Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam (31178 Views)

Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. / Covenant University's School Fees For 100 Level Students; 2016/2017 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by nicolosam(m): 8:54am On Apr 11, 2017
Are u a Christian or a Muslim? pray to God for mercy and retentive memory and ur story will change.

Besides, change ur perception about the school and love it like never before....

Change ur perception about the thought to cheat during exams but believe that ur success is certain and constant in the exams u write , do ur best and leave the rest.

Select ur friends and don't move with the lazy friends and n campus.

Good Luck!
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by jericco1(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2017
goingape1:
don't bully someone by calling them names, instead try to advise someone!

by The way! once you finish you can apply in my firm. hit me anytime
thank you
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Culin(f): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2017
It's not about reading your ass out but reading the right materials and studying question patterns.
Speak positive words to your education, our words are life and the universe responds to us.
Pray, eat well, sleep weeeell. And make sure whatever happens at home or school does not distract you. No need for jujuman.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by ericlove4all: 9:22am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
Hi, guys i really can't explain were the problem came from, i read my ass out, i even did midnight reading buh in the exam hall i always forgot what i read, am doing 11 courses and am not even sure of passing more than 2 courses, the first day i stepped my leg into the school gate, i didn't like the school, a new federal university in one village like that, the school have a low tolerance of exam malpractise, u can't even sort any lecturer, i heard the school doesn't tolerate low cgpa and am afraid of being expelled because of low cgpa, i did very poorly in the exam, the school spaced everybody doing the exam period, i planned to find out from a jujuman what is wrong with me, i need help, my parents spent a lot of money on me i can't afford to let them down

pm me for solution.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by mrcharlie005: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2017
the fastest means of solving your financial problem, see details below.

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by snowlordng(m): 10:13am On Apr 11, 2017
othman11:
And you're still performing badly, Political science is one of the easiest course to study in the university. Bro you should really brace up, Read ahead of time ( don't wait till a week to exam or during the exam night ) , avoid bad company and And most importantly PRAY
don't say what you don't know here in unizik psc is one of d most difficult course to study ..if u mistakenly graduate with 2:1 ogbeni you be hot cake ..I bet you ..ya bros sotted his way out ...if u have good lecturers that doesn't sort omo psc no be hie ..its very very hard even if u are a bookworm ..
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
Hi, guys i really can't explain were the problem came from, i read my ass out, i even did midnight reading buh in the exam hall i always forgot what i read, am doing 11 courses and am not even sure of passing more than 2 courses, the first day i stepped my leg into the school gate, i didn't like the school, a new federal university in one village like that, the school have a low tolerance of exam malpractise, u can't even sort any lecturer, i heard the school doesn't tolerate low cgpa and am afraid of being expelled because of low cgpa, i did very poorly in the exam, the school spaced everybody doing the exam period, i planned to find out from a jujuman what is wrong with me, i need help, my parents spent a lot of money on me i can't afford to let them down
you need prayer and counselling
not ordinary, but the one that will let u know your purpose.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Sanialee: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2017
my guy just have faith in god
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Aliyu333: 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
the school changed the question, i used the past question to do revision buh they changed the question
sorry but this made me laugh, laugh really hard. More often than not questions are changed than repeated, all you try to do is understand the pattern of how they are set, minutes given and all that and sometimes you can plead with the lecturer with that year's marking scheme. You can turn the tides in your favour man, I know a girl who started with 2.0 and a carry over in our first year, and the second semester, man she made a perfect 5.0.
You have what it takes, try to like the school, forget it is in a village, talking of strict? Have you being to ABU or OAU?? And students are making good grades despite the odds even there.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Ahmiee(f): 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2017
stamapro:
I hop u lv reading historys. Philosophies by pol. Theorist/thinkers,current affairs.dis jst a part
ohh kina
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Ahmiee(f): 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
banjo022:
Chai... he studied political science in a technology school. indeed you are still in secondary school. wat year did futmx started offering Art courses?
is a social science course not art,,same as economics.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2017
emmanuelike:

You must be a student of my school, great FUNAI.

You guys didnt listen. maybe it the way you guys (year one students) came in.

I tried telling the ones that came near me, read, read, read,

Most importantly go to lectures, the highest department in FUNAI has 90+ students. i.e Economics.

