Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? (36317 Views)

Why Do You Think God Created All The Other Planets Aside The Earth? / I Think God Is The Devil. Here Is Why! / I Think God Is Shy, Insecure And Gay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Barbz4u101(m): 6:45am On Apr 11, 2017
But God created man in his own image, why did he condemned the Egyptians,and favoured the Israelites?? so are Egyptians not created in God's image
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by FTBOY: 6:48am On Apr 11, 2017
topetalks:

if I wake up one morning and decide to wear my Blue Jeans instead of my brown trousers, does that mean I'm not being fair on the brown trouser, and even if I decided to give someone my phone for free and buy another one, does that mean I'm being partial on the phone I gave away? My point is it's God's world and He can do as He pleases without having to explain to anyone, you just pray to be on the side of His mercy by giving your life to Christ. It's like God making Jesus the standard for those He wants to be fair on and telling us the standard so that we'll choose right.
However, most times we don't always know the whole story, God not allowing someone to keep living might be Him doing the person a great favor, so let's not try to reason out God's decisions and ways(its like trying to pour all the water in the Atlantic Ocean into a small cup) and just live according to His word since we are in His world. i
your submission to this topic is incoherent and lacking of the true understanding of God's personality. in a bid to explain what you don't know you unconsciously reduced Him to the level of a common human who acts on impulse.

God has always been open to us and has always bared his will for all to understand. He has allowed Himself to be questioned and has explained Himself many times. one of such cases was when abraham tried to strike a bargain with Him in regard to the impeding destruction of sodom and gomorrah.
he asked God, "would you destroy the city if there happen to be 50 righteous men living in it?" and God replied "no".
he asked again...what if you find 40? 30? 20? even 10? and God kept replying him with no. it then dawned on abraham that the only righteous people in that city were lot and his family...you know the rest of the story.

so, God does not work in secret neither does He act on impulse. He searches the heart to know who is deserving of His divine favours. He has shown favours even to his supposed enemies because they repented and He has punished his worshipers for disobeying Him.

His golden rules have never changed:

* worship only God in spirit and in truth
* love your neighbour as yourself

^ ^ those two sum up every other rules.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:
Brother it is called Grace and divine destiny.
There are many ways to activate dat grace.
Peter and Judas: Judas was not destined to betray Jesus but someone needed to do the betrayal and Judas who had been stealing from d treasury made himself available for devil to use him.
Peter had activated grace by following Jesus with all his heart and commitment.
SAUL AND DAVID
Saul was a proud man, he was also disobedient unlike David who was in continual obedience and giving of praises to God.
God is not a democrat and he does not blow whistle on a level ground, he operates on grace and ur grace might not be on d same level as mine.
I responded to u hoping u re a Christian pls ignore my response if u re a big bang product
perfect answer
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by actrinity(m): 6:52am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:
In Romans 9 vs 16...so then it is not of him that willeth,nor of him that runneth,but of God that sheweth mercy.

That means God is selective of whom to show mercy to,why that?...are we not all his creatures?...we can see this in the case of jacob and esau...he showed mercy to jacob unlike esau...

Peter and judas iscariot...peter was showed mercy but judas was doomed to die...

Saul and david....

And lots of biblical cases...

Not everyone will receive the mercy of God...some are doomed to die no matter how many years spent on the earth...God spares only those he wish to and destroy others...

Little wonders why someone will commit a particular sin,will go scot free but someone else that commit that same sin might die.....

So doesnt it mean that God is a partial God?...state your opinion without insults...
If you turn from your evil ways, he will show mercy to you. Haven't u read in the bible also that his eyes are too holy to behold iniquity? And any soul that sin must die? If you're God, will u show mercy to judas? For saul....he later converted & that's paul you see in your bible. God is not partial brother, coz the same rain that falls on the righteous, also falls on the wicked/sinners. Same air, same sun. If he's selective, no sinner will live by now.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Mecoy(m): 6:52am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:

Exactly my point...why love certain people more than others?...we all are his handwork...right?

