Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate (28993 Views)

Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President / 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Dindondin(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
madridguy:
Yah Muliqu Sanusi, with due respect sir, what is been practiced in Zamfara, Nigeria is nothing but hypocrisy. We knew what Shariah means and not what Yerima did to ripped off the state treasury and also to subject the good people of Zamfara to abject poverty. Shariah means equality.

The thief called Ahmed Yerimo is nothing but a clown.
Why don't you guys hold them thieves like Yerima accountable?
Na only religious matter una dey ginger to.
Sharia in the Northern Nigeria is meant for religion alone
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Mcreloaded(m): 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
The first time I visited the core north for my NYSC I could not sop asking my self if I am still in Nigeria over and over again and just couldn't wait to return to civilization
May God help the north to wake up as very soon they will be left behind]

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Lush100(m): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2017
Goke7:
don't know why folks are surprised with sanusi's comments, sanusi had a prolonged banking career which ended up as CBN boss. He had seen the projections in years to come and know that the north is just living in self denial. With the agitations in the east and silent agitations in the west, the future of the north is so shaky and sanusi himself is becoming agitated hence the regular outbursts from him.

The day power will shift back to the south again, the north may be in serious trouble as the fulani herdsmen issue has placed the north in a bad light which will continue to affect their economic fortune. The only thing the north has right now is political power and in this century if you can't convert political power to economic advantage then you are at a disadvantage. This is what sanusi is crying about. The north keeps living in denial.

Sir, you said most things correct but i have some other perspective.

the north has political power, military power and an edge on agriculture.

however they lack in education,technology, health and hygiene,

Technology can be bought( known fact) but education ( nah nah) it has to be entrenched into the system and i think this is the area SLS is particular about because once u make education priority, all others would be taken up gradually.

I still envy the north for their hardworking and agriculture-centric people ( all other forms of land investment causes damage to the earth on the long run,

agriculture preserve or at least balances the damage or alterations.

with that said,

IF THE NORTH CAN ENTRENCH EDUCATION and not religious and demographic sentiment that favor quota system and nepotism and dogmatic reactions, , believe me they would be the toast of the country,

They have military strength too
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Nowenuse: 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
ihatesycophant:
Sanusi Lamido (Emir) just need 20 Northern elites to join him in this campaign and there will be revolution and transformations in the 21 Northern States. I pray he sees supporters.

Pls never you include the middlebelt and core north together. The middlebelt is making serious progress and we have left the core-north behind. Go and check our literacy rates, Jamb and Waec registration statistics and poverty rates. We have left the core north behind and we are moving forward, we will soon catch up with the south.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Nowenuse: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2017
timilehin95:

I'm not a MUSLIM oo, but Dubai, UAE, Qatar proved u wrong.

But in nigerian settings u are right

The countries have a lot of oil and they are very small in population hence their great progress (although they also contributed in their own way).
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Nowenuse: 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
danjumakolo:

He is educating you about how an ideal Muslim country should be.
Do you know the GDP of

Malaysia
Indonesia
Kuwait
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Brunei
UAE
Iran

These are Muslim countries that even you wanna go.

So basically SANUSI is saying its difficult for sharia to thrive where the politians are hell corrupt.But in any case,its better than nothing as 99% of children who are 18 years n below in zamfara does not know the beer parlour or the brothel which was in place those days in zamfara.

These countries encouraged literacy in western and advanced education for their populations. What are the literacy rates of core-northernerns?
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Hafeezson(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
What you said is true, but we the people of zamfara knows the effect of shari'ah and we are not regreting about it. Only better Muslim will this
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Uncletony(m): 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
this one just dey do mouth service! all talk but no action
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by baganas: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
SLM is right up to the point that politicians use the religious card to usurp power but to give the impression that only in the north or the Muslim politians involved in this is false and misleading. At every election in this country we are a living witness to how the polity is polarised along either religious or ethnic lines for electioneering expediency. So the problem is Nigerian rather than any region in the country
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by BetaThings: 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
dragonking3:

Look at this clown. Why didn't you compare South Sudan with the Sudan (north) for all to see.

