ahmad (10749), classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb (1633).

If a Muslim is falling short in his worship and obedience, that should make him feel that he is not worthy of having his du’aa’ answered, and perhaps that will motivate him to do more acts of worship and obedience that will bring him closer to Allaah. If the caller believes that he has done that which Allaah loves and is pleased with, and that he deserves an answer, that will make him think badly of his Lord, may He be exalted, and will make him feel let down and begin to despair, until he wishes that he could escape from life by committing suicide. All of that, unfortunately, we can see in your words.

This is unlike the one who is aware of his shortcomings before his Lord. This will make him think badly of himself, not of his Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, and that will motivate him to keep away from forbidden things and do obligatory things, and to follow the path of piety, and to avoid overindulging in permissible things which may distract him from obeying his Lord.

Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: It was narrated that ‘Umar Ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: By avoiding that which Allaah has forbidden, Allaah will accept du’aa’ and tasbeeh. And it was narrated that Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The amount of du’aa’ with righteousness that is sufficient is like the amount of salt that is sufficient with food.” And Muhammad ibn Waasi’ said: A little du’aa’ is sufficient with piety.

One of the salaf said: Do not expect a response when you have blocked the way with sins. One of the poets also commented on this by saying:

We call upon Allaah for every hardship, then we forget Him when the hardship is relieved.

How can we hope for an answer to our du’aa’s, when we have blocked its way with sins?

Jaami’ al-‘Uloom wa’l-Hukam (1/107, 108).

Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

It was said to Ibraaheem ibn Adham: Why is it that we supplicate and receive no response?

He said because you know Allaah but you do not obey Him, and you know the Messenger but you do not follow his Sunnah, and you know the Qur’aan but you do not act in accordance with it, and you eat from the blessings of Allaah but you do not give thanks for them, and you know Paradise but you do not seek it, and you know Hell but you do not flee from it, and you know the shaytaan but you do not fight him rather you agree with him, and you know death but you do not prepare for it, and you have buried the dead but you do not learn a lesson from that, and you ignore your own faults and are preoccupied with other people’s faults.

Tafseer al-Qurtubi (2/312).

Study this brilliant passage from the writings of Ibn al-Jawzi concerning this matter. He (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

I think part of the test is when a believer supplicates and receives no response, and he repeats the du’aa’ for a long time and sees no sign of a response. He should realize that this is a test and needs patience.

What a person experiences of waswaas when the response is delayed is a sickness which needs medicine, I have experienced this myself. A calamity befell me and I supplicated and did not see any response, and Iblees started to lay his traps. Sometimes he said : The generosity (of Allaah) is abundant and He is not miserly, so why is there a delay?

I said to him: Be gone, O cursed one, for I have no need of anyone to argue my case and I do not want you as a supporter!

Then I told myself: Beware of going along with his whispers, for if there was no other reason for the delay except that Allaah is testing you to see whether you will fight the enemy, that is sufficient wisdom.

My soul (nafs) said: How could you explain the delay in the response of Allaah to your prayers for relief from this calamity?

I said: It is proven with evidence that Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, is the Sovereign, and the Sovereign may withhold or give, so there is no point in objecting to Him.

2 – The wisdom behind that is proven in definitive evidence. I may think that something is good, but wisdom does not dictate it, but the reason for that may be hidden, just as a doctor may do things that appear outwardly to be harmful, intending some good purpose thereby. Perhaps this is something of that nature.

3 – There may be an interest to be served by delay, and haste may be harmful. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person will be fine so long as he does not become impatient and says, ‘I prayed but I did not receive any answer.’”

4 – The response may be withheld because of some fault in you. Perhaps there was something dubious in what you ate or your heart was heedless at the time when you said the du’aa’, or your punishment is being increased by means of your need being withheld, because of some sin from which you have not repented sincerely.

So look for some of these reasons, so that you might achieve your aim.

5 – You should examine the intention behind this request, because attaining it may lead to more sin, or prevent you from doing some good, so withholding it is better.

It was narrated that one of the salaf used to ask Allaah to help him to go out on campaign, but a voice called out to him: If you go out on campaign you will be taken prisoner, and if you are taken prisoner you will become a Christian!

