Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon (58973 Views)

Lagos Demolition Of Otodo Gbame Illegal, Court Rules / Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by mapet: 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
wristbangle:

I don't think you get me correctly. I said the government can provide an alternative by providing low cost accommodation which they can afford at d main time.

They cannot afford anything government can provide and it will not solve the problem. Anywhere else govt puts them, another govt or family with legitimate claims will come and remove them.

This points only to one direction for them. Return to your roots
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Malawian(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
The last remnants of the indigenous land owners in what was once a forest region of lagos has finally been dispossessed of their last heritage and driven into the sea by the invading yorubas from the hinterland. Tribe, Culture and a people and now about to be extint before our very eyes

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by mapet: 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

Let them Drown in their ignorance.

See how you just advertised yourself as fake.......
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by EppPliss: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
Very sad
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

In law, squatters are given privileges for the sake of Peace.

You do not wake up and uproot people from their homes.

This is wicked!

The Lagos state govt is already in breach of a court ruling regarding this same settlement which they ignored and refused to appear in court only for the same useless LASG to employ touts to burn down people's homes and chase them away.

This isn't a responsible govt but a very callous and wicked one.

Must be your own specially formulated law.

No law condones lawlessness and illegal occupation of government land.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
mapet:

See how you just advertised yourself as fake.......

Even if God comes down to warn you of your folly you won't take note.

This is Nigeria the land of the zombies.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by mapet: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

And how did you arrive at the conclusion that they are foreigners?

Are you even a bona-fide lagosian?

When election time comes you will remember to go and campaign in their slums.

You are a heartless wicked person

Let me assume that as usual you will not bother to provide "scientific evidence" of the ancestry of Otodo-Gbame in Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by 2bam: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
is this Nigeria,people are really suffering imagine family living inside canoe after the demolition.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by OBAGADAFFI: 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
mapet:

bla!bla!bla!!!

They can never try this is Shomolu? See reasoning!!!!! When they did it at Oshodi, did hell come down? When they did it at Ijora Badia, did the end of the world come?

Meanwhile, I am not Lagosian, despite the fact that I've lived all my life & own properties in Lagos.

LOL, you're not a Lagosian, and you're claiming some people don't belong to Lagos.

Ironic embarassed

I know Oshodi very well.
Oshodi demolishing is within the market place and not residential.

If the government is sincere has they claimed why did they ignore the Court order on this case.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
deomello:

Hope you know that all coastal lands and waterways belong to the federal govt?

Hope you realize that the LASG had to seek permission from the federal inland and waterways before constructing their bridge?

As for squatters, the law is very clear. You just don't uproot people from their homes whether they are legally or illegally occupying it.

Even in your Lagos vast majority of landlords do not posses a C of O or R of O. All they have is receipts from family owned lands to occupy the said property.

Nothing stops the LASG from quitting 70% of Lagos property owners as in the eyes of the law they are squatters.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by qleap2all(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

It is the duty of any responsible govt to at least provide the basic amenities of life
Shelter ranks as the upmost importance

Even if they are not 'lagosians' .. They are Nigerians
Bros... Don't even try to justice this
It's unjustifiable
Government provide shelter!! In which country of the world?
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Jointhemiltons2(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

In law, squatters are given privileges for the sake of Peace.

You do not wake up and uproot people from their homes.

This is wicked!

The Lagos state govt is already in breach of a court ruling regarding this same settlement which they ignored and refused to appear in court only for the same useless LASG to employ touts to burn down people's homes and chase them away.

This isn't a responsible govt but a very callous and wicked one.
Oh well I guess the praising and hailings has finally gotten to his head. Wen they keep chanting Ambode the best gov in Nigeria,now niggas are gonna learn.

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
mapet:

Let me assume that as usual you will not bother to provide "scientific evidence" of the ancestry of Otodo-Gbame in Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin

Stop claiming Lagos you hinterland dwelling Tajudeen from Osun

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by mapet: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

LOL, you're not a Lagosian, and you're claiming some people don't belong to Lagos.

