Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,502 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? (36320 Views)

Why Do You Think God Created All The Other Planets Aside The Earth? / I Think God Is The Devil. Here Is Why! / I Think God Is Shy, Insecure And Gay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Image123(m): 10:38am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:
In Romans 9 vs 16...so then it is not of him that willeth,nor of him that runneth,but of God that sheweth mercy.

That means God is selective of whom to show mercy to,why that?...are we not all his creatures?...we can see this in the case of jacob and esau...he showed mercy to jacob unlike esau...

Peter and judas iscariot...peter was showed mercy but judas was doomed to die...

Saul and david....

And lots of biblical cases...

Not everyone will receive the mercy of God...some are doomed to die no matter how many years spent on the earth...God spares only those he wish to and destroy others...

Little wonders why someone will commit a particular sin,will go scot free but someone else that commit that same sin might die.....

So doesnt it mean that God is a partial God?...state your opinion without insults...

Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I
will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will
have compassion.
The Bible is like a treasure, and the thing about treasures is that
they are not often at the surface. You need to search, you
need to dig and mine. You may need to refine. So is it with the
Word of God. You look for the treasure in it, you look for how
it is going to benefit you, because it was sent to benefit you.
Perseverance and persistence is the key to success. Notice how
the writer to the Romans quotes copiously from the Old
Testament and specifically here from Moses to prove what he
is saying. It is not rare to see people today look at you as
unserious and legalistic when you quote from the Old
testament to teach some things. The apostles never saw the
Old Testament scriptures as useless or obsolete. Infact, their
noble hearers searched the Old Testament to confirm what the
apostles were saying. So, we see Paul here also quoting Moses
to teach New Testament Roman believers. He saith to Moses.
And it still applies till tomorrow. What He says in this instance
is " I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have
compassion on whom I will have compassion. "
Surprisingly, what many people just do here is close the book
and let's go home. No hope. Let's hope we are among those
that God has mercy on. Why not find out, who are those that
God will have mercy on? Is there anything that can be done to
obtain God's mercy? Any criteria for who God will have mercy
on? If God does not appear to have mercy on you, any hope?
All these questions are supposed to be asked instead of giving
up on God so cheaply as many often do.
The writer is still hitting home on God's Sovereignty, that at the
end of it all, it is God on the top. You may say you found God,
but ultimately god found you. You may say you drew nearer
to God like James said to, but ultimately it was God that drew
you. You may say God dwells in an unapproachable light, but
ultimately God is not far from all of us. And so on and forth.
All these sayings and ultimates are all found in scripture, But
let God be all in all, giving God all the glory, and God being true
and everyman a liar. So, god will have mercy on whom He will
have mercy. Here are some scriptures that show us people
that can receive God's mercy.
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous
man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he
will have mercy upon him ; and to our God, for he will
abundantly pardon.
Pro 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso
confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
God will have mercy on who He will have mercy. This three
scriptures show us some of them. Time and space would fail
me to mention more for now. Now, is it possible to not have
God's mercy before and later have it? Yes. Remember the story
of Jonah and the people of Nineveh. Also, consider this new
testament passage.
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the
people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have
obtained mercy.
Mercy there was great, and grace was free,
Pardon there was multiplied to me,
There my burdened soul found liberty,
AT CALVARY
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him
that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the Scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this
same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show my
power in thee, and that my name might be declared
throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have
mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
It is not of your running but ultimately, it is God that shows
mercy. Where would we be without His mercy. It is not by
power or by might but by God's Spirit. Even the youths shall
faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but
they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength. Are
these scriptures calling us to inaction or fate? No. You still
need to read for that exam, prepare for that interview, plan that
project, keep that body fit etc. But God takes the ultimate
glory. Why is then, we come to this passage, and we lose all
other knowledge of God and His ways? We still need to believe
and confess and follow. Don't just sit in sin and darkness and
say it is not of him that willeth. Get up anf fight the good fight
of faith, do ALL to stand and stand therfore, putting on the
WHOLE armour of God.
Jesus said it is God that draws, but the same Jesus promised to
draw all men. Are His promises not all yea and Amen?
Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all
men unto me.
Has He been lifted up? Yes
Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness,
even so must the Son of man be lifted up :
Joh 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up
the Son of man , then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do
nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak
these things.
He has drawn all men. no one has an excuse of i was not
drawn. If you feel you have not been drawn, then draw
yourself.
Jam 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.
Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye
double minded.
He will draw nigh to you, that is the promise for you.
Now, to pharaoh. The Scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for
this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show my
power in thee, and that my name might be declared
throughout all the earth. The scripture! Genesis is scripture, so
also is Exodus. here is paul quoting from Exodus to establish
verse 18's THEREFORE. What is wrong with what God said to
pharaoh? Nothing. The same statement can be said of
anybody. "Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up,
that I might show my power in thee, and that my name might
be declared throughout all the earth." God wants us to be used
to show His power and glory, and that His name may be
declared in all the earth. However, however, there is a law of
sowing and reaping on ground. You reap what you sow.
Gala 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a
man soweth, that shall he also reap.
If you sow hardness of heart, don't be surprised if God gives
you a hardened heart. Pharaoh could repent if he wanted to,
as was seen in this scripture,
Exo 9:27 And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron,
and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the LORD is
righteous, and I and my people are wicked.
God hardened Pharaoh's heart. Do you also know that
Pharaoh hardened his own heart too?
1Sa 6:6 Wherefore then do ye harden your hearts, as the
Egyptians and Pharaoh hardened their hearts? when he had
wrought wonderfully among them, did they not let the people
go, and they departed?
Exo 9:34 And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and
the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened
his heart , he and his servants.
God knows our hearts too like He knew Pharaoh's and knew
the Israelites. While it is called today, harden not your heart.
Deu 31:21 And it shall come to pass, when many evils and
troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against
them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the
mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they
go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land
which I swore.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by ReubenE(m): 10:38am On Apr 11, 2017
Minemrys:

