Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate (40844 Views)

PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) HND/Bsc[2.2] Graduate Trainee Programme 2019 / 2 Graduate Vacancies At Louis Berger Nigeria / 2 Graduate Job Position Opened At Airtel Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by rhymesnoni(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
Bleep diz post, 2.1 o evn 1st class aint quarantee for success.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by JimloveTM(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
Hello,

I hope you all are doing fine .

I graduated from the University with a Second Class Lower (Bsc Economics), Missed 2.1 by 0.01 point . A partly qualified Accountant who has good knowledge of Taxation , Audit , Financial reporting and Microsoft Office suite. I am still hunting for Job.

I would see a lovely vacancy that I would want to apply for, reading through the requirements, I would realize that the minimum requirement is a 2.1.

I would give my CV to people and they would say "No, We cant help you . You made a 2.2 .

All these denials just because I didnt make a 2.1

Lessons for undergraduates still in school :

-Try as much as possible to graduate with not less than a 2.1
-Graduating with a 2.2 might deny you from getting certain benefits.
- Ignore those that say , "Even first class still dey look for Job, who 2.1 help?"
- Trust in God.

Read this... There are ways to go about getting a job even with a terrible result. Apply these strategies

https://jimlovetm.com/0116-how-to-get-your-dream-job-even-if-you-graduated-with-the-worst-result-in-school
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Ugosample(m): 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Alhkerimu:
Believe it or not Grade matter alot in your academic life.
Not just about going to school but how you could be able to utilise your brian while in school is issue that matter.
Instead of telling your junior ones to belt up while in school in other to boost thier grade some people are here discouraging them.
The fact that mr A graduated from school with first class an lack job up till this moment that does not warrant you to conclude even if mr B should graduate tomorrow with first class it'll be the same thing no. Our destiny inlife cannot be the same thing.
Alot of people who are un-employ today they are the causes of their problem because while in school they did not serious and this affect their grade negatively.
No organization wil want to employ you when your grade is too low.
I know alot of tout will insult me here for this comment but i have tell them the truth

See what someone who went to school is typing undecided

Uwa di egwu

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by fortunechy(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
first of all,u shld try n change ur mindset on urself.see ur self as a priceless jewel.kip trusting in God.everyfin has time n season.i believe wen ur time come u will enjoy.2.2 is just a paper grade nt ur destiny.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by sekem: 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ugosample:

Uwa di egwu

Haaba mana!!!

You no see say na aboki na? tongue
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Temidayo9(m): 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
tstx:
@Op depends on the school you graduated from bro... 2.2 get levels, a UNN 2.2 is not on the same level with a Nekede 2.2
Whats dis 1 saying ?
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Alhkerimu(m): 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ugosample:

Uwa di egwu
Keep quiet what do you know

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by tripoli007(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
I missed a 2.2 by 0.1 .. I can't come and kill myself .. To survive in Nigeria is about being street smart forget that certificate in your hand,started out repairing phones and now I own my own store selling laptops,phones and other accessories ..don't limit urself

4 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Mavor: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
Hello,

I graduated from the University with a Second Class Lower (Bsc Economics), Missed 2.1 by 0.01 point . A partly qualified Accountant who has good knowledge of Taxation , Audit , Financial reporting and Microsoft Office suite. I am still hunting for Job.

I would see a lovely vacancy that I would want to apply for, reading through the requirements, I would realize that the minimum requirement is a 2.1.

I would give my CV to people and they would say "No, We cant help you . You made a 2.2 .

- Ignore those that say , "Even first class still dey look for Job, who 2.1 help?"
- Trust in God.

Bro you are really missing it. The value of a man is not on a piece of paper. There are 3rd class degree holders in this country who are in top positions in multinationals in this country. It is only God that makes a way for people. No be by degree ooo. Ask Bill Gates dem when be University dropout. You say Trust in God. God wont help you when you allow the devil to plant fear and doubt in you. believe in yourself.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by noble71(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
Hello,

- Trust in God.

if you still think that your 2.2 is your problem I'm sorry for you. I made a 2.2 but I'm doing great. when people ask me what I graduated with I tell them I made a gentle man grade (2.2).