Ironic embarassed

I know Oshodi very well.
Oshodi demolishing is within the market place and not residential.

If the government is sincere has they claimed why did they ignore the Court order on this case.

1. is it any brainier that having lived all my life in Lagos, gives me the exposure to know who the true Lagosians are? Like I told the other one, show me any documented evidence that Otodo-Gbame has a Lagosian ancestry
2. Was Ijora Badia saga also a market?
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by jollymizzle(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
I'm in support of this not because I hate the people but I think they have the right to better lives even if they don't know it. Most people here think a slum is a place to live, it's not. It's dehumanizing, and no apologies the people living there are just a step above animals . Government, aid organizations and well meaning Nigerians should come to the aid of these people and give them a better life. Instead of condemning the government for an act well overdue we should be making active contribututions towards resetteling these people

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ucheosefoh:
Too bad but what an irony, instead of Igbos being chase to the lagoon as oba lilwyne of Lagos bragged during 2015 election na the Yoruba people now suffers the fate. shocked grin grin grin cheesy
Don't laugh at people's misfortune. That is very wrong. And i'm sure that you are on your own.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
deomello:

I will let you know that 70% of Lagos landlords do not posses any tenable legal document to the land they occupy.

That is why banks reject properties as loan collateral because they don't posses C of O or even basic R of O.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by EppPliss: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
Bobby4090:
Those folks there constitute a nuisance. How can u have a mega slum in Lekki phase One. It's like building a heavy slum in the middle of Maitama. They have been given places to migrate to but they refused. City planning and land demarcation must be properly applied to if any city is to be great and liveable. It's not by force to be in Lag. Am from Imo state and the day Lagos doesn't favour me I head straight home rather than being a refugee in a foreign land.

Hav u provided an alternative accommondation for them and they refuse to relocate? You are just speaking trash from ur priviledge position because it does not affect u. Guy try hav a touch of human sympathy in u na haba.. it wouldn't cost u anything.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
jollymizzle:
I'm in support of this not because I hate the people but I think they have the right to better lives even if they don't know it. Most people here think a slum is a place to live, it's not. It's dehumanizing, and no apologies the people living there are just a step above animals . Government, aid organizations and well meaning Nigerians should come to the aid of these people and give them a better life. Instead of condemning the government for an act well overdue we should be making active contribututions towards resetteling these people

it is for their own good to be homeless?

I bow for you wicked yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by hemenie(m): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
And then you wonder why there are many criminals and mentally ill people on the streets.
Shame on LASG!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
EppPliss:

Hav u provided an alternative accommondation for them and they refuse to relocate? You are just speaking trash from ur priviledge position because it does not affect u. Guy try hav a touch of human sympathy in u na haba.. it wouldn't cost u anything.

Lekki will be considered a slum in Europe or US

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

Hope you know that all coastal lands and waterways belong to the federal govt?

Hope you realize that the LASG had to seek permission from the federal inland and waterways before constructing their bridge?

As for squatters, the law is very clear. You just don't uproot people from their homes whether they are legally or illegally occupying it.

Even in your Lagos vast majority of landlords do not posses a C of O or R of O. All they have is receipts from family owned lands to occupy the said property.

Nothing stops the LASG from quitting 70% of Lagos property owners as in the eyes of the law they are squatters.

In your dreams.

Please show us the permission given to the LASG by the FG before taking over this particular land.

You people just make up rubbish all over the place..
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by jollymizzle(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

it is for their own good to be homeless?

I bow for you wicked yorubas
If you knew the effects of having slums you wouldn't have posted that. Where do you think crime originates from. Does the living conditions you have seen make you think there can any future apart from crime for those children?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Thatitan234(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

VI, Lekki and Ajah are below sea level

The sand filling of Lekki marshland (which used to act as a natural shoal buffer between the Atlantic, Lagoon and adjacent mainland) led to serious coastal erosion at the VI bar beach.

