Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital (17047 Views)

Hajj Stampede:A Lady From Kwara State On A Life Support In A Saudi Hospital(Pic / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Yaradua Leaving Saudi Hospital (pic) <<HOAX>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by FLStudio(m): 11:20am On Jan 02, 2010
if yar' liar is truely dead, then turai and northern elites want to loote the nation treasures before the next election 2011 and then announce the death of her husband. Cos, if she announce it now; jonathan may take over power and some of the ministers may be replaced and the looting of nation's money from turai and northern cabal would have ended.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Ogbeta: 11:37am On Jan 02, 2010
Ikedife Challenges FEC On Yar’Adua’s Health

ByEmmanuel Nzomiwu, REPORTER, Enugu

Former President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Dozie Ikedife has thrown the challenge on the Federal Executive Council (FEC) to avail Nigerians of a very clear picture of the state of health of their sick President.

The Ohanaeze chieftain, who spoke to Saturday Independent, said that Nigeria should really face facts and say the truth, rather than give room for speculations, which are capable of breaking up the country.

Citing the recent example of Senator Robert Kennedy in the United States, whose sickness and death was not hidden from public domain, Ikedife said that to reduce the confusion in the air, the FEC should tell Nigerians all that needs to be told about Yar’Adua’s health.

In his words: “I think that Nigerians have not properly been told officially that the President is not well.

“That somebody swore in the incoming Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) could be constitutional, I don’t see anything wrong with that. But taking the budget to Saudi Arabia for the President to sign, one wonders if Saudi Arabia is part of Nigeria or if Nigeria is part of Saudi Arabia. I think Nigerians should really face facts and be bold to say the truth.

“There is nothing wrong with somebody being ill but if you don’t tell the people the whole truth, the people will start speculating. If this man is sick, you say that this man is unfortunately indisposed and you tell people the cause of his indisposition. If he is indisposed to a certain level, then somebody else takes over and the Constitution is clear on who should take over,” Ikedife stated.

According to him, the debate on whether Vice President Goodluck Jonathan should act for the President or not is “dangerously explosive”, since the Constitution makes it clear that in the absence of the President, his deputy takes over.

Ikedife said Nigerians should stop fidgeting over whether the President wrote the National Assembly or not, stressing that such written formalities were unnecessary under the prevailing circumstance in the country.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by maufunky: 11:55am On Jan 02, 2010
shocked shocked shocked where him dey " I dey see danger, wahala dey".
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by location(m): 11:57am On Jan 02, 2010
OOOOOOOOO, OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOHHHHH,. [color=#990000][/color] NIGERIA, WHAT A NATION, OH WHAT A NATION, a whole president missing, i think that should go into geness book of record or what do you think bros. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by lynxnoon(m): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2010
He's not here and things are not any better
bottom line is. . . . . . we need a change undecided
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by osasp(m): 12:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
d guy is dead!
simple. . .dese northern mofos want power 4 eva
issues with nija are just so tiring youve got no idea
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by donmexy1: 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2010
yaradua is not in saudi and so what, what did he do when he was in nigeria?how many times did u see him on tv?hw would u see him when u probably didnt have light?i travelled from lagos to awka and then to abuja through ajaokuta, the state of our roads shows that even yaradua himself doesnt even know where he is.we are being by a party made up of people deceiving people who are all gathered the umbrella of deceit and corruption.how then do we expect to move ahead when those at the helm of affairs are not only deceiving us but also deceiving themselves.dont be surprised that even if mr president dies before he leaves office,some might tip his wife or even his unborn grandson to take over from him, remember this is naija
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by bidemi12(m): 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
osasp:

d guy is dead!
simple. . .dese northern mofos want power 4 eva
issues with nija are just so tiring youve got no idea