if by big bangie you mean me being an atheist, you are wrong. Am a religious guy who believes in God. But atimes one needs to questi0n s0methings, such as the authenticity of the b0oks one uses as reference. Fr0m the religious b0oks, am made to understand that the jews were God's favored people am0ngst his other creations. They are blessed, God loves them and banned them fr0m marrying the philistines or other races God sees as d0omed. God sent the jews to war with other tribes, chased them fr0m their land making it theirs. God refered to other tribes and gentiles n0t worthy of the blessings of the jews so they are made to pick crumbs like dogs [the syrophoenician w0man and jesus]. The gospel was only meant for the jews till paul came in to stop that theory. In the bible based on s0me things in it, evidences say the yahweh hated the arabs. C0me to the other side, the muslim said, virtually the same but this time, God favored the arabs than the jews, God sees the jews as bad people and asked the arabs to avoid them. Where am i getting at? Fr0m the crumbs gathered fr0m these b0oks, all i see presented of God are human natures. Racism, imperialism, war m0ngering etc which c0ntradicts fr0m the preachings that God is good, of good and all things good but then the scriptures divert. They d0n't add up unless the b0oks are n0t what they say they are. They are written by people inspired by God yet the b0oks have been revised thousand times with the revelati0n about to be cut fr0m the others. Why are they revised in the 1st place if God inspired the authors? Unless God n0w magically has the power of making mistakes or errors. I believe there is God but n0t what men paint him as.
I must admit you made a very fine presentation here.
There is a place in the book of Matthew where an important question is raised about one being wrong for doing whatever he likes with his property?
Christ raised this question when he likened the kingdom of Heaven to a vineyard where the owner hired laborers to work with a penny each. Those he hired in the eleventh hour also got a penny. Those the owner hired earlier in the day started complaining of being treated unfairly.
In reaction, the vine owner said to the workers, I hired you to work for a penny i.e the agreement between himself and the workers. In conclusion, the owner asked, is it wrong for me to do whatever I want with my own?