The love he loves us is a function of how we love him. He wont love people who dont love him
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Hexbee: 6:57am On Apr 11, 2017
frank317:

If it is the spirit of death that is responsible for taking life, shouldn't he be the one we should thank him for not taking our own?
Why are we thanking God instead when he has watched the spirit of death kill millions or billions over the years without stopping it. God should over come spirit of death then we will look at history, see that spirit of death had actually gone, trust me, the way i will thank God eh, he will be feeling glike kemen when he won head of house in big brother Naija.

Glad this is coming from the same u who is asking me to thank God for being alive.
Why are we thanking God for this miserable life when he has better plans for us after death. Shouldn't we be begging him to kill us all and hasten our passage to meet him biko
why all this rubbish? You ar living, breathing, hearing, perceiving, seeing yet you fell ungrateful to the greatest god who has done this all for you. He is god, the lord. Only him shall live forever while every other thing shall perish. One day we will meet with him to account on how we have spend our time and our wealth. Be gratefull to him for he has made a living among the death.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by TeamSimple(m): 6:59am On Apr 11, 2017
Lex11:
OP...consider that in order to show mercy, pardon and justify the many... God Himself, in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ, had to pay for our sins through personal unimaginable sacrifice. - Isaiah 53:3-5

We do not understand all things, but we know "The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy." Psalm 145:8

Thank God at all times, for all things... especially that salvation is even possible.

-----
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? - Romans 9:20
Na this u people 'God himself came through Jesus to pay for our sins' they vex me pass.

Please Who determines what is sin, please who has the sole power of forgiving them? Why should I kill myself or my son just to be able forgive a sin only I can solely forgive? Should we call that a show off from the Christian god?

Because I am not understanding. Why should I use the entire savings in my whole life to buy a car I already own? Does it make sense?

Or is it possible for your wealthy father to sell off his house just to pay your school fees? A fee that we all know his capable of paying for 100 more students on scholarship. But still goes on to sell his house? Please what will you call such a man?

Na wa o..

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by actrinity(m): 7:00am On Apr 11, 2017
frank317:

U said God is not partial but went ahead to say he shows mercy to whomever he pleases, not to all. Isn't that partiality?

Ya right.. some are dead some are alive, as they all breathing the same air? Is that not partial?

Besides how does the presence of air show that God is merciful. He created humans and thought air was necessary for their survival and u say that makes him merciful.
So because petrol was made as a necessity for car to move well that mean humans are merciful to cars for making petrol?
Bros, my advice to you... Stop this blasphemy against your creator. Tell whoever that put this thinking in you to change from stupid logic and appreciate the life you've been given. You're alive today....does it mean you're same with the righteous?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

So sorry for your loss dear. Please get this movie "90 minutes in Heaven" it's a true life story. You will know that your mum is in a better place and I pray that you will be comforted by this knowledge.
it's your mom that's in a better place, seems you need brain scan, go back and read,this time very slowly
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by ojuu4u(m): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

Dat was destiny.
Esau was a great man but it was thru Jacob dat d blessings of Abraham was to be fulfilled. Even at dat Jacob didn't just fold his arms. He also struggled it out to fulfill dat destiny.
To activate grace just obey God's word.

please stop deceiving urself remember u are not charting with clowns and this is public forum, don't defend wat is not defendable, am always marvel whenever it comes to issues of religions people do proof that White is green, so many people will go to hell fire ignorantly
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by BuzChi(m): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2017
An2elect2:
You mean God's grace is inactive even when he showed preference for Jacob over Esau before they were born?

