Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) (12011 Views)

How Is Your Spiritual Life? / Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life / Describe Your Spiritual Life In A Sentence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by akintom(m): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2017
OP,
You're very normal, in what you're experiencing now.

*at the age of reason, the "psychoactive effects" (like weed) of religious beliefs, begin to wear off.

This occurs when you take a break from religious sphere, and you observe your world via rational lens.

*just like the discomfort experienced by folks, on withdrawal therapy from weed, you will also feel uncomfortable withdrawing from delusionary "highs" of religious beliefs.

* just as the discomfort of weed smokers, is relieved by taking some "drags", so also will a walk into a church, where emotional and reason inhibiting songs and gist fill the air, relieve religion induced mental discomfort.

Exactly what 99% of Christians here, are prescribing for you.

Consider the following:

*ability to believe anything (true or false) is innate.

*religious faith is act of believing sth as true, when such belief is without and against REASON.

*Rational thinking and behavior, are acts that are founded on evidence informed facts/beliefs.

*now that sufficient doubt of evidential existence of God, has infected your mind, the only cure of your discomfort, is to take doses of books that teach rational thinking and behavior.

1 Like

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by pweetychyka(f): 9:15am On Apr 09, 2017
luvola:
mine is worst.sad face#

So u think... some others can't speak out!
Buh keep reading people's comment here, u most definitely will find one that will help!

1 Like

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by chloride6: 9:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Demigods666:

Please read to the end and For the duration of this article, please take everything you think you know about Satan, Demons, and Satanism and push it aside. I am here to challenge what you think you know about the world around you. Not everyone who reads this will agree with the information provided. Thank you for keeping an open mind.

Spiritual Satanism is the oldest religion known to mankind. We can also be called Pagans, but Spiritual Satanism is the name Satan gave to us during this era. It is a polytheistic religion. This means we believe in more than one god. Who do we believe in? All of the ancient Gods in most human cultures. This includes, but is not limited to, the Sumerian, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, and Norse Gods and Goddesses. Our Creator God is our “main” god. His name is Satan. He is not the Satan of The Bible. He predates mainstream religion. Some of our Gods are known in The Bible as Demons. Our Gods are “evil” and are not of The Bible. We know our Gods as real beings that live on their own planet similar to our Earth.

Earth and the life inhabiting it are gifts to Satan’s children, the Gentiles. The biggest gift Satan has given us Gentiles is the ability to empower our souls to reach our godhead. This means to become like our Gods. To become immortal or spiritually and physically perfect beings. This happens through daily meditation and yoga. You must be patient and persistent.

Satan and the Gods protect those who are dedicated Spiritual Satanists. This means you have performed the Dedication Ritual. The ritual is your promise to work for Satan and to empower yourself. This is NOT the same thing as “selling your soul.” Satan guides us so we can learn how to take care of ourselves or to “save” our own souls. He helps us in our time of need. He does not hide from us and he will appear to his children. Each dedicated Spiritual Satanist will have one or more Guardian Demon. These Gods work with us one on one to help guide and teach us when Satan cannot. Satan and the Gods are very busy beings and cannot be there for all Spiritual Satanists at all times. After one dedicates the Gods will protect us after our deaths. This is to ensure we get safely reincarnated.

In Spiritual Satanism there is no “sin” and there are no strict rules that dictate how we live our lives. Satan says this himself in the Al Jilwah (The Black Book of Satan), “I allow everyone to follow the dictates of his own nature, but he that opposes me will regret it sorely.” This simply means as long as you are loyal to Father Satan he does not care how you live your life. Satan teaches us true freedom. The freedom to think and act as we please. He urges us to question everything and to follow our curiosity. He shows us true spirituality, true power, and the reason why we don’t need to fear.

Spiritual Satanists do perform rituals. None of these rituals involve sacrifices. Sacrificial rituals are present in other religions such as Christianity. Satan loves all wildlife and his children. He would never condone such atrocities. Satan also does not tolerate the spirit abuse that has been wrongfully taught. Our Gods have been victimized for far too long.