I agree. Bros don kpai and dem wan continue the looting a while longer b4 dem let una know. Heeeeyyy. wey our own jerry Rawlings?
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by mroluway: 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2010
my friend in Usa use to tell me "Sorry Nigerians",
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by MrCartha: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
mr_oluway:

my friend in Usa use to tell me "Sorry Nigerians",

But now, what do they say, RIP Nigerians?! grin grin grin
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2010
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2010
Dont worry eh, he will so be back.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by chidichris(m): 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2010
if a whole ship can miss in nigeria, what more an ordinary yar adua that is not up to 30kg.
if news had it that yar adua is mentally ill and some say he has lost his voice, of what use is salt if it has lost its taste?
a complete yar adua was less than active what more a mentally ill yar adua without a voice.
who is sure yar adua has not gone to yemen to join the terrorist network.
i am of the suggestion nigeria officially report to the american embassy of his suspicious disappearance on time to be on the safe side.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by vigasimple(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
chidichris:

if a whole ship can miss in nigeria, what more an ordinary yar adua that is not up to 30kg.
if news had it that yar adua is mentally ill and some say he has lost his voice, of what use is salt if it has lost its taste?
a complete yar adua was less than active what more a mentally ill yar adua without a voice.
who is sure yar adua has not gone to yemen to join the terrorist network.
i am of the suggestion nigeria officially report to the american embassy of his suspicious disappearance on time to be on the safe side.

Maybe we should report to American Embassy , CIA, FBI that a man by the name Umoru Musa YAR'LIAR is missing like the other Umoru who is loking to bomb a plane, and that he also with similar name is planning samething somewhere in the Arabian Pennisula.

Just maybe they will find his dead body out.

It is more than a disgrace that entire 140 Million people cannot be told where their suppossed 'leader' is. Astoundingly disgraceful in the year 2010.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by H3LLBOY: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2010
So where is he? shocked
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by OAM4J: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2010
Its just plain rubbish.

So we have no right to know where he is and what exactly is wrong with him

but Nigeria foot the medical bills of this missing man. NONSENSE!
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Keegan: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2010
Has he not been found yet? sad embarassed[size=12[color=#006600][/color]pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by ChapelleS: 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
[size=20pt]Nigeria most wanted man-Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua-President of the Federal Repubulic of Nigeria.
for abdicating his throne.Anyone with useful information of where we can find him dead or alive gets $20m ransom[/size]

Wonders shall never end,but we are used to it.

"We Should be guided by What works" President Barack Obama.

I grew up to learn that you don't wish your fellow man even your enemy death. It's cruel and only acceptable in the extreme of all circumstances perhaps when that person is after your own life and you can't help the wickedness of men but defendj your dear life.

Today marks exactly two years,seven months and two days since Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua was sworn in as Nigeria's president in a disputed election which himself acknowledged that the process that brought him to power was 'flawed.' I was one of those who had tremendous faith in the incumbent President's ability to deliver and put Nigeria on the road map to progress and bring about the much needed economic and political emancipation that the 'Giant of Africa' deserves given the fact that God in his infinite mercies has blessed the nation with abundant human and material resources. My belief in Yar'Adua's ability to herald that needed paradigm shift stemmed from the fact that in our 50 years of nationhood,he is the only university graduate to assume the highest office of the land and moreover he came from one of those perceived humble profession which is teaching.

I presumed that since this man was coming from the education sector and more so a retiring teacher,he will come to terms with the underlying reality that education needed to be accorded high premium in our nation's development agenda;even as African governments have overlooked the full education of the African people as one of the major bane of our advancement in all areas of human endeavor.The West never misses that point that is why one of the major fulcrums of Obama's ascendancy to the US presidency as outlined in his books and campaign remains a call on America to invest more in the education sector as a panacea to maintain its enviable status as the world's then sole super power.Inability to pay serious attention to the education sector is just one of the many failures of this administration.

I was one among many who advocated that although Yar'Adua came in through the back door,he should be given the chance to build on the achievements of former President Olusegun Obasanjo or at least improve on them while we move ahead in the task of perfecting our democracy and in the direction of upward mobility of nation building. The report card of Yar'Adua today is nothing to go by rather dismal and appalling.He paints Baba Obasanjo as a super achiever. The year 2009 which coincided with the world recession-that ravaged the developed world and threatened human existence-is the worst in the ten years of our nascent democracy. A summary of the Yar'Adua's achievement has been captured in a 14 point report card published by saharareporters.com.

I had initially on the 9th of November 2009 weeks before the present incapacitation of Mr. President articulated and elucidated a 10 point discourse(nigeriarevoluition..com) on why the president should as a matter of urgency resign to save the soul of this nation;his poor health status topped the list. The saharareporters.com version is a better and summarized version of my over 25 pages discourse.

