Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? (32728 Views)

This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by cecegirl: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2009
Happy holiday NLs'!!

Just wanna know y'all opinions! There is a lot of pressure mostly especially Nigeria women to get married before they turn 25. Is is too late to get married in your late twenties, early thirties?
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
25 is the purrrrrrfect age to marry.

Before that and above age 21 is even better.

Well it really well depend on how ready you both are.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
No No No its not too late what is this? a race to a finish line I didnt hear about because I have been living under a rock? My aunty got married recently and she was in her 30s, the age her colleagues who got married early were getting their divorces. Its not a race with a price, this is a life-long journey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

No No No its not too late what is this? a race to a finish line I didnt hear about because I have been living under a rock? My aunty got married recently and she was in her 30s, the age her colleagues who got married early were getting their divorces. I[b]ts not a race with a price, this is a life-long journey.[/b]
There are some truth in what you said. But you cant possibly assume that everybody that got married early got married because they were worried about their age.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by mamagee3(f): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
Men should be married at 28-30 while
Women should be married between 18-27
. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by skfa1: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
25 pls
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2009
FL Gators:

There are some truth in what you said. But you cant possibly assume that everybody that got married early got married because they were worried about their age.
Never said that im just saying society shouldnt pressure women.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Never said that im just saying society shouldnt pressure women.
I said "you cant assume". I read the implication in your first post.
Anywyz, you're right, society should stop pressuring women.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
FL Gators:

I said "you cant assume". I read the implication in your first post.
Anywyz, you're right, society should stop pressuring women.
It might have given that implication but thats not what I meant. smiley
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by KennyG6(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2009
Its not how early but getting it right that counts, african folks should stop pressurizing people into getting married just to satisfy their "obsession for grand-children!!! angry angry angry
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by sjeezy8: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
27 -29 is fine for a guy

25-26 for a babe

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Hairat007(f): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2009
Na wa oh! cool cool cool
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by LordReed(m): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
Nope its not.

Kenny_G:

Its not how early but getting it right that counts, african folks should stop pressurizing people into getting married just to satisfy their "obsession for grand-children!!! angry angry angry

Tell dat to the biological clock.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by chocomillo(f): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
I would say 25-28 is a good age to get married,depending on when you want to start having kids.I have never wanted to be an older parent as my parents had me late.Being married doesn't stop you from achieving your goals smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by cecegirl: 1:09am On Dec 30, 2009
Thanks everyone for your advice. Just that i have been getting a lot of presure lately and from family and my married friends are not making it easy for me. They keep bragging about getting married like they won a trophy.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by redsky1: 1:15am On Dec 30, 2009
cecegirl:

Thanks everyone for your advice. Just that i have been getting a lot of presure lately and from family and my married friends are not making it easy for me. They keep bragging about getting married like they won a trophy.

thats naija for you. the best time depends on the indivdual and there are alot of things to consider and be real about. are u the type that can fully depend on a man for even the basics like ur pant and bra - if u are then younger is best cos if u have no plans to build a career or become financially secure b4 u start bring children into the world then do what u want to if u are independent minded i would say wait a while and do something for yourself.

i'm not saying all women who marry young don't have financial security but a human being will not bite the hand that feeds them. anyway there is no perfect age - although i wish i had got married younger. as a woman i think its best to start a family early cos boy does the body tire out the older we get.

anyway thats my 2 cents
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by ravenzord(m): 1:58am On Dec 30, 2009
The best age to get married is when you're emotionally mature enough to handle the ups and downs of marriage,and you've found the person you feel you can spend the rest of your life with. Only fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

3 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by elecktra(f): 2:41am On Dec 30, 2009
ravenzord:

The best age to get married is when you're emotionally mature enough to handle the ups and downs of marriage,and you've found the person you feel you can spend the rest of your life with. Only fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

am with you on this one, so so true you can be 35 and still not be able to handle the ups nd downs dat comes with marriage i think its a thing of the mind more than the numbers sha
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Agnesqueen(f): 4:29am On Dec 30, 2009
Umm, You can get married at 60 if you want. Just dont feel forced because the divorce rate now is getting too high. I hope i helped.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by gentleemmy(m): 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
Its not too late 'cos the earlier the better (in my opinion) Between 25 & 33 for ladies especially isnt bad
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by CrudeOil2(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
35 for me.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by chelseabmw(m): 12:56pm On Dec 30, 2009
24 for ladies
30 for guys
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by coolier(f): 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
Rather too late!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
30 for ladies
50 for guys
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
A friend got married at 19, big wedding and everything but she is now divorced at the ripe young age of 28. Its not a race to the finish line.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by damola1: 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
whats ur own, I said, I don't feel like getting married yet!!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by adiona(f): 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2009
hi nl's, marriage is nt smfin u can rush in, cos if u rush in u'r probably gonna rush out, take ur time, establish a gr8 freinship betwin ur patner nd urself, apply caution guys, bless u all, one love,
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2009
Early marriage is so cool.

I'm still quite young and my first baby is 11 already.
Guess i got lucky.

Some girls get married in the late thirties.
Late marriage takes it's toll on female fertility.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by r231(m): 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2009
I honestly don't think that people should care how old they are but rather how mature they are. Couples are getting married at older ages than people used to because they've opted to study, find a career, and find out who they are before throwing themselves into marriage. I think that is the best direction for any woman to take. Even if you plan to be a stay at home mom (which is admirable) take the time to find out who you truly are first.

There's no set age on the best time to get married. I think it just depends on how both people feel. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by oluite(f): 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
25-28 is ok or before 31.For ladies.These days women tend to menopause pretty early.I recently heard a startling news of a 35 year old lady already in menopause.There are more important things to face in marriage than age,while it's gd for woman to marry early so they can plan their family early. Maturity is d key. Nobody wants baby husbands or baby wives.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by spikedcylinder: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

No No No its not too late what is this? a race to a finish line I didnt hear about because I have been living under a rock? My aunty got married recently and she was in her 30s, the age her colleagues who got married early were getting their divorces. Its not a race with a price, this is a life-long journey.

+ 1.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GL(f): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
i also think 25 is the ideal age. late twenties is not bad but thirties is getting late oh! at thirty you are so close to menopause. if the woman is waiting because she wants to give time to her career i'd say no need to wait till 30. but if she hasn't found a good guy then i guess there's really no right age. in that case it's never too late, and if it turns out she's passed the child-bearing stage she can always adopt. might as well have a happy marriage with adopted kids, than a patch-patch marriage with many biological kids.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri / Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. / My Husband Subjects Me To Marathon Sex For Ritual, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.