Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam (31177 Views)

Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. / Covenant University's School Fees For 100 Level Students; 2016/2017 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2017
Hi, guys i really can't explain were the problem came from, i read my ass out, i even did midnight reading buh in the exam hall i always forgot what i read, am doing 11 courses and am not even sure of passing more than 2 courses, the first day i stepped my leg into the school gate, i didn't like the school, a new federal university in one village like that, the school have a low tolerance of exam malpractise, u can't even sort any lecturer, i heard the school doesn't tolerate low cgpa and am afraid of being expelled because of low cgpa, i did very poorly in the exam, the school spaced everybody doing the exam period, i planned to find out from a jujuman what is wrong with me, i need help, my parents spent a lot of money on me i can't afford to let them down

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by HelenBee(f): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2017
Go to the counselling department if you have any.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 10, 2017
Change your mindset, you will still graduate with good grades if you put in more effort, you are just in 100L.
I wish you luck!

I did 11courses till my 300L, and my grades were good, it's not a new thing. Just be serious and preserve.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by ikp120(m): 9:45am On Apr 10, 2017
Relax. My guts are telling me that you don't have anything to worry about. cool cool

7 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2017
ikp120:
Relax. My guts are telling me that you don't have anything to worry about. cool cool
i pray so embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by umarshehu58(m): 10:16am On Apr 10, 2017
hahahahaha Just sit and relax, the jujuman go do the work for you. grin
As for me i can't read for more than 4hrs a day and i am now a graduate. May be you should stop over reading.

24 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by luminouz(m): 10:21am On Apr 10, 2017
lilzcee:
Hi, guys i really can't explain were the problem came from, i read my ass out, i even did midnight reading buh in the exam hall i always forgot what i read, am doing 11 courses and am not even sure of passing more than 2 courses, the first day i stepped my leg into the school gate, i didn't like the school, a new federal university in one village like that, the school have a low tolerance of exam malpractise, u can't even sort any lecturer, i heard the school doesn't tolerate low cgpa and am afraid of being expelled because of low cgpa, i did very poorly in the exam, the school spaced everybody doing the exam period, i planned to find out from a jujuman what is wrong with me, i need help, my parents spent a lot of money on me i can't afford to let them down
Is it federal university oye ekiti....FUOYE

5 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by luminouz(m): 10:21am On Apr 10, 2017
ikp120:
All hail d PROPHET!!!!! grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by ikp120(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2017
luminouz:
All hail d PROPHET!!!!! grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by luminouz(m): 10:23am On Apr 10, 2017
ToriBlue:
Change your mindset, you will still graduate with good grades if you put in more effort, you are just in 100L.
I wish you luck!

I did 11courses till my 300L, and my grades were good, it's not a new thing. Just be serious and preserve.

U eh??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by luminouz(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2017
HelenBee:
Go to the counselling department if you have any.
So ur from Ondo.....interesting!!!!!!! Guess wia I am now? grin

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 10, 2017
luminouz:

Is it federal university oye ekiti....FUOYE
no i can't disclose the name of the university
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Conner44: 11:45am On Apr 10, 2017
lilzcee:
no i can't disclose the name of the university

did you fail GST101 too?

I bet you did

3 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by othman11(m): 11:47am On Apr 10, 2017
lilzcee:

Cc.lalasticlala
Same problem with me, even though am still in secondary i usually forget 60% of what i have read when I'am in the exam hall..My brain seems to auto reset itself till after the exam especially during Maths, Physics and Biology ....By the way, which course are you studying.

6 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
othman11:
Same problem with me, even though am still in secondary i usually forget 60% of what i have read when I'am in the exam hall..My brain seems to auto reset itself till after the exam especially during Maths, Physics and Biology ....By the way, which course are you studying.
pol sci
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
Conner44:

did you fail GST101 too?