Subsequent sand filling of the VI bar beach to its original extent has led to ocean currents flowing parallel and towards the Lekki marshy areas thus leading to the severe coastal erosion in Lekki environs.

With projected sea level rise owing to accelerated ice cap melts in the arctic, the coastal erosion and ocean encroachment will be unprecedented.

The Eko project is doomed and VI and Lekki will be under the atlantic. Even the Lagos lagoon is threatened with the destruction of the natural shoals in Lekki as a result of urban development, the Atlantic will extend towards Ebutta-Meta, Yaba and Apapa. Oworonshoki will also be wiped out.

I am an Oceanographer

I agree that anthropogenic activities and development along this areas are removing the natural barriers and shoals; and constructions leading to increased subsidence, incessant ocean surges and flooding.

Truly, Lagos and other coastal cities are being threatened, and what you mentioned will happen, but it won't happen in Lagos or any other city on the Atlantic ocean by 2040. If things continue at this rate, the soonest is 2100.

Indeed there are a lot to do about increasing our resilience and risk mitigation by constructing artificial breakwaters, and educating our people etc.

Sorry I couldn't say more, I am on the move

I am an Environmentalist, though land and natural resources conservation, not ocean.

P.S. Eko Atlantic has an ocean protection of about 10m high. the sea level will never rise this much in 1000years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

I will let you know that 70% of Lagos landlords do not posses any tenable legal document to the land they occupy.

That is why banks reject properties as loan collateral because they don't posses C of O or even basic R of O.

Stop spewing rubbish that you can not back up with facts.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
blues20:

Don't laugh at people's misfortune. That is very wrong. And i'm sure that you are on your own.
Life has a way of paying back evil to those that support evil. I hope you remember the huge support Yoruba people gave to the oba lilwyne when he made that comment because Ambode. Yoruba people even protested against Igbo because of that statement.
It is karma not my fault.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by EppPliss: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
ahahnow:
Lol look at this woman contemplating whether to throw the baby away or not grin grin grin

Shud dat be a laughing mata.. smh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by mapet: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

Stop claiming Lagos you hinterland dwelling Tajudeen from Osun

Are you blind and deaf? when did I ever claim to be a Lagosian? It is someone who is ashamed of his heritage, or one who is covetous that claims another's. I am from Osun State...... Osogbo to be precise. I need no basis to claim to be a Lagosian when I am proud of my heritage. Can the same be said of you?
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
deomello:

Apart from GRAs, VI, Festac, APAPA, Yaba satellite town, parts of Surulere which were developed by the FG virtually every other parts of Lagos do not have tenable documents.

If you doubt it ask your father's landlord in Abule Egba for his C of O
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
mapet:

Are you blind and deaf? when did I ever claim to be a Lagosian? It is someone who is ashamed of his heritage, or one who is covetous that claims another's. I am from Osun State...... Osogbo to be precise. I need no basis to claim to be a Lagosian when I am proud of my heritage. Can the same be said of you?

And who or what gave you the authority to declare who is or not a lagosian?

Go back to your fetish hell hole and stop claiming Lagos
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by mapet: 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
deomello:

BlowBack: :

He has "scientific paper" on it, he just doesn't know how to show it grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

Apart from GRAs, VI, Festac, APAPA, Yaba satellite town, parts of Surulere which were developed by the FG virtually every other parts of Lagos do not have tenable documents.

If you doubt it ask your father's landlord in Abule Egba for his C of O

BlowBack:

I'm not interested in your father C AND C hearsay talk. I asked you to back up your 70% claim with facts.

You people need to stop spewing fallacies and ignorant crap just to make a point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau: US Offers $7m Bounty For The Capture Of Boko Haram Leader / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) / Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Tinubu At Yobe Presidential Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.