Till date, South Sudan despite being poor is far better than the cursed Muslim country of Sudan. #fact

http://www.indexmundi.com/factbook/compare/sudan.south-sudan/economy

If there is any curse, it is on your intolerant, hate-filled, falsehood-driven religion of Christianity
More Christians are on the daily flights to Qatar and UAE, yet you are talking about curse
Are they going to share in the curse

You should read more and liberate your mind
Why do you think a country that everybody is fleeing (South Sudan) is better than one where there is peace (Sudan)?
Or do you think there is commerce in the midst of humanitarian crisis?

What is on record is
1. Soldiers are allowed to rape in lieu of payment
2. People prefer to confront crocodiles, rather than face the onslaught of the soldiers
3. The humanitarian disaster in South Sudan is mind boggling
4. 17,000 child soldiers are in your beloved country - when are you buying your ticket

UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, announced today that more than 1.5 million people have now been forced to flee the country and seek safety since conflict erupted in December 2013. This makes South Sudan Africa’s largest refugee crisis and the world’s third largest after Syria and Afghanistan – with less attention and chronic levels of underfunding.

In less than six months, Uganda has more than tripled its population of South Sudanese refugees, hosting more than half of the 1.1 million people who have fled their homes in the neighbouring country.
http://www.unhcr.org/news/stories/2017/2/589dba9f4/number-refugees-fleeing-south-sudan-tops-15-million.html

THERE are cobras and vipers here, and hungry crocodiles and belligerent hippos. But thousands of South Sudanese are hiding in these swamps because they have even greater fear of their own government — which the United States helped install.

“When the soldiers come, we go into the water up to our necks and hide, with only our noses out of the water,” a displaced villager, Nyakier Gatluak, told me after I waded through swamps and rivers to reach the island where she shelters. She and other parents hold children and command them to be silent, hoping that they will be invisible in the water and reeds.

I asked about crocodiles, and Nyakier was fatalistic. “Even if you die in the water, it’s better to be killed by snakes or crocodiles than by soldiers,” she said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/opinion/sunday/where-the-soldiers-are-scarier-than-the-crocodiles.html?_r=0

CIA Factbook
South Sudan
GDP per capita $1,700 (2016 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/od.html

Sudan
$4,500 (2016 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/su.html

Christianity - the religion of make-believe
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by BetaThings: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Mcreloaded:
The first time I visited the core north for my NYSC I could not sop asking my self if I am still in Nigeria over and over again and just couldn't wait to return to civilization
May God help the north to wake up as very soon they will be left behind]

Yet some people still eat people in your South
That is civilisation, right?
Liars and hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by BetaThings: 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Dindondin:

Why don't you guys hold them thieves like Yerima accountable?
Na only religious matter una dey ginger to.
Sharia in the Northern Nigeria is meant for religion alone

I see?
And the rogues in the South?
You are dealing with them?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Dindondin(m): 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
BetaThings:

I see? And the rogues in the South? You are dealing with them?
I m.not from the Southern part of Nigeria. I rep South West. In my constituency, we treat the fuc k up of political rogues.
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by hero2000: 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lilimax:
He has an ulterior motive... embarassed embarassed
And what could that be?
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by onadana: 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
mu2sa2:
Don't mind the hypocrites! North, south, east or west there is no part of this country that is free of object poverty. Ask sls, in what way is abia, ekiti etc better than zamfara?

My brother you have said it all.It's all about the rich and the poor.
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by dragonking3: 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
BetaThings:

If there is any curse, it is on your intolerant, hate-filled, falsehood-driven religion of Christianity
More Christians are on the daily flights to Qatar and UAE, yet you are talking about curse
Are they going to share in the curse

You should read more and liberate your mind
Why do you think a country that everybody is fleeing (South Sudan) is better than one where there is peace (Sudan)?
Or do you think there is commerce in the midst of humanitarian crisis?