So how do you "activate" this grace biblically?
Study 2 Peters 1: 2 , Col. 1:9..the right knowledge deposited in the heart&mind can unviels to you more "goodies" in Christ Jesus! Especially since grace & truth finally manifested and we could possess it, as it possesses us, through him(John 1:17). The Mosaic laws couldn't give grace&truth!--2 Corinthians 3:7---18..
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Hexbee: 7:01am On Apr 11, 2017
Hexbee:

why all this rubbish? You ar living, breathing, hearing, perceiving, seeing yet you fell ungrateful to the greatest god who has done this all for you. He is god, the lord. Only him shall live forever while every other thing shall perish. One day we will meet with him to account on how we have spend our time and our wealth. Be gratefull to him for he has made a living among the death.
he hs make you a living soul among the death ones. It is by his grace and mercy that you re still alive
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Caseless: 7:04am On Apr 11, 2017
dingbang:
the fact that people are dead is because the spirit of death is out there.. The devil comes not only to steal, but to kill and destroy.

Moreover, death is not final.. Its just a path to meet the lord to another life.
this is how you guys give atheists chance to defeat you in an argument. So God is powerless now that devil can always be in charge?
God giveth life and taketh life. You go soon talk this one.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 7:04am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
it's your mom that's in a better place, seems you need brain scan, go back and read,this time very slowly

I was wrong after all.. .
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Caseless: 7:06am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:
In Romans 9 vs 16...so then it is not of him that willeth,nor of him that runneth,but of God that sheweth mercy.

That means God is selective of whom to show mercy to,why that?...are we not all his creatures?...we can see this in the case of jacob and esau...he showed mercy to jacob unlike esau...

Peter and judas iscariot...peter was showed mercy but judas was doomed to die...

Saul and david....

Not everyone will receive the mercy of God...some are doomed to die no matter how many years spent on the earth...God spares only those he wish to and destroy others...

Little wonders why someone will commit a particular sin,will go scot free but someone else that commit that same sin might die.....

So doesnt it mean that God is a partial God?...state your opinion without insults...
which among the gods? Remember, you people say jesus is God.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 11, 2017
ReubenE:

Sorry for the loss...
She just needed the quick intervention of medical practitioners.
Guilt comes with situations like this especially when there is close relations in the final moments.
But it is because of situations like this that we have the word Courage and Bravery in language. You have to exhibit them now if not you will feel guilty for not doing enough to save her, and helpless for feeling that way.

Death is one price we must all pay. When and how it comes, is not always what we deserve...take heart dear
now I know why I follow you on this forum, the only mature and practical mention I got, at that instant the only thing that ran through my mind was what first aid I could give to salvage the situation, infact I almost went for Google, it happened so fast (within 10 mins) I was just confused,to think she was due for delivery this month, thanks for the words, woke up with the feeling that I could have done more
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 7:11am On Apr 11, 2017
Caseless:
this is how you guys give atheists chance to defeat you in an argument. So God is powerless now that devil can always be in charge?
God giveth life and taketh life. You go soon talk this one.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

The thief ==> devil.

The devil takes life.

God takes life.

The devil and God takes life.

But God taking life is justifiable while the devil is not ==> Christian and Islamic doctrine.

Very deep..

If there were to be a God, certainly not the Christian God.

And if this God were to exist, the Christians will be the first he'll punish.

I really wish there was a God.. .but not the Christian God.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Mujtahida: 7:12am On Apr 11, 2017
jnrbayano:
You are an artist, makes two paintings to put in your gallery.

They were beautiful.

But you suddenly decided to destroy painting 1 and leave painting 2.

Refiner,

Have you shown cruelty to painting 1 that will warrant it to demand explanations for your decision?
Except that painting 1 is just a painting and no more. It has no feelings, it knows no pain or joy, it has no hopes, it doesn't move or talk. And the Potter has the right to destroy the pot. What would religion not do to people's minds. Yet if a father kills his child solely on the claim that he is the father we condemn him. Maybe you are a painting. I am a human being not a painting.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

There's a storeroom for prayers dear and sometimes it depends on the anointing you carry. There is also spiritual exercise e.g fasting, giving, sowing of seed, the more you participate in it, the more effective your prayers will be.
which brings us to the question of partiality the op is talking about, don't you agree?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Viking007(m): 7:12am On Apr 11, 2017
rattlesnake:
Even you why did you kill some ants and let others Go
cheesy
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Ogalanyachieze: 7:14am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:

Saul and david....

op what about allah ur own god? Is he also partial? And you guys say he is god too
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 11, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Very enlightening. I see why he let Dr Myles Munroe an evangelist, ordained minister and dedicated pastor die in a gruesome plane crash. He probably don't have a relationship with God. And oh, He died along with his wife and 8 others BTW. God is really impartial and merciful. And you, You are still breathing because you have the best relationship with God. Everyone else who died untimely doesn't have a relationship with God including a dedicated pastor, A new born baby and even a pregnant woman and her unborn baby.

