Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? (36319 Views)

Why Do You Think God Created All The Other Planets Aside The Earth? / I Think God Is The Devil. Here Is Why! / I Think God Is Shy, Insecure And Gay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

I was wrong after all.. .
it should rather be "I was right aferall ", you were already scared
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zeongeon: 7:41am On Apr 11, 2017
From my experience and observation God is NEVER a partial GOD. God loves every one and thats why you see people being healthy, rich, moving forward and being progressive regardless of believe; Christain, Muslim, traditional worshipper, atheist....some universal laws that are meant for everyone such as if what ever you sow you shall reap, work hard, be disciplined etc and if any one sticks to this laws he will do well under normal circumstances regardless of believe.

However when you are a genuine christain and have a good relationships with God you enjoy premium package and you won't blame God for that because he has sent his son to die for everyone and had people appointed to spread his gospel of love and even up till now God's gospel of love is still being spread because he wants all of mankind to enjoy the premium package that comes with having a relationship with HIM. However, the choice of man comes to play...so many have decided not to have a relationship with GOD but the question is has that stopped them from enjoying the good things of LIFE... NO... why? Cause GOD is not a partial GOD.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by selfemployed(m): 7:43am On Apr 11, 2017
Peter and David repented when the Holy Spirit prompted them but Saul and Judas Iscariot were adamant on killing David and Jesus respectively after many prompts
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by PastorAji(m): 7:44am On Apr 11, 2017
solasoulmusic:

Thank you my answer is based on my personal experience with God not everyone will agree but answer your own
PastorAji:
Is God partial

To me

YES
some peeps would be asking why a Pastor could say that god is partial. I met with a classmate of mine that we both finished secondary school yesterday. cry cry cry 100% of them are THOUSANDS OF MILES AHEAD OF ME.
Walahi god is partial cry cry cry cry
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 7:49am On Apr 11, 2017
solasoulmusic:
it was her time she had said goodbye weeks before

She decided it was her time or God did?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 7:50am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
it should rather be "I was right aferall ", you were already scared

Still scared! cry cry cry

BTW, am not trolling you.. ..

Am only following you...
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Immorttal: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:

Lol...nah...i just want to be clarified..dassal! smiley
I like your oval face oo, am sure you go get height kwa kiss
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 7:55am On Apr 11, 2017
zeongeon:
From my experience and observation God is NEVER a partial GOD. God loves every one and thats why you see people being healthy, rich, moving forward and being progressive regardless of believe; Christain, Muslim, traditional worshipper, atheist....some universal laws that are meant for everyone such as if what ever you sow you shall reap, work hard, be disciplined etc and if any one sticks to this laws he will do well under normal circumstances regardless of believe.

However when you are a genuine christain and have a good relationships with God you enjoy premium package and you won't blame God for that because he has sent his son to die for everyone and had people appointed to spread his gospel of love and even up till now God's gospel of love is still being spread because he wants all of mankind to enjoy the premium package that comes with having a relationship with HIM. However, the choice of man comes to play...so many have decided not to have a relationship with GOD but the question is has that stopped them from enjoying the good things of LIFE... NO... why? Cause GOD is not a partial GOD.

How about those who never heard of this? What is their fate?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Zenlife: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:
Brother it is called Grace and divine destiny.
There are many ways to activate dat grace.
Peter and Judas: Judas was not destined to betray Jesus but someone needed to do the betrayal and Judas who had been stealing from d treasury made himself available for devil to use him.
Peter had activated grace by following Jesus with all his heart and commitment.
SAUL AND DAVID
Saul was a proud man, he was also disobedient unlike David who was in continual obedience and giving of praises to God.
God is not a democrat and he does not blow whistle on a level ground, he operates on grace and ur grace might not be on d same level as mine.
I responded to u hoping u re a Christian pls ignore my response if u re a big bang product

"Judas was not destined to betray Jesus but someone needed to do the betrayal and Judas who had been stealing from d treasury made himself available for devil to use him."

Then this God can't be all knowing.
He's not omniscient.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
which brings us to the question of partiality the op is talking about, don't you agree?

God is not partial. If you read my post properly you would understand what I meant. Prayer has a store room. Your parents and grandparents devotion to God also affects your destiny, your own devotion will affect your children, grand children and great grand children's destiny.