What is on record is
1. Soldiers are allowed to rape in lieu of payment
2. People prefer to confront crocodiles, rather than face the onslaught of the soldiers
3. The humanitarian disaster in South Sudan is mind boggling
4. 17,000 child soldiers are in your beloved country - when are you buying your ticket

http://www.unhcr.org/news/stories/2017/2/589dba9f4/number-refugees-fleeing-south-sudan-tops-15-million.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/opinion/sunday/where-the-soldiers-are-scarier-than-the-crocodiles.html?_r=0

CIA Factbook
South Sudan
GDP per capita $1,700 (2016 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/od.html

Sudan
$4,500 (2016 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/su.html

Christianity - the religion of make-believe

Everyone knows which religion doesn't tolerate.

Now, why is it that when you guys mention Muslim countries, you only mention Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia . Just few out of over 50 Muslim countries.

Now everyone in Muslim countries like Pakistan, Syria, Iraq, Lybia are all fleeing to Christian countries. Why not Muslim countries like the UAE or Qatar? Why are these Muslim countries rejecting their fellow Muslim brothers and sisters? I will tell you why, because nobody wants a parasite and someone who still practices that cursed demonic religion.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34132308

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8280448

http://time.com/4025187/arab-states-syrian-refugees/

Users have posted powerful images to illustrate the plight of Syrian refugees, with photos of people drowned at sea, children being carried over barbed wire, or families sleeping rough.
A Facebook page called The Syrian Community in Denmark has shared a video showing migrants being allowed to enter Austria from Hungary, prompting one user to ask: "How did we flee from the region of our Muslim brethren, which should take more responsibility for us than a country they describe as infidels?"
Another user replied: "I swear to the Almighty God, it's the Arabs who are the infidels

So why do fellow Muslim who practices Islam prefer to flee into Christian countries than their own Muslim countries who claimed to be islamic brothers?

Here is the answer :

The Muslim refugees converting to Christianity 'to find safety'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/30/muslim-refugees-converting-christianity-find-safety/

Muslim Refugees Converting To Christianity To Sneak Into U.S

http://dennismichaellynch.com/muslim-refugees-converting-christianity-sneak-u-s/

The situation for refugees in the country - which is hosting more than a million and a half Syrians that make up a quarter of its total population - has become increasingly dire over the course of the six-year conflict.

Some say they converted to benefit from the generous aid distributed by Christian charities, others to help their asylum applications to Europe, the United States, Canada and elsewhere

Also take note that the number of Christians going to countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE or Qatar go there mostly for visiting or tourism unlike the Muslims who are fleeing from their cursed religion to beg for a home in Christian countries.

Now on sudan and south Sudan.

1. There is still war in Darfur and the entire region in Sudan.

2. Just like every Muslim country, Sudan has the Janjanweedd(aka rapid support force) who are the armed militia supported by the Sudanese Government to carry out the genocide, alongside and independent of, the Sudanese Army. Meaning they formed some groups to carry out genocide. This is mostly familiar in other Muslim countries.
A typical situation is this: The Janja weed will enter a village on horse or camel back. They then set about causing as much mayhem and terror as possible: destroying houses and buildings, shooting the men, gang raping the women and children and shooting any who try to escape. The village is generally destroyed, families dispersed and separated, most killed. Those who manage to escape then attempt the long journey to an IDP (Internally displaced persons) camp

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janja weed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3613953.stm

3. In Darfur, more than 3 million people have been displaced and are living in IDP camps. IDP and Islam is very synonymous. Most Islam countries must have an IDP camp.

4. Darfur in Sudan facing new genocide as refugees are expelled from camps. Just the same way Muslim refugees from war torn Muslim countries like Pakistan Egypt Syria are not allowed in Saudi Arabia or Qatar, the refugees in Sudan are being expelled to go and die elsewhere.

5. In Darfur, Sudan rape is constantly used as a weapon of war.

6. Sudan like every typical Muslim country is a terrorist country
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Sudan

In the mid-1990s, Sudan served as a meeting place, safe haven, and training hub for international terrorist groups, such as al-Qa’ida. Usama bin Laden was provided safe haven in Sudan for five years

https://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2015/257520.htm

Islam is a cursed religion and a thorn to everyone including fellow Muslim countries. A religion of backwardness and deceit. QED
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by timilehin95(m): 11:42pm On Apr 11, 2017
Amberon:
You mentioned only 3. There are over 30 islamic countries. 3/30 is F9

U can add d f9 to ur result for all i care... So u expect me to go nd read abt d numbers of Islamic countries in d world... It might interest u to know dat d remaining 36 i***mic countries are piece of poo
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by muhammad72(m): 3:04am On Apr 12, 2017
My Emir ( HRH Sanusi Lamido Sanusi ), as a kano citizen, is a man who likes adressing controversial topics bothering the society we all live in now called Nigeria. I respect him for that.

