Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? (36322 Views)

Why Do You Think God Created All The Other Planets Aside The Earth? / I Think God Is The Devil. Here Is Why! / I Think God Is Shy, Insecure And Gay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by eodavids(m): 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Please, I want you to be convinced that God Almighty is not partial.

ONE THING YOU MUST UNDERSTAND IS THAT, IN ADDITION TO THE GRACE BY WHICH WE OBTAIN SPECIAL GOODNESS OF GOD; THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS GOD SEARCHET THE HEART OF EVERY MAN/WOMAN...

Now, it will interest you to know that while God search the hearts of men, (just like your heart is already search and understood by HIM with regards to this thorny question of yours); He ascertains why each person acts the way he/she does and thereby determine the immediate as well as the eternal repercussion of such persons deeds.

You mentioned Peter and Iscariot:
If you are a good Bible student, you will realise that peter only acted with best of intentions as any human could have done to fight to death in defence of his master's right to life which is about being terminated gruesomely even by condemning the righteous to die like a sinner. That was a good Man's approach to injustice being meted to his innocent and righteous master; but that, unknown to peter was exactly opposite to Gods plan, and eventhogh Christ rebuked peter previously, describing peter as being used by the devil, peter still continued on that conviction of his that a righteous man like his master should not be killed the notorious sinner way.
A great mystery occurred when Peter denied Christ. Pls if you are christian, read that account again in Matthew CH. 26 and see that Christ himself supernaturally changed Peter's mind by devine force which only God understands by which peter forgot his resolve and conviction to die protecting the innocent master.
It was not Peter's will that played out when he denied the master Jesus-but it rather was the powerful decree of Christ that came to pass in order to avoid a catastrophic event that will result in physical warfare where peter would fight with physical weapon and we all know that the rest of the Apostles would have followed suit in defence of the master and that will lead to physical blood shed between the unborn Christianity and the Roman government and if the roman Soldiers attempts to kill the Apposles, Christ would have been tempted to invite the legions of Angels....

If you go along with with me in the thought am introducing to you, you will agree with me that that is exactly contrary to God's plan for the salvation of man. So while Peter advocated and planned that approach which run contrary to God's devine plan, Christ decreed that peter shall deny him and, even though peter doubted it, God's decree must come to pass even against the will of man...

On the other hand, Judas pre-meditated and in fact planned the betrayal of his master as opposed to Peter's predetermined plan to defend his innocent master. Judas's betrayal is simply a further display of his glutony for filty lurcer (money) by which the Bible records that he stole often from the treasury.

So please, if you are a judge, will you categorize the two as same?
In law, to establish the commission of certain offences, there is something very important that must be proven- 'mens rea'

You as a prosecutor must prove mens rea which is the state of mind of the accused prior to and during the commission of the alleged offence. None proof of mens rea as state of mind of the accused means the accused isn't guilty...

It follows therefore that the state of mind is important before you apportion blame to any person and we can decifer that Judas who refused to repent from his theft on the purse of the treasury had his mind made up to continue even to the point of collecting 30 PCs of silver as blood money on the head of his mater; while peter was determined to fight for his master and had no bad intentions ...

I know that the question on whether God is not partial came from a troubled mind...
Pls let me know if you are following, then I will enlighten you on the gigantic difference BTW David and Saul..

Remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by repogirl(f): 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2017
refiner:
In Romans 9 vs 16...so then it is not of him that willeth,nor of him that runneth,but of God that sheweth mercy.

That means God is selective of whom to show mercy to,why that?...are we not all his creatures?...we can see this in the case of jacob and esau...he showed mercy to jacob unlike esau...

Peter and judas iscariot...peter was showed mercy but judas was doomed to die...

Saul and david....

And lots of biblical cases...

Not everyone will receive the mercy of God...some are doomed to die no matter how many years spent on the earth...God spares only those he wish to and destroy others...