what this means is that God does whatever he likes with his own....whether he is partial with his own, I don't think anybody can explain it correctly except the owner.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by pirees: 10:39am On Apr 11, 2017
tonychucks:
my good friend,GOD is not partial.we cant question HIM.HE knows all that will happen and He made them happen.Dont thinks deep about things of GOD,u will get urself confused.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Image123(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2017
@refiner, You may read up more in the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1330225/salient-points-epistle-romans/6#18139481
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by eodavids(m): 10:48am On Apr 11, 2017
Barbz4u101:
But God created man in his own image, why did he condemned the Egyptians,and favoured the Israelites?? so are Egyptians not created in God's image

Sorry, you went out of the point, into the bush:

Note that the Egyptians you sympathize with were cruel and play 'god' without recognizing the only God that created all.
For their cruelty and stubbornness even while the Almighty displayed his powers in their land, they chased after the people whom God had set tree from slavery. The Egyptians thus died in their bid to play God.

But in the case of Nebuchadnezzar, he acknowledged God Almighty when the Most High displayed His powers before him and Nebuchadnezzar was not destroyed....

Do you now see the way God operates, by searching men's hearts?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by luvmijeje(f): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2017
Another ignorant thread. Another wanna be applying worldly wisdom into God's words.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by ReubenE(m): 10:55am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
thanks, I feel better now
Alright
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hotspec(m): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

No Judas was called a thief in John 12:6 because he stole nothing. Can u see how ur brain works?
Show me where Jesus accused Judas of theft. Besides, how does my brain work? N*t w*t born-again christian- was that how u were told by ur pastor to win soul. Ure worse than Judas
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by CHARLOE(m): 11:02am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
in as much as I know my state of mind right now might be off cos my pregnant neighbour just died in my arms as at 10 :57 PM, with all the prayers, I watched her convulse while her mother and others went to look for a car to take her to the hospital, I just don't don't know if only certain people's prayers are meant to be answered
So sorry 4 ur loss. Things like this woke me from my slumber n got me thinking. Bitter truth: good & bad things happen to people of all races, religion, tribe, colour etc.
When good things (child birth, marriage, new job, good health etc) happen to a xtian, he says its a miracle by Jesus/God n thank/praise him n even goes further to give money/material gifts to him (thru his self-appointed priest called pastors, who never fails to drum its importance to d members).
When bad things (sickness, accident, death, robbery etc) happen to him/his loved ones, he blames d ever ready scape goat, Satan/devil d bad guy (apologies to falz).
Likewise d Muslim, gives thanks n offering to Allah for d good things n blame bado Satan/shaytan for d bad ones.
Can't u see its all about control n business?
We're just lucky to be alive, healthy, survive an accident, deliver safely etc n unlucky when unfortunate things happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hopefulLandlord: 11:07am On Apr 11, 2017
eodavids:

Sorry, you went out of the point, into the bush:

Note that the Egyptians you sympathize with were cruel and play 'god' without recognizing the only God that created all.
For their cruelty and stubbornness even while the Almighty displayed his powers in their land, they chased after the people whom God had set tree from slavery. The Egyptians thus died in their bid to play God.

I'm afraid this is where I come in

I totally disagree with what you're implying here, I put it to you that you're ignoring biblical verses and talking off a tangent

saying the Pharoah deserved what God did to him. Okay, sure, maybe he was a complete dick. What about the fact that God went through and killed all of the Egyptian first born children? God literally made the Pharoah just let that happen because he kept hardening his heart. It makes no sense from a moral standpoint to threaten to kill someone's children if they don't give you something, but every time they have a chance to give you what you want you make it impossible. Hell, it never made sense to me either way why he killed their children. He's supposed to literally be the moral authority for all of humanity. He's supposed to judge us and tell us how we did in life when we die, but he goes around killing innocent children just because their parents bleeped up.

"But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go" (and variations upon that theme). God repeatedly forced Pharaoh to refuse, then punished Pharaoh (for the coerced refusal) by sending various plagues, up to and including murdering all the firstborn children of Egypt.

And to add insult to injury, after he had slaughtered the children and permitted Pharaoh to free the Israelites, "the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians." So, at any time, God could have simply moved them to let the Israelites go, without need for inflicting rains of frogs and bloody rivers, killing all their livestock, and murdering their children. But he waited to do that until after he had mostly sated his sadistic tendencies.

(I say "mostly", for a couple of chapters later, he once again abrogated Pharaoh's free will, "hardening his heart" to make him pursue the Israelites.)