I do hope you have found this article interesting. If you have any questions please ask. I’m not here to force you into Spiritual Satanism. Spiritual Satanists do not push Satanism. I’m here to give information to those who want it. I will continue to post various topics about Spiritual Satanism, so stay tuned. All of this information can be found on the website below. I would not have this information if it wasn’t for Satan, the Gods, and JoS Ministries.

http://joyofsatan.org/

I pity you, NL's go finish you today grin
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by maybel(m): 9:18am On Apr 09, 2017
somadinho10:
I am having the same problems just that mine is worst.... ...... I sometimes wonder if God exist
God is in existence my brother but I must tell you that the grace of God is sufficient to have an encounter with him quickly or latter days. He works in mysterious ways. You think it's by your power you sleep and wake up everyday?Not at all. Don't you even think it's a miracle sleeping and waking up everyday?You see, God used a witch to reveal how gracious and merciful he's been to me even though I have seen so many men of God. Not everyone has this kind of grace. Pray to God you want to have an encounter with him and he will reveal himself to you. Since that witch confessed to me, my life has changed. I have been more humble and tolerant since her confessions. Our God is a God of wonders if you can be close to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by barcaboi(m): 9:19am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

please i need your candid advice please lead a Brother to a right path.

I found out that am lost, and am Weak spiritually .

I don't read my bible i find it so boring, even flipping throw the pages of the bible is something i hate doing.

I can't remember when last i step my foot in church, maybe 4years ago.

I hardly pray, even when am about to sleep, or wake up i find it so irritating in fact when the family is up to prayer the don't bother to call me, because the the know i won't come.

Okay , this morning i heard my parent and siblings singing song , the were about to pray, i force myself to attend the morning prayer, when i got there, my mum and dad were happy, even without being told, i saw it in their face. my dad asked me to lead the family in short prayer. I was shocked that i couldn't pray , i was stammering when praying, i didn't know the exactly words to use. This really touch me, i really want to change , i love God, i believe in His existence. please i will appreciate every piece of advice thanks.

Lalasticlala, mynd44 ishilove. i need you guys more than ever thanks.
the 1st stage of redemption is what u feel already; the eagerness to know God.....ur family is ur church; where one or 2 are gathered God said he is there.....a church building is just an addition. ....
prayer, alms giving and fasting is another part that people ignore......a random beggar is d recipient of such gift
*the word of God.....read it and actually understand. ..don't let no man twist d bible in d name of pastor
*I fall short too many times but God help us
this daily bible study cld help www.dailyscripture.servantsoftheword.org/readings/
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by kelcy1: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2017
First you have ask God to forgive you in any way you wronged him, then ask him to give you direction as you find your way back to him. Join your family church or any good church so they can help you grow spiritual. You also have to read your Bible, guide your self with amour of God so you can withstand temptations.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by paskyboy: 9:21am On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by paskyboy: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2017
How to give your life to Christ:

1. Admit you are a sinner and need forgiveness.

2. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.

3. Through prayer, confess that Jesus Christ is the only way to God and commit to live for Him for the rest of your life.

What to Pray:

Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave to give me life. I know You are the only way to God so now I want to quit disobeying You and start living for You. Please forgive me, change my life and show me how to know You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Visit the link below it will be very helpful, am glad for you congratulation. God bless

http://www1.cbn.com/keys-powerful-living-repentance
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Teebabami(m): 9:25am On Apr 09, 2017
Congratulations, there is this saying that the day a mad man knows he's mad, then he has recovered. Continue to fellowship with others and attend church programs, in fact join the work force in your church it will help you. I was once there too. God bless and keep you in Jesus name.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 09, 2017
chloride6:

I pity you, NL's go finish you today grin

Lol na their life be that but the truth still they touch them small small sha.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 09, 2017
Dear OP,

Do not put yourself in a box. Being Spiritual is a little different from being religious.

I am a very spiritual person, but I am not religious, I do not hate any religion, I was raised a very good Christian, and I adore Christianism, but I believe the longing to be closer to your creator is not synonymous with being a Christian.