SO it is easy for lecturer to identify students, also read your slide and handout daily, i know no lecturer sales handout or slide in FUNAI.

but your set, wouldn't listen, it bet9ja shop and VEgas that you see them, or in the next birthday party..

My advice to you OP, resume on time next semester, start week 1 lecture with your class, summarise your slide after every class,
during exam you just revise, i have BOT 203 (seedless planta), very voluminous but i dey nairaland. why i don dey read am since.

I just finished summarizing it.

also register here: www.funailand.com, It will be fully functional next semester.

if you are disposed call me, number on signature.

I love FUNAI!

how can i love such school
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by temi4fash(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:

My guy...

Just go and pray no be ordinary oooo
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Engineermbugame(m): 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
wheezyoung:
am a pol sci student(200 lvl,UNN) ...i must confess the course aint easy, crazy lecturers upandan looking for exact definitions,but you can scale through for sure...there are tips for theoretical courses like ours .. I can help out
help me comfirmed hw much unn is paying for school fees ,for second year course business management
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Engineermbugame(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
noblesteve:
Bro you are lucky your parents are spending on you to go to school. My dad does not value education though am more than an average student I am working my ass out just to save up for university. How I wish I had parents who will sponsor me cry
hey bro ,take heart ,GOD WIL PROVIDE FOR UR HELPER ,MAYBE HE IS RUNNING FOR A RESPONSIBLITY ,HUZTLE HARD U WILL MAKE IT ,ARE U A LAST BORN ?
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ahmiee:
is a social science course not art,,same as economics.
futmx is purely science and technology courses.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by stamapro(m): 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ahmiee:
ohh kina
ur 1st semester is mainly intro. D main isu is later
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by wheezyoung(m): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
Engineermbugame:
help me comfirmed hw much unn is paying for school fees ,for second year course business management
should be around 50k down
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by ztanleechima(m): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ahmiee:
please dont quote anyone again, which one is vorastiously?
you should have asked me the meaning. Anyway it means extremely.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by s4short: 1:55am On Apr 12, 2017
lilzcee:

Let me start by saying you still have a high chance of graduating with a good result but there must be a turnaround in the way you think and go about your education.

From your write up you must have gone through secondary school by using expo and copying hence your dependence on such things which have also made you deficient in knowledge hence your difficulty in understanding, year one is more of secondary school work and knowledge builds on knowledge.

Secondly, there is a difference between spending long hours in class or keeping late nights and reading, reading is not based on the quantity of time spent but on the quality. For you to say you have read you must have either understood or crammed the subject matter and you must be ready to consolidate this knowledge by going over it many times, emphasis is on being able to reproduce it so you must test yourself, this way it can never fly from your head inside the hall.

I also feel you are trying to convince yourself that this problem is from your village or due to some circumstances beyond your control which is very false, you must realize that you are completely responsible for your bad result and that your fate rests solely in your hands it is left for you to decide what you want and how much effort you are ready to put in to get it.

Finally, our educational system is basically garbage in, garbage out so you don't even need to be intelligent to do well, all you need is hard work and commitment and you must try to understand the system, get to know your senior colleagues and seek their advice and guidance, you may also change your friends to people who can carry you along academically.
Thanks and good luck, hope i have been of help.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 12, 2017
s4short:

Let me start by saying you still have a high chance of graduating with a good result but there must be a turnaround in the way you think and go about your education.

From your write up you must have gone through secondary school by using expo and copying hence your dependence on such things which have also made you deficient in knowledge hence your difficulty in understanding, year one is more of secondary school work and knowledge builds on knowledge.

Secondly, there is a difference between spending long hours in class or keeping late nights and reading, reading is not based on the quantity of time spent but on the quality. For you to say you have read you must have either understood or crammed the subject matter and you must be ready to consolidate this knowledge by going over it many times, emphasis is on being able to reproduce it so you must test yourself, this way it can never fly from your head inside the hall.

I also feel you are trying to convince yourself that this problem is from your village or due to some circumstances beyond your control which is very false, you must realize that you are completely responsible for your bad result and that your fate rests solely in your hands it is left for you to decide what you want and how much effort you are ready to put in to get it.