6 – Perhaps losing what you have missed out on will cause you to turn to Allaah and getting it will distract you from Him. This is obvious, based on the fact that were it not for this calamity you would not have turned to Him, because the real calamity is what distracts you from Him, but what makes you stand before Him is good for you and is in your best interests.

If you ponder these things you will focus on what is more beneficial for you, such as correcting a mistake or seeking forgiveness or standing before Allaah and beseeching Him, and forget about what you have missed out on . End quote.

Sayd al-Khaatir (59-60).

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

6 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by spyroxy1(m): 10:13am On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

Wa alaykumussalaam warahmatullah wabarakatuhu

Praise be to Allaah.
Imaam Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
“Du’aa’s and ta’awwudhaat [prayers seeking refuge with Allaah] are like a weapon, and a weapon is only as good as the person who is using it; it is not merely the matter of how sharp it is. If the weapon is perfect and free of faults, and the arm of the person using it is strong, and there is nothing stopping him, then he can lay waste the enemy. But if any of these three features is lacking, then the effect will be lacking accordingly.”
(al-Daa’ wa’l-Dawaa’, p. 35).
From this it will be clear that there is an etiquette and rulings which must be fulfilled, in the du’aa’ and in the person making the du’aa’. There are also things that may prevent the du’aa’ reaching Allaah or being answered – these things must be removed from the person making the du’aa’ and from the du’aa’. When all of these conditions are fulfilled, then the du’aa’ may be answered.
1. Sincerity in making du’aa’. This is the most important condition. Allaah has commanded us to be sincere when making du’aa’, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“So, call you (O Muhammad and the believers) upon (or invoke) Allaah making (your) worship pure for Him (Alone) (by worshipping none but Him and by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allaah’s sake only and not to show off and not to set up rivals with Him in worship)” [Ghaafir 40:14].
Sincerity in du’aa’ means having the firm belief that the One upon Whom you are calling – Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted – is alone Able to meet your need, and it also means avoiding any kind of showing off in your du’aa’.
2. Repentance and turning back to Allaah. Sin is one of the main reasons why du’aa’s are not answered, so the person who is making du’aa’ should hasten to repent and seek forgiveness before he makes du’aa’. Allaah tells us that Nooh (peace be upon him) said:
“I said (to them): ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance, And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.’ ” [Nooh 71:10-12]
3. Beseeching, humbling oneself, hoping for Allaah’s reward and fearing His punishment. This is the spirit, essence and purpose of du’aa’. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors” [al-A’raaf 7:55].
4. Urgently beseeching and repeating the du’aa’, without getting exasperated or bored; this is achieved by repeating the du’aa’ two or three times. Restricting it to three times is preferable, in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) liked to say a du’aa’ three times and ask for forgiveness three times. This was narrated by Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa’i.
5. Making du’aa’ at times of ease, and saying more du’aa’s at times of plenty. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Remember Allaah during times of ease and He will remember you during times of hardship.” Narrated by Ahmad.
6. Seeking to draw closer to Allaah by calling upon Him by His Most Beautiful Names and Sublime Attributes at the beginning of the du’aa’ or at the end. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them” [al-A’raaf 7:180].
7. Choosing the clearest and most concise words and the best of du’aa’s. The best of du’aa’s are the du’aa’s of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but it is permissible to say other words according to the specific needs of a person.
Other aspects of the etiquette of making du’aa’, although they are not waajib (obligatory), are: to face the Qiblah; to make du’aa’ in a state of tahaarah (purity); to start the du’aa’ with praise of Allaah and blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is also prescribed to raise the hands when making du’aa’.
One of the things that helps to bring a response to du’aa’ is to seek the best times and places.
Among the best times is the time just before Fajr (dawn), the last third of the night, the last hour of Jumu’ah (Friday), when rain is falling, and between the Adhaan and iqaamah.