If your desire is to know Christianism, by all means go to Church but if your core desire is to be closer to Infinite Source of all, then all you need is yourself and silence of heart and you will be directed to truth, by yourself.

Dont beat yourself up, you are what you are searching and the farther you continue in that search the more you will realize that you have been searching for the core of your being, all along.

Peace.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by LagosEconomist: 9:41am On Apr 09, 2017
Thanks for bringing this up.

Your situation is not a strange one, even (especially) for people that grew up in a home with a strong spiritual foundation. As most people grow older, they will question the instructions and values that have been drilled into them in the sheltered setting of the home as they confront the real world. For a lot of people, this happens in University, & I'll think this is even magnified if you go to college abroad. I'll leave that for now and directly respond to your question.

1) Start using a simple online daily devotional: I'll strongly recommend 'Our Daily Bread' https://odb.org/. I'll recommend this over some of the other available options because of its focus on realistic, relatable stories from everyday life. I don't think most people want 'daily sermons' from their devotionals, since most of us have to figure out a way to be 'apostles in the marktetplace' and not pastors. Simple short devotions that help you see how you can be the 'salt and light' of the world around you, while providing spiritual nourishment.

2) Read God's Word. Most daily devotionals will be accompanied by a short bible passage. Our daily Bread uses Bible gateway https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+1&version=NIV for instance, so it is like you get 2 for the price of 1, and you can be done with both in about 15 minutes. You can start out with this, until you start to thirst for more & you'll figure out how to accommodate that into your schedule.
As you thirst for more, I think most people can read the New Testament every quarter. Genesis, the Psalms, Proverbs and several books in the Old testament also help with 'instruction, guidance, correction and training in righteousness'.

3) When you feel ready, start attending church. I don't want to be seen as promoting one denomination or local assembly over another, but if you want recommendations, I can send to you depending on what city you're in and other factors. It is however important have God's word ministered to you based on spiritual truths. Church also gives you an opportunity to serve while participating in corporate worship and prayer.
As you mature, you may likely be compelled to have individual platforms to express some of the things that church provides. Some will call that a personal ministry. There is a lot of need and lack in the world, so if you're able to meet some of these needs in the world around you, do so on a sustainable basis after taking care (or along with taking care) of your family and parents.

4) Pray: You mentioned that you struggled to do this. Prayer is simply talking to God and having the faith that he hears and answers. There is no specific way to pray, but it helps to take time out and have your mind totally focused and fully concentrated on your creator. Some call this meditation or Quiet time. You can start out as short and 2 minutes. As you get comfortable and get results you might just transform over time to a 'prayer warrior' spending hours in prayer. Suggested guidelines or formats for your prayer time include:

a) Thanksgiving: Thank God for life, health, family etc - It may not be all rosy, but you're alive & that is a blessing and a platform for hope

b) Adoration: Incorporate some praise & worship of God to your prayer, even if all you can say is that He is good. Your thanksgiving should naturally lead to this.

c) Intercession. Pray for loved ones, family, the country, leaders, situations and others in general. Believe me, most times you'll feel they don't deserve it (especially the politicians) but we are instructed to. I also believe that as you speak positively about situations, you get inspired to try to do something about it.

d) Supplication/Requests: No need to say much here. Each person knows the things we need to talk to God about and ask for help with.

Hope this helps

Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

I don't read my bible i find it so boring, even flipping throw the pages of the bible is something i hate doing.

I hardly pray, even when am about to sleep, or wake up i find it so irritating in fact when the family is up to prayer the don't bother to call me, because the the know i won't come.

Okay , this morning i heard my parent and siblings singing song , the were about to pray, i force myself to attend the morning prayer, when i got there, my mum and dad were happy, even without being told, i saw it in their face. my dad asked me to lead the family in short prayer. I was shocked that i couldn't pray , i was stammering when praying, i didn't know the exactly words to use. This really touch me, i really want to change , i love God, i believe in His existence. please i will appreciate every piece of advice thanks.

