Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? (13266 Views)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by sakalisis(m): 10:30am On Apr 09, 2017
na who I go ask
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Apina(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2017
jaymejate:
Because it is or was... The dsy Jesus rode on Donkey and people laying palm for him to pass.

The real question is

WHAT IS THE MEANING, SPIRITUAL MEANING OF IT?
The crowds action as Jesus rode into Jerusalem is where the name palm Sunday originated from, cos they cut off palm fronds and placed them on the ground as he rode by. The people believed Jesus was the political messiah sent to liberate them from the hands of the Roman's which was an illusion on their part. The spiritual meaning as you have asked, is embedded in the intention of their actions which I believe has posed a grave threat to contemporary Christianity. Prosperity is the gospel of the day in most acclaimed churches instead of salvation, and that's why most people fall prey to those who extort them in the name of Christ, who's message primary purpose is for the salvation of souls and not attainment of wealth as most have come to put at the top of their list.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by smartty68(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2017
winkmart:
It's because Palm Wine flows easily on that day
If you have nothing reasonable to say why not keep quiet afterall we Christians don't pognose in your Muslim religion on NairaLand

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by mercichoco(f): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2017
tstx:
Because Jesus wore palm slippers throughout that sunday
lol, Your mumu don ripe.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by HRich(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2017
henrydadon:
but oga seun why is it that to comment on a post in muslim section i have swear an oath and claim being a muslim..

but to comment on Christian sections we don't do that..

i dont understand what going on here

Is because Nigeria is a Christian Country the World at large too
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2017
Because Palmwine was drank on that day shocked
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by rattlesnake(m): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2017
bishop4life:

When you don't know something, keep kwayet.
are u ze fope?
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by tstx(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2017
smartty68:

You must be silly for opening that gutter you call mouth to utter rubbish.

Go and bow down to Allah and continue with the killing of innocent Christians and stop pognosing
Mr man stop embarrassing we Christians.. so if someone says something you don't like about Jesus he/she automatically becomes a Muslim.. Are you not ashamed of yourself.??
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by smartty68(m): 10:54am On Apr 09, 2017
tstx:
[s]Mr man stop embarrassing we Christians.. so if someone says something you don't like about Jesus he/she automatically becomes a Muslim.. Are you not ashamed of yourself.??[/s]

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by fujirice: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

We don't just like it. We're the originators
Here we go again
*throws hands in the air*
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 09, 2017
henrydadon:
but oga seun why is it that to comment on a post in muslim section i have swear an oath and claim being a muslim..

You are right my brother, I noticed the anomaly too, it is nothing but religious discrimination. Meanwhile we have terrorist Muslims writing nonsensical things about Pastors and Christianity in the name of comment every day

Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Debaddest(m): 11:05am On Apr 09, 2017
henrydadon:

Islamic religion is a secret society

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by FTBOY: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2017
so today is palm sunday

no wonder i saw one man last night carrying a bunch of palm fronds...i thought they were meant for goats.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by winkmart: 11:10am On Apr 09, 2017
smartty68:

If you have nothing reasonable to say why not keep quiet afterall we Christians don't pognose in your Muslim religion on NairaLand

In your mind, you just made sense
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by BEASTER(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
Please . Why is the Sunday before the resurrection called Palm
Sunday?
It is call palm Sunday because it mark the end of of JESUS CHRIST public ministry.

Happy Palm Sunday!
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by FTBOY: 11:14am On Apr 09, 2017
henrydadon:

it's terrible, mehn!

even hateful muslims open sacrilegious threads about christianity and get the mods to put them on front page.

we all know seun osewa is an atheist...but his affiliation with islam is what i find queer.
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by kinethic: 11:15am On Apr 09, 2017
It's not biblical , it's religious rituals established by men.. it's tradition that is widely accepted by many but not acceptable before God.
It was never commanded by God to be commemorated and it's against his will. Don't believe or accept whatsoever any explanation on this thread that is outside the word of God.
Most Christians prefer man made traditions followed by many without verifying the approval from God's word and Will.
Christians of our time are lazy and don't like persecution for standing for the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by BEASTER(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2017
It is call palm Sunday because this day, palm Sunday mark the end of JESUS CHRIST public ministry.
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 09, 2017
fujirice:

Here we go again
*throws hands in the air*

Rice man. Man are you throwing your hands in the air?
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Shafiiimran99: 11:21am On Apr 09, 2017
henrydadon:

Is because jesus was a jew not christian, he never worship on sunday but saturday, he followed moses not paul, the word "bible" does not appear in the book call bible, jesus called himsef son of man not son of god, whenever he performed miracle he try as much as possible to make it secret unlike men of gods that publicize their magic when they do show etc. In summary, 99.9% of what christianity contains was not from jesus but from roman pagan

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 09, 2017
kinethic:
It's not biblical , it's religious rituals established by men.. it's tradition that is widely accepted by many but not acceptable before God.
It was never commanded by God to be commemorated and it's against his will. Don't believe or accept whatsoever any explanation on this thread that is outside the word of God.
Most Christians prefer man made traditions followed by many without verifying the approval from God's word and Will.
Christians of our time are lazy and don't like persecution for standing for the truth.