Little wonders why someone will commit a particular sin,will go scot free but someone else that commit that same sin might die.....

So doesnt it mean that God is a partial God?...state your opinion without insults...
God doesn't destroy some and save others. Everyone can tap into God's mercy if one simply understands how abundant the mercy of God is.

Judas sinned and his guilty conscience led him to kill himself, he didn't understand that God is a forgiving one who absolves of all our sins whereas Peter knew he did wrong and cried for forgiveness.

Even David, whenever he sinned always cried to God for forgiveness while in Sauls case, he believed he was already a condemned man, forsaken by God.

Note that even if ones sins have been forgiven, most sins still have their repercussions. It's not God that does it, it's just the way life is. That one person sins or commits a crime and gets away with it doesn't mean he wouldn't face it's repercussions one way or another later, even after forgiveness of Sins.

After all it is stated clearly that we reap what we sow. So God destroys no one. We humans are the products of the choices we make.

Also, that verse you quoted has absolutely nothing to do with Gods partiality. The verse simply means it's not.by our power or might, but by God who assists us in what we are doing.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I thought I was the only Nigerian that loves that song lol, it felt so weird as no other Nigerian I know likes the song; infact, I know someone who thinks the song is like a burial ceremony song grin

its a relief meeting another person that likes the song, makes my music choices less bizarre and more normal cheesy
Download "Another Love" by Tom Odell. Similar vocals, you'll love it too. grin

Goodnight dear!.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by mistywole: 11:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
say less about what u cant comprehend
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by stamapro(m): 11:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
refiner:

Exactly my point...why love certain people more than others?...we all are his handwork...right?
wil prefer 2 clarify u,by talking it ova, wat u asked has reasons y is like dat
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
refiner:

Thanks for your contribution...but this is far from my question...i believe in d existence of God...hun

I do too, I know you are searching for God in the skies, but have you ever wondered if God is hidden in you ? For millions of years, humans have searched for God in the skies but never to be found. Why not look into you ?

You accept the fact that Jehovah has acted partially and malevolent sometimes. I respect Jehovah, he created us from his Image, but trust me, he does not have the qualities you expect of a God, because he is clearly not.

At the core of every life, in the Core of me, in the core of Jehovah, in the core of all entity lies the Source of All. That is God. But if you choose to call Jehovah God, then why are you so confused about his malevolent nature ? He has multiple personality, which is why he was banished from the Orion Constellation and given rulership over Earth, and now you are complaining. Enjoy your worship, for he is your Lord God.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by oyetpel(m): 11:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
He is not partial, but am still troubled by Jacob and Esau.

Both of them were never born, yet Esau was condemned in the womb, we doesn't know how he will behave or any other thing he was just condemned.

But God is all knowing. Of the other examples you gave, i think it has to do with Character and your attitude towards Jehovah for him to show you mercy.

But Esau never had the chance, poor foetus.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by refiner(f): 11:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
stamapro:
wil prefer 2 clarify u,by talking it ova, wat u asked has reasons y is like dat

I'm all eyes hun..
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by NemzySeries(m): 11:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
hmmmmmm..... i tink we shd b careful @ dis Junction, remember dis is God ure talking abt not apostle Johnson sulieman
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by refiner(f): 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
repogirl:
God doesn't destroy some and save others. Everyone can tap into God's mercy if one simply understands how abundant the mercy of God is.

Judas sinned and his guilty conscience led him to kill himself, he didn't understand that God is a forgiving one who absolves of all our sins whereas Peter knew he did wrong and cried for forgiveness.

Even David, whenever he sinned always cried to God for forgiveness while in Sauls case, he believed he was already a condemned man, forsaken by God.

Note that even if ones sins have been forgiven, most sins still have their repercussions. It's not God that does it, it's just the way life is. That one person sins or commits a crime and gets away with it doesn't mean he wouldn't face it's repercussions one way or another later, even after forgiveness of Sins.