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by 2shur: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
As our names are different so is our destiny.
Just get something doing.
Even if na G
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by ObinnaVal93(m): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
omo!!...dats ur problem o...since u don't believe in ' trust in God' phrase kwantinue ur struggle..na u go tire ooo
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Lionofdjungle: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2017
Dino Melaye graduated with third class and he has made it in life more than those who graduated with first class during his own time. The most successful people are not the most academically sound people. They are just telling you that just to discourage you and send you away because they are not ready to offer you a job. Even if a first class candidate goes there, they'll still complain.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Danialuone: 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
but your father and lecturers repeated the same thing......now your are facing the reality .......life is teacher
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by engrpheleeks(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
Stop wallowing in self pity and strive to boost ur CV in anyway possible. Getting a masters degree sef already creates more niche for you than the 1st class and 2:1 who don't have masters. You could even go for other professional courses and get certified to boost ur CV. Just get sense.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by ElsonMorali: 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
Instead of thinking of How to get a salaried job out of a 2:2 certificate, why don't you look at How you can turn what you love doing into a money making venture and become an employer of labour yourself.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Kenchukky(m): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
Graduated with a third class but currently seated comfortably in a multinational organisation and supervising 2.1 and 2.2 graduate engineers without any connection. Funny enough i beat the 2.1 engineers in our written test and interview squarely. Only God can help you in this wicked world. trust God. Dinno na Senator oo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Sezua(m): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
Hello,

- Trust in God.

pm me

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by casiello(m): 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
Hello,

- Trust in God.

Indicate 3.49 as your class of degree on your CV not 2.2
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by weldersmind(m): 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
Made a 2.2 (3.46) and am working now while many folks I know dat graduated three years ago with good grades are at home looking for job. Though I have welding skills that sell me out quickly but certificate or grade won't get u wealth ur brain does

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by bejite: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
@ all .

I am just trying to advice those that are still in school to try and make good grades.

Meanwhile, Please I am looking for an Accounting job ... Thank You !

Let me help you.

Join the world's smartest job network. Find jobs, recruit jobseekers, find business mentors and partners. Sign up now on www.bejite.com.

Still looking for a job, business mentors and partners or just want to recruit instantly without stress? Join the world's smartest job network www.bejite.com and have your dream come to reality.

Step 1: register with your username and email.

Step 2: choose whether you are a jobseeker or an employer. Fill in your addresses and other details.

Step 3: Fill in your username and connect to at least 2people of your choice.

Step 4: Go to "Edit CV" to add more details to your CV. This will make it easier for employers to search you out. You simply market yourself.

5. Be very active on www.bejite.com with good posts, comments and all about yourself to attract the attention of employers in your field.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by asuzor11(m): 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
Jchi9876:
Go to your village and tell Baba Lamidi to release that old rusty chain he has on his pawpaw tree.

Then you are free
Lwkmd
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Dotman23(m): 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
rattlesnake:
I graduated with 2.8/5 now am a PhD student in Netherland
wanna be like u brother... Am almost Tru with my m. Sc
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
adanny01:

If you had 1st class, they will still say its not a 5.0
undecided
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
adanny01:

If you had 1st class, they will still say its not a 5.0
undecided
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by tamzy123(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
wake up dude.. go get a life. Anyways, a 2.2 from ATBU is equivalent to a 2.1 in any other university in Nigeria. You should have gone to ATBU.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Ladyzinny: 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
It seems we r in d same fate.
God help us.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by ebby9z(m): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
This OP is funny tho. I got my current job before i ended NYSC without even writing an application letter despite graduating with a 2.2(well, very few people had 2.1 from my set. OAU: English dept precisely) However, a few moments with me reveals the depth of my intellect and capability.
Develop yourself and stop whining

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Adieza(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
Hello,

- Trust in God.

How i wish i can help u out bro?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by ikorodureporta: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
obailala:
3.49 CGPA isn't bad, but you need to let the recruiter know it's 3.49 and not 3.0. So whenever you write 2.2, always include 3.49 CGPA in bracket as a start... Goodluck!

is it over 5 or 4?
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by selfmadeboss: 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
Its not really about your cert. I graduated with a pass or just call it certificate of attendance. For those that dont know, its worst that dino malayes 3class. Its like going to university and fail.
But now, i employ masters holders and doctorate degree holders. Disccover yourself and you wont need to go for an interview again

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
tstx:
@Op depends on the school you graduated from bro... 2.2 get levels, a UNN 2.2 is not on the same level with a Nekede 2.2

Any Uni dey Nekede?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2016 UBA PLC Graduate Trainee Recruitment Here / ICSL Ongoing Recruitment - Apply Now / How To Pass First Bank Aptitude Test!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.