3 Likes

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zionmade(m): 11:07am On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

so god does not know what I'll eat for dinner? how is he omniscient then?
U have an option to eat dinner or not. If u eat dinner ok or maybe it will purge u. If u dnt eat dinner he knows wat will happen.
If u eat it at home he knows wat will happen if u eat outside he knows wat effect it will have on ur married life etc
I said it earlier i hate responding to big bangies or chimpanzee evolutes and dis will be my final response to u because i dnt argue with d devil
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hopefulLandlord: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

U have an option to eat dinner or not. If u eat dinner ok or maybe it will purge u. If u dnt eat dinner he knows wat will happen.
If u eat it at home he knows wat will happen if u eat outside he knows wat effect it will have on ur married life etc
I said it earlier i hate responding to big bangies or chimpanzee evolutes and dis will be my final response to u because i dnt argue with d devil

so god does not know what I'll eat for dinner, if I'll eat dinner at all

you are needed here https://www.nairaland.com/3718157/rapture-took-place-sunday-70/1
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zionmade(m): 11:08am On Apr 11, 2017
hotspec:
Show me where Jesus accused Judas of theft. Besides, how does my brain work? N*t w*t born-again christian- was that how u were told by ur pastor to win soul. Ure worse than Judas
I follow after Jesus. In his voice WOE UNTO U SONS OF THE DEVIL. go and ask him if dat was how he won souls
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zionmade(m): 11:10am On Apr 11, 2017
pirees:
then if he had (jesus) had known right from time why did he let judas be one of his deciple
I only respond to christians and ur spelling of the name of my God makes me think u are not one.
So get behind me satan
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by ziga: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2017
Minemrys:

if by big bangie you mean me being an atheist, you are wrong. Am a religious guy who believes in God. But atimes one needs to questi0n s0methings, such as the authenticity of the b0oks one uses as reference. Fr0m the religious b0oks, am made to understand that the jews were God's favored people am0ngst his other creations. They are blessed, God loves them and banned them fr0m marrying the philistines or other races God sees as d0omed. God sent the jews to war with other tribes, chased them fr0m their land making it theirs. God refered to other tribes and gentiles n0t worthy of the blessings of the jews so they are made to pick crumbs like dogs [the syrophoenician w0man and jesus]. The gospel was only meant for the jews till paul came in to stop that theory. In the bible based on s0me things in it, evidences say the yahweh hated the arabs. C0me to the other side, the muslim said, virtually the same but this time, God favored the arabs than the jews, God sees the jews as bad people and asked the arabs to avoid them. Where am i getting at? Fr0m the crumbs gathered fr0m these b0oks, all i see presented of God are human natures. Racism, imperialism, war m0ngering etc which c0ntradicts fr0m the preachings that God is good, of good and all things good but then the scriptures divert. They d0n't add up unless the b0oks are n0t what they say they are. They are written by people inspired by God yet the b0oks have been revised thousand times with the revelati0n about to be cut fr0m the others. Why are they revised in the 1st place if God inspired the authors? Unless God n0w magically has the power of making mistakes or errors. I believe there is God but n0t what men paint him as.

Thank you!!!
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by FTBOY: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2017
[s]
BigBrother9ja:

Ode

Prove that you have brain and review the picture below.. .
[/s]kill yourself. tongue tongue

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hotspec(m): 11:34am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

I follow after Jesus. In his voice WOE UNTO U SONS OF THE DEVIL. go and ask him if dat was how he won souls
When u get to hell, u can ask Lucifer what he did to u
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by pirees: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

I only respond to christians and ur spelling of the name of my God makes me think u are not one.
So get behind me satan
bro pls respond, I am a christian pls I have other few questions to ask
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by sonofthunder: 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
God is not partial.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by jnrbayano(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nobleking2000:

He is being partial but the only difference is his acceptance of being partial but the Christian God is not accepting the fact of his partiality.