But i want all of you to understand one thing; not what all he says is right just because he was a whistle-blower in the President Jonathan regime and i have my reasons for that. Religion which is a societal issue is playing a little role in the backwardness of not just the north but the whole of Nigeria. All these problems are economical believe me.

First of all, if you look at the population of the north, and you understand the indexes of the unemployed which are basically the poor people, considering the population, you will come to know that almost same amount of people are employed across the whole states of Nigeria apart from Lagos and Abuja. So if its 25% of the people in kano are employed, the number of people will cover up the 85% working class in Akwa ibom.

Secondly, fundamentalist islam of the 13th century that he said the north is practicing has nothing to do with the backwardness of the place. Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar (the richest country on the planet), etc all practice Shariah law and they are not as backward as the whole Africa is.

Thirdly, population has nothing to do with it. Population is even a blessing to any country thats willing to work and progress as a nation. At kadinvest, his alkyabba(tradtitional attire) was falling off his body and he said and i quote "its actually made in china" and everyone laughed. If China are not as populous as they are the traditional attire on him wont come at the affordable price he purchased it for.

The problem of the north and Nigeria as a whole is not societal, it is economical. And you dont need to be educated to be part of the working class. In any company, you have the higher staffs (managers, directors, etc) and the lower ones ( the labourers), which are mostly uneducated.

IF there are enough jobs, 80% of the beggars on the streets wont be begging.
IF there are enough jobs, and enough manufacturing companies, we wont have to go to China to buy the clothes to sell to the emir.
IF there are all of these things, we wont have Boko Haram and other people bombing our pipelines.

If you go to a place like America, the private sector contributes almost 70% to the economy of the country. What we need in Nigeria as a whole is not the government to build schools for us, give us jobs, give us the best infrastructure. They cant do that all alone. We need peope to invest and there are rich Nigerian such as the Emir of kano himself who can invest and create jobs for people. If you steal Nigeria's money, enjoy the luxury and do whatever you want but please and please invest the money in your own province. Dont take it to switzerland or America to hide and later you go to them and seek help and then they will take your own money and help you with it and then you steal the money again and take it back to them and the cycle continues. PLEASE INVEST the money here.

God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria
God bless us all

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by slivertongue: 7:17am On Apr 12, 2017
muhammad72:
My Emir ( HRH Sanusi Lamido Sanusi ), as a kano citizen, is a man who likes adressing controversial topics bothering the society we all live in now called Nigeria. I respect him for that.

But i want all of you to understand one thing; not what all he says is right just because he was a whistle-blower in the President Jonathan regime and i have my reasons for that. Religion which is a societal issue is playing a little role in the backwardness of not just the north but the whole of Nigeria. All these problems are economical believe me.

First of all, if you look at the population of the north, and you understand the indexes of the unemployed which are basically the poor people, considering the population, you will come to know that almost same amount of people are employed across the whole states of Nigeria apart from Lagos and Abuja. So if its 25% of the people in kano are employed, the number of people will cover up the 85% working class in Akwa ibom.

Secondly, fundamentalist islam of the 13th century that he said the north is practicing has nothing to do with the backwardness of the place. Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar (the richest country on the planet), etc all practice Shariah law and they are not as backward as the whole Africa is.

Thirdly, population has nothing to do with it. Population is even a blessing to any country thats willing to work and progress as a nation. At kadinvest, his alkyabba(tradtitional attire) was falling off his body and he said and i quote "its actually made in china" and everyone laughed. If China are not as populous as they are the traditional attire on him wont come at the affordable price he purchased it for.

The problem of the north and Nigeria as a whole is not societal, it is economical. And you dont need to be educated to be part of the working class. In any company, you have the higher staffs (managers, directors, etc) and the lower ones ( the labourers), which are mostly uneducated.