There are people who pray for hours daily, they spend time fasting and live in communion with God, do you think your anointing and theirs will be the Same?

If you call that partiality then it's fine but if you become a queen and dance unclad for God in broad daylight in front of your subjects such that even your husband mocks you for it then you can compare yourself with David., also the same David was responsible for building a Temple of praise for God, do you think God will ignore all this?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
it's your mom that's in a better place, seems you need brain scan, go back and read,this time very slowly

Sorry, it was a mistake, you don't have to be rude about it. Take care
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

Lol..

Why then do we have hospitals, drugs, medicine, doctors, nurses and medical practitioners?

Why do we have Churches, Pastors, Priests, Bishops, Evangelists, Teachers of the word, and Nuns?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by crunchyg: 8:03am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:
In Romans 9 vs 16...so then it is not of him that willeth,nor of him that runneth,but of God that sheweth mercy.

That means God is selective of whom to show mercy to,why that?...are we not all his creatures?...we can see this in the case of jacob and esau...he showed mercy to jacob unlike esau...

Peter and judas iscariot...peter was showed mercy but judas was doomed to die...

Saul and david....

And lots of biblical cases...

Not everyone will receive the mercy of God...some are doomed to die no matter how many years spent on the earth...God spares only those he wish to and destroy others...

Little wonders why someone will commit a particular sin,will go scot free but someone else that commit that same sin might die.....

So doesnt it mean that God is a partial God?...state your opinion without insults...
That is what makes him God, his ways are higher than our ways, his reasoning and thinking is higher than ours, you can't understand the totality of his ways with your human mind, because you no reach, if you can do that then nothing makes you different from God himself, so don't try to figure him out completely becos you can't, rather just follow his ways, any the Goodness is, no body whi have ever followed him and ended badly
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zeongeon: 8:03am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

How about those who never heard of this? What is their fate?
Those people who haven't heard about that are they not progressing in their life affairs, are they not health and living long, are they not happy, are they not blessed with children, wife's and job? Would you say GOD is partial..
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by AkieWillis(m): 8:05am On Apr 11, 2017
.......the God said in the bible "i love jacob and i hate esau" the same bible also said "who ever hates his neigbhor is a muderer" does that implies that God is a muderer! IMPOSSIBLE#aditus of olodumare
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

She decided it was her time or God did?

Honestly if your just trolling dey go it's a sensitive topic for me
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Phunkyposh(f): 8:08am On Apr 11, 2017
He causes rain to fall on the wicked and the righteous. and sun to shine as well

Matt 5.45...
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by freda193: 8:09am On Apr 11, 2017
I guess the OP is a partial person too. at least he has a favourite food DAT he cherishes n keeps checking on so it doesn't go bad BT is nt really interested in the one he doesn't really like... how abt his friends Y isn't he friends with every person he has come across??
that can b likened to how God treats ppl, that food, that cloth, that friend has more Grace than the odas you v around n doesn't mean you don't care abt the odas.
And some people just chose death due to ignorance while others die cos God is omniscient.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why do we have Churches, Pastors, Priests, Bishops, Evangelists, Teachers of the word, and Nuns?

To attempt to provide answers to questions that still proves to be difficult.... And that's weird actually... Really, there's no use or need for them.. .Therapists are actually better.. .
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 8:14am On Apr 11, 2017
Phunkyposh:
He causes rain to fall on the wicked and the righteous. and sun to shine as well

Matt 5.45...

You base this on the Bible.. .how about others who don't?

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

Still scared! cry cry cry

BTW, am not trolling you.. ..

Am only following you...
good, you have every reason to be scared, have a nice day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
good, you have every reason to be scared, have a nice day

Okay baby! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Lainjnr(m): 8:19am On Apr 11, 2017
I ask Myself mostly everyday "why is God like this" I won't say God is partial, its Grace, Divine grace.... one should just pray for divine grace and Favor of God.... Dats all
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

God is not partial. If you read my post properly you would understand what I meant. Prayer has a store room. Your parents and grandparents devotion to God also affects your destiny, your own devotion will affect your children, grand children and great grand children's destiny.

There are people who pray for hours daily, they spend time fasting and live in communion with God, do you think your anointing and theirs will be the Same?