Your putting words in my mouth never said they were unbelievers accidents happen and Christian's die maybe it's their time. but I don't know the faith they had at the time or even their true hearts so I cant say or speculate but I don't question God when it comes to his children and you shouldn't either it's all fun and games till he takes revenge

Watch this about Munroe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpyQ93KXyqU
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by PastorAji(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2017
Is God partial

To me

YES
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 7:17am On Apr 11, 2017
solasoulmusic:

Your putting words in my mouth never said they were unbelievers accidents happen and Christian's die maybe it's their time. but I don't know the faith they had at the time or even their true hearts so I cant say or speculate but I don't question God when it comes to his children and you shouldn't either it's all fun and games till he takes revenge

Why don't you question God?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by KAYD007(m): 7:18am On Apr 11, 2017
otemanuduno:
No, God the Universe, the creator of all gods is not partial. Partiality and jealousy belongs to his creations because of their own selfish interest.
For example, Alla the god of Mecca favours his land and calls it the Holy Land while other lands have to come to his land to worship. That is Partiality. Yahweh the god of Yacob(Israel) made Israel a holy place for the rest of the world to come. That is Partiality. Vishnu the god of Hindi made India a place of worship. That is Partiality.

But GOD THE UNIVERSE who created the physical Universe with a big bang and created all these aforementioned gods has given every land one resource or the other. Petroleum is found in Nigeria, Gold in Ghana, football talents in Brazil, talented story writers in Israel, inventors in America, China, etc.

Now you OP are bothered by the story written concerning the people of other lands. You forsake the gods of your own land(Chuku, Olorun, Abassi etc.) and worry yourself over the god of other lands. Well... Good luck to you, but as for me... I will rather follow the sayings of Luwabi, the father of all OMOLUWABIs:

Africa has come to accept the gods of other lands while neglecting thiers!

They should realize that the god of israel is but a tribal god just like any other tribal gods around.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 11, 2017
PastorAji:
Is God partial

To me

YES

Thank you my answer is based on my personal experience with God not everyone will agree but answer your own

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

Why don't you question God?

Since he took someone I really loved at 7 I stopped questioning him why?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 7:19am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

There's a storeroom for prayers dear and sometimes it depends on the anointing you carry. There is also spiritual exercise e.g fasting, giving, sowing of seed, the more you participate in it, the more effective your prayers will be.

Lol..

Why then do we have hospitals, drugs, medicine, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners?

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 7:19am On Apr 11, 2017
solasoulmusic:

Since he took someone I really loved at 7 I stopped questioning him why?

And you don't care for his reason?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

And you don't care for his reason?
it was her time she had said goodbye weeks before
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by felaismyhero(m): 7:23am On Apr 11, 2017
[/quote] i dont think it is God being impartial,it is just him being God.well if he really can raise the dead,then a human's death should be nothing to him(of course since he loves us,he undastands our pain regarding death as in jesus wept).look at d story of job,his first set of children die from God's bet wit satan,but he is 'blessed' wit a second set.so the first set just goes like dat?!.wat am saying is i think God's perspective on death must be different from ours,i doubt if he sees death as a loss.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by redcliff: 7:26am On Apr 11, 2017
otemanuduno:
Everything you said revolves around Yahweh. And if that is how Yahweh behaves, then no doubt Yahweh is a partial god. Allah his friend is no better-that one is violent and evil too. Mazda also is not too good. OP, rejoice for the evil gods are currently being held in a spiritual cage.

Damn brother... what did you drink? I need me some of that too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.