IF there are enough jobs, 80% of the beggars on the streets wont be begging.
IF there are enough jobs, and enough manufacturing companies, we wont have to go to China to buy the clothes to sell to the emir.
IF there are all of these things, we wont have Boko Haram and other people bombing our pipelines.

If you go to a place like America, the private sector contributes almost 70% to the economy of the country. What we need in Nigeria as a whole is not the government to build schools for us, give us jobs, give us the best infrastructure. They cant do that all alone. We need peope to invest and there are rich Nigerian such as the Emir of kano himself who can invest and create jobs for people. If you steal Nigeria's money, enjoy the luxury and do whatever you want but please and please invest the money in your own province. Dont take it to switzerland or America to hide and later you go to them and seek help and then they will take your own money and help you with it and then you steal the money again and take it back to them and the cycle continues. PLEASE INVEST the money here.

God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria
God bless us all

What SLS said in summary is that the Northern elites employ primordial sentiments to come to power only to abandon the peasants that helped to get them into office.

The sharia introduced by Yerima was for political reasons and a means to mobilize the people to his side and keep his person in their consciousness. In the core north government and individuals invests in the building of mosque and pilgrimage instead of investing in mechanised agriculture the comparative advantage of the North.

religion does not account for the developmental challenges in the south you said the problem is economic but you forget that one needs some level of knowledge to compete favourably in any sphere of life and the North lacks this cutting edge.

the Arab countries you mentioned are more broad minded than the North that has jettisoned western education while in these countries education is near compulsory. Saudi Arabia's development started in 1974 when the house of Saud invited Americans to help build modern infrastructure for them in return for oil. MAIN, Haliburton, Stone and Webster etc kick started Saudi's modernization but the North does the opposite. Those from outside the North who invest in the North lose their investments due to periodic religious crisis.

The elites are more interested in grabbing power than delivering the dividens of power, they have so entrenched the North-South contestation in the subconsciousness of the Northern masses thus the blind support they give to the rentier elites

Yobe, Ekiti and Enugu should have almost the same size of budget yet Ekiti and Enugu makes more investment in education and healthcare than Yobe and even Kano.

The North has population but it is a disadvantage instead of advantage because the mass of their work force are uneducated, unskilled labourers who dont have second, third or fourth rated value. they cant change jobs easily.

if in a population of ten million, 25% are educated and gainfully employed and earn 2.5million and decides to share their earnings ie each one help one you will agree with me that half the population will be left out and will live under the poverty line. but if 50% helps 50% then poverty will be limited if not eradicated and if 75% helps 25% then there will be surplus that can be saved. The North is in the first category in which two-third of the population are under the poverty line and expects help from quarter of the population. Population counts when it has a functional impact on the economy.

Ok imagine a University is employing 10 per state Imo, Ekiti,Edo gets 2 Professors, 1 Associate Professor, 2 Senior Lecturers 3level 8 and 2 level 7staff, Ondo, Delta, Abia 1, 2,1 3,3, Anambra, Ogun and Akwa Ibom gets 1,1,1,3,4 while Benue, Plateau, Kogi 1,01,3,5, Kaduna, Gombe and Adamawa 1,0,0,2,2, 6 Level3 staff (Messengers and cleaners) Yobe, Zamfara, Jigawa 0,0,1,2,1, 6 level3 staff (Messengers and cleaners). the states with highly placed personnel will recieve better wages which will have higher multiplier effects on their household and their individuals communities While lowly placed personnel have limited if any impact at their communities.
LACK OF FUNCTIONAL EDUCATION and POOR LEADERSHIP IS THE BANE OF NORTHERN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Mcreloaded(m): 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Its just a wake up call not to spite the north as u may think
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Amberon: 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Thrash! Quote me with something meaningful next time. [s]
timilehin95:

U can add d f9 to ur result for all i care... So u expect me to go nd read abt d numbers of Islamic countries in d world... It might interest u to know dat d remaining 36 i***mic countries are piece of poo
[/s]
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Mcreloaded(m): 7:05am On Apr 13, 2017
]https://www.nairaland.com/3738483/most-technicians-kano-south-while#55514196

The vociferous progressive muslim, Emir Of Kano and Former CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi has yet again sought to speak meaning and reason into his conservative and seemingly intellectually disadvantaged northern brothers and sisters, charging them to learn from the commercially minded and productive Igbo people as well as other progressive southern tribes that have set the pace of development in the country and apparently left them (the north) behind.