After all it is stated clearly that we reap what we sow. So God destroys no one. We humans are the products of the choices we make.

Also, that verse you quoted has absolutely nothing to do with Gods partiality. The verse simply means it's not.by our power or might, but by God who assists us in what we are doing.

Thanks.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by refiner(f): 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

I do too, I know you are searching for God in the skies, but have you ever wondered if God is hidden in you ? For millions of years, humans have searched for God in the skies but never to be found. Why not look into you ?

You accept the fact that Jehovah has acted partially and malevolent sometimes. I respect Jehovah, he created us from his Image, but trust me, he does not have the qualities you expect of a God, because he is clearly not.

At the core of every life, in the Core of me, in the core of Jehovah, in the core of all entity lies the Source of All. That is God. But if you choose to call Jehovah God, then why are you so confused about his malevolent nature ? He has multiple personality, which is why he was banished from the Orion Constellation and given rulership over Earth, and now you are complaining. Enjoy your worship, for he is your Lord God.

I sense a mocking tone...isokay sha...thanks for ur opinion...
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by yomz1e(m): 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I can't comment, all I know is there are two bibles, one that's for public viewing and one that's hidden from us and that's why the bible says my people die for the lack for true knowledge. The same white-man that brought us the bible, is the same white-man that used the bible to enslave us all in the name of a God who they are now discrediting now. The Mumunis in here will argue on this point , but all they need to do is google "past black history"
and everything is there

frank317:

U said God is not partial but went ahead to say he shows mercy to whomever he pleases, not to all. Isn't that partiality?

Ya right.. some are dead some are alive, as they all breathing the same air? Is that not partial?

Besides how does the presence of air show that God is merciful. He created humans and thought air was necessary for their survival and u say that makes him merciful.
So because petrol was made as a necessity for car to move well that mean humans are merciful to cars for making petrol?

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by eodavids(m): 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
alexialin:
@ refiner, God exists.. He's not partial at all. We live in a wicked dreadful world, that's why God allows us to go through some moulding which u will think is suffering. God is building up for a battle ahead. And he's trying to make u stronger, not doubt him.
Unless u change this mindset of yours and accept u are in a training field. My dear the future will be bleak.
Embrace God, and learn from what u are going through
It's meant to make u stronger and wiser.
Don't resign your fate and future into great despair. It won't help u.

Am a witness of God' s favour.. But I went through hot scalding furnace to get to this point.. I nearly fell by the way side, but thank God I picked myself up and continued the race. Cause we are going through a journey, which will definitely come to an end at the right time.
Because I turned back to God, my life took a drastic turn into somewhere brighter and rosy.
Don't loose hope yet. Be strong. The end of your doubts is closer than u think.
God always come thru at the end.

Well said. God bless you for the wisdom you've applied.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
in as much as I know my state of mind right now might be off cos my pregnant neighbour just died in my arms as at 10 :57 PM, with all the prayers, I watched her convulse while her mother and others went to look for a car to take her to the hospital, I just don't don't know if only certain people's prayers are meant to be answered
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by herald9: 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
frank317:

If it is the spirit of death that is responsible for taking life, shouldn't he be the one we should thank him for not taking our own?
Why are we thanking God instead when he has watched the spirit of death kill millions or billions over the years without stopping it. God should over come spirit of death then we will look at history, see that spirit of death had actually gone, trust me, the way i will thank God eh, he will be feeling glike kemen when he won head of house in big brother Naija.

Glad this is coming from the same u who is asking me to thank God for being alive.
Why are we thanking God for this miserable life when he has better plans for us after death. Shouldn't we be begging him to kill us all and hasten our passage to meet him biko
To be frank, you nailed it! cheesy
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
refiner:

I sense a mocking tone...isokay sha...thanks for ur opinion...
Mocking who ? You ?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by herald9: 12:00am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
in as much as I know my state of mind right now might be off cos my pregnant neighbour just died in my arms as at 10 :57 PM, with all the prayers, I watched her convulse while her mother and others went to look for a car to take her to the hospital, I just don't don't know if only certain people's prayers are meant to be answered
Oh mehn!