The artist is not partial. He decides to paint and also decides to undo his painting. He doesn't share any prerogative with anybody or thing
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by sayad009: 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Went 2 c a friend some day. He was at his poultry trying 2 catch some birds from the cage... He had promised his kids two of the birds for the forthcoming festival. Thus he purposed to catch d big ones. Of course it was not easy to catch the big ones as every of d birds 'jump' franctically but finally he caught d birds. I discovered dat some of d birds could be easily caught but they weren't big enough to his 'taste' so he overlooked them... Hummn!.. Maybe I should ask, was my friend partial?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by jnrbayano(m): 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Mujtahida:

Except that painting 1 is just a painting and no more. It has no feelings, it knows no pain or joy, it has no hopes, it doesn't move or talk. And the Potter has the right to destroy the pot. What would religion not do to people's minds. Yet if a father kills his child solely on the claim that he is the father we condemn him. Maybe you are a painting. I am a human being not a painting.

You are human because God made you so not big bang.

The decision to make you was taken without your consent (even before you were formed)

The feelings and all making you a human, God bestowed on you. The maker (God) doesn't share prerogative with the made (You)

A father/mother doesn't create lives. God does albeit through them.

I predict that you will not accept this to answer "an elite who has attained a mental emancipation"

That's an irony because accepting it is that emancipation of the mind.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by CHARLOE(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm afraid this is where I come in

I totally disagree with what you're implying here, I put it to you that you're ignoring biblical verses and talking off a tangent

saying the Pharoah deserved what God did to him. Okay, sure, maybe he was a complete dick. What about the fact that God went through and killed all of the Egyptian first born children? God literally made the Pharoah just let that happen because he kept hardening his heart. It makes no sense from a moral standpoint to threaten to kill someone's children if they don't give you something, but every time they have a chance to give you what you want you make it impossible. Hell, it never made sense to me either way why he killed their children. He's supposed to literally be the moral authority for all of humanity. He's supposed to judge us and tell us how we did in life when we die, but he goes around killing innocent children just because their parents bleeped up.

"But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go" (and variations upon that theme). God repeatedly forced Pharaoh to refuse, then punished Pharaoh (for the coerced refusal) by sending various plagues, up to and including murdering all the firstborn children of Egypt.

And to add insult to injury, after he had slaughtered the children and permitted Pharaoh to free the Israelites, "the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians." So, at any time, God could have simply moved them to let the Israelites go, without need for inflicting rains of frogs and bloody rivers, killing all their livestock, and murdering their children. But he waited to do that until after he had mostly sated his sadistic tendencies.

(I say "mostly", for a couple of chapters later, he once again abrogated Pharaoh's free will, "hardening his heart" to make him pursue the Israelites.)
Very sadistic! Yet, to us, pharaoh & stubbornness are synonymous forgetting it was god that kept hardening his heart.
Same way d war-mongering Israelites Invaded peaceful n prosperous cities like Canaan/Jericho commiting atricities; killed, looted, stole, raped etc. Yet, in churches today, u hear ignorant xtians sing: 'd walls of Jericho came down flat'.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by snowblaq(f): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
frank317:

Easy bro... I was just trying to understand u bro.

If my being alive means God is merciful... Does it mean that the fact that some people are dead means he is merciless?
Thank God that you are alive.....that is all that should matter to you...He is God and He can do whatever He wants and He owes nobody any explanations.....you are not in a position to try and justify what He does. ..say Thank you for what He has done for you and move on.....there is no argument...God is God...whether we accept it..or not...simple
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by adecares(f): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
God is neither partial nor questionable.
That's why you need to make heaven and ask him all did questions that u are asking us.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by snowblaq(f): 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
An2elect2:
You mean God's grace is inactive even when he showed preference for Jacob over Esau before they were born?

