Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (33070 Views)

Which Church Do You Attend? / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? / Which Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ODAROOMS(m): 7:51am On Apr 09, 2017
Oya, it's time to defend your church
Pls no insult, just state your opinion with some proves. "WHICH CHURCH HYMNS DO U HAVE MUCH RESPECT FOR"
Pls the Mod should help move this to the Religious section it doesn't open from my side here.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by dolphinife: 7:56am On Apr 09, 2017
When it comes to hymns, forget it, no church even come close to Anglican church

I can sing over 600 hymns offhand

Anglican church has over 20k hymns.....with variety tunes.....

213 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by talktonase(m): 8:04am On Apr 09, 2017
Seventh day adventist grin

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ODAROOMS(m): 8:09am On Apr 09, 2017
But before u can say dis
Have u been visiting other churchs to hear their songs
dolphinife:
When it comes to hymns, forget it, no church even come close to Anglican church

I can sing over 600 hymns offhand

Anglican church has over 20k hymns.....with variety tunes.....

29 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by dolphinife: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2017
ODAROOMS:
But before u can say dis
Have u been visiting other churchs to hear their songs

Just mention the church you know that's hymn oriented more than Anglican in Nigeria

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
The Nigerian Baptist Church. I know half the songs in the 500+ song hymn book cos I grew up signing 3 hymns every Sunday at minimum

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Zehner(f): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
Anglican all the way.

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by rosalieene(f): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
Catholic

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ernie4life(m): 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
talktonase:
Seventh day adventist grin

Very correct

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Quinn22(f): 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Catholic Church cool

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by miriamchi(f): 11:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
ernie4life:

Very correct
seventh day adventist church all d way!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Bigsteveg(m): 3:15am On Apr 10, 2017
C A C

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Dannan: 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
BAPTIST AND ANGLICAN.

36 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ifyalways(f): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
Anglican and Baptist.

42 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Acidosis(m): 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
Which church has the best hymn songs?

Church don't write hymns... individuals do through God's inspiration.

Daniel Brink Towner (1850-1919) was an American Gospel music composer and teacher. In 1885, entered full-time evangelistic work and was associated with D. L. Moody, L. W. Munhall, Major D. W. Whittle and others. Music director at Moody Bible Institute from 1893 to 1919. Composed music for over 2000 hymns, including "Trust and Obey," Anywhere With Jesus," "Saved By the Blood," and "At Calvary."

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by raquel97: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
Celestial church

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
Methodist/Anglican, of course.

Starting with Doxology!!!!!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ststyreal(f): 4:52am On Apr 11, 2017
Hmmmmm!!!!! Anglican all the wayyyyy. I miss that denomination shaaaaa! " Abide with me, fast falls the even tide, when darkness deepens lord with me abide; when other helpers fail and comfort flee, help of the helpless lord, abide with us! Huh! My favorite hymn.
Fellowship in Christ!(AYF). I miss Anglican no be small.

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by bukatyne(f): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2017
Acidosis:
Which church has the best hymn songs?

Church don't write hymns... individuals do through God's inspiration.

About to say same.

Hymns are written by individuals to edify the Church.

It is the same hymns all churches sing, some churches e.g. Anglican, Baptist etc. are more hymn oriented than others just how some churches e.g. MFM, CAC are more prayer oriented.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Fadamant: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
This question is silly and follows the last one that asked which pastor teaches the Bible most.

Comparison is alien to the Christian faith in it's true sense because the Bibe condemns it.

13 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Acidosis(m): 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
bukatyne:

About to say same.

Hymns are written by individuals to edify the Church.

It is the same hymns all churches sing, some churches e.g. Anglican, Baptist etc. are more hymn oriented than others just how some churches e.g. MFM, CAC are more prayer oriented.

smiley smileyI like it when you agree with me

grin grin
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2017
ODAROOMS:
Oya, it's time to defend your church
Pls no insult, just state your opinion with some proves. "WHICH CHURCH HYMNS DO U HAVE MUCH RESPECT FOR"
Pls the Mod should help move this to the Religious section it doesn't open from my side here.
Thanks
Why are some Christians like this? Why do we have to defend our churches. I believe in Jesus and try as much as I can to please God. There is no church denomination in heaven.

Are you a Christian?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Fadamant: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
Oyind17:
Why are some Christians like this? Why do we have to defend our churches. I believe in Jesus and try as much as I can to please God. There is no church denomination in heaven.

Are you a Christian?

Thanks very much, sis. Just what I was saying.

Church goers (not Christians) do things for vain glory and think that they are pleasing God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Fadamant: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
Acidosis:

grin grin
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Fadamant: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Acidosis:

grin grin
Are you not married, bro?
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Fadamant:

Thanks very much, sis. Just what I was saying.

Church goers (not Christians) do things for vain glory and think that they are pleasing God.
Sometimes I feel like sitting at home even on Sundays. Many are missing the purpose of Christianity

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Fadamant: 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2017
Oyind17:
Sometimes I feel like sitting at home even on Sundays. Many are missing the purpose of Christianity

Yes. I know that feeling. You shouldn't blame them though. It is what the pastors, who they worship as gods, have them them believe.

But try not to keep away from church services. We all need it.

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Acidosis(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
Fadamant:

Are you not married, bro?
No, I'm not...
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2017
I am Anglican but I love deeper life hymns

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Fadamant: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
Acidosis:
No, I'm not...

Okay. Enjoy your day.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
Fadamant:

Yes. I know that feeling. You shouldn't blame them though. It is what the pastors, who they worship as gods, have them them believe.

But try not to keep away from church services. We all need it.
Don't be too quick to blame their Pastors. Most of them don't have the fear of God and are disobedient to their Pastors. Pastors are trying their best if you ask me, sometimes the problem is the followers. My elder brother is like that and we correct him on many occasions.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Fadamant: 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
Oyind17:
Don't be too quick to blame their Pastors. Most of them don't have the fear of God and are disobedient to their Pastors. Pastors are trying their best if you ask me, sometimes the problem is the followers. My elder brother is like that and we correct him on many occasions.

I agree with you, and I am not blaming pastors "wholesale", but the fact remains that the deep beliefs a Christian holds on to over the long run, have a lot to do with what he/she hears in the church.

Good evening, by the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Message To The "Amen" Crew On Facebook / Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos / Why Deeper Life Turned Down Gej’s Request To Visit Church During Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.