Finally, our educational system is basically garbage in, garbage out so you don't even need to be intelligent to do well, all you need is hard work and commitment and you must try to understand the system, get to know your senior colleagues and seek their advice and guidance, you may also change your friends to people who can carry you along academically.
Thanks and good luck, hope i have been of help.
not that i really don't know anything i scored 225 last two years in jamb last yr i scored 223, if am to take another jamb this yr i will try to pass what i scored last year, to be honest with u, i don't like the school the first day i came there to convert my teller into receipt, i heard some candidates who were given admission rejected the school and never returned to the school after paying 20k for acceptance fee, am not trying to say anything bad about the school, nice school with lovely and friendly lecturers
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 12, 2017
kissval1388:
I guess this young fellow is talking about Funai... bro if na Funai u dey talk about, you are not in to dis shit alone.. Lolsssssssssssss.. that school na another tin
not funai
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Saraben(f): 7:54am On Apr 12, 2017
introvertme:

What of your 200L
that was when the journey of success started since then I never dropped
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by s4short: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2017
lilzcee:
not that i really don't know anything i scored 225 last two years in jamb last yr i scored 223, if am to take another jamb this yr i will try to pass what i scored last year, to be honest with u, i don't like the school the first day i came there to convert my teller into receipt, i heard some candidates who were given admission rejected the school and never returned to the school after paying 20k for acceptance fee, am not trying to say anything bad about the school, nice school with a lovely and friendly lecturers

In that case you can seek admission elsewhere bearing in mind how difficult it is to get it whilst trying to get used to the school, it will always take some time to adapt and I believe you can learn to like the school. All the best brother
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
s4short:

In that case you can seek admission elsewhere bearing in mind how difficult it is to get it whilst trying to get used to the school, it will always take some time to adapt and I believe you can learn to like the school. All the best brother
i think my problem here is how to adapt which has affected me even when am reading
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Ahmiee(f): 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
ztanleechima:
you should have asked me the meaning. Anyway it means extremely.
choi brother of Jesus the saviour
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by ztanleechima(m): 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ahmiee:
choi brother of Jesus the saviour
you hitting on me?
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by samJ17(m): 6:02am On Apr 13, 2017
lilzcee:
let me tell u something about reading books(mainly for studying/exams) I sense u started reading a few days to your exams and u read your ass out especially the night before exams,wrong!!!! how do I expect to remember wen u read close to your exams when I was in school I used to read everytime that means I had a time table when u read every given day wat u need to do few days to the exams is just revision try this study everyday and given time as if u hv exams the following day/week u'd get used to it that wen the actual exams comes while others r busy trying to go through their books u r simply revising Becos u hv gone through DAT already and ur brain has gotten used to it there is no way U can ever forget in exams,2ndly sometimes lectures just comes & give tests so as a student u always hv to be prepared try to read atleast once everyday
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 13, 2017
samJ17:
let me tell u something about reading books(mainly for studying/exams) I sense u started reading a few days to your exams and u read your ass out especially the night before exams,wrong!!!! how do I expect to remember wen u read close to your exams when I was in school I used to read everytime that means I had a time table when u read every given day wat u need to do few days to the exams is just revision try this study everyday and given time as if u hv exams the following day/week u'd get used to it that wen the actual exams comes while others r busy trying to go through their books u r simply revising Becos u hv gone through DAT already and ur brain has gotten used to it there is no way U can ever forget in exams,2ndly sometimes lectures just comes & give tests so as a student u always hv to be prepared try to read atleast once everyday
thanks bro
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by samJ17(m): 6:32am On Apr 13, 2017
lilzcee:
thanks bro
you are welcome u will be fine....u said u scored 225 last two yrs in jamb how come u didn't get admission then?
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 13, 2017
samJ17:
you are welcome u will be fine....u said u scored 225 last two yrs in jamb how come u didn't get admission then?
what do u expect when u applied for unn? i also took their post utme last two yrs and i scored 226, if i had applied for unzik i would have been in 200 level by now, i keep on skipping unizik, i regret not applying for unizik last yr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2016/2017 Admission Processes / JAMB Announces Deadline For 2016/2017 Admission Exercise For All Schools / Classroom Under A Tree In Kwara Where Pupils Are Taking A Nap (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.