Among the best places are mosques in general, and al-Masjid al-Haraam [in Makkah] in particular.
Among the situations in which du’aa’ is more likely to be answered are: when one is mistreated or oppressed, when one is travelling, when one is fasting, when one is in desperate need, and when a Muslim makes du’aa’ for his brother in his absence.
Things which may prevent du’aa’ from being answered include:
1. When the du’aa’ is weak in itself, because it involves something inappropriate, or involves bad manners towards Allaah, may He be exalted, or it is inappropriate, which means asking Allaah for something which it is not permitted to ask, e.g. when a man asks to live forever in this world, or he asks for a sin or something haraam, or he prays that he will die, and so on. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person's du’aa’s will continue to be answered so long as he does not pray for something sinful or for the breaking of family ties.” Narrated by Muslim.
2. When the person who is making du’aa’ is weak in himself, because he is faint-hearted in his turning towards Allaah. This may be either because of bad manners towards Allaah, may He be exalted – such as raising his voice in du’aa’ or making du’aa’ in the manner of one who thinks he has no need of Allaah; or because he pays too much attention to the wording and tries to come up with unnecessarily ornate phrases, without paying attention to the meaning; or because he tries too hard to weep or shout without really feeling it, or he goes to extremes in that.
3. The reason why his du’aa’ is not answered may be because he has done something that Allaah has forbidden, such as having haraam wealth – whether it be food or drink or clothing or accommodation or transportation, or he has taken a haraam job, or the stain of sin is still in his heart, or he is following bid’ah (innovation) in religion, or his heart has been overtaken by negligence.
4. Consuming haraam wealth. This is one of the major reasons why du’aa’s are not answered. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, Allaah is Good and only accepts that which is good. Allaah commanded the pious to follow the same commandments as He gave to the Messengers. He says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘O (you) Messengers! Eat of the Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables, fruits)] and do righteous deeds. Verily, I am Well-Acquainted with what you do’ [al-Mu’minoon 23:51]
‘O you who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism)! Eat of the lawful things that We have provided you with’ [al-Baqarah 2:172]
Then he mentioned a man who has travelled on a long journey and is dishevelled and covered with dust; he stretches forth his hands to the heaven, (saying) “O Lord, O Lord”, but his food is haraam, his drink is haraam, all his nourishment is haraam, so how can he du’aa’ be accepted?” Narrated by Muslim.
The man described by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had some of the characteristics which help du’aa’s to be answered – he was travelling and he was in need of Allaah, may He be exalted and glorified – but the fact that he consumed haraam wealth prevented his du’aa’ from being answered. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.
5. Trying to hasten the response. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of any one of you will be answered so long as he is not impatient and says, ‘I made du’aa’ but it was not answered.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
6. Making the du’aa’ conditional, such as saying, “O Allaah, forgive me if You will” or “O Allaah, have mercy upon me if You will.” The person who makes du’aa’ has to be resolute in his supplication, striving hard and earnestly repeating his du’aa’. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Let not any one of you say, ‘O Allaah, forgive me if You will, O Allaah, have mercy on me if You will.’ Let him be resolute in the matter, whilst knowing that no one can compel Allaah to do anything.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
In order for du’aa’s to be answered, it is not essential to adhere to all of these points and be free of all that could prevent one’s du’aa’s from being answered. That is something which happens very rarely. But one has to try hard and strive towards achieving this.
Another important point is to realize that the response to the du’aa’ may take different forms: either Allaah will respond and fulfil the desire of the person who made the du’aa’, or He will ward off some evil from him because of the du’aa’, or He will make something good easy for him to attain because of it, or He will save it with Him for him on the Day of Resurrection when he will be most in need of it. And Allaah knows best.