Where did God command you to brush your teeth everyday or even to use internet?

What is so so wrong with commemorating a real event?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by henrydadon(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
Is because jesus was a jew not christian, he never worship on sunday but saturday, he followed moses not paul, the word "bible" does not appear in the book call bible, jesus called himsef son of man not son of god, whenever he performs miracle he as much as possible to make it secret unlike men of gods that publicize their mage when they do show etc. In summary, 99.9% of what christianity contains was not from jesus but from roman pagan

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by echepops(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
Please . Why is the Sunday before the resurrection called Palm
Sunday?

Happy Palm Sunday!
Palm Sunday reminds us of Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Read the scriptures
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by wittywitty(f): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2017
read my post on what u should know about Catholics
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by BetaThings: 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
smartty68:

Abi you don't know that Muslim religion na cult?
Seun is just bias.
Were you honest, you would allow Seun to answer the question
And the hypocrisy and machination of your religion would be exposed for ALL to see
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by BetaThings: 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
FTBOY:
it's terrible, mehn!

even hateful muslims open sacrilegious threads about christianity and get the mods to put them on front page.

we all know seun osewa is an atheist...but his affiliation with islam is what i find queer.

I dare and challenge you to justify your statement with statistics
Count all the "hateful and sacrilegious" posts by Muslims and
Count all the "hateful and sacrilegious" posts by Christians
and please include links
And then tell us the outcome

If you are not able to do so, I will put it to you that your religion of Christianity is the intolerant, hate-filled movement, surviving on wickedly false accusations and scare mongering
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Missonas(f): 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
In the GOSPEL of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is were we can find stories about Jesus. His birth, ministry and death. Now according to their writings The truimphant entry took place long before His arrest. But in the catholic church the church picked up some specific readings that follow up His passion and death. The story of the samaritan woman that asked for living water is one, lazarus's ressurection is another and the truimphant entry is among. In the whole 6weeks of lent these readings in church have never been exempted yearly.

From these readings we see Jesus as who He really is. The God of the living. Ever wonder why we do not have a Patron or saint of the dead? Because as far as we are concerned there is NO DEATH IN CHRIST. On Palm sunday a King was celebrated a week later the church mourns that same King alas He is more alive in death. THE CELEBRATED KING IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE KING!!! GOD BE PRAISED!!!

Ps remember to save your palm for next years ash wednesday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by smartty68(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
BetaThings:

Were you honest, you would allow Seun to answer the question
And the hypocrisy and machination of your religion would be exposed for ALL to see
Before you start saying what you don't know, look at the screenshot below. ITK

Before you are allowed to comment on a Muslim thread you must agree that you're a Muslim. SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Missonas(f): 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Where did God command you to brush your teeth everyday or even to use internet?

What is so so wrong with commemorating a real event?
Honestly bro I av learnt to look and look away. Its ok to know the truth like he does but the problem some have is acceptance. U cant force em".

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
Missonas:
U cant force em".

Truth
Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by ipodstinks: 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
henrydadon:

Seun is an athiest who vreated himself but does not know where he came from. I have posted a topic on the issue before but was hidden. see the screenshot of the topic. So save your breath

Re: Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? by FTBOY: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
BetaThings:

I dare and challenge you to justify your statement with statistics
Count all the "hateful and sacrilegious" posts by Muslims and
Count all the "hateful and sacrilegious" posts by Christians
and please include links
And then tell us the outcome

If you are not able to do so, I will put it to you that your religion of Christianity is the intolerant, hate-filled movement, surviving on wickedly false accusations and scare mongering
i didn't even need to look further...you're one of those muslims who defame christianity on nairaland. see your threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/880785/8-church-members-trying-bomb

https://www.nairaland.com/3176072/christians-real-problem-christianisation-not

while you conveniently created the first thread in your muslim section, you created the other in the religion section...and you didn't have to swear an oath.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People / Qualification For Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.