If you call that partiality then it's fine but if you become a queen and dance unclad for God in broad daylight in front of your subjects such that even your husband mocks you for it then you can compare yourself with David., also the same David was responsible for building a Temple of praise for God, do you think God will ignore all this?
Maybe we should check the definition of partiality, and then related it to what you just described, so because one worships me more than the other, I give preference to him more than the other, so what is now the difference between what we humans do everyday?, and besides looking back a doctor would have made more impact in such a situation than the presence of Jesus, just wondering when we will have good paramedic services in this country for emergencies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:23am On Apr 11, 2017
freda193:
I guess the OP is a partial person too. at least he has a favourite food DAT he cherishes n keeps checking on so it doesn't go bad BT is nt really interested in the one he doesn't really like... how abt his friends Y isn't he friends with every person he has come across??
that can b likened to how God treats ppl, that food, that cloth, that friend has more Grace than the odas you v around n doesn't mean you don't care abt the odas.
And some people just chose death due to ignorance while others die cos God is omniscient.

this is absolute nonsense

you just committed tu quoque fallacy

is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the validity of the opponent's logical argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s).

Tu quoque "argument" follows the pattern:
1. Person A makes claim X.
2. Person B asserts that A's actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X.
3. Therefore X is false

OP isn't claiming to be perfect so he can be unfair cuz he's human and there's only so much he can know, do, and can only be in one place at once, unlike your Yahweh
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Disneyboy: 8:24am On Apr 11, 2017
refiner:
In Romans 9 vs 16...so then it is not of him that willeth,nor of him that runneth,but of God that sheweth mercy.

That means God is selective of whom to show mercy to,why that?...are we not all his creatures?...we can see this in the case of jacob and esau...he showed mercy to jacob unlike esau...

Peter and judas iscariot...peter was showed mercy but judas was doomed to die...

Saul and david....

Not everyone will receive the mercy of God...some are doomed to die no matter how many years spent on the earth...God spares only those he wish to and destroy others...

Little wonders why someone will commit a particular sin,will go scot free but someone else that commit that same sin might die.....

So doesnt it mean that God is a partial God?...state your opinion without insults...

you got it all wrong bro......God shows mercy to those who repented genuinely......
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Minemrys: 8:25am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

Dat was destiny.
Esau was a great man but it was thru Jacob dat d blessings of Abraham was to be fulfilled. Even at dat Jacob didn't just fold his arms. He also struggled it out to fulfill dat destiny.
To activate grace just obey God's word.
Ehen? But what about freewill then? Don't you think if man has freewill as claimed by the religious books he should be the one in c0ntrol of his destiny and n0t s0me super being? And if there's no freewill d0n't you think God is partial for destining people to be rich, g0od, evil and p0or just to test his powers and supremacy?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Phunkyposh(f): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

You base this on the Bible.. .how about others who don't?

I really don't get your question . But as a child of God , his word is our guide. If we look deeply, we would know God is merciful.
if he takes record of our sins and evil ways , Who will stand?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2017
kaboninc:

Okay baby! kiss kiss kiss
which one is baby again now. ,"Ms "will do just fine for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Jtfranklin: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Hey bros, the whomever does not lie with God, it lies with us. It just like saying for God so love the world............ that whosoever believe will not be destroyed but av eternal life. What about those who do not believe? Will God force us to believe? He created us as free moral agents not as robot. So when we make our choices whether good or bad we benefit or suffer the consequences. Moses once told the Israelites : I put life and death before u, the curses and the blessings, but choose life so that you may live. Of course it's only rational to expect all of them to choose life. But their choices is not in their lips but it comes from their heart and how they live their lives. So God shows mercy to whomever deserved to be shown I.e those who sin and repent and vows not to go back to their old ways and jeep to their vows. What if we sin and we pray for repentance and still go back to our old ways? Ur guess is as good as mine. Conclusion is simple. God is not partial but in EVERY NATION the man that fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.Acts 10 v 34, 35
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Minemrys: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

Your brain is not mature enough to understand all these things...
them d0n show. You wey ur brain mature, break am in simple terms make we z0mbies understand.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by oaroloye(m): 8:31am On Apr 11, 2017
SHALOM!

refiner:

PAUL WAS A PHARISEE, AND YAHSHUA EXPLICITLY SAID THAT PHARISEES WERE FULL OF INIQUITY, AND JUSTIFIED THEMSELVES BEFORE MEN.