I bet you did
lols motherfucker

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by JhimmySpark(m): 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
You are complaining about the lectures not accepting money, the students being spaced during exams, what were you expecting before? an environment where u can pay to get grades or cheat conveniently in the exams? As someone rightly said up their, you need to CHANGE YOUR MINDSET. You claim to be a voracious reader, even read late into the night. Sometimes it's not in the amount of books u read or the long hours spent reading. It's you understanding and assimilating that which you've read. Try to identify your weaknesses and work on them. Some people assimilate more when they read at night while for some itz early in the morning or evening . Some are slow learners, before understanding a single passage they have to go over it like 3 times, while some people can just read same passage once and get the message. And about you forgetting things you've read easily, there are some guide about how u can retain that which you've read, an example is forming and Acronym. E.g MR NIGER D as an acronym for characteristics of living things. Goggle is your friend for more guides. Every day after lectures make sure u go over the days work don't wait till exam time before u start reading. It's just first semester, u have second semester to redeem yourself. Identify your weaknesses and work on them. GOOD LUCK

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by bastien: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
Dude, from your post
1. U no like school
2. U no like exam
3. U no like the fact say them separate una
4. U no like the fact say u no fit bribe like u bribe to get admission
5. U no believe your brain capabilities
6. U no wan fail, yet u dey fail they go.

What if u come dey National Open University of Nigeria nko? U for don get PASS till u graduate

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by fergusen: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
You probably don't do assignments.
You probably miss classes and lectures.
You probably don't take down notes.
You probably don't read your notes.
You probably move with the wrong group of friends.
You probably don't read other materials aside your notes.
You probably don't have a set study time and plan.
You probably don't use past questions in preparing for tests and examinations.
You probably don't know your lecturers and their style.
You probably chose the wrong electives.
You probably don't have any reading strategy.
You probably don't push yourself enough to succeed.

see more here

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by othman11(m): 1:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
lilzcee:
pol sci
And you're still performing badly, Political science is one of the easiest course to study in the university. Bro you should really brace up, Read ahead of time ( don't wait till a week to exam or during the exam night ) , avoid bad company and And most importantly PRAY

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by MusicPromota(f): 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
chill out jare.... maybe that your reading method doesn't work for you... try something different.... like maybe reading everyday till exam knocks... so you know what you're missing on time and what you need to work on

2 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by peacesamuel94(m): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2017
Please I want to use this opportunity to ask if it is possible to register for your 100level courses in second semester.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
othman11:
And you're still performing badly, Political science is one of the easiest course to study in the university. Bro you should really brace up, Read ahead of time ( don't wait till a week to exam or during the exam night ) , avoid bad company and And most importantly PRAY
easier kwa? No course in university is easy, abeg u are still in secondary school

8 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
bastien:
Dude, from your post
1. U no like school
2. U no like exam
3. U no like the fact say them separate una
4. U no like the fact say u no fit bribe like u bribe to get admission
5. U no believe your brain capabilities
6. U no wan fail, yet u dey fail they go.

What if u come dey National Open University of Nigeria nko? U for don get PASS till u graduate
difficult asin u can't bribe anybody in that school, talkless of bribing to get admission? even people wey score 270 were not given admission, yeye guy
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by othman11(m): 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
lilzcee:
easier kwa? No course in university is easy, abeg u are still in secondary school
I know alot about university even though am still in secondary school, My brother graduated 3 years ago from FUTY With 2.1 ( A very dull guy) and he studied political science....So we normally gist about University Life and he told me pol sci is one of the easiest cost u can read .

6 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
othman11:
I know alot about university even though am still in secondary school, My brother graduated 3 years ago from FUTMINNA With 2.1 ( A very dull guy) and he studied political science....So we normally gist about University Life and he told me pol sci is one of the easiest cost u can read .
and he graduated with 2.1, iffa i hear

3 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
Reorganize. Restrategize, re attack...

5 Likes

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by sexy74(m): 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
lilzcee:

Cc.lalasticlala
Thank God it's only the first semester, so it means you can do better.
what I would suggest is that you change your approach to exams.
Reading too much does not guarantee you success but been able to write well and comport yourself during the period of the exam that matters most.
Get last questions and see the trends and ways the question s are set, it will help you out and build yourself confidence during the exams it will also help.
email me let's talk.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
sexy74:

Thank God it's only the first semester, so it means you can do better.
what I would suggest is that you change your approach to exams.
Reading too much does not guarantee you success but been able to write well and comport yourself during the period of the exam that matters most.
Get last questions and see the trends and ways the question s are set, it will help you out and build yourself confidence during the exams it will also help.
email me let's talk.
the school changed the question, i used the past question to do revision buh they changed the question
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Miraxzeebility(m): 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
y

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2016/2017 Admission Processes / JAMB Announces Deadline For 2016/2017 Admission Exercise For All Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.