So how do you "activate" this grace biblically?
.....Just like you decide what to eat at what time...what to wear...where to go......so also does God decide who to have mercy on and who not to....He is God...whether we accept it or not....nobody is in a position to question Him.....you do not necessarily have to like the way He acts....that does not make Him any less of the God He is.....
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by ojuu4u(m): 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

Yeah because if God calls a green clothe white dat is d final for me. If u want to know how God expects us to reason den go to d story of Caleb, Joshua and the other 10spies and tell me who d liars according to ur Limited brain were. Also tell me d sense in it to call a childless old man Father of many nations.
I lost my brain and personality in Christ dats why i enjoy Christianity. U dat still have ur own intact, kudos keep using ur logic

d fact remains that God is partial/political, is it that make him not to be God? Capital NO, God is still God. you people should stop bending Bible necessarily just to defend God, my God doesn't need anybody to defend him, you people make Christianity complex for human kind to accept , when u confused urself , how will u convince others,
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by An2elect2(f): 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
snowblaq:
.....Just like you decide what to eat at what time...what to wear...where to go......so also does God decide who to have mercy on and who not to....He is God...whether we accept it or not....nobody is in a position to question Him.....you do not necessarily have to like the way He acts....that does not make Him any less of the God He is.....
LMAO That's what I know too! grin
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by jaxxy(m): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:
In Romans 9 vs 16...so then it is not of him that willeth,nor of him that runneth,but of God that sheweth mercy.

That means God is selective of whom to show mercy to,why that?...are we not all his creatures?...we can see this in the case of jacob and esau...he showed mercy to jacob unlike esau...

Peter and judas iscariot...peter was showed mercy but judas was doomed to die...

Saul and david....

Not everyone will receive the mercy of God...some are doomed to die no matter how many years spent on the earth...God spares only those he wish to and destroy others...

Little wonders why someone will commit a particular sin,will go scot free but someone else that commit that same sin might die.....

So doesnt it mean that God is a partial God?...state your opinion without insults...

Cain and abel presented an offering yo Gid. Cains own ws rejected by abels own ws accepted. Cain ws upset abd asked God y? And God said if u had done the right thing like ur broda i wud hv accepted ur offering. Here its about d choices u make not being partial.

David ws loved by God more than saul not because he wanted it so bt david understood God and knew how to get his attention. He praised God alot more than most men dat ever lived. He ws humble... God didn't wish saul to fail bt sauls attitude caused it even though both men sinned against God several times. Check their attitudes were clearly different.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by glossy6(f): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:

Saul and david....

My favourite bible verses
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by CHARLOE(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
jaxxy:

Cain and abel presented an offering yo Gid. Cains own ws rejected by abels own ws accepted. Cain ws upset abd asked God y? And God said if u had done the right thing like ur broda i wud hv accepted ur offering. Here its about d choices u make not being partial.

David ws loved by God more than saul not because he wanted it so bt david understood God and knew how to get his attention. He praised God alot more than most men dat ever lived. He ws humble... God didn't wish saul to fail bt sauls attitude caused it even though both men sinned against God several times. Check their attitudes were clearly different.
In other words, Cain shld have known god loves roast meat, d smell of burnt flesh, not yam or plantain, issokay.
Why will an Omni science, omni present, Omni everything God love praise so much, like a man with a big ego? Is it not same bible that advise us to shun d praise of men and admonishes us to be like God/Jesus?
He also says he's a jealous god, yet admonishes believers not to be jealous.
D bible encourages xtians to be slow to anger but on several occasions in d old testament, god loses his temper easily n kills swiftly. I could go on & on
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by jaxxy(m): 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
CHARLOE:

In other words, Cain shld have know god love roast meat, d smell of burnt flesh, not yam or plantain, issokay.
Why will an Omni science, omni present, Omni everything God love praise so much, like a man with a big ego? Is it not same bible that advise us to shun d praise of men and admonishes us to be like God/Jesus?
He also says he's a jealous god, yet admonishes believers not to be jealous.
D bible encourages xtians to be slow to anger but on several occasions in d old testament, god loses his temper easily n kills swiftly. I could go on & on

My bro u r confused bt i will take my time to explain even tho u shud know wat i tried to say earlier bt u want to be difficult on a simple thing.

1st of its not about roasted meat bt about ur best. Cain brought d worst of his grain, wheat and yam. Its not like Gid will eat them bt its show the state of ur heart and appreciation.

2.Being jealous isn't bad if i doesn't make u sin.

3.God is quite slow to anger to u wont understand cos u don't want to. Just Look arrnd u and u will see.

I really don't like going into religious stuffs or arguements bt i will state wat i think is true based on wat i know or is obvious. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates 77th Birthday With Powerful Word Of Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.