One month and 9 days ago,President Yar'Adua who could no longer hide under the cloak of performing Hajj in Saudi Arabia was admitted in a Saudi hospital. Those of us who were in the know of the inevitable quickly added steam to our initial calls for his resignation.We were vilified and demonized,call names and accused of trying to distort the political equation of Nigeria. Fasting and prayers were declared,while 'men of God' stormed Abuja and took their turns to pray for our ailing leader. Politicians have since then engaged in spurious prayers and have been posturing for who will out-pray the other. At a point it was rumoured that they were planning to bundle the President back to the country dead or alive.As for me, I continued to ask what this prayer warriors of our darling nation Nigeria want the God of Heavens to do.A miracle? A man that is known to suffer from a severe kidney ailment which is a terminal disease has his precarious health status complicated by an inflammation of the heart which is even an official version whereas we do not know if he had a heart transplant;then we are praying that God should heal him so that he will once again return to Aso Rock and be buoyed with the onerous task of leading Nigeria? Why are we so daft? Why can't we become pragmatic in the issues relating to our nation building? Does common sense not tell us that this man will indeed return to Jeddah in less than no time given the difficulty of the job of leading this nation?

For me I have never wasted my time in praying for Yar'Adua's recovery but I have busied myself praying to God to touch the heart of this man,the way he did to Pharaoh, to change Yar'Adua's heart so that he will release his sick grip on Nigeria because the real cure to his sickness remains perpetual rest with his N700m which must be running into say N700bn as at today going by the norm. Anyone who suffers multiple terminal diseases like his requires all the rest he can get and I don't think the presidency of Nigeria can warrant such rest for him. If we are a developed country we can afford to have a 'thai King' so loved that we can have him rule us from coma but in our state of depression we require a healthy individual with a good heart to alleviate the suffering of the masses.

Blinded by sectarian agenda,he has refused to hand over to his Vice-president solely because he is not a northerner.The drama has just started to play out.The other day I joked on Nairaland.com that Yar'Adua will thumbprint the supplementary budget as was speculated from his hospital bed in Jeddah. The next day,a mail filtered inside my mailbox from FOI Coalition that he actually did so. We have a healthy vice-president who can hold the fort for the president until he is able to return to Abuja even if he will eventually administer the nation from the Aso Rock hospital.

I have been and will remain a strong advocate of rotational presidency(RP) and I will be remiss If I fail to realize that truth. We have a unique history and that history requires that RP remains a panacea for the continued unity of Nigeria until we attain a certain level of development when the ethnic nationality of our president will play little role in politics.

The north should realize that once in the history of Nigeria,luck has run out on them. Or possibly as many have put it,OBJ outplayed them in that famous game of politics.I also vehemently and strongly believe that power should remain in the north till 2015 when they will pave way for the South-East.To avoid a further deterioration of the polity,a political compromise should be worked out which will see Yar'Adua hand over to his vice Goodluck Jonathan as the Constitution stipulates to hold the fort till Yar'Adua is healthy enough to return.Or even till 2011 when all the major parties will field an all northern presidential candidates with the realization that 2015 is non-negotiable for Ndi-Igbo or we face a possible break up of Nigeria.

However, I continue to ponder and ask myself these questions:Does Yar'Adua know that we have become an object of ridicule by among African nations and indeed the whole world as a sleeping giant? Is Yar'Adua aware that his continued absence,stubbornness and refusal to hand over to his vice can lead to a more severe constitutional crisis even as we have witnessed recently? I begin to wonder if he is of this generation or another one to realize that situations like this are those that can spur our brothers in uniform to have a good reason of explaining to us 'why they struck'? Does Yar'Adua realize that the destabilization of Nigeria spells doom for all Africa nations who will follow suit because if other Africa nation take it or leave it we remain the leader of Africa and as they say when a mother goat is chewing his cord,the child goat will imitate it?

I do not know the answer President Yar'adua will give to this questions but it is not difficult to arrive at what his eventually response might be going by the nation's status quo.Nigeria is at the crossroads and one man who is supposed to provide guidance and good leadership has constituted himself into a nuisance and indeed a cog in the wheel of our progress as a nation. I know that we can not continue in this chaotic state for so long. Change which is the most constant element in life must play out its role. Uncertainty hovers over the nation and even as we glide into the new year,let us remember that Idiagbon struck on the 31st and history has a way of repeating itself if we water the ground for it.