1 Like

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by eshic(f): 9:43am On Apr 09, 2017
[quote author=Apple1992 post=55398930]Goodmornining house.

Okay , this morning i heard my parent and siblings singing song , the were about to pray, i force myself to attend the morning prayer, when i got there, my mum and dad were happy, even without being told, i saw it in their face. my dad asked me to lead thge family in short prayer. I was shocked that i couldn't pray , i was stammering when praying, i didn't know the exactly words to use. This really touch me, i really want to change , i love God, i believe in His existence. please i will appreciate every piece of advice thanks.

I think what you should do is to seek God,start with little conversation to God,tell him that you thirsty for him he should reveal himself to you,sing praises you can remember.pray anytime you spirit lead you to pray.read about the story of people God have called to himself e.g Genesis chapter 12:1 to 4,its about Abraham. Before God could use him,He separate him from his kindred who are idolatorers.therefore for you to have a close relationship with God.you need to do a way with some life style,become a changed person, avoid ungodly behaviors to allow holy spirit to teach you things about holiness and Godly life.may God reveal himself to you
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by LagosEconomist: 9:49am On Apr 09, 2017
paskyboy:
How to give your life to Christ:

1. Admit you are a sinner and need forgiveness.

2. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.

3. Through prayer, confess that Jesus Christ is the only way to God and commit to live for Him for the rest of your life.

What to Pray:

Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave to give me life. I know You are the only way to God so now I want to quit disobeying You and start living for You. Please forgive me, change my life and show me how to know You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Visit the link below it will be very helpful, am glad for you congratulation. God bless

http://www1.cbn.com/keys-powerful-living-repentance

I should add that my previous post fully subscribes to this & assumes this has been done. Accepting Christ as saviour is the basis for becoming a Christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by ifenes(m): 9:52am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

By being yourself without pollution from beliefs and indoctrination

2 Likes

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 09, 2017
Pray always nd dnt mis church activities. Study ur bible.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by dodelight(m): 10:02am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

My dear brother, know this for sure: even when you think you can't pray, you can still pray.
I'm sure though you stammered when you prayed with the family, you still found a few words to say. With all honesty, that's all you need to begin with God- just a little whisper of your sincere desire to know and please Him. Like you expressed yourself here, do the same before God (probably on your knees). Ask for the forgiveness of any sin you might have committed, and believe God is more interested in a relationship with you more than you want with Him. Thanks
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by onyidon22(m): 10:02am On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:12am On Apr 09, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
There's no better way to build your spiritual life other than embracing goodness and meting out same towards others, irrespective of their race, gender, social strata, religious worldview, political ideology etc. . . Become a moralist in words and actions.

If you need any form of dogmatic, credal or revealable organization/book/church/mosque to do good, it simply means that you lack a good sense of morality.

Thank u sir for this. Do good and you've built a church in you. The more people see ur good deeds (without u trumpeting it oo) the more your congregation and slowly they'd use u as reference point and do good always (minus d temptations oo, we r all humans), thereby winning souls for God.
You don't need a building structure to go to church
Your church is your heart, your deeds are the messages and the people whom sees ur good deeds and emulate are your congregation who believe #shikena

1 Like

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Vecharry(m): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Your problem is not complicated. U are trying to do the things of God with your WILLPOWER and SELF EFFORT. it's not going to work, you will just keep on trying and trying. Good news is, there's someone called the HOLY SPIRIT, whom we have neglected, his job is to HELP you. Your solution is simple, ASK FOR HELP, ASK GOD TO FILL YOU WITH HIS SPIRIT. The difference is remarkable, you will just love God and you don't know why.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by jayinfo2(m): 10:18am On Apr 09, 2017
megareal:
There was a time I went through something not too similar. What helped was the fact that I was already steeped in God. In my own case, I decided to see prayer as a conversation, studying the Bible as locating weapons and getting instructions.

Three things I've found to help.