The Pharisees used TRICKERY to find people guilty, and sentence them to death, SO THAT THEY COULD SEIZE THEIR STUFF.

COVETOUSNESS, and not LOVE OF GOD was their motivation.

WICKED PAUL said that he GOT THE IDEA OF COVETOUSNESS from reading about it in THE TEN COMMANDMENTS- as if all the other Israelites who read the same Commandment and OBEYED were somehow STUPID, or something, and HE was SMARTER than them.

Therefore, the PHARISEES' ARGUMENT was:

"SINCE GOD IS SO MERCIFUL,
AND THESE PEOPLE ARE INNOCENT,
IF HE DID NOT WANT US TO HURT THEM,
OR KILL THEM,
HE WOULD GIVE US A SIGN!"

Saul and david....

ONE WONDERS WHAT SOME PEOPLE USE FOR BRAINS.

JUDAS COVETED MONEY, and reasoned that Yahshua could deliver himself from any situation- so he betrayed him.

When he realized his error, he no longer wanted the money, and threw it away, then killed himself.

He didn't have to do any of that- but, as ISAAC ASIMOV might have said, he was clearly "A MAN OF ACTION- TO THE END!"

PETER lived very high on the hog, all his life, dictating to the ignorant Brethren how to live their lives- them, unaware that HE WAS BETRAYING THEM, AND SUPPRESSING THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF YAHSHUA.

Finally, after betraying so many Brethren to death- beginning with JUDAS, ANANIAS, SAPPHIRA, STEPHEN, and JAMES, and all the Christians who died, because HE WITHHELD THE COMMANDMENT OF YAHSHUA that it was THEIR DUTY to FLEE PERSECUTION, and LEAVE THE PLACES WHERE THE GOSPEL WAS NOT WANTED- it was FINALLY Peter's turn to die.

According to LEGEND, the ONLY thing he could THINK of, to try to ESCAPE YAHSHUA'S PROPHECY, and REGAIN CONTROL OF HIS LIFE, was to request to be crucified UPSIDE-DOWN!

A FOOL TO HIS END.

No one escapes the consequences of their Sins.

If a person has lost his entire BAKERY, people tend not to notice if he loses a couple of loaves of bread out his bag.

If a man went to bed as a Billionaire, and woke up and found himself a ZERONAIRE, he would not care that some JUNKIE broke into his house, and stole his wallet- even when he was looking at them doing it.

You are a fool for BLASPHEMING GOD, yet demanding that YOURSELF not be "INSULTED!"

Do you have NO RESPECT at all?

Who do you think you are?

. JOHN 14:15-27.

15. "If ye love me,
keep my Commandments.
16. And I will pray The Father,
and He shall give you another Comforter,
that He may abide with you for ever;
17. "Even the Spirit of Truth;
Whom the World cannot receive,
because it seeth him not,
neither knoweth Him:
but ye know Him;
for He dwelleth with you,
and shall be in you.
18. "I will not leave you Comfortless:
I will come to you.
19. "Yet a little while,
and the World seeth me no more;
but ye see me:
because I live,
ye shall live also.
20. At that day ye shall know
that I am in my Father,
and ye in me, and I in you.
21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him,
not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that
thou wilt manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me,
He will keep my Words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not
keepeth not my Sayings:
and the Word which ye hear
is not mine,
but The Father's Which sent me.
25. “These things
have I spoken unto you,
being (yet) present with you.
26. "But The Comforter,
(Which is) The Holy Ghost,
Whom The Father
will send in My Name,
He shall Teach you All Things
and bring all things
to your Remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 “Peace I leave with you;
My Peace I give unto you,
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

YAHWEH GOD FAVOURS THOSE WHO LOVE HIS SON, WHILE HE DOES NOT LOVE THOSE WHO HATE HIS SON.

Why should He be a lover of those who are ENEMIES of GOOD PEOPLE?

Only in regions protected by MINYANS can there be DIVINE JUSTICE.

YAHWEH GOD destroyed SODOM AND GOMORRAH because He could not find a single SYNAGOGUE there.

A Synagogue can only be started by a MINYAN.

In a Synagogue, THE TORAH SCROLL cannot be opened, until a MINYAN is present.

Where is the MINYAN involved in places where you accuse God of "partiality?"

You are blaming God for not executing you for yourSins, instantly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates 77th Birthday With Powerful Word Of Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.