Finally,I want to end the year just like the Iranian who constantly rile out 'death to America' in all their demostration by echoing loud and clear,death to Yar'Adua for his determination to destabilize the nation in his over two years in power.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by slimshay(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2010
i have repeatedly said it, i think this guy is dead. If you think im only wishing him dead, go and hug transformer. My simple wish is dat he ceases to be Nigeria's president, because either by health standing, motivational character or simple charisma he is lacking in what it takes to be Nigeria's president simple.

na wa for we country oh. 38 days and counting not one 'pellow nigerians' from c-in-c na wa oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by vigasimple(m): 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2010
FL Studio:

if yar' liar is truely dead, then turai and northern elites want to loote the nation treasures before the next election 2011 and then announce the death of her husband. Cos, if she announce it now; jonathan may take over power and some of the ministers may be replaced and the looting of nation's money from turai and northern cabal would have ended.

We need to ask the Minister of Finance to tell us as at 31st December 2009, WHAT IS THE CURRENT NIGERIAN FOREIGN EXCHANGE RESERVES.
This is the question the Press need to be asking and Lawyers should take him to court to give evidence under oath when declaring the figures. The North are looking for ways and manners to loot the nations reserves before abadoning the ship. THAT IS THEIR GAME PLAN, YAR A'DO NOTHING IS DEAD LONG TIME AGO

Bad as OBJ may be, he paid off our foreign debts from years of Northern mismanagement and fraud. Also left $50 Billion in foreign reserves, that is a record by any measure in any country of the world.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Remii(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2010
vigasimple:

We need to ask the Minister of Finance to tell us as at 31st December 2009, WHAT IS THE CURRENT NIGERIAN FOREIGN EXCHANGE RESERVES.
This is the question the Press need to be asking and Lawyers should take him to court to give evidence under oath when declaring the figures. The North are looking for ways and manners to loot the nations reserves before abadoning the ship. THAT IS THEIR GAME PLAN, YAR A'DO NOTHING IS DEAD LONG TIME AGO

Bad as OBJ may be, he paid off our foreign debts from years of Northern mismanagement and fraud. Also left $50 Billion in foreign reserves, that is a record by any measure in any country of the world.

I wonder why he deliberately set up a system that would wipe off his gains by installing an unwilling sickman. As a Yoruba man did he forget the proverb that says "You don't install a sickly to replace a dead old village head?"
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by sholasahyd(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2010
What i think is that the Guy might even be long dead and they are trying to conceal the truth from the whole country. When are we gonna be free from all these ignoramus!
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by MrCrackles(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2010
So where the fuc.k is Yaradua then shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by oneluvb55(f): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
chai
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by mamagee3(f): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2010
MrCrackles:

So where the fuc.k is Yaradua then shocked shocked shocked

In the other side resting with his ancestors. cool
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by OAM4J: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2010
mama-gee:

In the other side resting with his ancestors. cool

Happy New Year mama-gee. smiley

only mama-gee can give such a cool answer. grin
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by ozalogbo: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2010
speculations continue
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by snakeeyes: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2010
what Nigeria needs now is PRAYERS. A dark cloud is hovering around US and i tell you the truth we have to get down and pray regardless of our religion. sad shocked cry
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by BrOwnSuga3: 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2010
s0 una never hear say na im and IBB wife f0ll0w g0?
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by chayoma111: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
yar a dua, where are you|,
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by olugbon01(m): 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2010
BrOwn*Suga:

s0 una never hear say na im and IBB wife f0ll0w g0?

Ewoo! I just dey hear am for the first time o Then who come sign the budget wey dey present? That means hope still dey for the dead as he/ she can still rule from the grave. ROFLMAO grin
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by usoldier(m): 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
God help us and direct our noble cause.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Umahi To Sponsor Uzoamaka Chukwu's Education Up To University / PEPC Judgement: Key Points Of Our Appeal, By Peter Obi / APC Sets Up Committee To Monitor Buhari’s Compliance With Manifesto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.