He wrote on his Instagram page:

"I choose to fight for the progress of Nigerians and suggest solutions to their problems. It's my duty to speak the truth about the ill-effects of conservative Muslims who are harming Islam rather than helping it. I condemned their refusal to expand their knowledge outside their own religion and failure to realise that knowledge is power.

I also correctly concluded denying the right to pursue scientific and technological knowledge and restricting people to Islamic knowledge is the best means of ensuring that Muslims in Northern Nigeria will be remain economically backward. I'm upset at the legion of beggars on the streets and is trying to bridge the gap between the backward North and the Southern parts of the nation.

I still believe that conservative Muslims are still stuck in the 13th Century and their claim that children need no other knowledge than Islamic studies flies in the face of reality. All the poverty, under-development and immense suffering in the North are a result of uneducated masses refusing to learn work or a trade.

The majority of technicians in Kano are from the South while untrained indigenes beg. How does that make sense? Why is it that conservative Muslims who claim to be against scientific progress enter aeroplanes and fly to perform the Hajj in Mecca rather than using camels to cross the desert! Why do they watch sermons beamed by TV live from Mecca and read the Holy Quaran on their laptops yet profess to abhor modern technology? I'd like to point out that there is no harm in copying from the West if it brings succour to the masses of poverty stricken Muslims in Northern Nigeria.

After all Saudi Arabia, the "home" of Islam is known for its highly-rated airline, modern hospitals, indigenous oil industry and space program all of which make it a world leader. In our backward nation, we insist on denying the truth. Unless Northern political leaders like Governor Yari pay attention to me, there will never be a day when anywhere in the North will be like the modern Muslim cities of Kuala Lumpar, Istanbul, Jakarta, Lahore, Greater Cairo, Dacca, Karachi, Dubai, Riyadh or Faisalabad"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSvvLdXBl-s/?taken-by=sanusilamidosanusi

http://igbobia.com/?q=again-lamido-sanusi-tells-the-north-how-much-backward-they-are-suggests-they-learn-from-ndi-igbo
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by ariesbull: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2017
farouk0403:
Sanusi you are always on point, but i disagree with you on this Sharia is never the problem of North backwardnes, but illiteracy is the main issue here.

Saudi Arabiya, kuwait, Dubai, oman all practiced sharia, and they are islamic countries, but they ain't poor and backward.

Although sharia law is very scary,

We should first tackle our illiteracy rate in the North,

I stay in Dubai and they don't practise it

The first time I flew Emirates ...I was drunk because of the Brandy they keep serving yet they are Muslim
Same think in instanbul

Most developed Muslim don't practise Sharia even in Saudi...They are watering down the law

These top Muslim send their kids to havard, Oxford and other western school they come back and they will come with the western influence....So
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by timilehin95(m): 8:53am On Apr 13, 2017
Amberon:
Thrash! Quote me with something meaningful next time.
Dumb ass... U are short of words... Get a fulani man's dick nd suck
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by Amberon: 8:59am On Apr 13, 2017
Thrash! Ain't you a slave to the Fulani's timilehin?[s]
timilehin95:

Dumb ass... U are short of words... Get a fulani man's dick nd suck
[/s]
Re: Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate by farouk0403(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
ariesbull:

I stay in Dubai and they don't practise it

The first time I flew Emirates ...I was drunk because of the Brandy they keep serving yet they are Muslim
Same think in instanbul

Most developed Muslim don't practise Sharia even in Saudi...They are watering down the law

These top Muslim send their kids to havard, Oxford and other western school they come back and they will come with the western influence....So

I have once watched a video, where by a young lady was beheaded in front of the government officials, police infact even lawyers were there, the poor woman was shouting that they should spare her,she didn't commit the murder that they were thinking, she keep on pleading but all in vain.

Guess what, it happened in Saudi Arabiyya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Attend Burial Of Hamzat’s Father (photos) / 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 / Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.