Why didn't you guys rush her to the hospital, then pray later? sad
This is terribly sad.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by oyetpel(m): 12:00am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
My gosh, so terrible. My condolences, i don't wish this kind of tragedy on anyone.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by yomz1e(m): 12:01am On Apr 11, 2017
repogirl:
God doesn't destroy some and save others. Everyone can tap into God's mercy if one simply understands how abundant the mercy of God is. Not everyone, there are people God will never show mercy to if they beg him or not. google it

Judas sinned and his guilty conscience led him to kill himself, he didn't understand that God is a forgiving one who absolves of all our sins whereas Peter knew he did wrong and cried for forgiveness. Judas was destined to betray Jesus, it was written even before his existence and it came to past so that the prophecy can begin

Even David, whenever he sinned always cried to God for forgiveness while in Sauls case, he believed he was already a condemned man, forsaken by God. where in the bible dis Saul ever thought he was condemned? God took away his spirit and gave him a disturbing one

After all it is stated clearly that we reap what we sow. So God destroys no one[b]hmmmm.... what about all the Israelite enemies?[/b]. We humans are the products of the choices we make.

people need to understand the bible properly before spewing what they've heard from pastors or from hollywood movies

The thing is no one know his Modus operandi , he does as he pleases, the human mind may see it as impartial or partial.

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by LordOfNaira: 12:02am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:
In Romans 9 vs 16...so then it is not of him that willeth,nor of him that runneth,but of God that sheweth mercy.

That means God is selective of whom to show mercy to,why that?...are we not all his creatures?...we can see this in the case of jacob and esau...he showed mercy to jacob unlike esau...

Peter and judas iscariot...peter was showed mercy but judas was doomed to die...

Saul and david....

Not everyone will receive the mercy of God...some are doomed to die no matter how many years spent on the earth...God spares only those he wish to and destroy others...

Little wonders why someone will commit a particular sin,will go scot free but someone else that commit that same sin might die.....

So doesnt it mean that God is a partial God?...state your opinion without insults...

You know what, my Queen, the Bible God does not exist, let alone partial.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by oyetpel(m): 12:02am On Apr 11, 2017
herald9:

Oh mehn!

This is terribly sad.
She held her in her hands, while the mother of the pregnant woman was looking for cab to take them to hospital.

But while she was holding her, she was also praying for the lady.

Read well
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by onyii255(m): 12:04am On Apr 11, 2017
herald9:

Oh mehn!

This is terribly sad.

Did you read the part where he said the mother and others were looking for a car to take her to the hospital??
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by SmartMugu: 12:04am On Apr 11, 2017
otemanuduno:
Everything you said revolves around Yahweh. And if that is how Yahweh behaves, then no doubt Yahweh is a partial god. Allah his friend is no better-that one is violent and evil too. Mazda also is not too good. OP, rejoice for the evil gods are currently being held in a spiritual cage.

Which one is Mazda again? Is that a god too? I thought it was a car brand. Are Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, Innoson gods too?

Enough of all these. Are their multiple gods or its just One that everyone believes created them? If it's only one God, then which one is the right one? Yahweh? Allah? your Mazda? the over two dozen other gods Indians and Chinese alone believe in? This stuff gets confusing, especially knowing people look at each other differently just on religious basis.

