Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam (31181 Views)

Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. / Covenant University's School Fees For 100 Level Students; 2016/2017 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 4:45am On Apr 11, 2017
othman11:
I know alot about university even though am still in secondary school, My brother graduated 3 years ago from FUTMINNA With 2.1 ( A very dull guy) and he studied political science....So we normally gist about University Life and he told me pol sci is one of the easiest cost u can read .
Chai... he studied political science in a technology school. indeed you are still in secondary school. wat year did futmx started offering Art courses?
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
Hi, guys i really can't explain were the problem came from, i read my ass out, i even did midnight reading buh in the exam hall i always forgot what i read, am doing 11 courses and am not even sure of passing more than 2 courses, the first day i stepped my leg into the school gate, i didn't like the school, a new federal university in one village like that, the school have a low tolerance of exam malpractise, u can't even sort any lecturer, i heard the school doesn't tolerate low cgpa and am afraid of being expelled because of low cgpa, i did very poorly in the exam, the school spaced everybody doing the exam period, i planned to find out from a jujuman what is wrong with me, i need help, my parents spent a lot of money on me i can't afford to let them down
kpele me too in my first semester I banged everything but then I worked harder and still scored a 2.1 at the end...pray hard, self-service less grin and get some down time.

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Misio(m): 5:07am On Apr 11, 2017
My dear your problem is not the first and will not be the last.... I like your courage, my advice to you is 1. find out the kind of brain you have first, 2. Find out the best time for you to read and understand, don't read because others are reading 3. Always set goals for yourself 4. Always test yourself (i.e set questions for yourself and try answering them on your own) before exams 5. Do not depend on anyone or micro chips for help in the exam 6.try to read a note 3 times before the exam so that you won't forget in the exam Hall. Best of luck nothing spoil yet you can still make it .... (chat me up for more information 07065923867)

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by zonax(m): 5:20am On Apr 11, 2017
You still have one more semester in 100 level. That semester is redemption time bro, use it wisely.

Take your thought off seeing a juju man remember he never went to the university but you are. And would soon be a graduate.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by jericco1(m): 5:46am On Apr 11, 2017
goingape1:
shut up there!

do you have any reasonable contribution here?

na your type dey claim say them know everything but na ode them be
lol I'm going to my fourth and final year with a healthy cgpa of 3.97, you're rude.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Senorprinz(m): 5:53am On Apr 11, 2017
hardwerk:
it depends on the school oo...come bag 2-1 for my school make i see you ......same way nurses de bag 1 class and 2.1 honours ....pol sci dey pepper me die ooo

lolz, which school be that
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Jck5(m): 6:20am On Apr 11, 2017
Bro! I feel for u but it's not too late. Rediscover urself and believe in urself. Low self esteem could b responsible for this u know. Try group discussion, listen to political platforms and other political programs, read newspapers and most especially pray to God always for divine wisdom and u will c urself excelling again. All d best in ur academic pursuit.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
Hi, guys i really can't explain were the problem came from, i read my ass out, i even did midnight reading buh in the exam hall i always forgot what i read, am doing 11 courses and am not even sure of passing more than 2 courses, the first day i stepped my leg into the school gate, i didn't like the school, a new federal university in one village like that, the school have a low tolerance of exam malpractise, u can't even sort any lecturer, i heard the school doesn't tolerate low cgpa and am afraid of being expelled because of low cgpa, i did very poorly in the exam, the school spaced everybody doing the exam period, i planned to find out from a jujuman what is wrong with me, i need help, my parents spent a lot of money on me i can't afford to let them down

Always read with past questions by your side. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by abduldope(m): 6:36am On Apr 11, 2017
someone mentioned pol science been Done at FUTMINNA...
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by ibnzubair(m): 6:37am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:

Email me on zubairabdulahad@gmail.com
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by LordDenning: 6:43am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
and he graduated with 2.1, iffa i hear

your brother is most likely wrong. i have not heard of pol scieve as the cheapest coursr any where.
although it may also depend on the personality of the lecturers in that department.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Walexxy11: 6:52am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
Firstly, I must say you've got courage to come out and seek for help. You must realise that this is like your first strength and whatever happens will definitely affect the remaining years but don't panic, God still has you covered. Firstly take your mind off the exams cos there's nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do about it now. Focus on the coming semester, buckle up in your studying (and I've noticed in my small duration in academics that it's not only about reading your heart out, God's factor is also paramount). Stay relaxed and don't fret. Keep studying, join study groups and above all, always always commit yourself to God. One morething - "You can always go to the counselling unit of your institution"......In case you need further help, the forum is always open. I'm also free to talk.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by colossus91(m): 6:56am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
relax man am had same issue bro,infact i was a playboi,politician and sportsman in skool my 100 level was shereshere,bt i picked up in 200 so bro just belt up,u will do better!!
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Jerryman94(m): 6:58am On Apr 11, 2017
Come and experience the biggest *Technology business Expo* in Nigeria holding at Westown Hotels, 6 Opebi-Sheraton link road, Ikeja, Lagos on Fri, 14th April, 2017 by 11am. This event is free but *strictly by invitation*. Kindly contact Mr Jeremiah 08158789969 for access. See you there
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by dljbd1(m): 7:00am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
May I ask when you started reading for your exams?
How many weeks to the exam did you start the reading?
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by wale377(m): 7:00am On Apr 11, 2017
Baba kamoru is play FIFA 17'with ur life
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by dangwarmai(m): 7:10am On Apr 11, 2017
bastien:
Dude, from your post
1. U no like school
2. U no like exam
3. U no like the fact say them separate una
4. U no like the fact say u no fit bribe like u bribe to get admission
5. U no believe your brain capabilities
6. U no wan fail, yet u dey fail they go.