1. Songs. If you can't pray, sing or play religous songs. Genres you like. With time, you'll find your spirit more receptive to prayers. Songs spur you to pray like crazy.

2. Conversational prayer. Dnt bother kneeling and followin processes for now. When you wake up, imagine God beside you and just tell Him good morning. Thank Him and discuss with him about what you want. You can do this while bathing or doing chores. Just keep talking out or in your heart. However, speaking out will help you develop the habit more easily. Pls here, see God first as a friend, that's how u can converse with him. Even at work, with friends etc. Simply tell him what you think.

3. Use the Holy Spirit. He is the greatest helper in our walk with God. When you tell him you can't do it, He will help. Ask Him to help. Sometimes He will flood your spirit with scriptures or stories from the Bible. Get a Bible app that has a search function. You can search the scripture as they drop.

Moreover, just pick one line for the day when you read. Mull over it the whole day. You'll be surprised just how many scriptures you can imbibe in a week.

Finally, realise that the devil isn't your friend. Being irritated about spiritual things is just his way of derailing your Christian life. Living this way makes him win. So don't let him win.

Thank you this really blessed me

1 Like

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by MOSICATED5(m): 10:24am On Apr 09, 2017
Read Matthew 5 to d end. It will teach u about Jesus and all hr wants u to know. Then u most know prayer is pouring ur heart to God Almighty. Just tell him in prayers that u want to be close to him and u need is leading.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by able88(m): 10:26am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

Also try to get a spiritual advisor or mentor.
This could be a Reverend, pastor or evangelist.
This is the first step from liberation of satanic bondage.
As I'm typing now, I haven't been to Church for the past 4years.
God will help us all that seek for salvation...
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by megareal: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2017
jayinfo2:

Thank you this really blessed me

You're welcome. God bless you.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by luvola(m): 10:50am On Apr 09, 2017
pweetychyka:

So u think... some others can't speak out!
Buh keep reading people's comment here, u most definitely will find one that will help!
ok. how are u
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by pbethel: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

Join hand in prayer with a member of ur family dat u trust or a friend that is spiritually sound.
Pray, discuss and study d Bible together.
U will pick up.
Believe in God to help and change u. God will sure send u help.
God bless you
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Codyt(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:

This has nothing to do or relate to what i asked please. thanks.
Na copy and paste them dey do na
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by nico007: 11:11am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

Good morning . firstly which church are you attending before and which state are you ?. God love you and he has already died for forgiveness of all your sins .
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by nurusystem(m): 11:24am On Apr 09, 2017
Your solution is in islam
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Mabelenena(f): 11:33am On Apr 09, 2017
OP the one & only thing that can draw u back to God is the bible,the word of God. First to start with, try reading the books of psalms and proverbs,then go back to Genesis and continue with the new testaments. Secondly, try listening to gospel songs like the ones of Steve crown,Nathaniel bassey,Lara george,Sinach,Frank edward,Solomon age and many others even the ones by cece wenas, kirk franklin,donnie mccklins, micheal smith e.t.c. They minister the word of God in their songs. Thirdly,join your family during devotions, and lastly go back to church. And also try speaking to an experienced christian to help u and also your parents,talk to them 1 on 1. I believe this would help.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Eliz24(f): 11:33am On Apr 09, 2017
Reals:
Brother my advice to you is to start from any where and any how you can reading atleast a chapter of the bible each day , do not allow any one to decieve you because even the Lord Jesus christ have said it you shall know the truth and the truth shall set thee free (john 8:32) the only place to get the truth is in the Holy bible meditate it try in all ways you can to say something to Jesus the saviour of mankind He listens do not allow any one to decieve you i repeat for he says he that is not of me is against me las

just try to follow this strictly it will help but then don't forget to say some words to God each day, if you need more help you can reach me via my mail address on my profile
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Ferdinardltd: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2017
Bet slip won see below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Histories Made By BENSON IDAHOSA (legend Of Faith) / Synagogue Engineers Get N10m Bail / No Superior Religion In Nigeria — CAN, NSCIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.