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by stamapro(m): 12:05am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:

I'm all eyes hun..
4rm al d responses i see, dis platform may nt b d rite place 2 share such isu,hence am nt ok mkin further coments hr.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 11, 2017
oyetpel:

My gosh, so terrible. My condolences, i don't wish this kind of tragedy on anyone.
just called her mom some minutes ago,and they confirmed that she was BID, I felt helpless when she held me and told me to help her that she couldn't breathe, and to start foaming few seconds later, with all the "Jesus take control that kept echoing around me,I truly wished the situation was brought under control, cos we were there for more more than 45 mins before her dad came with his car, I am taunted by the last look she gave me when she asked me to help her
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:

Saul and david....

if he exists in the first place most times I read the bible ..it feels like something some people wrote in order to be able to control the actions of others.. everything God does sounds like something a hot tempered man would do.who knows..
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by repogirl(f): 12:08am On Apr 11, 2017
oyetpel:
He is not partial, but am still troubled by Jacob and Esau.

Both of them were never born yet Esau was condemned in the wound, we doesn't know how he will behave or any other thing he was just condemned.

But God is all knowing. Of the other examples you gave, i think it has to do with Character and your attitude towards Jehovah for him to show you mercy.

But Esau never had the chance, poor foetus.
You said it all, it's all in our character and attitude towards Him. If you recall the story of Jabez who was born in sorrow but refused to accept his fate.

Esau was still a rich man, not as popular as Jacob but still rich and even Jacob who you think was favoured didn't have it easy. He had to fight with an angel and force him to bless him. This was after he had to force his father in law to pay him what he was owed after working for him for years. Jacob was a fighter. Nothing was handed down to him freely even though he was seemingly favoured by God.

I bet if Esau had fought as hard, he might have had a different destiny.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 11, 2017
herald9:

Oh mehn!

This is terribly sad.
nobody was ready to help, even our neighbor two houses away refused to bring out their car,we had to wait for her dad to come with his car
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Idrismusty97(m): 12:16am On Apr 11, 2017
So people still dey wey dey discuss religion matter for Nairaland? Upon all the lectures you still haven't accept religion is just a somewhat system of governance organized by bearded old men. Opium of the mass you could say and should be obsolete now. Aren't you intelligent enough to know your left from your right now? Do you still need fairytails to teach you what is wrong and right like kids? See, If you must read the Bible or any so called holy books read it as just an interesting literature like the chronicles of Nairna, Harry portal or even comics and mangas, Not as a sacred guardian of your life...Take out only the good points if any and moral lessons like in those tortoise stories we read when we are kids. Stop questioning non existence fictional character!

If i would add, All the people posting some scriptures, writing long àss epistles thinking they are trying to convinced you while they are only trying to convince themselves. The truth is that everyone knows religion is bullshit deep down in their heart, It is just something they have accepted for centuries and it is hard letting go of it. Of course it feels good to cling to hope even if there is none. But in doing so you are only shutting down logic and progress from your life. Clinging to the hope religion gives demands you believe certain craps, Behave in certain ways and be partially dumb. All these aren't sustainable in this Era anymore.

I would love to write more but i am even tired of all these crap. You guys should all burn! Nobody should quote me abeg, i won't reply.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by jakandeola(m): 12:22am On Apr 11, 2017
onyii255:

I just realised that this demented illiterate feels that commenting on a topic makes it his blog...

Olodo rabata...

Beta go and learn how to speak english...

Op sori for derailing ur thread with this...
mr I too knw wat a blog wat a post abeg get lost
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by adegeye38(m): 12:36am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:

Saul and david....

what is your definition of "death"?

do you mean physical death or eternal death?

any sinner who repents of his sins and believe in christ will be saved

God is never partial, he is a loving God (he is love itself), and he is the fairest judge of all
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by neocortex: 12:38am On Apr 11, 2017
RealHaute:
Refiner too has been bitten. Chai! Your thought-process is carnal. You have to enter a higher real of wisdom to understand. You just want to sound cool. Issorait!

This is what every "believer" who is afraid of their own shadow says.
If you will be sincere with yourself, you will agree with me that refiner
asked a legitimate thought-provoking question. No amount of deflection
can change that fact.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates 77th Birthday With Powerful Word Of Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.