What if u come dey National Open University of Nigeria nko? U for don get PASS till u graduate
this is why I love my my school NOUN. you can't score if you don't read, and nothing else can stop you from scoring when you read very well. I had E in 100 level which I just recover from it now at 300 level.
Just study well.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by dangwarmai(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
the school changed the question, i used the past question to do revision buh they changed the question
Oboy you funny die.
You should know the difference between study and read. and then start to study.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Ipayesco(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2017
othman11:
And you're still performing badly, Political science is one of the easiest course to study in the university. Bro you should really brace up, Read ahead of time ( don't wait till a week to exam or during the exam night ) , avoid bad company and And most importantly PRAY
Pol sci. is easy if i hear u can as well say physis is so simple too. As far as i know political is not only easy but complicated
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2017
my bro let me advice you.i am a Futoite and the simplest way to do this is that you updated your note. sit at the front seat during classes and make relationship with people at the front seat, solve all assignments and those you can't solve, meet your front seat friends for solutions. at the end of the day,before exams,make sure you read that updated note from the beginning of the semester till the end, solve all class work and all assignments again and again with a higher education note. as for me I don't read past questions, I used to but a first-class student asked me to stop,any repeated questions that would appear in the exam must surely be taught in the class.

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by chuggy(m): 7:33am On Apr 11, 2017
I remember having a thirdy in my 2nd year (Engineering), back in school. I felt really bad, kept pushing and graduated with 2'1. You just have to keep moving, be motivated and don't relent. Goodluck!
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by introvertme: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2017
Saraben:
You can do better only if you believe, my first year in school was bad too, but I tried harder and guess what I was the best graduating student in my department and I did that with a first class mechanical engineering for that matter infact I was the only gal in my class... . You can do better if only you believe and try harder

What of your 200L
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by bastien: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2017
Krystalzkris:
lmmmmao... You just analyzed his problem...

Dear Op, please make friends with those bright ones in class. Having reading partners helps a lot, then study smart... Its not by cramming the whole textbook
tell him ooh

Sometimes it's not all about reading everyday or minutes

Some people don't just know when there reading mood is activated.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by asuzor11(m): 7:55am On Apr 11, 2017
umarshehu58:
hahahahaha Just sit and relax, the jujuman go do the work for you. grin
As for me i can't read for more than 4hrs a day and i am now a graduate. May be you should stop over reading.
Help me tell am o.. In no know say i get as u go read, u'r brain go just block angry
umarshehu58:
hahahahaha Just sit and relax, the jujuman go do the work for you. grin
As for me i can't read for more than 4hrs a day and i am now a graduate. May be you should stop over reading.
Help me tell am o.. In no know say i get as u go read, u'r brain go just block
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by bastien: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2017
dangwarmai:
this is why I love my my school NOUN. you can't score if you don't read, and nothing else can stop you from scoring when you read very well. I had E in 100 level which I just recover from it now at 300 level.
Just study well.
if he can fail in close uni, I wonder what will be his results in open uni

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Enyimbamercedes: 7:59am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:

You are in 100 Level and already have the wrong mentality in the first semester! Talking about sorting lecturers and spacing during exams. One semester down , 7 more to go assuming you are on a 4 year course. You still have ample opportunity to raise your CGPA but it starts now! Forget about the options of sorting and cheating during exam; these only limit you. Don't read, study! Don't wait for exam time to read, study everyday and when exam time comes, all you'll be doing is revising.

All the best
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by JackieMay(f): 8:01am On Apr 11, 2017
othman11:
And you're still performing badly, Political science is one of the easiest course to study in the university. Bro you should really brace up, Read ahead of time ( don't wait till a week to exam or during the exam night ) , avoid bad company and And most importantly PRAY
cuman do political science in Unilag first. at the end of year 2, we'll have this conversation again
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by othman11(m): 8:08am On Apr 11, 2017
Ipayesco:

Pol sci. is easy if i hear u can as well say physis is so simple too. As far as i know political is not only easy but complicated
Physics is the most easiest of all science subject....i prefer physics to chemistry and maths
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by goingape1: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2017
jericco1:

lol I'm going to my fourth and final year with a healthy cgpa of 3.97, you're rude.
don't bully someone by calling them names, instead try to advise someone!

by The way! once you finish you can apply in my firm. hit me anytime
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by dayus12(f): 8:36am On Apr 11, 2017
I had similar experience when I was in 100L. Read very well and had low cgpa.

See what I did:

1. I isolated myself for a day to cry over it and also consoled myself
2. I analysed what I didnt do well(bad handwriting, forcing myself to do night class when I can manage my day well, attended all tutorials and had no time to read, not praying and serving God well) after my analysis I encouraged my self.
3. I started being myself and study more...
4. Naturally my handwriting is bad but after failing the first semester, when writing any exams, I write with 100% clarity.
5. All my semester from 2nd semester 100L to 500L were above 4.0
6 My final CGPA was 4.19

Advice: No need to consult any juju...They have nothing to offer you... Try your best and Pray always

All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Announces Deadline For 2016/2017 Admission Exercise For All Schools / Classroom Under A Tree In Kwara Where Pupils Are Taking A Nap (Photo) / Ilesanmi Adesida, First African To Head University of Illinois, Public Ivy in US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.