4 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by 0000000: 10:14am On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

Salam @ OP.
1. I refer you to Surat Ankabut ( the Spider) in the holy Quran where Allah (SWT) in the first verse says "Ahasiban Nasu.... Do people think we would not test them simply because they say they believe (in Allah & the rasool (SWT)." Also see the next verse to know what Allah promises those who are patient and perserve.
2. I also heard of a Hadith where Rasool lillah (SWT) said on the day of judgement , people's unanswered duas shall be brought to them and converted to good deeds such that when they see the quantity of good deeds arising from their unanswered duas they shall say "O how I wish Allah (SWT) never answered a single dua of mine while I was on earth".
3. Now, I can deduce that all your " unanswered" duas are related to worldly things.Perhaps, good health,a good job,Wife, family, real estate etc (since you cannot tell if those of the hereafter have been answered until you get there ). We can both agree that all the things you are praying for are "a means to an end". As an example , a good job doesnt guarantee financial security, a good house doesnt guarantee comfort or security nor does good health guarantee enjoying life, the list goes on and on. The point here is that our worldly prayers are for means to make our ends meet. But are we sure the means we pray for ,if granted shall give us a happy end ?
4. I ll advise you to be steadfast in saying the istigiffar and Hamd-a-Allah. You shall be surprised by how Allah (SWT) shall provide alternative and better means to achieving your final goals in life and in the hereafter-Insha Allah. Wallahu ala kullu shai in kadir.

3 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Danmaiduguri(m): 10:19am On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful
Muslims will endure many trials throughout their lives. Allah tests us with hardship and also prosperity in order to validate the sincerity of our faith.
Allah said:
ﺍﻟَّﺬِﻱ ﺧَﻠَﻖَ ﺍﻟْﻤَﻮْﺕَ ﻭَﺍﻟْﺤَﻴَﺎﺓَ ﻟِﻴَﺒْﻠُﻮَﻛُﻢْ ﺃَﻳُّﻜُﻢْ ﺃَﺣْﺴَﻦُ ﻋَﻤَﻠًﺎ ﻭَﻫُﻮَ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺰِﻳﺰُ ﺍﻟْﻐَﻔُﻮﺭُ
It is he who created death and life to test which of you are best in deed, for he is the Almighty, the Forgiving.
Surat al-Mulk 67:2
Allah, Glory be to Him, says in the Quran: "Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, 'We believe,' and that they will not be tested? We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false" (Quran, 29: 2-3).

Mus’ab ibn Sa’eed reported: His father asked, “O Messenger of Allah, which people are tested most severely?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “ They are the prophets, then the next best, then the next best. A man is tried according to his religion. If he is firm in his religion, then his trials will be more severe. If he is weak in his religion, then he is tried according to his strength in religion. The servant will continue to be tried until he is left walking upon the earth without any sin .”
Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2398
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to At-Tirmidhi

The Prophet Ayyub had plenty of livestock, cattle and crops, many children and beautiful houses, and he was tested in these things, losing every thing he had. Then he was tested with regard to his body, and he was left alone on the edge of the city and there was no one who treated him with compassion apart from his wife, who took care of him. It was said that it reached the stage where she was in need, so she started to serve people (to earn money) for his sake.

“ And (remember) Ayyub, when he cried to his Lord: “Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy. ” “So We answered his call, and We removed the distress that was on him, and We restored his family to him, and the like thereof along with them as a mercy from Ourselves and a Reminder for all those who worship Us. ” (21:83-84)

So tests and calamities are a blessing in disguise and Allah wanting us to get closer to him so if we bare with in with Patience hoping for reward then Allah is with us and best of all we will get closer to Allah and feel true contentment and happiness in the heart and we will attain Paradise inshallah.

2 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by snezBaba: 10:26am On Apr 14, 2017
Nollynude:
Today na Friday sef, all this dumb Muslim threads up and down undecided
But you're commenting on the same dumb thread. what does that make you ?
Rêtard ....

1 Like

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by akanbiaa(m): 10:30am On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

Everyone has his challenges from health, wealth, love, happiness, family, job etc but know that even the Prophets of Allah were given difficult trials that some almost gave up and for the fact that you are being tried that means the devil sees you have potential of making heaven and would not like that so he will tempt you to give up on Allah and Allah is also watching you and know that when Allah blesses you it can affect all your generations so also is the opposite and the air you breathe have you thanked Allah for that? Your sight, your hands, your legs etc my advice is win the devil by remaining steedfast, endure and be patient and increase your good deeds, Most importantly look at those below you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Be Waliyy (saint) Because My Dad Is Waliyy ? / 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia / Why Do Muslims Pay Zakat ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.